Dr Carson: House Negro or just a man that thinks for himself who happens to be black?

Not only do you not pay attention to the news, but using a search engine is beyond your capabilities.

I guess you follow her a lot more than I do. I'm sure some ignorant folks "lmao" when people wanted to fly the American flag on the moon too. :)

Except that she thinks the flag is ALREADY there. And planted by a human to boot.

LOL, I'll take your word for it. It would be great if you could post a link to her saying that.

Prior to the 110th Congress, Lee served on the*House Science Committee and on the Subcommittee that oversees space policy. During a 2005 visit to the*Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California, Lee*asked*a guide whether the*Mars Pathfinder*had taken a photograph of the flag planted on Mars by Neil Armstrong in 1969. (Armstrong's 1969 mission, of course, was to the Moon, not Mars.)

Sheila Jackson Lee - Discover the Networks

Quelle surprise. A-15 is one of those people who can't tell right from left.

No it isn't. Got any more evidence than Gramps?

Nobody is attacking Dr. Carson. Are they?
Did I say anyone was? But give them time let's look at the history Clarence Thomas, Condoleezza Rice, Mia Love, Nikki Haley, Herman Cain, Sarah Palin, Alberto Gonzales, Michelle Bachmann, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz all have been savaged to a degree none of them would have been if they had a D next to their name instead of a R.

That is bullshit. They were opposed.......but not due to their race or gender. They were called out for STUPIDITY.
What is bull shit is your response and a classic example of liberal arrogance towards blacks, Hispanics, and Women if they don't have the liberal viewpoint anyone of the people listed is far more intelligent and accomplished than say Sandra Fluke who the left holds in such high esteem and for nothing other than having the liberal mindset.

I've excused nothing.

You see, you claim that the left only gives back what it receives.

I have watched a lot of the Carson interviews and discussions. Not once has he started out or even directly attacked a leftist with name calling.

Yet, in interview after interview, the left call him names and attack him without provocation. The videos of ((SOME)) of this has been posted here in this thread.

I really didn't think you would be able to live up to your claim. I don't think you even realize you do it; it has been so ingrained into you.

I just wanted to see if you were honest enough to realize that your statement on its face was wrong. I have My answer.

Have a nice day.
Can you post at least ONE YouTube of "the left" attacking and insulting Dr. Ben Carson? I haven't seen this up-to-date, and I pay attention to stuff like this.

Well, If the Right can call Obama the Magic Negro, why would it be wrong to give Carson a title???

He's De Black Magician

Harold Alexander -- De Black Magician - YouTube

That title: Obama the Magic Negro came from the black community leader Al Sharpton. Some conservatives did pick it up and use it, as comedy relief....

That's a right wing talking point like that some how excuses their racism.
It's not even that, it's an outright lie and it doesn't excuse their racism one bit, it confirms it.

I've excused nothing.

I have watched a lot of the Carson interviews and discussions. Not once has he started out or even directly attacked a leftist with name calling.

Yet, in interview after interview, the left call him names and attack him without provocation. The videos of ((SOME)) of this has been posted here in this thread.

I really didn't think you would be able to live up to your claim. I don't think you even realize you do it; it has been so ingrained into you.

I just wanted to see if you were honest enough to realize that your statement on its face was wrong. I have My answer.

Have a nice day.
Can you post at least ONE YouTube of "the left" attacking and insulting Dr. Ben Carson? I haven't seen this up-to-date, and I pay attention to stuff like this.

That title: Obama the Magic Negro came from the black community leader Al Sharpton. Some conservatives did pick it up and use it, as comedy relief....

It's not even that, it's an outright lie and it doesn't excuse their racism one bit, it confirms it.

Here's a pattern I see from some conservatives; they take the comments of a few people and characterize it as "the left" attacking Dr. Carson. Is it an "attack" if I disagree with Dr. Carson stating that Black democrats are on a plantation?

Oh, you're a racist. You are racist against white people in that you don't think conservative white can respect a black man. You are racist against blacks because you think they belong to the Democrats.

Oh really, tell that to my white conservative father and mother in law who absolutely love me and I absolutely love them. They respect me, we have fun debates all of the time when I visit. I know plenty of conservative white people who respect black people. They are in the minority on this forum and talk radio venues as well as in the real world.

Where have I EVER said or insinuated that "the Blacks" belong to democrats, that's the "conservative" mantra. Remember the "democrat plantation" crap a lot of conservatives spew? Here's a newsflash for you; I am not a democrat, I vote for the INDIVIDUAL candidate that I like regardless of party affiliation. Do a search here and type in "gary johnson", "ron paul" "liberal libertarian", etc.

Look at the thread in "race relations" where I debunked the popular conservative mantra regarding Black people who don't vote democrat and their alleged "bad treatment" they receive from "the Blacks". I proved that very fact right here on this forum. No Black person who is a democrat has maligned me or insulted me because I think outside of the box and state that I will vote for other candidates. I'll find the thread for you if you like. :lol:

Thanks for sharing that video, I hadn't seen that. I like the show, but I don't watch it. (can't watch EVEYTHING)

I've been reading Toure from my teenage years as he was the Editor of Vibe Magazine. The guy's a brilliant writer and I'm so glad to see how far he's taken his career.

With that said, what was the attack? If there was any attack it was against the GOP for their tokenism, this time in Dr. Ben Carson. There were absolutely no name-calling, no slurs, no epithaphs, no insults. Yet, that's what your OP suggested. Toure's statement actually had a lot facts.

I don't get it Gramps, I thought you were better than that.

If this is what the GOP has to reduce to in order to claim "liberal attacks" your party is truly in a lot of trouble for the forseeable future.

Carry on.

I've excused nothing.

Have a nice day.

Here's a pattern I see from some conservatives; they take the comments of a few people and characterize it as "the left" attacking Dr. Carson. Is it an "attack" if I disagree with Dr. Carson stating that Black democrats are on a plantation?

There is some truth to this but don't even attempt to act as if it's unique to one side.

I remember Akin saying some really dumb shit and EVERY republican I know disavowed his moronic statement. M9st even tried to force him out. But that didn't stop the left from plastering the whole party with his nonsense.

Oh, you're a racist. You are racist against white people in that you don't think conservative white can respect a black man. You are racist against blacks because you think they belong to the Democrats.

Oh really, tell that to my white conservative father and mother in law who absolutely love me and I absolutely love them. They respect me, we have fun debates all of the time when I visit. I know plenty of conservative white people who respect black people. They are in the minority on this forum and talk radio venues as well as in the real world.

Where have I EVER said or insinuated that "the Blacks" belong to democrats, that's the "conservative" mantra. Remember the "democrat plantation" crap a lot of conservatives spew? Here's a newsflash for you; I am not a democrat, I vote for the INDIVIDUAL candidate that I like regardless of party affiliation. Do a search here and type in "gary johnson", "ron paul" "liberal libertarian", etc.

Look at the thread in "race relations" where I debunked the popular conservative mantra regarding Black people who don't vote democrat and their alleged "bad treatment" they receive from "the Blacks". I proved that very fact right here on this forum. No Black person who is a democrat has maligned me or insulted me because I think outside of the box and state that I will vote for other candidates. I'll find the thread for you if you like. :lol:

Thanks for sharing that video, I hadn't seen that. I like the show, but I don't watch it. (can't watch EVEYTHING)

I've been reading Toure from my teenage years as he was the Editor of Vibe Magazine. The guy's a brilliant writer and I'm so glad to see how far he's taken his career.

With that said, what was the attack? If there was any attack it was against the GOP for their tokenism, this time in Dr. Ben Carson. There were absolutely no name-calling, no slurs, no epithaphs, no insults. Yet, that's what your OP suggested. Toure's statement actually had a lot facts.

If this is what the GOP has to reduce to in order to claim "liberal attacks" your party is truly in a lot of trouble for the forseeable future.

Carry on.

So you don't consider calling Dr Carson the GOP's house nigga a fucking insult to Dr Carson?

I find that highly insulting to both him and me.

There is some truth to this but don't even attempt to act as if it's unique to one side.

I remember Akin saying some really dumb shit and EVERY republican I know disavowed his moronic statement. M9st even tried to force him out. But that didn't stop the left from plastering the whole party with his nonsense.
Actually, every Republican DIDN'T disavow his statements. I'll give the GOP props for condememning Akin's statements fairly early on, once they realized that basically ALL of the public wasn't having it, they started tepidly, then a bit more firmly coming out with their condemnation. They even pulled their financing from his campaign, however, once the deadline passed for him to pull out, they immediately stopped the condemnation and returned to financing his campaign. So it really wasn't because they TRULY felt it was something worth condemning, it was because it was politically expedient to do so, it was crystal clear to see.

Here's a clip of at least ONE mainstream GOPer at the time who didn't outright condemn Akin at the time....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWzzZc3ZKNQ]Aug. 21, WHO-TV, King outside the mainstream by defending Akin - YouTube[/ame]

Carry on.

So you don't consider calling Dr Carson the GOP's house nigga a fucking insult to Dr Carson?

At no point did Toure call Dr. Ben Carson a "house nigga." I'm not sure where you're pulling that crap from.

Carry on.

At no point did Toure call Dr. Ben Carson a "house nigga." I'm not sure where you're pulling that crap from.

Semantics Marc, semantics

Token black
Black friend
Etc

The implications are the same and you know it.

They all call into question Dr Carsons intelligence and suggest he is a dupe.

The same shit they did to Rice and Powell. Why is it ALWAYS questioned when a black is a conservative?

Interesting video....I'm curious to know what was your point in that video.

Couple things that stick out is how Glen Beck, and others of his ilk, like to PRETEND there's no difference in black and white people. Taking, what I perceive as faux-issues with the term "African American" by calling it hyphenated Americans, when that has been going on ffrom the beginning of this country, Italian Americans, Irish Americans, Native Americans, etc.

I loved how the brother pointed out his ludicrisy by his question of "What color are we to the police?" Powerful statement.

What were you trying to say by posting this video Gramps? I'm not sure I get it.

Token black
Black friend
Etc

The same shit they did to Rice and Powell. Why is it ALWAYS questioned when a black is a conservative?
No Gramps, I have to call BS here.

You are simply adamant on perceiving it as an attack. The fact is, Toure didn't attack Carson, either personally or otherwise.

"Black friend" is vastly different than saying "token black" which is different than saying "House nigga."

Token black
Black friend
Etc

No Gramps, I have to call BS here.

You are simply adamant on perceiving it as an attack. The fact is, Toure didn't attack Carson, either personally or otherwise.

"Black friend" is vastly different than saying "token black" which is different than saying "House nigga."

And according to Carson all those terms have been used against him. I looked for a video but couldn't figure out which one it is. He said it, I heard it and I assume he isn't a liar. But after spending the last 30 minutes looking for it im done.

And to your point I believe all those terms imply the same thing. As too the Bec video I just found it interesting and wanted to share it.

That's why I said "Here's a pattern I see from some conservatives". Here's an article containing a quote from limbaugh:
“A lot of people think Todd Akin is being mistreated, and a lot of people have decided they want to stand by him and that everybody else should, too,”

Read more: Rush Limbaugh: I could have made Todd Akin quit - POLITICO.com

There's more to the article.

That's why I said "Here's a pattern I see from some conservatives". Here's an article containing a quote from limbaugh:
“A lot of people think Todd Akin is being mistreated, and a lot of people have decided they want to stand by him and that everybody else should, too,”

Read more: Rush Limbaugh: I could have made Todd Akin quit - POLITICO.com

There's more to the article.

Rush is in this for the profit so I don't take alot of what he says at face value. No one person should weild that much influence.

And according to Carson all those terms have been used against him. I looked for a video but couldn't figure out which one it is. He said it, I heard it and I assume he isn't a liar. But after spending the last 30 minutes looking for it im done.

And to your point I believe all those terms imply the same thing. As too the Bec video I just found it interesting and wanted to share it.
In this over-media age, video is very easy to come by.

I believe it's a safe assumption that if you spent 30 minutes looking for an attack and couldn't find one, it simply isn't there. Wouldn't you agree?

I'm not gonna call Carson a liar, but I could understand how from his perspective he would perceive any criticism as an attack. He was on Andrea Mithell's show today and he had a completely different tone. I'm sure that video will be available on the YouTube shortly, if it's not already out there.

Forum List

Back