Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

befefd14f643ea19981d3a25b1f3c71d.jpg

THe rampant illegitimacy, the high crime rate, the poor education numbers, ect. ect ect. is an embarrassment to the nation, and to the memory of MLK.

If you would have asked him to describe the state of black american 2017, it would NOT be like it is today.

THe rampant illegitimacy, the high crime rate, the poor education numbers, ect. ect ect. is an embarrassment to the nation, and to the memory of MLK.

If you would have asked him to describe the state of black american 2017, it would NOT be like it is today.
Ultimately, MLK could not save black America from itself. The dissolution of the black family is a grievous crime, and grievously has black America paid for it.

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are
He would be opposed to today's progressive career politicians and thier fucked up supporters… Fact

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are
He would be opposed to today's progressive career politicians and thier fucked up supporters… Fact
Democrats would lynch him....

I wouldn't go that far

We have a black President, black CEOs, black managers in sports, black astronauts increased black participation in all fields of our economy. Blacks and whites can marry, neighborhoods and schools are desegregated

I think he would be quite pleased

In terms of the plight of blacks in our inner cities, I think he would place the blame someplace other than you think

Ultimately, MLK could not save black America from itself. The dissolution of the black family is a grievous crime, and grievously has black America paid for it.

brought on by the liberal welfare state that rewards black women for having illegitimate kids and rewards fathers for leaving them.

I wouldn't go that far

We have a black President, black CEOs, black managers in sports, black astronauts increased black participation in all fields of our economy. Blacks and whites can marry, neighborhoods and schools are desegregated

In terms of the plight of blacks in our inner cities, I think he would place the blame someplace other than you think

MLK was not in favor of interracial marriage. He wanted to keep the black race pure.

HIs view of equality was quite different from yours and the current race baiters like Sharpton, Jackson, Farrakhan, and BLM.

I wouldn't go that far

MLK was not in favor of interracial marriage. He wanted to keep the black race pure.

HIs view of equality was quite different from yours and the current race baiters like Sharpton, Jackson, Farrakhan, and BLM.

Interesting ...never heard that
Do you have a quote on MLK and wanting to keep the race pure?

Jesse Jackson was a close MLK advisor and protege

Amen

Here comes the republicans to claim him as one of their own, happens every year.

I don't claim his as my own. He would be rolling in his grave if he knew how those that claim to follow what he said actually did things. He said he wanted people to be judged by the content of their character not by their skin. Sad part is those that claim to follow him support programs that emphasize skin color when the content doesn't match up.

Amen

Here comes the republicans to claim him as one of their own, happens every year.

I don't claim his as my own. He would be rolling in his grave if he knew how those that claim to follow what he said actually did things. He said he wanted people to be judged by the content of their character not by their skin. Sad part is those that claim to follow him support programs that emphasize skin color when the content doesn't match up.

Yet MLK supported affirmative action programs because he knew our society needed them

I wouldn't go that far

In terms of the plight o blacks in our inner cities, I think he would blame the same people that had to be kicking and screaming to the table on integration and equal rights. Some refer to this as the 200 year plan. MLK would also see in play what Booker T. Washington warned us.

Amen

Yet MLK supported affirmative action programs because he knew our society needed them
Fair enough but do Affirmative Action programs in 2017 need to be on the same level as 1965?

I wouldn't go that far

In terms of the plight o blacks in our inner cities, I think he would blame the same people that had to be kicking and screaming to the table on integration and equal rights. Some refer to this as the 200 year plan. MLK would also see in play what Booker T. Washington warned us.

“And one day we must ask the question, ‘Why are there forty million poor people in America? And when you begin to ask that question, you are raising questions about the economic system, about a broader distribution of wealth.’ When you ask that question, you begin to question the capitalistic economy. And I’m simply saying that more and more, we’ve got to begin to ask questions about the whole society…” Martin Luther King –Speechto Southern Christian Leadership Conference Atlanta, Georgia, August 16, 1967.

Amen

Fair enough but do Affirmative Action programs in 2017 need to be on the same level as 1965?

I was in the workforce in the early 70's
Affirmative action is nowhere close today to what it was when I started working

Amen

It's worse.

Amen

He knew his people needed them. Sad part is he preached content of character but, according to you, he supported color of skin.

Amen

It's worse.
Hardly
Affirmative action was much more numerical at the time and there was much more resistance. Most companies automatically comply today...it is a no brainer

Amen

He knew his people needed them. Sad part is he preached content of character but, according to you, he supported color of skin.
Actually, you can do both

Black people were not being hired on the basis of the color of their skin. They were also not being considered for certain occupations because black people were not suited for those jobs.

Affirmative acton took care of the latter

Forum List

Back