Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

we cannot sanitize Dr. King's message. King was a truly brave activist who led mass civil disobedience to challenge a racist establishment. He was anti-war and an economic populist. The right doesn't get to invoke his message without context

Why not? THe Left takes shit out of context all the time, if not just making shit up.

MLK was not perfect, he had some wonderful ideas etc. but, in the end, he was Rodney King.....
Why can't we all just get along.

So, why can't we?

martin-luther-king-famous-peace-quotes.jpg

But you are so full of hate.
That would be our president

Your lies do not change the reality of the situation.

You are the hater.

YOu support racial discrimination by policy and law.

You look forward to a day when people are politically and economically marginalized based on race.

Oh the white man’s lament! Oh woe is he.

That day is here Correll. It’s never left. Obama was hung in effigy and Trump is busily erasing his laws, treaties and legislation. Obama is a man of character. Trump is not and yet he’s President.

Trump was elected because he’s a white man. His character and morals are questionable at best. And yet you elected him.

Well, he saved our conscience and was an agent for a much needed change, but I was there too and I believe the change was coming anyway. What's sad, is that race relations have been trashed by the left and blacks recently. I'm pretty sure that if he was alive today, King would be disappointed that his message has been lost
That change was "coming" for 100 years

If it was going to come on its own, it would have happened when black veterans returned after WWII. They fought and died for their country and were expected to return to business as usual

It was going to come on it's own. Just because the war didn't change things immediately in no logical way means it wasn't going to happen at all. That makes nom logical sense.

Well, he saved our conscience and was an agent for a much needed change, but I was there too and I believe the change was coming anyway. What's sad, is that race relations have been trashed by the left and blacks recently. I'm pretty sure that if he was alive today, King would be disappointed that his message has been lost

If it was going to come on its own, it would have happened when black veterans returned after WWII. They fought and died for their country and were expected to return to business as usual

It was going to come on it's own. Just because the war didn't change things immediately in no logical way means it wasn't going to happen at all. That makes nom logical sense.

During the Depression, blacks were told integration was not economically feasible.....be patient

When WWII came, blacks were told....be patriotic, now is not the time, be patient

After blacks fought and died in Korea......they still returned to Jim Crow.....be patient, we can't rush these things

MLK pushed the issue
He was tired of waiting

Can anyone imagine how Dr King would feel about our current racist president?

Your constant race baiting makes you a bad person.

On this Martin Luther King Day, it is proper to discuss race

The fact that we have a racist President today is highly appropriate to discuss

It is, as well as discuss how the last one was a complete fake, now known as the "Great Divider"...and took taxpayer money and gave to the tune of $40,000,000,000 a month in free loans to Wall Street investment firms, investment banks and super corporations despite the fact they were swimming in post 2009 profits....he continued to give them interest free loans backed by taxpayers even after Wall Street had had 3 record years in a row.
That money could have done a lot of good instead of creating the greatest shuffle of dollars into the hands of the rich in American history.
MLK would have been explosive.

During the Depression, blacks were told integration was not economically feasible.....be patient

When WWII came, blacks were told....be patriotic, now is not the time, be patient

After blacks fought and died in Korea......they still returned to Jim Crow.....be patient, we can't rush these things

MLK pushed the issue
He was tired of waiting

and he did it with peaceful protest. Not violence and insults like the radical leftists of today. The differences are very obvious, and significant.

MLK pushed the issue
He was tired of waiting

But he lived at the exact time that many in Washington, mostly Republicans, were already talking about change. Had he been born a decade earlier and tried it a decade sooner, the marches and protests would have ended much differently. King did not start the 60s revolution, but it helped him a great deal, attitudes were already changing.

Can anyone imagine how Dr King would feel about our current racist president?

Your constant race baiting makes you a bad person.

On this Martin Luther King Day, it is proper to discuss race

The fact that we have a racist President today is highly appropriate to discuss

shall we discuss that FACT that King's family supports Trump? Shall we discuss the FACT that his niece said that Trump's policies will help blacks? Shall we discuss the FACT that MLK's family have said that Trump is not a racist and that Jesse Jackson gave Trump an award for helping blacks in business?

Yes, let have a real discussion about race on MLK day.

MLK pushed the issue
He was tired of waiting

and he did it with peaceful protest. Not violence and insults like the radical leftists of today. The differences are very obvious, and significant.

Exactly correct. We need a MLK to rise up today and bring sanity to this nonsense.

MLK pushed the issue
He was tired of waiting

Exactly correct. We need a MLK to rise up today and bring sanity to this nonsense.

what we are seeing today, and what we see in posts by leftists like rightwinger, is not about race, its about the dem party struggling for survival. Screaming "racist" is all they have left.

MLK pushed the issue
He was tired of waiting

No question he did it with peace

MLK was fighting terrorism. Terrorists supported by their government and police force .....he chose to use the power of the first amendment rather than the power of the second

A happy Martin Luther King Day

He was truly a great American Patriot

yes, he was. And Obama was truly a great American traitor.
Martin Luther King would have been damned proud of Barack Obama

Too bad he did not live to see it

Apparently no one will ever know if MLK would have been proud of Obama or even supported the clown. Certainly MLK's niece did NOT support Obama.
"I Support Barack Obama For President"

A happy Martin Luther King Day

He was truly a great American Patriot

yes, he was. And Obama was truly a great American traitor.
Martin Luther King would have been damned proud of Barack Obama

Too bad he did not live to see it

Apparently no one will ever know if MLK would have been proud of Obama or even supported the clown. Certainly MLK's niece did NOT support Obama.
"I Support Barack Obama For President"
Conservative got themselves a ringer with Alveda

Why don’t you quote his wife or children?

Forum List

Back