Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

To be fair to our founders, just the leap of common men being the equals of royalty was quite an achievement. To claim blacks, women and Indians were also equal was too big a leap to expect

not really, but neither of us were there so we really don't know what the founders thought do we?
Yes what they thought has been well documented

We also know how they felt about blacks, Indians and women

those views were shared by the entire world in the 1700s. The founders were unique in that they signed a document saying that all men were created equal.

MLK did some good things for the country, but he did not save it. Mostly he expedited what was happening naturally. I lived in the south in those years, I saw it happening in people's hearts and minds naturally. King just helped it happen faster and for that he gets a lot of credit.
It was a hundred years after the civil war. What was happening naturally was Jim Crow

Dr King changed that

Without firing a shot

Had Dr King not pushed for equality, the GOP would have been happy retaining Jim crow. They won't. admit it now though.

total bullshit-----------as usual

not really, but neither of us were there so we really don't know what the founders thought do we?

those views were shared by the entire world in the 1700s. The founders were unique in that they signed a document saying that all men were created equal.

MLK did some good things for the country, but he did not save it. Mostly he expedited what was happening naturally. I lived in the south in those years, I saw it happening in people's hearts and minds naturally. King just helped it happen faster and for that he gets a lot of credit.
It was a hundred years after the civil war. What was happening naturally was Jim Crow

Dr King changed that

Without firing a shot

Had Dr King not pushed for equality, the GOP would have been happy retaining Jim crow. They won't. admit it now though.

total bullshit-----------as usual

And you know it is true. You would love to see seperate bathrooms again.

I agree, MLK was a great noble man and a hero. But why do we have an MLK day but not a Lincoln or George Washington day?

To be fair to our founders, just the leap of common men being the equals of royalty was quite an achievement. To claim blacks, women and Indians were also equal was too big a leap to expect

Dr King changed that

Without firing a shot

Some form of separate but equal would remain

If the state of black America is MLK's legacy, then he is a failure.

I don't think he would be happy with our current black ghetto culture
Maybe not

But he would be thrilled with a black president, black astronauts, black judges, black CEOs, black generals

All of which he helped happen

Dr King changed that

Without firing a shot

Some form of separate but equal would remain

Yup, and many southern Trump disciples would love it!

Last edited:
Dr King and the civil rights protesters were American patriots

In fact, their grievances against their country were stronger than the grievances of our founding fathers

Last edited:
No. No, No, No way. Luther King is else matter mathers. One black how only will hims colour to deliver in once US how wanted only Nazism A chance in WW2 before Nazism loose in Soviet Union the war begin then two atomic bombs in Japan then Nazism second hand loses in WW2 1 year later Nazism loses in Germany. Whites are powerful even they are Nazism I know. This fights with hands can only handle close to Nazis and I am close to A white how like blacks more than whites. He isn't normal ?? I know every white like whites over black. Communists don't exist in Denmark and Norway in Nordic so justice for danish and norweigan people. Nazis, racists and gay in every over teenage. Woman and children don't involved in fights so they husband can fight back if theirs women or children get hurted by communists or normalthinking dos how are against Raise. I like for my self Nazi music even one or two communists come close they can not hurt me because nobody hurt Nazi music listening. Short music then stop by ending the Nazi music are. Even there are more Nazi music in youtube and spotify. Rammstein and Metallica plus even more Nazism. Nobody can hurt me close to me even they are against Nazism. Canal youtube in my jobs there they are this communists how like gangsta music more but I can do strange feelings against gangsta music. Only sad music with rap. This Luther King never knowing after he is death for soon 50 year back. Tupac were only great before with my mulatto friend from Iraq / Poland. Hes brother see with are strange rap listening. He fight me before I was friend with him brother. Last ten year I living alone i my village with 700 mouslims, 200 ortodoxer, 200 roman catholics and rest of my village are 800 Finns and 800 half finnish and Swedes around 75% and theirs more Nazi than Communists by Swedes my village. You know my point now mr Carlton in Fresh Prince and mrs Christina Appelgate from western side of America the women how are 15 year old better than me. I am 30 year this election year in America.

Maybe not

But he would be thrilled with a black president, black astronauts, black judges, black CEOs, black generals

How about Big Mike and Trayvon and the millions of thugs like him? You can't pick and choose what he helped create and what he didn't, especially when comparing a handful of people to literal masses.

I feel he Nazis close to me. Even Finns can weres Nazis. But me close person don't like Nazis more than blacks. He doesn't care about nazi music listening. Yes, I am A big racist. More fun is very important. Even Jesus Christ know this.

I feel he Nazis close to me. Even Finns can weres Nazis. But me close person don't like Nazis more than blacks. He doesn't care about nazi music listening. Yes, I am A big racist. More fun is very important. Even Jesus Christ know this.

Enroll in English 101 please...

Maybe not

How about Big Mike and Trayvon and the millions of thugs like him? You can't pick and choose what he helped create and what he didn't, especially when comparing a handful of people to literal masses.
There are thugs in every race..... Even your own

The difference is that blacks were denied access to the upper tiers of our society

Dr King changed all that

A great American patriot

Maybe not

There are thugs in every race..... Even your own

The difference is that blacks were denied access to the upper tiers of our society

Dr King changed all that

A great American patriot
Indeed there are thugs of all kinds, but like with everything else, it's a matter of degree.

When our founding fathers wrote about "All Men are Created Equal" - that was a radical notion. So radical there was no way it could have been put into practice in 1776. It was more of a promise. That promise is a lot closer to becoming a reality thanks to MLK.

He did as much to fulfill that promise as any other founding father.

All white men.

Dr King and the civil rights protesters were American patriots

In fact, their grievances against their country were stronger than the grievances of our founding fathers

Civil Rights protesters risked their life for the cause

In the case of Dr King....he gave his life

Sorry, but I can't get very enthused about Martin Luther King given the fact that he beat women, flagrantly cheated on his wife, and used extremely vulgar language in private but posed as a pastor in public. MLK Day should have been named Booker T. Washington Day.

I agree that MLK's civil rights work was admirable and needed, but I have a hard time getting past his vile private life. Booker T. Washington would have been a much better person after whom to name a holiday.

Forum List

Back