Dr. Laura's "N word" Rant

I know several full service stations, son, and so do you. I love it when you lie because you are not smart enough evah to get away with it.

Full-service gas station is pumping once more

Ron Driver speaks with Helga Ray during a full-service gas stop Monday at Woody’s Exxon station on Texas Boulevard. After closing and undergoing new ownership and renovation, the ...

www.texarkanagazette.com/news/localnews/2009/03/03/full-service-gas-station-is-pumping... · Cached pageDallas, TX gas stations | Find gas stations in Dallas, TX
... We're On The Driver's Side Gas Station Convenience, Quality Fuel, Products You Can Trust. Visit Chevron. Welcome to Chevron Carsville Texas Gas Stations Find Texas Gas Stations - 24 Hour, Full Service, Car ...

Dallas, TX gas stations | Find gas stations in Dallas, TX · Cached pageWhat full service gas station is open on Sunday in Wichita falls Texas ...
What full service gas station is open on Sunday in Wichita falls Texas? ChaCha has the answer: There are not any gas stations that are showing as full serv...

www.chacha.com/.../what-full-service-gas-station-is-open-on-sunday-in-wichita-falls-texas · Cached pageFilling station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Number of petrol ... · History of filling ... · A typical filling station
A petrol station, filling station, gas station, fueling station, service station, ... states like Oklahoma and Texas. In ... "Full-service gas stations". in Lurie, Maxine N.; Mappen ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filling_station · Cached pageBeaumont gas stations and service stations | Find gas stations and ...
Service Station Software; Software To Manage Accounting, Fuel Inventory, Prices & More. See DEMO. www.DataMaxGroup.com; Texas Gas Stations; Find Texas Gas Stations - 24 Hour, Full Service ...

yp.kfdm.com/beaumont+tx/gas+stations+and+service+stations.zq.html · Cached pageGas Stations in Lubbock, TX - People Search | Yellow Pages | White Pages | Reverse Phone Lookup
... Eleven, 7-Eleven, Alexander's Fuel & Service, Allsups, . Search for directory listings, phone numbers, maps, directions for Gas Stations in Lubbock, TX, lubbock Gas Stations on www ...

lubbock-tx.addresses.com/city/gasstations/Lubbock-Texas-TX-25.html · Cached pageDallas County Gas Stations For Sale - Dallas Texas
Gas Station for Sale Duncanville, Texas Full Service Car Wash with Mini Lube , Very profitable with great ... most heavily trafficked marketplace for Dallas County, TX Gas Stations and ...

Dallas County Gas Stations For Sale - Dallas Texas · Cached pageHunter's Station - Brownwood Texas
Full service gas station in Bronwwood Texas ... Welcome to Hunter's Station! Please come visit us at: 1519 Austin Ave. Brownwood, TX

I know several full service stations, son, and so do you. I love it when you lie because you are not smart enough evah to get away with it.

Ron Driver speaks with Helga Ray during a full-service gas stop Monday at Woody’s Exxon station on Texas Boulevard. After closing and undergoing new ownership and renovation, the ...

www.texarkanagazette.com/news/localnews/2009/03/03/full-service-gas-station-is-pumping... · Cached pageDallas, TX gas stations | Find gas stations in Dallas, TX
... We're On The Driver's Side Gas Station Convenience, Quality Fuel, Products You Can Trust. Visit Chevron. Welcome to Chevron Carsville Texas Gas Stations Find Texas Gas Stations - 24 Hour, Full Service, Car ...

Dallas, TX gas stations | Find gas stations in Dallas, TX · Cached pageWhat full service gas station is open on Sunday in Wichita falls Texas ...
What full service gas station is open on Sunday in Wichita falls Texas? ChaCha has the answer: There are not any gas stations that are showing as full serv...

www.chacha.com/.../what-full-service-gas-station-is-open-on-sunday-in-wichita-falls-texas · Cached pageFilling station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A petrol station, filling station, gas station, fueling station, service station, ... states like Oklahoma and Texas. In ... "Full-service gas stations". in Lurie, Maxine N.; Mappen ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filling_station · Cached pageBeaumont gas stations and service stations | Find gas stations and ...
Service Station Software; Software To Manage Accounting, Fuel Inventory, Prices & More. See DEMO. www.DataMaxGroup.com; Texas Gas Stations; Find Texas Gas Stations - 24 Hour, Full Service ...

yp.kfdm.com/beaumont+tx/gas+stations+and+service+stations.zq.html · Cached pageGas Stations in Lubbock, TX - People Search | Yellow Pages | White Pages | Reverse Phone Lookup
... Eleven, 7-Eleven, Alexander's Fuel & Service, Allsups, . Search for directory listings, phone numbers, maps, directions for Gas Stations in Lubbock, TX, lubbock Gas Stations on www ...

lubbock-tx.addresses.com/city/gasstations/Lubbock-Texas-TX-25.html · Cached pageDallas County Gas Stations For Sale - Dallas Texas
Gas Station for Sale Duncanville, Texas Full Service Car Wash with Mini Lube , Very profitable with great ... most heavily trafficked marketplace for Dallas County, TX Gas Stations and ...

Dallas County Gas Stations For Sale - Dallas Texas · Cached pageHunter's Station - Brownwood Texas
Full service gas station in Bronwwood Texas ... Welcome to Hunter's Station! Please come visit us at: 1519 Austin Ave. Brownwood, TX

Go to one one those places and see who pumps your gas.

Yep, Lonestar, I bet the long hours as you fill up vehicles at the filling station gives you the opportunity to do some quality thinking.

There are no full service stations in Texas, you have to fill your own tank. And please fill up often, it keeps me in business.

Hey Lonestar, have you ever had to get fuel in New Jersey? They will not let you pump your own gasoline, you have to wait for some clown to mosey on over to your car and eventually get it in your tank......... not full service by any stretch of the imagination, just another government mandate. I guess they figure that Northerners can't be trusted to fill their own car correctly.:lol:

Just like 1936 if the GOP doesn't come up with something positive, and nothing like that is happening.

Only totally different. FDR had a war raging around him where he could actually sell weapons, equipment and ammunition to other nations. Now it's all a drain on us. The fact that you would even compare 1936 to today shows how completely out of touch with reality you are.

War? Italy in Ethiopia? Don't tell me that is what you are referring to? :eusa_eh: And you are ignoring the GOP has nothing positive to offer in the way of leaders, platforms, and apologies.

Obama and the Democrats are so bad they don't even need to offer anything up. Again you miss the point. This is nothing like 1936. Nothing at all. Republicans would only stand to lose by gaining too much this fall. Count nailed it. The Republicans know it too. Who ever is in control for the next to years is going to get hammered because Obama's plan was only to create a smokescreen and give the appearance of economic recovery long enough to secure the 2010 midterms. He fell way short of his objective. And there will be hell to pay for it. Without the war FDR would have been out after his second term. Economic recovery was driven by the war. The Democrats had no plan to fix it.

Not in Texas you don't. So give up the Lib spin will you Jakey?

Yep, Lonestar, I bet the long hours as you fill up vehicles at the filling station gives you the opportunity to do some quality thinking.

There are no full service stations in Texas, you have to fill your own tank. And please fill up often, it keeps me in business.

Hey Lonestar, have you ever had to get fuel in New Jersey? They will not let you pump your own gasoline, you have to wait for some clown to mosey on over to your car and eventually get it in your tank......... not full service by any stretch of the imagination, just another government mandate. I guess they figure that Northerners can't be trusted to fill their own car correctly.:lol:

No not in New Jersey, but I know it's that same way in Oregon.

Well speaking as a woman, when the wind is gusting to 50 mph, it's colder than a witch's elbow, and the sleet pellets feel like razor blades hitting your skin, I've questioned the motives of whoever decided pumping your own gas was a great idea.

Gas in NJ is cheap. About $.40 - $.45 less a gallon then by me. We went to the NJ beaches over the summer. Filled up before we crossed back over the border.

Well speaking as a woman, when the wind is gusting to 50 mph, it's colder than a witch's elbow, and the sleet pellets feel like razor blades hitting your skin, I've questioned the motives of whoever decided pumping your own gas was a great idea.

Well I remember that in some places (when full service stations were everywhere) they had a full service side and a self service side and the self service side was 15 cents less a gallon. And most everyone sought out self service places and that pretty much phased out full service stations. If there are stations in Texas that are going back to full service, I don't see how could last because I can't see how they could compete with self service in gasoline prices.

I do understand where you're coming from and it does tend to be a hassle in inclement weather.

Just what kind of desert do you live in?

Gas in NJ is cheap. About $.40 - $.45 less a gallon then by me. We went to the NJ beaches over the summer. Filled up before we crossed back over the border.

Average cost per gallon here is about $2.50 for regular. $2.75 for premium and $280 for diesel.

Average cost per gallon here is about $2.50 for regular. $2.75 for premium and $280 for diesel.

That was about what it was in NJ. We were around $2.90, $3.25 and $3.35 respectively at the same time.

Well I remember that in some places (when full service stations were everywhere) they had a full service side and a self service side and the self service side was 15 cents less a gallon. And most everyone sought out self service places and that pretty much phased out full service stations. If there are stations in Texas that are going back to full service, I don't see how could last because I can't see how they could compete with self service in gasoline prices.

I do understand where you're coming from and it does tend to be a hassle in inclement weather.

It's all relative to context actually. Kinda like racist words :)

When people want to be pampered, want to have their oil and tires checked and their windshield washer fluid refilled, and their windshield washed and their gas pumped while they sit relaxed in the car, they don't really care if the gas costs a little more. They're happy with the value received. But when they're in a hurry or in a cash flow crunch, that 15 cents a gallon is a big deal and they would resent being denied the option to save it.

And in the world of political correctness, the 'n' word is used by people they like or who have the proper politics, it's A-okay. But out of that context, regardless of intent, the 'n' word is apparently so traumatic and emotionally destructive that anyone who uses it must be severely punished.

When people want to be pampered, want to have their oil and tires checked and their windshield washer fluid refilled, and their windshield washed and their gas pumped while they sit relaxed in the car, they don't really care if the gas costs a little more. They're happy with the value received. But when they're in a hurry or in a cash flow crunch, that 15 cents a gallon is a big deal and they would resent being denied the option to save it.

And in the world of political correctness, the 'n' word is used by people they like or who have the proper politics, it's A-okay. But out of that context, regardless of intent, the 'n' word is apparently so traumatic and emotionally destructive that anyone who uses it must be severely punished.

I was called a punkass here and no one came to my defense. I was traumatized and emotionally scared.

I'm sorry but I don't buy that the n-word so traumatic and emotionally destructive, if it were then blacks wouldn't use it as an endearment. The n- word is no more traumatic or destructive to blacks as "cracker" is to whites.

Growing up in Texas it was used quite often by blacks and whites alike and it wasn't in a pejorative manner, it was simply a description.

1885 illustration from Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. notice the title.

436px-MrBradish.jpg

Last edited:
I was called a punkass here and no one came to my defense. I was traumatized and emotionally scared.

Well sh*t. What can I say. You just don't have the right credentials to be wounded or offended I guess. :)

And Lonestar, I don't buy the 'wounded and offended' gig either though I think the word is ugly, it bothers me when anytbody uses it, and I would not use it. But as long as it is condoned for some to use in almost any context you can think of, nobody can sell me the notion that it is literally damaging or hurtful if somebody like Dr. Laura uses it.

But then I'm pretty anti-political correctness about almost everything these days. So I might not be the best judge.

Friggen Noobie! I've been here less than a year, so I'm still a Noobie right? So Spoonman and I can call each other Noobies. It is an insult if you older posters call us that though.

Well sh*t. What can I say. You just don't have the right credentials to be wounded or offended I guess. :)

And Lonestar, I don't buy the 'wounded and offended' gig either though I think the word is ugly, it bothers me when anytbody uses it, and I would not use it. But as long as it is condoned for some to use in almost any context you can think of, nobody can sell me the notion that it is literally damaging or hurtful if somebody like Dr. Laura uses it.

But then I'm pretty anti-political correctness about almost everything these days. So I might not be the best judge.

This morning I had to go out on the road because one of the crews reported a job was going to take longer than the work time estimate we had put in. I used to supervise these crews. When I showed up I was hit with stuff like Hey you here to buy a ****** a cup of coffee. You back to doing ****** work. To them it's a word. It may have once meant something derogatory, but now it's part of their vocabulary.

This morning I had to go out on the road because one of the crews reported a job was going to take longer than the work time estimate we had put in. I used to supervise these crews. When I showed up I was hit with stuff like Hey you here to buy a ****** a cup of coffee. You back to doing ****** work. To them it's a word. It may have once meant something derogatory, but now it's part of their vocabulary.

And again while I won't use the word and don't like to hear it, what you are describing is the very best solution to the whole problem. When folks start admitting that the black rappers, etc. are using the word in an often non derogatory manner, and get over their own racism in refusing to let anybody BUT black rappers, etc. use the word in a non derogatory manner, the word assumes a definition much different than it once was. And it loses its power to hurt or offend. And when that happens, the problem really is solved.

I work with a bunch of black guys. That's all I hear all day long, ****** this, ****** that. I have to hear it easily 50 times a day.

Which is NOT a license for you to do the same thing, is it now?

If I hear a bunch of Russians, Irish, Germans, Poles, Italians, Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Swedes, French, etc., use some of the foulest racial insults towards each other, I sure as hell don't walk up and join in....unless I like getting a beating.

Here's the upshot.....DON'T get between families and brothers when they are fighting, being mean or insulting each other unless you are VERY close to that family. Laura's bullshit about letting others joke about the womans race as some sort of ass backwards acceptance haze is just that...bullshit. She got called on it, and the sponsors didn't take kindly to her boorish attitude. That's life.

Pussy. I say yo ****** all the time.

That's YOUR business among YOUR friends and acquaintences. If you come up to me or are in my company and use that word and I don't know you, you get ONE warning. Any further transgression and you get to find out how good your health insurance really is. I'm not alone in this, as any rational black person will tell you the same. No rational person accepts insults from strangers just to make the stranger feel comfortable. Period.

Bottom line: Laura's callous and boorish bullshit was rightly called on. TFB for her or her bigoted supporters.

Forum List

Back