Dress code at Planet Fitness gets patron expelled for pro-life t-shirt.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Liberals are the champs at hate, intolerance, and censorship

68 Year Old Man Kicked Out Of Planet Fitness For Wearing Pro-life T-shirt Despite Their Claim Of Being 100 Judgement Free

nov 18 2014
I just got off the phone with Michael Amarosa, a 68 year-old man from Deltona, Florida who was recently kicked out of the local Planet Fitness for wearing a pro-life t-shirt to work out in.

Michael has been going to Planet Fitness for three years and about two weeks ago was approached by one of the staff as he was working out. The staff member informed him that his shirt was offensive to someone and asked if he would be willing to change into a shirt she had in her hand. Michael said no and asked what would happen if he did not change his shirt. He was asked
to leave.

Now before I go on, lets look at the slogan for Planet Fitness: “Welcome to Planet Fitness. Home of the Judgement Free Zone®”. That’s right, Planet Fitness wants people to think they are a “judgement free zone” while casting judgement on Michael for a pro-life t-shirt.

Michael’s shirt read, “abortion kills a person” and he thought that if he wore a less abrasive shirt that maybe they would not cast judgement on him. He was wrong. Michael came back the next day wearing a shirt that read, “pray to end abortion” and he was approached again and asked to leave.

68 Year Old Man Kicked Out Of Planet Fitness For Wearing Pro-life T-shirt Despite Their Claim Of Being 100 Judgement Free

nov 18 2014
I just got off the phone with Michael Amarosa, a 68 year-old man from Deltona, Florida who was recently kicked out of the local Planet Fitness for wearing a pro-life t-shirt to work out in.

Michael has been going to Planet Fitness for three years and about two weeks ago was approached by one of the staff as he was working out. The staff member informed him that his shirt was offensive to someone and asked if he would be willing to change into a shirt she had in her hand. Michael said no and asked what would happen if he did not change his shirt. He was asked
to leave.

Now before I go on, lets look at the slogan for Planet Fitness: “Welcome to Planet Fitness. Home of the Judgement Free Zone®”. That’s right, Planet Fitness wants people to think they are a “judgement free zone” while casting judgement on Michael for a pro-life t-shirt.

Michael’s shirt read, “abortion kills a person” and he thought that if he wore a less abrasive shirt that maybe they would not cast judgement on him. He was wrong. Michael came back the next day wearing a shirt that read, “pray to end abortion” and he was approached again and asked to leave.

They forgot to mention that he was screaming obscenities at a yoga ball

Seems a bit excessive but that is pretty offensive.

And, if he agreed to a "dress code", he needs to abide by what he agreed to.

Here's the truth of the incident:

He wants to educate the public about abortion and thats why he wears his pro-life t-shirts. Michael is not yelling at people or trying to start debates in the gym, he simply works out and practices free speech with a t-shirt. - See more at: 68 Year Old Man Kicked Out Of Planet Fitness For Wearing Pro-life T-shirt Despite Their Claim Of Being 100 Judgement Free

Yelling at people was exactly what he was doing. And, if it had been a pro-abortion slogan, it would be the same thing.

Oh and the "judgement free" slogan refers to fatties like the OP.

Not abortion.

Using that is a real reach.

ShootSpeeders - I missed where it said how many times this guy as been pregnant or how many unwanted babies he has adopted.

Could you please point that out to me?

Thanks.

If they can't respect where he stands, they shouldn't expect any respect out of him in return for where it is that they stand.

God bless you and the man always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

ShootSpeeders - I missed where it said how many times this guy as been pregnant or how many unwanted babies he has adopted.

Could you please point that out to me?

Thanks.

By your "logic" you should either "adopt" 50 illegal mexicans or shut the fuck up.

okay? Thanks

Dumb fuck

What does mexicans have to do with wearing a pro-life shirt and yelling at patrons at Planet Fitness? False equivalency 101.

But it's a valid point Luddity makes, it's not that men don't have a voice but men don't go through the same biologicial changes that women do and they can leave at any time. The woman is going to be responsible for the child regardless. If they can't find the father, he is free and clear. Then the right talks about how a woman should keep it but once that baby is born, they don't want to support it with Food (Food Stamps and WiC), clothes (welfare), and education (Cutting school budgets and rising student loan debt) so just how great will this child's life will be?

Not to mention the complete hypocrisy on the right on this issue where even a pro life congressman forced his wife to have 2 abortions, his mistress to have an abortion while proclaiming he was pro life. Also, the call from the right is limited government and for the government to get out of our lives, except if you're a woman in which case the government must be in all of your personal business on what you can choose with your body.

Obviously that place is not a judge free establishment or they wouldn't be all over the guy for the way that he is dressed. If they can't walk the walk, they shouldn't talk the talk.

God bless you and the man always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Planet Fatness isn't about getting fit. Not only do they have a "Lunk Alarm" for people who (God forbid) grunt when they lift (how terrible!), they also have free Pizza and Cookie days.

Even the CEO says they don't expect people to use and wear out the equipment, that's how they keep the fees so low.

PF would have removed a person wearing a pro-choice T shirt, if the mgt was following the rules.

Any pro-choice or pro-life person can buy a membership, and they get the right to follow the dress code.

nov 18 2014

to leave.

They are advertising being judgment free of fat people, not fatheads. Got it?

Progressives are Judgement Free, as long as you're in total lock step with them.

That's also why they are history's most prolific mass murderers

As an avid gym rat let me say...screw Planet Fatness.

They make fun of bodybuilders on commercials. They have a "lunk alarm" anyone can set off when a member is lifting too heavy. And the BAN deadlifts...the single most effective muscle and strength building excercise out there.

Then market themselves the "no judgment" zone.

Its a gym for fat people and people who want to socialize in a gym.

Forum List

Back