Don't tase me bro!

Check it out. GEICO provides Speed Guns to law enforcement. Those good people are so conserned about our safety! I think I'll switch my policy!

The Radio Association Defending Airwave Rights (RADAR), uncovered the money-grubbing strategy of Geico insurance corporation. It turns out that Geico lavishes law enforcement agencies with pricey laser speed guns, each worth thousands of dollars, stipulating only that they be used to write as many tickets as possible. As a kickback, the insurance company gets to raise its premiums on the speeders and wallow in additional profit. Geico and other insurance giants who prey on unsuspecting motorists would likely argue that the additional premiums are necessary to compensate them for the increased accident risk of speeding. However, they have yet to provide any concrete proof whatsoever that there is a correlation between an increase in speed and an increase in traffic accidents, injuries, or deaths.

Rocky Mountain Collegian - The real purpose of speed limits

Florida gets 35 million dollars from the Feds just to make their seatbelt law a primary infraction. They got PAID to pass a law so they can get PAID some more.

Of course, Charlie says the revenue and the 35 million bonus is only the incentive. The real reason is because he loves each and everyone of us that drive in Florida.

So, uh, Charlie, where has this love been? You didn't love us enough to do this until you were offered 35million?

Signed into law by Gov. Charlie Crist earlier this week, the legislation makes Florida eligible for up to $35 million in federal grant money created in 2005 as an incentive for states to establish seat belt laws. While Florida's fine for the nonmoving seat belt violation will be a mere $30, studies show that drivers are 13% more likely to fasten their belts if they can be pulled over for it. While the millions in federal money and ticket revenue are both incentives to the state, that's not the primary motivation behind it. "This bill will save lives," the governor said. "That's what is important."

Florida signs new primary seat belt law, gets $35 million from gov't

Ok, so let me get this straight.

A policeman is hanging out in a church parking lot, no one asks him to leave.

He randomly strolls up to a guy sitting in a car who has been there longer than he has.

The officer out of the blue asks to see the fellas proof of insurance.

(Already this story is so thin, you can see thru it).

What do you know, what are the chances, this guys got no insurance, the cops one for one....he should pay the lottery.

The pastor walks out, confronts the officer, a conflageration ensues.

The policeman states the pastor pushed him.

Witnesses state the pastor did not push him.

The pastor flees into the church to "get witnesses" (so who the hell are the witnesses who state the pastor didn't push the cop???)

The pastor emerges with 30 to 40 folks in tow.

The police once again out of the blue with no warning pepper spray everyone and tase the pastor for no reason.

(and now back to our regularly scheduled reality)

Last edited:
Ok, so let me get this straight.

A policeman is hanging out in a church parking lot, no one asks him to leave.

He randomly strolls up to a guy sitting in a car who has been there longer than he has.

The officer out of the blue asks to see the fellas proof of insurance.

(Already this story is so thin, you can see thru it).

What do you know, what are the chances, this guys got no insurance, the cops one for one....he should pay the lottery.

The pastor walks out, confronts the officer, a conflageration ensues.

The policeman states the pastor pushed him.

Witnesses state the pastor did not push him.

The pastor flees into the church to "get witnesses" (so who the hell are the witnesses who state the pastor didn't push the cop???)

The pastor emerges with 30 to 40 folks in tow.

The police once again out of the blue with no warning pepper spray everyone and tase the pastor for no reason.

(and now back to our regularly scheduled reality)

Officer Smiley says his partner was talking to the guy in the parking lot.

That is a strange bit of an opening for Officer Smiley. Normally, I would expect officer Smilety to say "we initiated a traffic stop" or some such. But the quote says they were in the parking lot "talking" to someone. He didn't say they were perfroming a stop.

During the conversation, the tags get called in off the vehicle. Calling in tags from a random parking lot isn't that strange. Cops do it all the time, looking for fines.

The car comes back uninsured.

It's sketchy. Why were they there? Was it a stop? Or was it a fine fishing expedition? Did they see this car on the highway? If they did, fine. He gets gets the ticket. If they didn't, another story.

In any case, they are on private property. If the Church has no regulation regarding insurance for cars operating on it's property, the Pastor has every right to ask the police to leave his property. If they were not in pursuit and not invited, they have no business there. There was no actionable criminal activity. Just a car without insurance. Perfectly legal on private property.

The rest of the story would be nice. The key is WHY they entered private property. If they don't have the right reason, anything that happened subsequently is their fault. We call it trespassing and cops are not above the law.

If cities have no jurisdiction on private property, how do they enforce law like no RV's or commercial vehicle ordinances, mowing regulations, building regulations.

Another example...in the city of Springfield, MO it is illegal to have an unregistered vehicle in your driveway unless it is covered.

wow, over 165 posts and still no video of this event
how is it no one at that chuch had a video cam?

and since when can you be pulled over for an infraction and just because you pull onto private property, the cop cant write you a ticket?

If cities have no jurisdiction on private property, how do they enforce law like no RV's or commercial vehicle ordinances, mowing regulations, building regulations.

Another example...in the city of Springfield, MO it is illegal to have an unregistered vehicle in your driveway unless it is covered.

They do have certain jurisdiction, they can enforce city ordinances, etc. However, traffic laws are not enforcable on private property. The Texas law has already been cited. Private property is set aside from the state traffic code. The property owner may make restrictions or ask for enforcement but there is no jurisdiction to enforce state traffic law. The prime examples have already been given. If traffic laws applied to private property, there would be no NASCAR, riding lawn mowers would need turn signals, insurance and registration. I mean, what, do you think NASCAR has to apply for exemptions from traffic laws before running a race? How about my ATV? Can the cops come chase me down on private property for not having insurance? Are kids ticketed for driving without a license when driving an ATV on private property? Fact is, I can drive whatever I want to drive on private property, with very few exceptions. Hell, how would you like to be arrested for public drunkeness on your front porch? Security Patrols often drive non highway legal vehicles on private property like Malls and stuff. Those funny little three wheeled carts that aren't street legal at all.

This isn't so hard to understand. It's private property. There are no traffic laws on your property. Even these city ordinances about covering an unregistered vehicle would certainly fail if anyone ever took the time and money to get them in court. Most people just roll over and follow instructions or pay the fines. But you can't seriously believe that anyone has the right to tell you that you can't buy a car and park it on your own property and they are RIGHT.

Now as far as Divecon's post, as soon as someone reports that this guy was seen operating that vehicle on a public street, then it is different. That's is within jurisdiction to initiate the stop. But so far, nothing has been reported that the police ever saw the vehicle on the street. The police account begins and ends in the parking lot. A private parking lot.

Check it out. GEICO provides Speed Guns to law enforcement. Those good people are so conserned about our safety! I think I'll switch my policy!

The Radio Association Defending Airwave Rights (RADAR), uncovered the money-grubbing strategy of Geico insurance corporation. It turns out that Geico lavishes law enforcement agencies with pricey laser speed guns, each worth thousands of dollars, stipulating only that they be used to write as many tickets as possible. As a kickback, the insurance company gets to raise its premiums on the speeders and wallow in additional profit. Geico and other insurance giants who prey on unsuspecting motorists would likely argue that the additional premiums are necessary to compensate them for the increased accident risk of speeding. However, they have yet to provide any concrete proof whatsoever that there is a correlation between an increase in speed and an increase in traffic accidents, injuries, or deaths.

Prey on unsuspecting motorists?!

Don't fucking speed, you god damned moron!

You speed, you break the law. You break the law, chances are you'll get caught. You get caught, you pay the fucking ticket, and don't blame someone else for your own stupidity, eh?

ahh in nc...with college students....if the police go to a party where people are drinking....they will ask people to step outside...once the drunk has stepped outside of their condo ....apartment etc...they arrest you for public drunkness...nice..and you wonder why they are called pigs

ahh in nc...with college students....if the police go to a party where people are drinking....they will ask people to step outside...once the drunk has stepped outside of their condo ....apartment etc...they arrest you for public drunkness...nice..and you wonder why they are called pigs

Most college kids are under 21.. I don't know what the drinking law is where you are, but here it's 21. Again.. If you're going to have a problem with the fines if you get caught breaking the law, then simply don't break it. While we're at it, I'd slap the adults who bought the booze and/or served it for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. :lol:

How hard is it, really?

I'm not saying every law is right.. But the fact is, they're laws, and they're there. *Breaking* them isn't going to make them go away, and people need to step up and stop blaming everyone else for what goes wrong with them. People need to take responsibility for their own actions.

When we start doing THAT, then MAYBE we'll be allowed a few more freedoms.

You're right..we don't have it.. So, let's just assume it's all the fault of the cop, right?

Like I said. You're one of "those" people.

Like I said earlier, there are two ways this is usually approached.

1) The PEOPLE are given benefit of the doubt, within a shadow of such, as they say.

2) The COPS are given the benefit to the point of using weapons against the PEOPLE.

You're on the wrong side. Cops have no rights, as such. THE PEOPLE have the rights. Cops are servants.

and 99% of the tiem they act like that----get over it.

So you don't think they should be called to task for the 1% of the time you say they screw up.

Obama is proposing a new law. He wants stats kept by Police Forces to show they taser white people as often as coloured people.

Obama is proposing a new law. He wants stats kept by Police Forces to show they taser white people as often as coloured people.

Obama does want to create a national police force as well funded as the armed forces.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s]YouTube - Obama Civilian Security[/ame]​

Prey on unsuspecting motorists?!

Don't fucking speed, you god damned moron!

You speed, you break the law. You break the law, chances are you'll get caught. You get caught, you pay the fucking ticket, and don't blame someone else for your own stupidity, eh?

Sure thing. Now do you mind if we get into what laws these police officers broke? Since you're so adamant about us following the letter of the law, right or wrong, I would like to see the law applied in the defense of citizens as well as applied to the detriment of their pocket books.

If a plumber came onto my property and was bothering my neighbor about his car, I asked the plumber to leave but he refused, I went inside and got a few friends, came out, the plumber pepper sprayed all my friends and hit me with a taser.

But this was a cop, huh? Cops have rights that the plumber doesn't? Is there a seperate set of tresspass laws for cops? He was just trying to do his job maybe? Well hell, the plumber claims he was just coming over to fix my pipes, even though I didn't ask him to fix my pipes. Just like the plumber, no one asked them to patrol that private property for traffic offenders. They don't get to do that job on private property anymore than a plumber gets to fix pipes on random houses.

What in this scenario gives the cop the right to break the law? He does not have the authority to enter private property without cause. The traffic citations are not cause.

So if I speed or fail to wear my seatbelt, I'm a moron and deserve whatever punishment they law says. It's that simple. But if a cop enters private property, a tresspass, then proceeds to issue an illegal citation or two, then pepper sprays the occupants and then tasers the owner, you give him every benefit of the doubt. But I get none. I'm a moron because I speed.

Citizens = moronic law breakers.

Cops = lawless guys just doing their job.

If I'm smoking on my porch, too bad for you. If the cop comes in to my HOUSE, we have a problem - illegal entry for one.
If you've been convicted of anything that I can see for myself, I ain't hiring you for shit. Especially when there's people with ZERO convictions and a better track record than you applying.

I'd chose to discriminate against a smoker before discriminating against an ex con who has paid his debt to society.

Smokers take more sick days, more breaks and often stink up the work place cuz they smell like ashtrays.

Last edited:

Most college kids are under 21.. I don't know what the drinking law is where you are, but here it's 21. Again.. If you're going to have a problem with the fines if you get caught breaking the law, then simply don't break it. While we're at it, I'd slap the adults who bought the booze and/or served it for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. :lol:

How hard is it, really?

I'm not saying every law is right.. But the fact is, they're laws, and they're there. *Breaking* them isn't going to make them go away, and people need to step up and stop blaming everyone else for what goes wrong with them. People need to take responsibility for their own actions.

When we start doing THAT, then MAYBE we'll be allowed a few more freedoms.

And this is just the icing on the cake.

"If we be good massah, we gits to dance on friday evening? We be good massah. Oh Lord thank you for giving us a little taste of freedom masah."

Interesting stuff.
All the same there are other valid reasons for keeping speed limits low.
One being reduction of carbon emissions.

Interesting stuff.

So when do we slow down the space shuttle, jumbo jets, NASCAR, the drag strip?

Ther are other factors but NONE of those factors get a law passed like the promise of revenue. Often when a law regarding safety and environmental concerns is offered, the first arguments are about what it would cost to enforce. But attach a cost / fine ratio analysis and the enforcement people will jump on board like drunken sailors. The prime example is the millions offered by the feds for states to make seat belt laws. All these years none of them gave a damn about seat belts. Offer them some money and suddenly they are dreadfully concerned about your health. SOmeone else asked if I knew what it cost to scrape up a person that didn't have on a seat belt. I'd guess it cost about the same as cutting out a survivor that did wear a seat belt.

Interesting stuff.

Ther are other factors but NONE of those factors get a law passed like the promise of revenue. Often when a law regarding safety and environmental concerns is offered, the first arguments are about what it would cost to enforce. But attach a cost / fine ratio analysis and the enforcement people will jump on board like drunken sailors. The prime example is the millions offered by the feds for states to make seat belt laws. All these years none of them gave a damn about seat belts. Offer them some money and suddenly they are dreadfully concerned about your health. SOmeone else asked if I knew what it cost to scrape up a person that didn't have on a seat belt. I'd guess it cost about the same as cutting out a survivor that did wear a seat belt.
so, i take it you oppse cap & trade?

Interesting stuff.

so, i take it you oppse cap & trade?

Like most of our esteemed legislators, I haven't read the whole thing.

Forum List

Back