Dr Carson: House Negro or just a man that thinks for himself who happens to be black?

Oh really, tell that to my white conservative father and mother in law who absolutely love me and I absolutely love them. They respect me, we have fun debates all of the time when I visit. I know plenty of conservative white people who respect black people. They are in the minority on this forum and talk radio venues as well as in the real world.

Where have I EVER said or insinuated that "the Blacks" belong to democrats, that's the "conservative" mantra. Remember the "democrat plantation" crap a lot of conservatives spew? Here's a newsflash for you; I am not a democrat, I vote for the INDIVIDUAL candidate that I like regardless of party affiliation. Do a search here and type in "gary johnson", "ron paul" "liberal libertarian", etc.

Look at the thread in "race relations" where I debunked the popular conservative mantra regarding Black people who don't vote democrat and their alleged "bad treatment" they receive from "the Blacks". I proved that very fact right here on this forum. No Black person who is a democrat has maligned me or insulted me because I think outside of the box and state that I will vote for other candidates. I'll find the thread for you if you like. :lol:

Thanks for sharing that video, I hadn't seen that. I like the show, but I don't watch it. (can't watch EVEYTHING)

I've been reading Toure from my teenage years as he was the Editor of Vibe Magazine. The guy's a brilliant writer and I'm so glad to see how far he's taken his career.

With that said, what was the attack? If there was any attack it was against the GOP for their tokenism, this time in Dr. Ben Carson. There were absolutely no name-calling, no slurs, no epithaphs, no insults. Yet, that's what your OP suggested. Toure's statement actually had a lot facts.

I don't get it Gramps, I thought you were better than that.

If this is what the GOP has to reduce to in order to claim "liberal attacks" your party is truly in a lot of trouble for the forseeable future.

Carry on.

So you don't consider calling Dr Carson the GOP's house nigga a fucking insult to Dr Carson?

I find that highly insulting to both him and me.

I never called him that, do a few people represent the majority? If so, do a few modern day conservative KKK members represent the majority of White conservatives? I'm some asshole will retort with Robert Byrd, but that's a lame retort. :)

That's why I said "Here's a pattern I see from some conservatives". Here's an article containing a quote from limbaugh:
“A lot of people think Todd Akin is being mistreated, and a lot of people have decided they want to stand by him and that everybody else should, too,”

Read more: Rush Limbaugh: I could have made Todd Akin quit - POLITICO.com

There's more to the article.
Thank you Pheonixops, for posting more evidence showing that not EVEY GOPer condemned the Akin statements.

Gramps...are you seeing this?

Interesting video....I'm curious to know what was your point in that video.

Couple things that stick out is how Glen Beck, and others of his ilk, like to PRETEND there's no difference in black and white people. Taking, what I perceive as faux-issues with the term "African American" by calling it hyphenated Americans, when that has been going on ffrom the beginning of this country, Italian Americans, Irish Americans, Native Americans, etc.

I loved how the brother pointed out his ludicrisy by his question of "What color are we to the police?" Powerful statement.

What were you trying to say by posting this video Gramps? I'm not sure I get it.

Excellent points!

That's why I said "Here's a pattern I see from some conservatives". Here's an article containing a quote from limbaugh:
“A lot of people think Todd Akin is being mistreated, and a lot of people have decided they want to stand by him and that everybody else should, too,”

Thank you Pheonixops, for posting more evidence showing that not EVEY GOPer condemned the Akin statements.

Seeing what? What pie in the sky nonsense are you trying to convince me of now? You don't consider the insults hurled at the gop or carson to be inappropriate so this discussion is over.

Good bye

Seeing what? What pie in the sky nonsense are you trying to convince me of now? You don't consider the insults hurled at the gop or carson to be inappropriate so this discussion is over.

Good bye
LOL...ok Gramps, you have a good evening.

Despite your kookiness from time to time, you're still alright by me.

:cool:

I don't want no stinking reparations. There is not enough gold in Fort Knox, to satisfy the debt owed, which would amount to "blood money", insulting and demeaning to the memory of my ancestors who had to endure the indignities. But don't for one minute imagine that you don't owe it. To everyone you mistreated.
And stop already with the "black slave owners", which probably amounted to 0.00001 % of slave ownership. Still doesn't excuse white participation and exploitation and injustices. Ever.

My ancestors did not own any African slaves on this continent. I have no idea about the ancestors before they came to this land. I suspect some were slaves or servants, others may have owned some.

I do have a question for you, though. Are you holding your African brethren responsible for capturing/kidnapping fellow Africans and selling them to the ME slave traders, that sold them to the "whites"? Are you telling the conquering, warrior tribes of Africa that they owe you "reparations", or even believe that they were guilty in the slave trade? After all, if they had not supplied a steady selection of blacks to the ME (Arab) slave traders, it is unlikely there would have been the number of slaves exported. It is unlikely that black lives would have been so undervalued, that the blacks could have received that terrible treatment and abuse. Also, are you holding the muslim/Arabs responsible for their part in the slave trade? Just why is it that you want to focus on the only group of people that worked to keep the slaves alive? Granted, it was for their own selfish reasons, but still the blacks that took the slaves, the Arabs that sold the slaves treated them worse, and were more likely to kill the slaves as a matter of convenience.

Oh, more questions. If slavery offends you so, why aren't you speaking out against the Africans that are still owning, and being taken as slaves? Why don't you speak out about the other races being taken as sex slaves or slaves for domestic servitude in many ME countries and in Asian countries?

Just want to see how deep or shallow your "convictions" flow.

No. I don't hold Africans accountable for selling their brethren because I don't believe it was a widespread practice, nor do I believe that "slaves" were treated as less than human. Whites didn't have to buy, if they had been a modicum of morals or were, remotely "self-professed" Christians. And everyone knows that many white slavers "stole", not bought, many of their bounty, as depicted in the television epic, "Roots".
"And if slavery offends you so"????????????? Who, today, in their right mind, isn't offended by slavery? Obviously, "you".
My convictions, whatever they are, are hardly "shallow", and not necessary to defend before the likes of you. I mean, who the fuck are you anyways?

Thank you for letting us all know that you are extremely shallow in your convictions against slavery (it is only a bad thing, when it is done to someone close to you). Thank you for letting us know how racist you are... you do not hold the black kidnappers/raiders responsible for marching the slaves out of African jungles/you do not hold the "middle men" (the Arabs) responsible for buying the African natives, marching them to markets and selling them, you only hold the "end user" responsible.

So tell me, are you blaming the "black youth" for using drugs, or in that case, are you blaming everyone else that is in the chain to get the drug onto the street?

You do realize that the majority of Baggers will never vote to nominate a black man as the GOP candidate?

I wouldn't brag about being ACCLAIMED by Sheila Jackson-Lee. She's nearly as stupid as Maxine Waters.

Just sayin'.

Typical right wing propaganda. How are you different from Fox Noise? Rep. Shelia Jackson-Lee represents the 18th Congressional District in Texas...the very same seat that Barbara Jordan held, and she represents it well. Both she and Maxine Waters inspire your hate and disgust, simply because they are thorns in the sides of Republicans, whom they go to blows with. And are, obviously, effective. I wouldn't put any weight behind any of your petty judgments of black Democratic Congressional leaders. Sorry.

No, they are thorns in the side of all Americans because they do not support the Constitution, and promote laws in direct conflict with the Constitution.

Just the other day Poet was whining about oppression right AFTER bragging about his education and personal success and wealth.

Dudes a fraud of Jacksons ilk

First of all, I don't whine. And of course I rail against the on-going persecution of "all things black". I, obviously, overcame the obstacles that were before me. Am I to ignore or discount that they were before me....when whites have it so very easy, and yet, still, some of them can't transcend their lots, even though, they have clear advantages, due to their skin color. That, in my estimation, is pathetic and deplorable.

Explain, oh, intelligent one, just how do whites have such a "clear" advantage due to their "skin color"?

Most whites are not born into "wealthy families". Most whites have to pay for others' college before they can contribute to their own children's college. Most whites do not have a little box they can check that makes gov't checks available to them. So please tell us how we have it, sooo good.

You do realize that the majority of Baggers will never vote to nominate a black man as the GOP candidate?

you have no idea only you jaded BS. GWB had the most diverse of cabinets yet the left just keeps on spreading racial division. Sad really sad.

I do not believe that his mother was unable to read the book reports that he and his brother wrote.

I also do not believe that you were able to pass 9th grade English.......given your inability to communicate your thoughts.

Let me get this straight. I state that I really like Ben Carson's mother because she was intelligent enough to force her boys to learn, and encourage them to become great men, and you take offense because I paraphrased what Ben Carson, himself said about his mother?

Now you want to insult me? Why?

Because the poster is a racist liberal! :eusa_whistle:

Are you saying that is your nature to attack? Are you saying it is your nature not to consider "facts"?

My ancestors did not own any African slaves on this continent. I have no idea about the ancestors before they came to this land. I suspect some were slaves or servants, others may have owned some.

I do have a question for you, though. Are you holding your African brethren responsible for capturing/kidnapping fellow Africans and selling them to the ME slave traders, that sold them to the "whites"? Are you telling the conquering, warrior tribes of Africa that they owe you "reparations", or even believe that they were guilty in the slave trade? After all, if they had not supplied a steady selection of blacks to the ME (Arab) slave traders, it is unlikely there would have been the number of slaves exported. It is unlikely that black lives would have been so undervalued, that the blacks could have received that terrible treatment and abuse. Also, are you holding the muslim/Arabs responsible for their part in the slave trade? Just why is it that you want to focus on the only group of people that worked to keep the slaves alive? Granted, it was for their own selfish reasons, but still the blacks that took the slaves, the Arabs that sold the slaves treated them worse, and were more likely to kill the slaves as a matter of convenience.

Oh, more questions. If slavery offends you so, why aren't you speaking out against the Africans that are still owning, and being taken as slaves? Why don't you speak out about the other races being taken as sex slaves or slaves for domestic servitude in many ME countries and in Asian countries?

Just want to see how deep or shallow your "convictions" flow.

No. I don't hold Africans accountable for selling their brethren because I don't believe it was a widespread practice, nor do I believe that "slaves" were treated as less than human. Whites didn't have to buy, if they had been a modicum of morals or were, remotely "self-professed" Christians. And everyone knows that many white slavers "stole", not bought, many of their bounty, as depicted in the television epic, "Roots".
"And if slavery offends you so"????????????? Who, today, in their right mind, isn't offended by slavery? Obviously, "you".
My convictions, whatever they are, are hardly "shallow", and not necessary to defend before the likes of you. I mean, who the fuck are you anyways?

Thank you for letting us all know that you are extremely shallow in your convictions against slavery (it is only a bad thing, when it is done to someone close to you). Thank you for letting us know how racist you are... you do not hold the black kidnappers/raiders responsible for marching the slaves out of African jungles/you do not hold the "middle men" (the Arabs) responsible for buying the African natives, marching them to markets and selling them, you only hold the "end user" responsible.

So tell me, are you blaming the "black youth" for using drugs, or in that case, are you blaming everyone else that is in the chain to get the drug onto the street?

Any person who belongs to the Democrat party obviously doesn't give a crap about slavery, Jim Crow, Poll taxes the KKK or segregation. If they did they wouldn't belong to the party of all that. Mabye not be a Republican but certainly not a democrat.

I was repeating what Ben Carson said. She did not finish elementary school. I would think as their reading progressed, they out paced her. I admire her because even though her boys were better schooled, she out smarted them! BTW, his brother is a rocket scientist!

I do not believe that his mother was unable to read the book reports that he and his brother wrote.

I also do not believe that you were able to pass 9th grade English.......given your inability to communicate your thoughts.
I read his book Gifted Hands as a child, and met him almost 2 decades ago, it's true, his mother couldn't read...

Ben Carson, and the Mother Behind the Man

From his interview, she sounded awesome!

No it isn't. Got any more evidence than Gramps?

Nobody is attacking Dr. Carson. Are they?
Did I say anyone was? But give them time let's look at the history Clarence Thomas, Condoleezza Rice, Mia Love, Nikki Haley, Herman Cain, Sarah Palin, Alberto Gonzales, Michelle Bachmann, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz all have been savaged to a degree none of them would have been if they had a D next to their name instead of a R.

That is bullshit. They were opposed.......but not due to their race or gender. They were called out for STUPIDITY.

So the name calling that was sexist and racist was about "stupidity", sorry, the majority of the names were not "stupid", it appears you are mistaken.

Did I say anyone was? But give them time let's look at the history Clarence Thomas, Condoleezza Rice, Mia Love, Nikki Haley, Herman Cain, Sarah Palin, Alberto Gonzales, Michelle Bachmann, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz all have been savaged to a degree none of them would have been if they had a D next to their name instead of a R.

That is bullshit. They were opposed.......but not due to their race or gender. They were called out for STUPIDITY.

So the name calling that was sexist and racist was about "stupidity", sorry, the majority of the names were not "stupid", it appears you are mistaken.

What sexist and racist name calling? Examples.

you have no idea only you jaded BS. GWB had the most diverse of cabinets yet the left just keeps on spreading racial division. Sad really sad.

Really? Is that why the overwhelming majority of minority groups voted for President Obama in this last election? :)

Forum List

Back