Dr. Ben Carson: Govt educated; Govt trained; Never ran a business

Couldnt help but wonder about this, so I looked it up.

Dr. Ben Carson got his medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School, a public government funded school.

Dr. Ben Carson got is undergrad from Yale, an elite, liberal Ivy League school.

Dr. Ben Carson got his high school education from Southwestern High, a public school in the Detroit Public School system, yep, a government run public school in Democrat run Detroit.

His profession life?

Almost all of it is from his work at John Hopkins University, a non-profit hospital. Thats right. A NON PROFIT hospital.

So....

He was raised in the public schools of Detroit
Went to undergrad at a liberal Ivy League school
Got his medical degree from a government school at U of M
Got his professional experience from a non-profit

Has he ever run a for-profit business? Has he ever run a government at any level?

He is a great man, a great surgeon. And as unqualified as Barack Obama was/is to be president, I cant help but ask....what makes this guy any different?

Didn't stop you from voting for Obama.

Why should it stop conservatives from voting for Carson?

Double standard?

Dr. Carson has saved lives.

Barack Obama has ruined lives.

Both true.

But should simply saving a life be enough to be president? There are firemen who have saved lives, but would be horribly unqualified to be US president. There are Army privates who have saved lives. President? Not yet.

So.....Ben Carson is a great man who has lived a great live.

He went to public Detroit high schools. He went to a liberal Ivy League college. He went to a government run medical school at U of Michigan Medical. He has made his entire career working at non-profit John Hopkins U, which btw has a long history of liberal ideals with philanthropy and civil rights.

He has never run a for-profit business, or ran a government of any size.

By any Republican's judgement, this man's life story would lead them to assume he'd be unqualified to be president of the US.

But because of 1 pretty speech in which he criticized taxes........he's now the GOP savior?

I feel bad for Ben Carson. He isnt at fault for this. The GOP is at fault for trying to dump the entire party's hopes on this one man.

So what? If someone goes to "public schools" they can't be anything but a rabid liberal?

I've worked for the military for most of my life, does that mean I can only be for bigger government control of everything? No, quite the contrary, I've seen how wasteful and idiotic 'government' is. For example if we were run more like a real business, we wouldn't have all the bullshit and be able to fire useless people. Unfortunately our Federal government doesn't work like that, instead when you have an office half full of useless people that can't do their jobs, so you just ask for more people in order to do the necessary work.

Honey, if you think private businesses aren't flush with wastefulness and useless workers who can't do their jobs you haven't gotten out enough.

Dr. Ben Carson got his medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School, a public government funded school.

Dr. Ben Carson got his high school education from Southwestern High, a public school in the Detroit Public School system, yep, a government run public school in Democrat run Detroit.

His profession life?

Almost all of it is from his work at John Hopkins University, a non-profit hospital. Thats right. A NON PROFIT hospital.

So....

Has he ever run a for-profit business? Has he ever run a government at any level?

He is a great man, a great surgeon. And as unqualified as Barack Obama was/is to be president, I cant help but ask....what makes this guy any different?
As a candidate, he would be eaten alive by the opposition. He certain might make a good Surgeon General with his credentials; maybe that's really his goal.

Why? Are there not other doctors in Congress?

Many are urging him to run for the U>S> Senate from Wisconsin. He appears to be far more capable than the joke Al Franken!

Both true.

But should simply saving a life be enough to be president? There are firemen who have saved lives, but would be horribly unqualified to be US president. There are Army privates who have saved lives. President? Not yet.

So.....Ben Carson is a great man who has lived a great live.

He went to public Detroit high schools. He went to a liberal Ivy League college. He went to a government run medical school at U of Michigan Medical. He has made his entire career working at non-profit John Hopkins U, which btw has a long history of liberal ideals with philanthropy and civil rights.

He has never run a for-profit business, or ran a government of any size.

By any Republican's judgement, this man's life story would lead them to assume he'd be unqualified to be president of the US.

But because of 1 pretty speech in which he criticized taxes........he's now the GOP savior?

I feel bad for Ben Carson. He isnt at fault for this. The GOP is at fault for trying to dump the entire party's hopes on this one man.

So what? If someone goes to "public schools" they can't be anything but a rabid liberal?

I've worked for the military for most of my life, does that mean I can only be for bigger government control of everything? No, quite the contrary, I've seen how wasteful and idiotic 'government' is. For example if we were run more like a real business, we wouldn't have all the bullshit and be able to fire useless people. Unfortunately our Federal government doesn't work like that, instead when you have an office half full of useless people that can't do their jobs, so you just ask for more people in order to do the necessary work.

Honey, if you think private businesses aren't flush with wastefulness and useless workers who can't do their jobs you haven't gotten out enough.

Of course any place will have some wastefulness and useless workers. Difference is its much easier to fire such people in private business. Its nearly impossible to fire people in the Federal government.

I'd really have to see a list of where he stands on many different issues. I like his stance on HC, but on gay marriage he's an ignorant hate filled bigot who believes in the use of the Federal Government to illegally oppress people through the use of his religion.

Couldnt help but wonder about this, so I looked it up. Dr. Ben Carson got his medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School, a public government funded school.
Dr. Ben Carson got his high school education from Southwestern High, a public school in the Detroit Public School system, yep, a government run public school in Democrat run Detroit.His profession life?Almost all of it is from his work at John Hopkins University, a non-profit hospital. Thats right. A NON PROFIT hospital.So....He was raised in the public schools of Detroit
Got his professional experience from a non-profitHas he ever run a for-profit business? Has he ever run a government at any level?He is a great man, a great surgeon. And as unqualified as Barack Obama was/is to be president, I cant help but ask....what makes this guy any different?

This is what makes him better able to be president than Obama.

"if I were part of one (political party) it would be called the "Logic Party" and it would be dedicated to commonsense approaches we all should be able to see."

"recognizing that our debt is so great we have got to stop digging the whole and spend less."

Two vague ideas that proscribe no solution as to how they will be reached is all it takes to win your loyalty?

Vague you say,,LOL our debt is hardly that,but what the heck lets just continue to sweep it under the rug .

So you demand a 10 page detailed plan on a message board?? your casual dismissing of the fact that we have a HUGE debt problem show a great deal of ignorance.

His profession life?

So....

Do you have Syphilis? It seems like your mind is just slowly rotting away.

"if I were part of one (political party) it would be called the "Logic Party" and it would be dedicated to commonsense approaches we all should be able to see."

"recognizing that our debt is so great we have got to stop digging the whole and spend less."

Two vague ideas that proscribe no solution as to how they will be reached is all it takes to win your loyalty?

Vague you say,,LOL our debt is hardly that,but what the heck lets just continue to sweep it under the rug .

So you demand a 10 page detailed plan on a message board?? your casual dismissing of the fact that we have a HUGE debt problem show a great deal of ignorance.

I never said that this country's debt was vague, and you'd have to be at least mildly retarded to think that I did (which may, in fact, explain a lot). Nor did I say that it should be swept under the rug. But if you're easily swayed by pretty words that anyone with half a brain could put together espousing the vague notion of commonsense solutions and the fact that we are in debt, by all means, be impressed. Perhaps I'm just a silly dreamer, with my need for actual ideas and the like.

His profession life?

So....

And still smarter then the average libtard.

Couldnt help but wonder about this, so I looked it up. Dr. Ben Carson got his medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School, a public government funded school.
Dr. Ben Carson got his high school education from Southwestern High, a public school in the Detroit Public School system, yep, a government run public school in Democrat run Detroit.His profession life?Almost all of it is from his work at John Hopkins University, a non-profit hospital. Thats right. A NON PROFIT hospital.So....He was raised in the public schools of Detroit
Got his professional experience from a non-profitHas he ever run a for-profit business? Has he ever run a government at any level?He is a great man, a great surgeon. And as unqualified as Barack Obama was/is to be president, I cant help but ask....what makes this guy any different?

There is nothing "logical" about common sense!

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
- Albert Einstein

Forum List

Back