Don't tase me bro!

who cares about law? who? our government lets 30 million illegals break the law every single day!

who cares about law? who? our government lets 30 million illegals break the law every single day!

What? Are you telling me that law enforcement doesn't enforce the law on illegal immigrants?

Wait, how much money do cops stand to make by arresting and sending illegals home? In fact, I'd bet you can find open arguments stating that the reason many illegals aren't subjected to the law is due to what it would cost.

But a traffic ticket? That's money in the bank. The kind of law cops can get behind!

What? Are you telling me that law enforcement doesn't enforce the law on illegal immigrants?

Wait, how much money do cops stand to make by arresting and sending illegals home? In fact, I'd bet you can find open arguments stating that the reason many illegals aren't subjected to the law is due to what it would cost.

But a traffic ticket? That's money in the bank. The kind of law cops can get behind!

who cares about law? not you.. you just want cops punished..

If they broke the law. Absolutely.

I would bet there were a truck load of illegals right there in that parking lot. Maybe even the guy who got a ticket.

But hey, there's no money in enforcing those laws. Write the ticket, pepper spray a few people and tase the preacher.

Good work men. :eusa_whistle:

Check it out. GEICO provides Speed Guns to law enforcement. Those good people are so conserned about our safety! I think I'll switch my policy!

Rocky Mountain Collegian - The real purpose of speed limits
Interesting stuff.
All the same there are other valid reasons for keeping speed limits low.
One being reduction of carbon emissions.

So when do we slow down the space shuttle, jumbo jets, NASCAR, the drag strip?

Ther are other factors but NONE of those factors get a law passed like the promise of revenue. Often when a law regarding safety and environmental concerns is offered, the first arguments are about what it would cost to enforce. But attach a cost / fine ratio analysis and the enforcement people will jump on board like drunken sailors. The prime example is the millions offered by the feds for states to make seat belt laws. All these years none of them gave a damn about seat belts. Offer them some money and suddenly they are dreadfully concerned about your health. SOmeone else asked if I knew what it cost to scrape up a person that didn't have on a seat belt. I'd guess it cost about the same as cutting out a survivor that did wear a seat belt.
I always wear my seatbelt but I oppose laws requiring that I do. It worries me that this kind of thinking will get laws passed in my city requiring bicyclists to wear helmets. That will mean big bucks for the helmet manufacturers and a pain in the ass for cyclists like me who don't wear one.

Interesting stuff.
All the same there are other valid reasons for keeping speed limits low.
One being reduction of carbon emissions.

So when do we slow down the space shuttle, jumbo jets, NASCAR, the drag strip?

Ther are other factors but NONE of those factors get a law passed like the promise of revenue. Often when a law regarding safety and environmental concerns is offered, the first arguments are about what it would cost to enforce. But attach a cost / fine ratio analysis and the enforcement people will jump on board like drunken sailors. The prime example is the millions offered by the feds for states to make seat belt laws. All these years none of them gave a damn about seat belts. Offer them some money and suddenly they are dreadfully concerned about your health. SOmeone else asked if I knew what it cost to scrape up a person that didn't have on a seat belt. I'd guess it cost about the same as cutting out a survivor that did wear a seat belt.
I always wear my seatbelt but I oppose laws requiring that I do. It worries me that this kind of thinking will get laws passed in my city requiring bicyclists to wear helmets. That will mean big bucks for the helmet manufacturers and a pain in the ass for cyclists like me who don't wear one.

It is often the perfect storm when these laws are passed. Well meaning people are taken in by both sides. Any industry that stands to make a buck will publish their safety data, along with a picture of some cute kid that kicked by a horse while not wearing a helmet. The cops will take the kid to the public meeting and post his picture on the PD door. The gullible, who for some reason can't make an independent decision to wear a helmet, are taken in by the propoganda campaign and the law gets passed. A new bike store opens with a full line of helmets, the cops get new tasers in a matter of months, with the new revenue from fines and the mayor enjoys a Caribbean vacation courtesy of his investment in the new helmet store that he coincidentally made just a month before the law was passed.

I would bet there were a truck load of illegals right there in that parking lot. Maybe even the guy who got a ticket.

But hey, there's no money in enforcing those laws. Write the ticket, pepper spray a few people and tase the preacher.

yeah,, and never mind the lawbreakers,, hell look how much we could save if we just did away with those evil bastards called cops!

I am so sick of this "blame the people that risk their lives to protect and serve us all every single day for a few bad apples" mentality in this country lately ... people who are against the cops, ever stop to think that the government is far more intrusive and abusive to us? Or what it would be like without cops? Or how many of the cops are killed every year by criminals who think they are invincible? Or how many criminals sue good cops for doing their job successfully thanks to this anti-cop shit? No ... it's one or two bad cops appear on video and suddenly every cop is bad. Know what, all Democrats and Republicans are evil bastards who should be locked up on a small island and forgotten about for being nothing but crooks (follower and politicians) ... how's that for an over-generalization?

yeah,, and never mind the lawbreakers,, hell look how much we could save if we just did away with those evil bastards called cops!

Which law breakers? The illegal immigrants they shrug at? Those law breakers? They already pay no mind to those law breakers. No money in it.

But seat belt tickets? That's a big enough enough business to generate prime time TV commercials. Big money! No whamies!

Which law breakers? The illegal immigrants they shrug at? Those law breakers? They already pay no mind to those law breakers. No money in it.

But seat belt tickets? That's a big enough enough business to generate prime time TV commercials. Big money! No whamies!

are state and local police supposed to arrest illegals?? :lol: cops can't have tazers but illegals can have AK47"s to use to mow down innocent people,, like the one is San Francisco did.. yep,, and the Mayor went on his honeymoon while the widow went to her husbands and her 2 son's funeral.. but never mind,, dosen't bother you.

I am so sick of this "blame the people that risk their lives to protect and serve us all every single day for a few bad apples" mentality in this country lately ... people who are against the cops, ever stop to think that the government is far more intrusive and abusive to us? Or what it would be like without cops? Or how many of the cops are killed every year by criminals who think they are invincible? Or how many criminals sue good cops for doing their job successfully thanks to this anti-cop shit? No ... it's one or two bad cops appear on video and suddenly every cop is bad. Know what, all Democrats and Republicans are evil bastards who should be locked up on a small island and forgotten about for being nothing but crooks (follower and politicians) ... how's that for an over-generalization?

There is no protect and serve involved in collecting fines for the sake of collecting fines.

Give me a license to issue fines and I'll make myself a neat little job writing tickets too.

This particular case, like so many of the taser cases, begins with an attempt at issuing a fine. No wreckless driving, no DUI, no danger to me or my kids or you or anyone. He failed to pay the private company that the law forces him to pay for the priviledge of driving. He had no insurance. The only risk is financial. There was no eminent danger, no threat of life or limb. There was no heroic cop protecting you or me from some terrible menace. There was cop issuing a fine to a guy becasue if someone got killed, heaven forbid there would be no insurance to sue.

What a noble law to enforce. Well worth pepper spraying and tasering the whole church.

Last edited:

There is no protect and serve involved in collecting fines for the sake of collecting fines.

Give me a license to issue fines and I'll make myself a neat little job writing tickets too.

This particular case, like so many of the taser cases, begins with an attempt at issuing a fine. No wreckless driving, no DUI, no danger to me or my kids or you or anyone. He failed to pay the private company that the law forces him to pay for the priviledge of driving. He had no insurance. The only risk is financial. There was no eminent danger, no threat of life or limb. There was no heroic cop protecting you or me from some terrible menace. There was cop issuing a fine to a guy becasue if someone got killed, heaven forbid there would be no insurance to sue.

What a noble law to enforce. Well worth pepper spraying and tasering the whole church.

Yes there is, YOU voted for those laws, so YOU promised to follow them, and THEY are paid to enforce them.

are state and local police supposed to arrest illegals?? :lol: cops can't have tazers but illegals can have AK47"s to use to mow down innocent people,, like the one is San Francisco did.. yep,, and the Mayor went on his honeymoon while the widow went to her husbands and her 2 son's funeral.. but never mind,, dosen't bother you.

Illegals can have AK47s?

I don't know. Maybe if the cops weren't so busy collecting fines they could figure a way to deal with such dangerous problems as AK47s. But then again, not much money it that. More profitable to protect us from traffic vilolators than AK47s.

Um.....you're kind of out there......aren't you?

Illegals can have AK47s?

I don't know. Maybe if the cops weren't so busy collecting fines they could figure a way to deal with such dangerous problems as AK47s. But then again, not much money it that. More profitable to protect us from traffic vilolators than AK47s.

My best friend was killed by a "traffic violator" ... I knew several others who were killed by the same ... I know of no one killed by an illegal ... so yeah, traffic violators should hang.

Yes there is, YOU voted for those laws, so YOU promised to follow them, and THEY are paid to enforce them.

And with such vigor!

As our other poster has pointed out, when do you think these upstanding people in law enforcement will get around to enforcing the illegals on every corner? What's so complicated about that issue? There is an illegal for every speeder, I'm sure.

Don't be a dumb ass. They enforce fines, not laws. The laws enforced are selected according to profitability. If there was a $250 fine attached to every illegal here, it would take about 2 months and those mother fuckers would be scarce as hens teeth.

But hey, there's just more money in enforcing some laws as others. Like enforcing tresspass law on these trespassing cops. No one showed up to take care of the Pastors trespass problem, did they? Just to issue a fine.

And with such vigor!

As our other poster has pointed out, when do you think these upstanding people in law enforcement will get around to enforcing the illegals on every corner? What's so complicated about that issue? There is an illegal for every speeder, I'm sure.

Don't be a dumb ass. They enforce fines, not laws. The laws enforced are selected according to profitability. If there was a $250 fine attached to every illegal here, it would take about 2 months and those mother fuckers would be scarce as hens teeth.

But hey, there's just more money in enforcing some laws as others. Like enforcing tresspass law on these trespassing cops. No one showed up to take care of the Pastors trespass problem, did they? Just to issue a fine.

Great, another Nik ... fines are the penalties not what is enforced, and the penalties are voted on to, want to see a dumbass, look in the mirror.

Illegals can have AK47s?

My best friend was killed by a "traffic violator" ... I knew several others who were killed by the same ... I know of no one killed by an illegal ... so yeah, traffic violators should hang.

And que the extremist.....

Traffic violators should hang. Any of you traffic violators out there feel the urge to correct this fur ball?

Illegals can have AK47s?

no,, you are.. cops have no jurisdiction over illegals,, so as with yer private property argument.. money has naught to do with it.. bottom line.. for you it always blame America first and blame law enforcement first.. poor poor wind in San Fran the sanctuary city.. where cops are expressly forbidden to even ask the question.. are you here legally? :lol::lol::lol::lol: fuck those evil bastards the cops,, shame we have to forbade them to speak to the innocent ak47 toting illegals

Forum List

Back