Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

Happy Birthday Dr King

A Nation turns its lonely eyes to you
And all his work was nullified by Obama
Dr King would have been thrilled with the election of Obama

It was the fulfillment of his.......I have a dream

Actually, as he won against Hillary in the primaries because of his black skin and not the content of his character,

it is actually a complete and total repudiation of his dream.
He beat Hillary because he was the better candidate and we now know that she was much less popular than people thought.

Blacks came back from WWI after fighting for their country. They found they were treated better by the French than in their own country
They thought they could come home to Liberty and freedom. Instead, there was a resurgence of the klan to keep them in their place

So, the French were pretty cool, huh?

In terms of how they viewed race

They were

Oh, so now you understand the concept that a nation or a people can be "cool" or "great", even if they, in other ways, did not live up to your modern PC standards.

Now that you understand that, let US revisit the Americans of the 1940s, who fought and died in large numbers, to save the World from the Evil of Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

Were they "great" or not?

Well, now, this is curious. While you and I are probably in substantial agreement about the value of King's public works, are you aware that in his private life he routinely cheated on his wife, swore like a sailor while claiming to be a pastor, and on at least one occasion knocked one of his mistresses across a hotel room (he did this in front of Ralph Abernathy, who write about it in his 1989 book And the Walls Came Tumbling Down)? I'm guessing you don't care about adultery and bad language, but I thought you guys were all about rejecting anyone who abused women, no matter how much good they did in their public life.
How much of this is fabricated and how much is substantiated?

It is narrow minded to deny the greatness of the rest of 1940s society because of that one aspect.
That was one hell of an aspect

MLK saved us without resorting to violence

Only to some one completely ignorant of history.

Your reactions to the normal level of bitter partisanship that Obama was subject to, your choice to smear half the nation with the false accusation of racism, your choice to tell minorities that republicans were "Whitelashing" against a black president,

made a mockery of King and his dream.
I am well aware of our history

That is why I honor MLK in this thread

Your reactions to the normal level of bitter partisanship that Obama was subject to, your choice to smear half the nation with the false accusation of racism, your choice to tell minorities that republicans were "Whitelashing" against a black president,

:false accusation: :71:

Yep. As explained in my post, that you read, hit the reply button to, and yet did not address.

Your desire to have Obama treated differently than all the other dem Presidents we have opposed,

made what should have been a positive milestone for the country, into a step BACKWARDS.

No other previous president had no support from the opposition party. Republicans did not provide a single vote in support of Obama.
No other President was refused the right to fill a Supreme Court vacancy

I reject you pretense that you are so stupid that you have not noticed that we are is a period of increasingly bitter partisan divide.

YOu may be stupid, but you are not that stupid. Stop pretending to be even stupider than you actually are.
You can’t deny it...

No other previous president had no support from the opposition party. Republicans did not provide a single vote in support of Obama.
No other President was refused the right to fill a Supreme Court vacancy

Republicans poisoned the bipartisanship well

I already rejected your pretense of being so stupid that you have not noticed that we are is a period of increasingly bitter partisan divide.

I'm willing to meet you half way on this.

I will admit that you are very, very stupid.

BUT, you are not as stupid as you pretend to be.

Do you remember when we impeached Bill Clinton? Who was white?

Impeachment is the most powerful attack on the Presidency that an opposing party can launch, short of open warfare.

We did that to Bill Clinton, the dem President immediately preceding Obama.

So don't pretend that this harsh divide is something that just started when the black guy showed you, you dishonest race baiting moron.
Name calling again.

He started it, and he is doing it INSTEAD of offering any real support for his position.

Blacks came back from WWI after fighting for their country. They found they were treated better by the French than in their own country
They thought they could come home to Liberty and freedom. Instead, there was a resurgence of the klan to keep them in their place

They were

Oh, so now you understand the concept that a nation or a people can be "cool" or "great", even if they, in other ways, did not live up to your modern PC standards.

Now that you understand that, let US revisit the Americans of the 1940s, who fought and died in large numbers, to save the World from the Evil of Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

Especially the black Americans who went to liberate people half way across the world while they themselves were treated as second class citizens back home...so much so, that they were lynched just for wearing the uniform. If anything was great about America back then, it was definitely them.

The Tragic, Forgotten History of Black Military Veterans

It is not narrow minded to reveal the dark underbelly of our 1940 s society

That great society then expected blacks who fought in that war to resume their subservient status

It is narrow minded to deny the greatness of the rest of 1940s society because of that one aspect.
That was one hell of an aspect

MLK saved us without resorting to violence

I am well aware of our history

That is why I honor MLK in this thread

During Obama’s,s tenure we saw how racist the nation still was.

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are

I don't know about "saved our soul"--probably a little overstated. But I know his peaceful protests were admirable and I wish we would get back to his ideal of having his little children and little white children sit at a table of peace together. Instead, Leftists have it that we obsess over skin color. Again. And again, and again, and again.

The more things change....

Well, now, this is curious. While you and I are probably in substantial agreement about the value of King's public works, are you aware that in his private life he routinely cheated on his wife, swore like a sailor while claiming to be a pastor, and on at least one occasion knocked one of his mistresses across a hotel room (he did this in front of Ralph Abernathy, who write about it in his 1989 book And the Walls Came Tumbling Down)? I'm guessing you don't care about adultery and bad language, but I thought you guys were all about rejecting anyone who abused women, no matter how much good they did in their public life.

I would hold him to a higher standard of course because he claimed to be a Christian pastor. The Bible has a LOT to say about leaders who preach one thing but do another. The Leftists here might love him and all but worship him, but I would not want to be him at the Judgment.

Leftists will now pant about Trump, but he barely even pretends to be a Christian, let alone "Reverend" Martin Luther King.

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are

I don't know about "saved our soul"--probably a little overstated. But I know his peaceful protests were admirable and I wish we would get back to his ideal of having his little children and little white children sit at a table of peace together. Instead, Leftists have it that we obsess over skin color. Again. And again, and again, and again.

Peaceful to who?
825x550.jpg

I would hold him to a higher standard of course because he claimed to be a Christian pastor. The Bible has a LOT to say about leaders who preach one thing but do another. The Leftists here might love him and all but worship him, but I would not want to be him at the Judgment.

Leftists will now pant about Trump, but he barely even pretends to be a Christian, let alone "Reverend" Martin Luther King.
Ask the world who they respect more, Trump or Dr. King

My biggest complaint is that he never wore the uniform or fought for his country.

Better than that .......Dr Martin Luther King was an American Patriot

He gave his life fighting for Liberty and Justice

Rather than use a gun, he used his dignity and voice to save this nation
He was no patriot. What dignity? Did he ever turn over a paycheck in his life? He used Civil Rights Movement to enrich himself. He’s a great man...but not the god liberals make him out to be.
In a drunken stupor he thought he was losing the public interest. To gin up some sympathy the bastard ordered innocent little black girls right into the firehoses of the insane Bull Connor.

His wife dumped his lying ass.
You are a moron

Peaceful to who?
825x550.jpg
That is John Lewis on the ground
Another American Patriot

They were

Especially the black Americans who went to liberate people half way across the world while they themselves were treated as second class citizens back home...so much so, that they were lynched just for wearing the uniform. If anything was great about America back then, it was definitely them.

The Tragic, Forgotten History of Black Military Veterans
An amazing chapter in our history

Blacks came back believing is the liberty and freedom we were preaching to the world.

They came back and were ordered to the back of the bus

My biggest complaint is that he never wore the uniform or fought for his country.

He was no patriot. What dignity? Did he ever turn over a paycheck in his life? He used Civil Rights Movement to enrich himself. He’s a great man...but not the god liberals make him out to be.
In a drunken stupor he thought he was losing the public interest. To gin up some sympathy the bastard ordered innocent little black girls right into the firehoses of the insane Bull Connor.

You are a moron
That's your response to facts about King. I am flattered.

You are a moron
That's your response to facts about King. I am flattered.

The facts are that you are a moron

Another marchin lootin coon day....OH BOY! Kids love having day off and I enjoy not having to get up early....then get to troll the morons on FB LOL. Ah a day celebrating a womanizer,plagiarist,alcoholic and known communist.
Scratch a conservative, find a racist.
You MIGHT have a point if I was a conservative. I am not one...I despise conservatives,I think they are weak spine pussies. I am a Racial Socialist....What's best for my race is what I advocate for.

Happy Birthday Dr King

A Nation turns its lonely eyes to you

and MLK's niece is a big Trump supporter. Thanks MLK.

Yea...Alveda sold herself out for the publicity

How does the rest of the family feel about Trump?
That is only one misguided person in his whole family. It means nothing.

she has been designated as the family spokesperson since MLK was shot. I am quite sure the family shares her views or she would not be allowed to state them publically.

Another marchin lootin coon day....OH BOY! Kids love having day off and I enjoy not having to get up early....then get to troll the morons on FB LOL. Ah a day celebrating a womanizer,plagiarist,alcoholic and known communist.
You MIGHT have a point if I was a conservative. I am not one...I despise conservatives,I think they are weak spine pussies. I am a Racial Socialist....What's best for my race is what I advocate for.
You mean you’re a racist. Why not just say what you are?

You mean you’re a racist. Why not just say what you are?
My ideology is Racial Socialism,look it up. My religion is called Creativity. Racial Socialists RIGHTFULLY believe in White Supremacy as we are superior to all other races. The word "racist" was made up by a Jewish communist but hey fits you well to use it. Your buzz words don't bother me,being inaccurate is irritating though...not like ANY of you leftists care about being accurate.

Forum List

Back