Dow down 831 points over fears of trade war with China

Maga. Dow is well below highs of January. It is October....

We're 1200 points behind our highest-of-all-time records in October. Roughly 4 points.

The Hang Seng is down THOUSANDS of points. Over 20 percent.

Shanghai is down 20 percent.

We're winning. Something dimocrap FILTH can't stand for America to do.

Because dimocraps are scum
"Their boat is sinking faster than ours! WINNING!"

Please Sell, Sell Sell, Panic Panic Panic , put in all your sell orders now, tonight, don't hesitate, do it.

Maga. Dow is well below highs of January. It is October....

The DJI down more than 1000 points from the day that Trump launched his first tariff volley of the stupid fucking trade war.

Actually, I am glad that Trump has enough nerves to go after the "Big Bully" China. For too long, we have been bullied by the commies, that it's time we put a stop to it.

It's also time, we start buying US-made products. As well, as keep these jobs from going overseas.
It maybe bad for Amazon and Walmart, since they sell China-imported crap like Sony, and other stuff we use everyday.
I doubt it will send any message to these big companies and corporations, that we need to start standing up to China!

Bring back "Made in the USA!"
#BoycottMadeInChina

The honeymoon with Trump and the misconception by his sheep that he's MAGA is quickly coming to an end.

So much for his negotiation skills.

So much for his "art of the deal".

So much for all that "winning".

Major Stock Indexes
4:13 PM EDT 10/10/2018
LAST CHANGE % CHG

DJIA 25598.74 -831.83 -3.15%

Why the US trade war against China is bound to fail

Actually the market is concerned about rapidly increasing bond yields.

But congratulations on today's drop, I'm sure it makes you happy.

Party over country and all.

That's rich. The GOP has become the Trump Cult. All that's missing are mass marriages.

But back to topic: this article came out yesterday, driving the drop that happened today:

Switching around the 18,927 codes that identify imported goods is an increasingly popular way some Chinese exporters are ducking American tariffs
The U.S.-China Trade Battle Spawns a New Era of Tariff Dodges

"""""Every product imported into the U.S. carries a 10-digit designation called an HTS code, of which there are 18,927 in all. Like a taxonomic version of Noah’s Ark, the code provides a common language to bridge disparate markets and identify products in all their variety.

In a world of increasing tariffs, the code has another function: evading those levies. The business of code-fudging is expanding in step with tariff increases, undermining U.S. efforts to shield American business from foreign competition, according to importers, customs officials, trade attorneys and shipping brokers.

As trade conflict grows between the two largest economies, these professionals say, code misclassification is starting to compete with transshipment—the rerouting of goods through third countries—as a way to duck tariffs."""

The honeymoon with Trump and the misconception by his sheep that he's MAGA is quickly coming to an end.

Major Stock Indexes
LAST CHANGE % CHG

As stated by Alibaba executive vice-chairman Joe Tsai, Wednesday at the South China Morning Post’s China Conference in Kuala Lumpur.

Trump's been accelerating our deficits, raising our national debt to all new heights at a faster and faster clip, and the Fed just raised interest rates. That means it is going to take more to service the debt.

Anyone who has the older lower interest rate bonds is going to find themselves underwater unless they can find the next bigger idiot to take them off their hands. And God only knows how this will affect all the derivatives and interest rate swaps out there.

Higher interest rates are probably a big factor in this dive of the Dow.

Trade war my ass it's concern over fears of interest rate hikes due to investor's fear of the over heating economy.

If Trump treating China was like he was a hammer and they were a nail was a good idea, I doubt Gary Cohn would have quit his job so quickly after Trump announced the first round of tariffs.

I find it incredible that so many people blindly trusted our economy with a man who has had to file bankruptcy six times.

Stupefying.

I bet none of the pseudo-cons took the time to read the article about how Fred Trump actually GAVE Donald $413,000,000.
Donald lied and said all he ever got was a $1M loan.
The article is backed by over a year of research into state documents.
It proves that Trump is a massive epic failure who had to turn to the Russians for money, JUST AS ERIC TRUMP SAID.

Major Stock Indexes
LAST CHANGE % CHG

Actually the market is concerned about rapidly increasing bond yields.

But congratulations on today's drop, I'm sure it makes you happy.

Party over country and all.

That's rich. The GOP has become the Trump Cult. All that's missing are mass marriages.

But back to topic: this article came out yesterday, driving the drop that happened today:

Switching around the 18,927 codes that identify imported goods is an increasingly popular way some Chinese exporters are ducking American tariffs
The U.S.-China Trade Battle Spawns a New Era of Tariff Dodges

"""""Every product imported into the U.S. carries a 10-digit designation called an HTS code, of which there are 18,927 in all. Like a taxonomic version of Noah’s Ark, the code provides a common language to bridge disparate markets and identify products in all their variety.

In a world of increasing tariffs, the code has another function: evading those levies. The business of code-fudging is expanding in step with tariff increases, undermining U.S. efforts to shield American business from foreign competition, according to importers, customs officials, trade attorneys and shipping brokers.

As trade conflict grows between the two largest economies, these professionals say, code misclassification is starting to compete with transshipment—the rerouting of goods through third countries—as a way to duck tariffs."""

Forget that, rerouting cost money, just bribe a few Americans hey Waiting $1,097,843,478 of Chinese goods were imported through the port of New Orleans , you missed an opportunity.

Major Stock Indexes
LAST CHANGE % CHG

We are already in a trade war with China.

It was long overdue. Ever since Clinton (the Slick Willy one).
Yeah, I think of China every time I pour coffee from the Chinese-made carafe that came with Mr. Coffee, and it spills everywhere. Chinese retribution: death by a thousand cuts...

Major Stock Indexes
LAST CHANGE % CHG

As stated by Alibaba executive vice-chairman Joe Tsai, Wednesday at the South China Morning Post’s China Conference in Kuala Lumpur.

That's correct.
Who would know better than the CEO of Alibaba, a Chinese conglomerate so huge it makes Amazon look like Toys R Us.

5 out of 10 of the largest point drops in Dow history have been on Trump's watch.

Point-wise or percentage-wise?

I think you're a dishonest dimocrap dirtbag.

Oh, you like percentages, do ya?

Okay!

The Dow is 29 percent higher than it was on Trump's inauguration day.

At this point in Obama's presidency, the Dow was up 38 percent from the day of his inauguration.

And that's despite the Dow diving for some time after he took office due to the crash.

I never once saw a single pseueodocon start a topic praising Obama's performance of the Dow.

Not. Once.

Interesting, eh?

Rates are going up to cool off the booming economy. Some money will shift to interest bearing investments and the like, less business borrowing. This is standard.

Nice try.

Ignorant, dishonest fuckface. We've been all through this.

The DJIA is based on FUTURE returns. People buy and sell based on what they think will happen in the future.

On Nov 4th, 2016 the Dow closed at 17888.

That was a Friday, if I'm calculating correctly. Over the weekend, Polls started to show that douchebags like Nate Silver, etc, were WAY off base on their guesswork but nobody was willing to believe it quite yet. At least, most weren't.

After Trump was elected, people started having hope for the future so they bought into America.

Which is why you don't like the Markets. You HATE America.

You are a dishonest scumbag.

I recommend you stay out of the Markets. OTOH, dive right in. You deserve to die penniless in the gutter

Nice try.

Ignorant, dishonest fuckface. We've been all through this.

The DJIA is based on FUTURE returns. People buy and sell based on what they think will happen in the future.

On Nov 4th, 2016 the Dow closed at 17888.

That was a Friday, if I'm calculating correctly. Over the weekend, Polls started to show that douchebags like Nate Silver, etc, were WAY off base on their guesswork but nobody was willing to believe it quite yet. At least, most weren't.

After Trump was elected, people started having hope for the future so they bought into America.

Which is why you don't like the Markets. You HATE America.

You are a dishonest scumbag.

I recommend you stay out of the Markets. OTOH, dive right in. You deserve to die penniless in the gutter
TRIGGERED! :lol:

See post 37, dipshit.

Forum List

Back