Dr Carson: House Negro or just a man that thinks for himself who happens to be black?

That's why I said "Here's a pattern I see from some conservatives". Here's an article containing a quote from limbaugh:
“A lot of people think Todd Akin is being mistreated, and a lot of people have decided they want to stand by him and that everybody else should, too,”

Read more: Rush Limbaugh: I could have made Todd Akin quit - POLITICO.com

There's more to the article.
Thank you Pheonixops, for posting more evidence showing that not EVEY GOPer condemned the Akin statements.

Gramps...are you seeing this?
The GOP did more than not really condemn Akin, they endorsed him and gave him money!!!

GOP Big Shots and Money Trickling Back to Akin -- Daily Intelligencer

In a joint statement released today, onetime Romney rival Rick Santorum and the tea-party king (a.k.a. South Caroline Senator Jim DeMint) warned that if "Republicans are to win back the Senate and stop President Obama's liberal agenda, we must defeat Senator Claire McCaskill in Missouri." The two men even pledged to send some much-needed funding Akin's way, provided by their respective campaign groups, Patriot Voices PAC and the Senate Conservatives Fund. Earlier this week, former House speaker Newt Gingrich appeared with Akin at a fund-raiser, calling on Republicans to stop being sissies and embrace the ultra-conservative, speaks-his-mind Senate candidate from Missouri.

Even McCaskill's Capitol Hill colleague Senator Roy Blunt, who had earlier called for Akin's withdrawal, gave him a grudging endorsement. Though the two men may not "agree on everything," he said in a statement, "he and I agree the Senate majority must change. I’ll be working for the Republican ticket in Missouri, and that includes Todd Akin."

Update: The NRSC may be reconsidering its boycott of the Missouri race. In a statement to Talking Points Memo, NRSC executive director Rob Jesmer hedges that:
There is no question that for Missourians who believe we need to stop the reckless Washington spending, rein-in the role of government in people’s lives, and finally focus on growing jobs in this country that Todd Akin is a far more preferable candidate than liberal Senator Claire McCaskill. As with every Republican Senate candidate, we hope Todd Akin wins in November and we will continue to monitor this race closely in the days ahead.

Akin made a mistake. It was a terrible example of open mouth, insert foot.
When the democratic leaders say far worse, even to the point of "dissing" the Constitution, you have nothing to say. What is sad is that you will not even acknowledge how hypocritical you are.

you have no idea only you jaded BS. GWB had the most diverse of cabinets yet the left just keeps on spreading racial division. Sad really sad.

Really? Is that why the overwhelming majority of minority groups voted for President Obama in this last election? :)

Guess that progressive agenda is working in the public schools, lower the standards, and teach the children to "parrot" the teachers' views, not to think or figure things out for themselves....
As opposed to Texas schools who teach that the earth is 6,000 years old. :razz:

So the name calling that was sexist and racist was about "stupidity", sorry, the majority of the names were not "stupid", it appears you are mistaken.

What sexist and racist name calling? Examples.

The democrat national convention that had people wearing t-shirts calling Palin a c***. The political cartoons showing Condeleesa Rice as a monkey, and another where she was portrayed as Aunt Jemimah. There were many others. I guess you do not watch the news.....

Democratic

Got the links? Were any of the keynotes or invited speakers wearing such shirts or saying such things? Who published the cartoons? We're they on the DNC website?

How about giving us something that attributes this hatred to a particular person? Anything?

Hey Freewill,

Too bad all the black voters are so stupid that they can't grasp the historical facts. If they knew what was good for them, they would most certainly vote Republican.

I never said they were stupid, obviously duped but not stupid.

The democrat national convention that had people wearing t-shirts calling Palin a c***. The political cartoons showing Condeleesa Rice as a monkey, and another where she was portrayed as Aunt Jemimah. There were many others. I guess you do not watch the news.....

Democratic

Got the links? Were any of the keynotes or invited speakers wearing such shirts or saying such things? Who published the cartoons? We're they on the DNC website?

How about giving us something that attributes this hatred to a particular person? Anything?

Sorry to interupt with facts but here is your request:

http://cache.trustedpartner.com/docs/library/NationalBlackRepublicanAssociation2009/Democrat%20Racism%20Against%20Black%20Republicans3.pdf

Hey Freewill,

Too bad all the black voters are so stupid that they can't grasp the historical facts. If they knew what was good for them, they would most certainly vote Republican.

Hmmmm. Are they dupes? Or are they just duped when it comes to learning history and voting?

It sure seems like you are saying that they are stupid.

I think he is just the GOP flavor of the month. He is a good man. But a good candidate for president? How deeply has he been vetted?

He's a black guy who gives a great speech, is a good man, and has hardly been vetted. Sound familiar?

Im not concerned with who is or isn't going to run this early. I am however very eager to understand why these types of attacks are ok for the left.

I don't see him becoming POTUS; rather a voice in another capacity, who would make a difference in the way some people think. I like that he is a black successful man, as he would be a fine role model for many blacks who hate whites.

I know that may be a stretch. :eusa_whistle:

I think he is just the GOP flavor of the month. He is a good man. But a good candidate for president? How deeply has he been vetted?

He's a black guy who gives a great speech, is a good man, and has hardly been vetted. Sound familiar?

Im not concerned with who is or isn't going to run this early. I am however very eager to understand why these types of attacks are ok for the left.

I don't see him becoming POTUS; rather a voice in another capacity, who would make a difference in the way some people think. I like that he is a black successful man, as he would be a fine role model for many blacks who hate whites.

I know that may be a stretch. :eusa_whistle:

Nah.....that's not a stretch. It is complete pablum. Not stretchy.

Here is an article that explains the myth of Republican Racism.

This from the article explains exactly the position we see from the democrats today:

In effect, these critics want to have it both ways: they acknowledge that these views could in principle be non-racist (otherwise they wouldn't be a "code" for racism) but suggest they never are in practice (and so can be reliably treated as proxies for racism). The result is that their claims are non-falsifiable because they are tautological: these views are deemed racist because they are defined as racist. This amounts to saying that opposition to the policies favored by today's civil rights establishment is a valid indicator of racism. One suspects these theorists would, quite correctly, insist that people can disagree with the Israeli government without being in any way anti-Semitic. But they do not extend the same distinction to this issue. This is partisanship posturing as social science.

The Claremont Institute - The Myth of the Racist Republicans

Hey Freewill,

Hmmmm. Are they dupes? Or are they just duped when it comes to learning history and voting?

It only seems that way because you want it that way. So typical liberal.

Look at the black "leaders" Jackson, Sharpton, Farrakhan, etc and what they have been telling the black community for years. Then listen to things that the white left says, like Biden's obvious racist remark incorrectly directed at the Republican party, "they'll put y'all back in chains." WTF it was his party that put them in chains in the first place.

Maybe duped isn't the right word but there certainly is something strange going on. Duped doesn't mean stupid, it means fooled and very many intelligent people have been fooled in the past. If all that the black community hears is democrat lies and distortion of the truth then what the hell do you think they are going to believe??? I don't say they are stupid, I say they been lied to, duped.

Democratic

"THEY'LL PUT Y'ALL BACK IN CHAINS!!!"

Good enough?

Biden's comments were coved here at length. He ws not being racist and his comments were not even controversl when taken in full context. Try again.

Look at the black "leaders" Jackson, Sharpton, Farrakhan, etc and what they have been telling the black community for years. Then listen to things that the white left says, like Biden's obvious racist remark incorrectly directed at the Republican party, "they'll put y'all back in chains." WTF it was his party that put them in chains in the first place.

Maybe duped isn't the right word but there certainly is something strange going on. Duped doesn't mean stupid, it means fooled and very many intelligent people have been fooled in the past. If all that the black community hears is democrat lies and distortion of the truth then what the hell do you think they are going to believe??? I don't say they are stupid, I say they been lied to, duped.

You are saying that black voters in America have been lied to for several decades and, while intelligent, are unable to learn that they have been lied to for so long. Is that it?

Please stop. You are making a fool of yourself.

Last edited:
Biden's comments were coved here at length. He ws not being racist and his comments were not even controversl when taken in full context. Try again.

Oh yes I am quite sure y'all explained it away. Funny that Biden didn't say they would put US all back in chains, no he was specific when speaking to blacks which his party actually DID put them in chains. But I am not going to argue with you because you will never see the latent racism because you can't. It would be like trying to explain the color red to Helen Keller.

You are saying that black voters in America have been lied to for several decades and, while intelligent, are unable to learn that they have been lied to for so long. Is that it?

There is no other answer. They are continuously fed lies that has not changed. I am not sure why you think their thoughts would change since what they are being told has not. If the unemployment rate for blacks does not convince them that the democrat party is not their friend then I am not sure what will. I don't say that as a put down because I really do not understand the allegiance to a party that killed their grandparents. Really don't.

There is no other answer. They are continuously fed lies that has not changed. I am not sure why you think their thoughts would change since what they are being told has not. If the unemployment rate for blacks does not convince them that the democrat party is not their friend then I am not sure what will. I don't say that as a put down because I really do not understand the allegiance to a party that killed their grandparents. Really don't.

Democratic Party

How does the unemployment rate indict the Democratic Party? You are not making sense.

What makes you think black Americans sit passively while "being told" lies? Don't you think that black voters are capable of researching and vetting candidates? Are they capable of understanding the issues well enough to make informed voting decisions?

How is it that you have discovered the "truth" but they have not?

You do realize that the majority of Baggers will never vote to nominate a black man as the GOP candidate?

you have no idea only you jaded BS. GWB had the most diverse of cabinets yet the left just keeps on spreading racial division. Sad really sad.

GWB was also a recovering alcoholic that made some disastrous decisions that we will be paying for, for generations, This has nothing to do with W. The Tea Baggers have a significant number who have shown their racist tendencies. They would stay a home, rather than vote for a black man.

Forum List

Back