Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

It can only change from within.
MLK said.... "

Believe in yourself and believe that you are somebody... Nobody else can do this for us. No document can do this for us...
If the Negro is to be free, he must move down into the inner resources of his own soul and sign with a pen and ink of self-assertive manhood his own emancipation proclamation.

Don’t let anybody take your manhood....

I am afraid that if MLK was born 30 years later...he couldn't be a leader in the black community. He would be denounced by them.

African Americans were brought here, unwillingly.

Think about that....

A long time ago, by other people.

We have been busting our collective asses to help them out for generations.

Think about that.

I do, and they have come a long way in spite of that. But, it needs to be kept in mind that they were brought here by no choice of their own. Now they are given opportunity. What they do with that is up to them.

I think we need to put it out of our minds. We need to stop focusing on past injustices, or we will never be able to live in peace.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" George Santayana

We are in no danger of forgetting.

We are in danger of tearing this nation apart.

African Americans were brought here, unwillingly.

Think about that....

Think about that.

I do, and they have come a long way in spite of that. But, it needs to be kept in mind that they were brought here by no choice of their own. Now they are given opportunity. What they do with that is up to them.

I think we need to put it out of our minds. We need to stop focusing on past injustices, or we will never be able to live in peace.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" George Santayana

Tearing the nation apart? What fantasy world are you in?

Think about that.

One in which it has not already happened.

One in which it has not already happened.
Get out of your dorm room and go visit real world. Race is an issue promoted by DNC and their liberal media lackeys.

Get out of your dorm room and go visit real world. Race is an issue promoted by DNC and their liberal media lackeys.

Somewhat true.
Racism still exist, but is completely exaggerated for effect for a variety of reasons. Fake outrage is the fad of the decade.
As well as perceived racism, with it's victimization and built-in excuse generator, does far-far-far more damage than actual racism. Not even close.

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." —Martin Luther King Jr.

To be fair, there are quotes I disagree with. There is always a better way. In no way is a RIOT an expression of love. Something MLK Jr. supposedly supported:

A riot is a criminal action.
So is bombing a church

Terrorists bombed a church and killed four little girls
The authorities did nothing and the terrorists walked free

What would be a normal reaction to such injustice?
Dr King maintained the peace

Great American

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." —Martin Luther King Jr.
Wow...pretty heavy...would be even more impactful if he had not stolen those words from John Locke.

To be fair, there are quotes I disagree with. There is always a better way. In no way is a RIOT an expression of love. Something MLK Jr. supposedly supported:

So is bombing a church

Great American
No he did not. What year was that? So the Klan had massive support across the United States? Nope. State of Alabama kept the peace because majority of people living there were not racist.

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Today's Left has gone all the way to the Supreme Court several times to deny people college admission and employment based upon their skin color.
Today's Left is Anti-Civil Rights.

A happy Martin Luther King Day

He was truly a great American Patriot

Like many outstanding Americans (Jefferson, as an example) King was a complex and often troubled man. But his words and public actions for the most part were truly great. He vision for America I think was the correct one.

The shame is the Left has mostly abandoned his vision of racial inclusion for identity politics that only focuses on skin color and division. Personally, I think King would be appalled.

So is bombing a church

Great American
No he did not. What year was that? So the Klan had massive support across the United States? Nope. State of Alabama kept the peace because majority of people living there were not racist.
Kept the peace?

With fire hoses, attack dogs and billy clubs?

DTlsrhXX0AA9giD.jpg

Forum List

Back