Dr. Laura's "N word" Rant

What kind of country do we live in?

The kind where there are way too many people like you are too stupid to figure out why it's wrong for a white person to call a black person a ******.

but you don't have a problem when a blackperson waltzs in here and calls a bunch of white people monkeys but white people aren't supposed to call black people monkeys either so what we have here is a bunch of racist blacks who don't want to play nice in the sandbox and start crying a fucking river when someone calls them a name.. people are tired of that shit.

And the kind of country where too many people like you are too stupid to figure out why it's wrong for a white person to call a black person a monkey.

Could you please clarify:

Who is it OK to call a monkey?

Lemme Guess.......Republican Presidents?

same reason anyone listens to any talk radio show.

Each talk radio show has it's own audience. Dr. Laura obviously knows hers.

You objectivity is really impressive.

Really

Impressive

:doubt:

That makes no sense. If that was your intention, well done.

Dr. Laura has a conservative audience. I'm sure she knows that. And in this thread, look at all the conservatives defending her.

If there was any method to her madness, which is of course debatable, then it was that she knows her conservative audience.

You don't think conservative talk show hosts consciously adjust their rhetoric to play to the audiences they know they have?

It is not racist to call a white person a monkey.

It is racist to call a black person a monkey.

The reason this is the case is because of history.

Well, this turned into a snotfest whilst I slept. Ya me!

BTW...anyone (who actually listened to the rant) think Dr. Laura spoke to the caller with respect?

No she did not, she interupted her and never allowed her to finish anything she was saying.

but you don't have a problem when a blackperson waltzs in here and calls a bunch of white people monkeys but white people aren't supposed to call black people monkeys either so what we have here is a bunch of racist blacks who don't want to play nice in the sandbox and start crying a fucking river when someone calls them a name.. people are tired of that shit.

And the kind of country where too many people like you are too stupid to figure out why it's wrong for a white person to call a black person a monkey.

Could you please clarify:

Who is it OK to call a monkey?

Lemme Guess.......Republican Presidents?

It is not extremely racially offensive, supported by ample historical context, to call a white guy a monkey.

I should be shocked you don't know that. I'm not shocked at that kind of ignorance anymore. Thanks, internet!!

Each talk radio show has it's own audience. Dr. Laura obviously knows hers.

You objectivity is really impressive.

Really

Impressive

:doubt:

That makes no sense. If that was your intention, well done.
Dr. Laura has a conservative audience. I'm sure she knows that. And in this thread, look at all the conservatives defending her.

If there was any method to her madness, which is of course debatable, then it was that she knows her conservative audience.

You don't think conservative talk show hosts consciously adjust their rhetoric to play to the audiences they know they have?[/QUOTE]

oh BARF, you all ever get tired of repeating the same ole shit about conservatives.
and from what I see, no one here is DEFENDING Dr. Laure, it's more like no one here GIVES A RATS ASS.
:lol:

Last edited:
Is Doctor Laura still on?

Why would anyone take advice from someone who has messed up their personal life so much?

It's not really the question of messing up one's personal life, but do they have the integrity to fix it at some point? This, to me, is the measure of a life's work. Virtually everyone screws up at some point, in some manner. Some people like their dysfuntion enough to wallow in it. Others try to pull themselves out of it.

You don't think conservative talk show hosts consciously adjust their rhetoric to play to the audiences they know they have?[/

oh BARF, you all ever get tired of repeating the same ole shit about conservatives.
and from what I see, no one here is DEFENDING Dr. Laure, it's more like no one here GIVES A RATS ASS.

I think it is just as narrow minded to believe Dr. Laura's audience (whether its conservative or not) appreciated her answer, as it is to believe blacks shouldn't be insulted when the N-word is used because its used on HBO.

Last edited:
Dr. Laura had dark meat on her turkey...

(CNN) -- Talk radio host Dr. Laura Schlessinger has issued an apology for saying the N-word several times during an on-air conversation with a caller this week.

"I talk every day about doing the right thing. And yesterday, I did the wrong thing," Schlessinger said on her radio show Wednesday.

"I was attempting to make a philosophical point, and I articulated the N -word all the way out -- more than one time. And that was wrong. I'll say it again -- that was wrong."

The woman then asked about the use of the N-word.

Schlessinger said "black guys use it all the time. Turn on HBO, listen to a black comic, and all you hear is n---, n----, n----."
---

Is Dr. Laura a Tea Party Supporter???

Dr. Laura has to be a Tea Party supporter. :eusa_whistle:

What kind of country do we live in?

The kind where there are way too many people like you are too stupid to figure out why it's wrong for a white person to call a black person a ******.

tell us why monkey

Well, if that is true NYCarbineer, why would the caller have called? Masochism?

To slightly sidestep, wasn't it Dr. Laura that got caught planting people and questions in her audience when she had a tv show?

To answer your question, most of her callers simply sound stupid. God knows what motivates the stupid.:lol:

You don't think conservative talk show hosts consciously adjust their rhetoric to play to the audiences they know they have?[/

I think it is just as narrow minded to believe Dr. Laura's audience (whether its conservative or not) appreciated her answer, as it is to believe blacks shouldn't be insulted when the N-word is used because its used on HBO.

what insults intelligence is the idea that one set of people can declare "power" over a word and forbid another set of people from using it. it's fucking racist and ridiculous. and that was Dr. Laura's point.

Last edited:
BTW, I'm not black and the "N word" upsets me terribly. Yes, I think Chris Rock is hilarious. But IRL, socially? I cannot -- cannot -- abide to hear that word from anyone.

I think this is partially an age thingy. And mebbe it isn't all bad, if some people can feel comfy saying the word or hearing it. But for me, it brings back too many horrible memories, and I never, ever wanna have it spoken in my presence.

But no worries. After our sense of what is socially acceptable is buried with all us old farts, you guys can use all the racial epithets you like and call it "hip". Mebbe yours will be a better world...who knows?

Context is everything. Isn't it always?

I'd agree a word probably shouldn't have that much power. But it does. Telling people who are bothered by it to shut up and grow a sense of humor (yes, I know those aren't her exact words) isn't the answer.

Context is everything. You'd think after all the Sherrod controversy, people would realize that.

Forum List

Back