Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

can a 5'4" Asian get shot at the NBA using AA?
Yao Ming and Jeremy Linn did quite well

They're 5'4" tall?
Try Spud Webb

A) That's not who you mentioned
B) When someone 5'4" inches can dunk the ball, I'd say that's qualified. He didn't play because of his height or color. He was a good player.
C) When are others that height going to be given an opportunity?
I think you are starting to understand affirmative action

When you automatically exclude a player who is 5 ft 4 because he is too short you are discriminating. Neither Spud Webb nor Muggsy Bogues was entitled to a job once they got their shot

Same mentality applied to women and minorities. They were told they were not qualified for professional or management jobs because they were women or because they were black

Affirmative action said you have to give them a shot

NO, it forced you to put them on the team regardless of talent. That's what you don't get.

read.jpg

B) When someone 5'4" inches can dunk the ball, I'd say that's qualified. He didn't play because of his height or color. He was a good player.

When you automatically exclude a player who is 5 ft 4 because he is too short you are discriminating. Neither Spud Webb nor Muggsy Bogues was entitled to a job once they got their shot

Same mentality applied to women and minorities. They were told they were not qualified for professional or management jobs because they were women or because they were black

Affirmative action took into account a characteristic that wasn't taken in for white or males that you said was wrong when it was used to deny. Affirmative action took into account race if someone was a minority. Special efforts have to be put in place to make sure blacks get interviewed. The Rooney Rule in the NFL does just that.
Yes it does

Affirmative Action addresses the response to the question..... Why are there no blacks or women in your management or executive ranks?

The response was....none are qualified for those positions. But when women and blacks are not even interviewed or given a chance at entry level positions ..... They can't prove they are qualified

Affirmative action took care of that

you don't understand affirmative action. It mandates that certain people get hired, admitted to college, etc. regardless of talent or qualifications. It forces employers to hire minorities and females whether they can do the job or not, and it discriminates against others who may be more qualified.

AA is a form of discrimination

Try Spud Webb

Affirmative action took into account a characteristic that wasn't taken in for white or males that you said was wrong when it was used to deny. Affirmative action took into account race if someone was a minority. Special efforts have to be put in place to make sure blacks get interviewed. The Rooney Rule in the NFL does just that.
Yes it does

Affirmative Action addresses the response to the question..... Why are there no blacks or women in your management or executive ranks?

The response was....none are qualified for those positions. But when women and blacks are not even interviewed or given a chance at entry level positions ..... They can't prove they are qualified

you don't understand affirmative action. It mandates that certain people get hired, admitted to college, etc. regardless of talent or qualifications. It forces employers to hire minorities and females whether they can do the job or not, and it discriminates against others who may be more qualified.

Wrong again

You still must meet certain standards. If no candidates meet those standards they do not have to be hired

Yes it does

Wrong again

You still must meet certain standards. If no candidates meet those standards they do not have to be hired

Yes, but the minimum standards are lower for some people than for others, THAT is discrimination.

Yes it does

Wrong again

Yes, but the minimum standards are lower for some people than for others, THAT is discrimination.

When those favored by affirmative action get "points" for that, it can raise them above the minimum for something totally unrelated to the job.

Yes it does

Wrong again

When someone benefiting from AA gets consideration for their skin color or gender, that can put them above the minimum.

MLK fought for equality, not affirmative action.
MLK said he wanted people to be judged by the content of their character not by the color of their skin. Affirmative action takes into consideration skin color and does the opposite of what he said.

can a 5'4" Asian get shot at the NBA using AA?
Yao Ming and Jeremy Linn did quite well

They're 5'4" tall?
Try Spud Webb

Even if they weren't qualified.

King was a communist who cheated on his wife frequently.

I knew with 100 percent certainty someone was going to soil King's memory like this. And I knew they would do it on the very first page of this topic.

The people who do this to King's memory are the same people who don't like being reminded our sacred Founders were slaveowners, probably some of them owned King's ancestors.

Which character flaw do you think is worse?

King was a communist who cheated on his wife frequently.

I knew with 100 percent certainty someone was going to soil King's memory like this. And I knew they would do it on the very first page of this topic.

The people who do this to King's memory are the same people who don't like being reminded our sacred Founders were slaveowners, probably some of them owned King's ancestors.

Which character flaw do you think is worse?

Telling the truth about MLK or the founders of this nation is not a character flaw. It is telling the truth. Try it sometime.

MLK encouraged blacks to get off their ass and compete in the "white" world. My two neighbors did just that....and prospered.

"get off their ass"

More like he spoke to give blacks a chance. Whites, particularly in the south, held the purse strings and were quick to shut out the African American community from an equal chance in the labor market.

"get off their ass" is an ignorant statement.
Get off their ass means leave the "black community" and join America.

MLK was an alcoholic, whoremaster, plagiarist and died an unindicted embezzler but he was no communist. He flirted with the ideals. Ultimately he rejected communism because of its atheism.

MLK did a great service to his country. To say he "saved" it is quite a stretch. In the 60s integration was happening naturally, albeit slowly. King accelerated the process through peaceful protest and rational debate.

Today's racial "leaders" think they can do it through violence and insulting rhetoric. They, and Obama, are undoing the great work of MLK and its sad to watch it happen.

MLK did a great service to his country. To say he "saved" it is quite a stretch. In the 60s integration was happening naturally, albeit slowly. King accelerated the process through peaceful protest and rational debate.

Today's racial "leaders" think they can do it through violence and insulting rhetoric. They, and Obama, are undoing the great work of MLK and its sad to watch it happen.

I beg to differ

Integration was not happening on its own. It had to be dragged in kicking and screaming

Attempts at integration were met with terrorist attacks, attack dogs, billy clubs and tear gas

Forum List

Back