Dow down 831 points over fears of trade war with China

I know you’d rather he go to the bar.

I was pretty happy with him his first year when he just golfed and held pep rallies but made not real decisions.

Do not really want to see him at a bar, they say that alcohol just bring out your true self, and as big of an asshole he is sober, I would not want to see him drunk
It’s a real disaster with American graduates getting great jobs.

Empty platitudes.
My son-in-law is in Commercial Real Estate; the minimum buy/sell is 600million.
He says you’re a blowhard know nothing.
Ah you have so many imaginary friends....
Just one son-in-law.
You’re the one that’s friends with DailyKOS.

And with the rates as low as they are, they won't be able to bail out the economy. And we sure can't increase spending. And tax cuts are already done. I'm not sure you realize what a bad position the repubs have put us in.
I have a mortgage.
My income is greater than my debt.
The point is for tax revenue due to massive employment to outpace debt.
Clearly you don't understand the economy. You've no idea what things we do to shorten a recession do you?
Yeah...you’re the expert.
There’s about 10,000 ways to run an economy, especially run as complicated as the US.
Then share what we will do to get out of a recession.
More jobs and careers, more tax collected.
Duh...
We all know that if Obama has this economy you’d be jerking off on your monitor all day long.
You realize how low unemployment is? It's going to go lower? Fascinating. How does collecting more taxes help end a recession?

I was pretty happy with him his first year when he just golfed and held pep rallies but made not real decisions.

Do not really want to see him at a bar, they say that alcohol just bring out your true self, and as big of an asshole he is sober, I would not want to see him drunk

Empty platitudes.
Just one son-in-law.
Dailykos is for the fiscally responsible?

Empty platitudes.
Just one son-in-law.
You’re not fiscally responsible.
You’re simply a hate filled Liberal.

Empty platitudes.
Just one son-in-law.
I'm fiscally responsible and actually understand economics, unlike yourself. And I don't have to make up imaginary friends to debate...

Like the Fed bailed out Obama.
Except now the economy is not just being sustained, it’s thriving.
And commies like you can’t take it.
And with the rates as low as they are, they won't be able to bail out the economy. And we sure can't increase spending. And tax cuts are already done. I'm not sure you realize what a bad position the repubs have put us in.
Why don’t you explain it.
I just did... Maybe you'd like to tell me what we'll do to get out of the recession?
No you didn’t. You had a couple parrots talking points, nothing of substance.
And you dodge my question then?
I didn’t dodge anything. I don’t need to answer a question that is posed 100% on misguided opinion. You are simply pontificating and have given no substance for you accusation. That requires no answer. One can’t answer a non fact.

Just one son-in-law.
I'm fiscally responsible and actually understand economics, unlike yourself. And I don't have to make up imaginary friends to debate...
I don’t remember you complaining about Obama and the Fed allowing money to be printed for 0%.
You’re “responsible” when there’s a Republican administration.

Just one son-in-law.
You obviously don’t.

Just one son-in-law.
I don’t remember you complaining about Obama and the Fed allowing money to be printed for 0%.
Look back through my history then. You will never find me approving of huge deficits.

Just one son-in-law.
Look back through my history then. You will never find me approving of huge deficits.
I never found you disapproving.

I just did... Maybe you'd like to tell me what we'll do to get out of the recession?
I didn’t dodge anything. I don’t need to answer a question that is posed 100% on misguided opinion. You are simply pontificating and have given no substance for you accusation. That requires no answer. One can’t answer a non fact.
You obviously did. Here we go again. What can we do to limit the next recession? Given how long the expansion has been it is coming soon.

Wow you search fast. Honesty isn't a quality you value is it?

Just one son-in-law.
I've been for a balanced budget since Perot. That's a pretty long time....

You obviously did. Here we go again. What can we do to limit the next recession? Given how long the expansion has been it is coming soon.
What recession? Please give reasoning other than your little talking points. Here we go again with what? Your stupidity?

The current expansion is in it’s infancy.
There are many universities around America where Corps want to build towns.

Just one son-in-law.
Aww how nice. You do realize that only the balance sheet matters, right?

Wow you search fast. Honesty isn't a quality you value is it?
I actually read posts.
I know the users here.

What recession? Please give reasoning other than your little talking points. Here we go again with what? Your stupidity?
Wow so you dodge again. Don't have an answer huh? I can't say I'm surprised. Sad fact is there won't be much we can do.

Just one son-in-law.
Than tell us what an idiot Obama was.

The honeymoon with Trump and the misconception by his sheep that he's MAGA is quickly coming to an end.

So much for his negotiation skills.

So much for his "art of the deal".

So much for all that "winning".

Major Stock Indexes
4:13 PM EDT 10/10/2018
LAST CHANGE % CHG

DJIA 25598.74 -831.83 -3.15%

Why the US trade war against China is bound to fail

Total bullshit. They sold of bonds today too and I made money on my bond short. They weren't running for safety. They were profit taking.

Forget what this known Trumpbot is saying...he is clearly clueless and/or talking through his MAGA hat.

Obviously, he is using this term to try and say 'everything is fine - nothing to see here'. And he insists that since the bond market fell that it is fine. That is not always the case (something he refuses to admit or simply does not know).

It's from CNN, but this article gives a decent (IMO) description of why the selloff today:

Stock market: Here's why stocks are down today - CNN

Even Trump is worried:

Trump says the Federal Reserve has 'gone crazy' by continuing to raise interest rates

This has been coming for a long time - the Fed eventually had to raise rates. Now it's happening and the markets don't like it. Throw in the uncertainty of a trade war? And things look murky.
Not terrible...but not good.

I assume this correction is temporary. But eventually, the Fed's rate rises will start to bite BIG TIME. You cannot live on cheap debt forever.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back