Doubles standards

The way it was explained to me,
it was a cultural honor for the family to bequeath a daughter
to such a man as Mohammad they wished to honor.
You can blame the culture, if you want, for giving away
daughters as a gift like property, but that was the culture.

I am more concerned with how Islam is taught today, regarding women.
The way the American Muslims and Nation of Islam represent this,
is that since the Bible mentions honoring our Mothers before Fathers,
then we are supposed to Honor our Mothers first.

And Mohammad's teachings were also made possible by
support of his wife who believed in his purpose of prophecy.
So the Muslims who understand this, teach great respect for women.

I am more concerned with how the countries with oppressive policies
against women's equal rights "claim" to be integrating Islam into govt laws,
with this direct conflict going on in how Islam is taught.

The head of CAIR also explained to me the teachings of Mohammad
on democratic principles, and no religious indoctrination. So somehow the militant "jihadism" and other abuses going on, especially regarding women, are completely in conflict with how American Muslims view Mohammad's message and teachings.

I am more concerned about a consistent teaching of Islam, as well as with Christianity and Judaism TODAY as opposed to arguing over what Mohammad did in the past. What is the true message and meaning, and how can more people reach agreemen on that
so there is a positive message consistent with Christians and Jews as well,
as Islam is supposed to recognize these faith traditions as equally sent by God.

Muslims may do what Muslims do.

I am more concerned about so called Christian churches that do not ordain women to the priesthood.

And what facts would those be?

Im guessing he is referring to the ones he has already posted in this thread. The ones no one has even tried to disprove.

I wish someone would post facts about Mohammed so we can discuss them. All we have from the "hate Mohammed crowd" is opinion.

The issue of Joseph and Mary has nothing to do with Mohammed.

My only opinion is that Muhammed is the leader of Islam and Joseph is not the leader of Christianity. As such, the allegations against Muhammed are of greater import to Islam than the allegations against Joseph are to Christianity.

Do you disagree?

Im guessing he is referring to the ones he has already posted in this thread. The ones no one has even tried to disprove.

I wish someone would post facts about Mohammed so we can discuss them. All we have from the "hate Mohammed crowd" is opinion.

The issue of Joseph and Mary has nothing to do with Mohammed.

My only opinion is that Muhammed is the leader of Islam and Joseph is not the leader of Christianity. As such, the allegations against Muhammed are of greater import to Islam than the allegations against Joseph are to Christianity. Do you disagree?

Not relevant to the OP.

Muslims may do what Muslims do.

I am more concerned about so called Christian churches that do not ordain women to the priesthood.

Muslims may do what Muslims do, but Christians gotta do what you say they should do????

You are involved in misrecognition, a failing in which you often become trapped.

Infer correctly what I have written, instead of trying to derail the conversation.

Powerful people often married for political reasons, to ally with powerful families, or to consolidate great wealth.

Betrothal to children, even marriage to children was commonly practiced.

Generally those "marriages" were unconsummated until the children were of age.

What do we really know about this charge that Mohammed married a nine year old?

Was there issue (children) from that marriage?

How long after that marriage were there children?

None of you know, so please do go find out for us, would you?

Thanks in advance for not being judgemental until you know what the fuck you're talking about

Welcome to WikiIslam, http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Main_Page

the online resource on Islam that anyone can edit.

Not acceptable because non-refereed material can be posted. Give us solid, objective evidence as required for an objective, worthy discussion.

Againsheila and Meathead, we know your opinions.

Please post refereed evidence, data, etc, so we can have an objective discussion.

Your opinion is in this muddle: "Muslims may do what Muslims do, but Christians gotta do what you say they should do????"

We are talking about Aisha and Mohammed, not Christians. Straighten up, fly right, OK.

:bye1:

Your opinion is in this muddle: "Muslims may do what Muslims do, but Christians gotta do what you say they should do????"

We are talking about Aisha and Mohammed, not Christians. Straighten up, fly right, OK.

That was my response to the following post by you:

"Muslims may do what Muslims do.

I am more concerned about so called Christian churches that do not ordain women to the priesthood."

Where in there was anything about Aisha?

Face it, you showed your true colors and now you are trying to hide them again.

Not your your concern at all, as Meathead was trying to muddle the OP, as you are trying to do now.

Fail.

Nothing objective shows that Mohammed deflowered a 9 year old Aisha.

Not your your concern at all, as Meathead was trying to muddle the OP, as you are trying to do now.

Fail.

Nothing objective shows that Mohammed deflowered a 9 year old Aisha.

Talk about double standards.....Muslims can do whatever they want but you have a problem with Christians not ordaining women as priests. No problem of course with the way Muslims treat women.....just Christians. After showing your true colors you are trying to go back to the op and talk about Aisha.

I don't give a crap about Aisha. I care that Muhammed married his son's wife. That just doesn't seem right to me. Who did Jesus marry? Oh yeah, nobody.

My problem with Christian priesthood has nothing to do with Aisha and Mohammed. What you think of Mohammed marrying Aisha has nothing to do with OP. As far as Jesus being married, go talk to certain denominations in the Mormon Restoration, and you will get a lot about Jesus the Polygamist: I kid you not.

What you think my problem with Christian priesthood has nothing to do with Aisha and Mohammed.

No objective evidence demonstrates that Mohammed deflowered Aisha as a child.

My problem with Christian priesthood has nothing to do with Aisha and Mohammed. What you think of Mohammed marrying Aisha has nothing to do with OP. As far as Jesus being married, go talk to certain denominations in the Mormon Restoration, and you will get a lot about Jesus the Polygamist: I kid you not.

What you think my problem with Christian priesthood has nothing to do with Aisha and Mohammed.

No objective evidence demonstrates that Mohammed deflowered Aisha as a child.

Then why did you bring it up in this thread? I think it's clear you hate Christians and Muslims can do no wrong according to you. And you think I have a double standard? How dare I point out yours, right?

Because Meathead was fucking off so I smacked him, like I smacked you.

Do you have anything for the OP or are you simply a hater and spamming?

Oh, and don't do the four year old girl fighting in the playground routine: you look simply stupid.

Yeah, you have a double standard, girl, big time.

Oh, and don't go hysterical please, that only makes me laugh.

Forum List

Back