🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Drug giant official: Cohen was 'promising access' after Trump election

Why would someone worth billions care about 1.2 million?

Because that 1.2 million was paid to a Trump insider for access to that person worth billions who happens to be president. Looks like it was pay for play.

Well if true fire that person and hold them accountable.

It's a bit more complicated than that, because if it was for Cohen's access to Trump, then it becomes a problem for Trump, Cohen and the pharma company. Pay for play is illegal.

Sure it is. And if they're guilty hang em high.

Pretty funny that Novartis came out today and said Mueller's team interviewed them SIX MONTHS AGO about this. So that means Mueller's team had to know about the payments even farther before that. That puts Mueller's team about 8 months ahead of the information some are just now getting. Hell no one even knew about Essential Consultants LLC until earlier THIS year.
Yup...all we really get are the scraps of info..that swirls around..and all the flotsam and jetsam of various parties spinning like tops.

Let's be honest though..no matter what happens....half of America is doomed to disappointment.

Pretty funny that Novartis came out today and said Mueller's team interviewed them SIX MONTHS AGO about this. So that means Mueller's team had to know about the payments even farther before that. That puts Mueller's team about 8 months ahead of the information some are just now getting. Hell no one even knew about Essential Consultants LLC until earlier THIS year.
Yup...all we really get are the scraps of info..that swirls around..and all the flotsam and jetsam of various parties spinning like tops.

Let's be honest though..no matter what happens....half of America is doomed to disappointment.

AT&T released a statement just not long ago saying Mueller also interviewed them back in November about their payments to Cohen.

Gee I wonder if all the people and companies that made huge donations to the Clinton Foundation were looking to get access to her?
I heard on CNN this morning that access peddling is nothing new and it is not illegal. Too bad no one knew this while we were listening to months of screeching about donations to Hillary's Foundation.

Aren't all large campaign contributions pretty much the same thing?

If campaign funds were being "funnelled" through Trump's lawyer's "shell company" account, that is probably not kosher, right?
dunno. i would not call this the same as hillary getting $$$ while SoS, no. but i would call it a pretty big party foul if he's using his relationship with trump to charge people more $$$.

i just have no idea if this is illegal. i know *if* hillary did it (not saying she did, just an example) then as a gov official there are laws. but cohen isn't a gov official then is it still illegal? if so, prosecute his ass to the fullest extent of the law. if not, then simply boycott his legal services. :)

but seriously, i dunno if legal or not but it is pretty shady just the same.

Gee I wonder if all the people and companies that made huge donations to the Clinton Foundation were looking to get access to her?
I heard on CNN this morning that access peddling is nothing new and it is not illegal. Too bad no one knew this while we were listening to months of screeching about donations to Hillary's Foundation.
this goes back to my point of the SoS doing a pay to play vs. a private individual. if not illegal, then just more shock news to get people riled up over something they really can't do much about.

but again - correct me if i'm wrong but the SoS and gov officials do have a no pay to play policy that would be violated *if* it happened.

Because that 1.2 million was paid to a Trump insider for access to that person worth billions who happens to be president. Looks like it was pay for play.

It's a bit more complicated than that, because if it was for Cohen's access to Trump, then it becomes a problem for Trump, Cohen and the pharma company. Pay for play is illegal.

still want to know what laws he broke first. agreed on if he did, fry him. i don't give a shit about intent or not we need the teeth back in our laws.

If campaign funds were being "funnelled" through Trump's lawyer's "shell company" account, that is probably not kosher, right?
dunno. i would not call this the same as hillary getting $$$ while SoS, no. but i would call it a pretty big party foul if he's using his relationship with trump to charge people more $$$.

i just have no idea if this is illegal. i know *if* hillary did it (not saying she did, just an example) then as a gov official there are laws. but cohen isn't a gov official then is it still illegal? if so, prosecute his ass to the fullest extent of the law. if not, then simply boycott his legal services. :)

but seriously, i dunno if legal or not but it is pretty shady just the same.

Anyone every notice how many politicians are lawyers?

Ya think this kind of game might have something to do with it?

still want to know what laws he broke first. agreed on if he did, fry him. i don't give a shit about intent or not we need the teeth back in our laws.

Selective enforcement is not justice.

Even if there are laws against this type of activity, if they only enforce them when it serves the interest of the Deep State, then it is not justice.

It is a form of tyranny and political oppression.

this goes back to my point of the SoS doing a pay to play vs. a private individual. if not illegal, then just more shock news to get people riled up over something they really can't do much about.

but again - correct me if i'm wrong but the SoS and gov officials do have a no pay to play policy that would be violated *if* it happened.

The only problem with your theory is that there is no evidence of pay to play with Hillary when she was Secretary of State.

Selective enforcement is not justice.

Even if there are laws against this type of activity, if they only enforce them when it serves the interest of the Deep State, then it is not justice.

It is a form of tyranny and political oppression.

totally agree - but getting all bent out of shape and pulling an instant HILLARY reference goes nowhere either. i *do* believe she did the pay for play thing and used verbiage and "words matter" to get out of it or convince people she didn't do it. she did and so far has gotten away with it out of selective enforcement and/or indifference. but as i've said for years, you let someone get away with shit cause they're on "your side" then the other side will take it to an evolutionary step and dare you to come at them, knowing both sides know deep down they're both wrong.

then we out here just argue and fight senselessly.

we need the teeth back in our laws and the blinders back on the statue of justice.

Yeah OL, but these really weren't "campaign contributions" - They were paid directly to Cohen specifically for access who then squirreled the money into Donald's "Girl Problem" slush fund controlled by Cohen.
And before this no one ever paid a lawyer or lobbyist for access, right?

That shit is normally barely legal. As Frankie will soon find out, this one is slug-slimy felony material.

Yeah OL, but these really weren't "campaign contributions" - They were paid directly to Cohen specifically for access who then squirreled the money into Donald's "Girl Problem" slush fund controlled by Cohen.
I thought Cohen had to take out a home equity loan to pay Stormy. So this money was sent in to reimburse Cohen? If so, that makes the Trump WH liars about Cohen being reimbursed via monthly retainer. I doubt they will ever prove any of this. It will be interesting to hear what they say those payments were for, though, and the companies making those payments. Every single one of them is going "Oh Shit!" right now. If Avenatti has the legal oomph to even bring any of this to court.

Nah betcha that's a lie. Cohen was (and IS) up to his eyeballs in debt. He even got his wife to take out a HELOC on his wife's parents place.
The Southern District will get a handle on this one guaranteed.
Cohen is gonna go down but before he does, he's prepared a beautiful aria for our dancing and dining enjoyment :)

Novartis official: Michael Cohen was 'promising access' after Trump election

Play for pay..simple as that, I guess:

"President Donald Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, contacted the drug giant Novartis after the 2016 election "promising access" to the new administration, and Special Counsel Robert Mueller later requested information from the company about the offer, a senior official inside Novartis told NBC News on Wednesday.

"He [Cohen] contacted us after the new administration was in place," the official said. "He was promising access to the new administration."

The disclosure came after an attorney representing the adult-film actress who says she had an affair with Trump released a summary of bank transactions that he says shows payments from various companies to a company controlled by Cohen.

That lawyer, Michael Avenatti, said the transactions suggest that Cohen was "selling access to the President of the United States." Cohen, his attorney and the White House did not respond to a request for comment."

That's what lobbyists do, moron.

"President Donald Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, contacted the drug giant Novartis after the 2016 election "promising access" to the new administration, and Special Counsel Robert Mueller later requested information from the company about the offer, a senior official inside Novartis told NBC News on Wednesday.

"He [Cohen] contacted us after the new administration was in place," the official said. "He was promising access to the new administration."

The disclosure came after an attorney representing the adult-film actress who says she had an affair with Trump released a summary of bank transactions that he says shows payments from various companies to a company controlled by Cohen.

That lawyer, Michael Avenatti, said the transactions suggest that Cohen was "selling access to the President of the United States." Cohen, his attorney and the White House did not respond to a request for comment."

So now Cohen is a lobbyist?

The only problem with your theory is that there is no evidence of pay to play with Hillary when she was Secretary of State.

Really? Can to share the investigation findings on that? Oh wait........

uh huh.

nothing you'd ever agree to no. and now pray tell, was what cohen did illegal?

and you keep ignoring where i said *IF* they did it (SoS/Clinton) - in comparing the 2 situations but you got all butt clenched and need to defend someone i'm not even attacking.

Terrible......it appears the media has dreamed up yet another Hillary crime and claims they have proof Trump is doing the same thing.
Nevermind the fact that they haven't a single shred of evidence that ties Trump to this, at least not as clearly as Hillary can be tied to donations that went to The Clinton Foundation.

Is Cohen registered as a lobbyist? So far all the companies have come out and said Cohen didn't provide anything he supposedly promised.

Forum List

Back