'Duck Dynasty' Under Fire Following Star's Incendiary Anti-Gay Remarks

The Robertson family is immune from being under fire. Phil Robertson just told Barbara Walters to take her interview and stick it. He's going hunting.

Oh whatever. Did anyone really think they felt otherwise? The show's still plenty entertaining.

The show is pretty good.

It's just so stupid how some of these people ask a man what he believes (when they know darn well what he believes) and then when he gives his honest answer they then fly upon him in a wicked rage and try to destroy his livelihood. I don't read the Bible much, but my memory tells me there was a word for people like that in it.

Mr. Robertson has an opinion, and Americans should be allowed to have one without the threat of their livelihoods being ravaged. All for giving an honest opinion when asked.

Try that with your wife, boss or anyone in a position of authority.

What point are you meaning to convey, please? That people shouldn't share their opinions with their spouses, bosses, or people in positions of authority? It seems like an unrelated tangent on your part, because these people haranguing Mr. Robertson are none of those you've mentioned.

I find his honesty refreshing.

America needs more of that.

Oh whatever. Did anyone really think they felt otherwise? The show's still plenty entertaining.

The show is pretty good.

It's just so stupid how some of these people ask a man what he believes (when they know darn well what he believes) and then when he gives his honest answer they then fly upon him in a wicked rage and try to destroy his livelihood. I don't read the Bible much, but my memory tells me there was a word for people like that in it.

Mr. Robertson has an opinion, and Americans should be allowed to have one without the threat of their livelihoods being ravaged. All for giving an honest opinion when asked.

There is no one in that type of position of authority over Phil Robertson.

The show is pretty good.

There is no one in that type of position of authority over Phil Robertson.

can't he get a date?

The stars of "Duck Dynasty" might be America's most popular TV family, but that could change very soon — because Phil Robertson has made some seriously divisive anti-gay remarks that have sparked instant backlash.

Speaking with GQ, Robertson lamented that when "everything is blurred on what's right and what's wrong ... sin becomes fine." So just what qualifies as sinful in his book?

"Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there — bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men," he declared.

Phil probably should have cut himself off at this point (considering he's a national TV star), but instead he paraphrased Corinthians. "Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers — they won’t inherit the kingdom of God," he warned. "Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."

What's more, according to him, it's basically incomprehensible. "It seems to me, a vagina — as a man — would be more desirable than a man's anus," he explained. "That's just me. I'm just thinking, 'There's more there! She's got more to offer.' I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical."

'Duck Dynasty' Under Fire Following Star's Incendiary Anti-Gay Remarks | Yahoo TV - Yahoo TV

Reading this, I feel this the same kind of drama that some liberal media is known for. Wasn't there outcry from some liberals when Miss California was also asked her honest opinion? In my opinion, GLAAD is becoming the obnoxious drama queen that everyone wants to ignore, and it is hurting the image of homosexuals as a group.

It's not as if the Duck Dynasty stars' opinions are taken seriously. If you do....considering the show and its angle....that would be pretty foolish.

The show is pretty good.

What point are you meaning to convey, please? That people shouldn't share their opinions with their spouses, bosses, or people in positions of authority? It seems like an unrelated tangent on your part, because these people haranguing Mr. Robertson are none of those you've mentioned.

Miss Kay is hardly going to disagree with her husband. He has no boss. He owns the company. Phil Robertson is a free man. He is beholden to no one. He doesn't care what liberals think.

The show is pretty good.

Mr. Robinson has already started back peddling.

Of Robertson is back peddling, there's no evidence of it.

Unless you mean how he denounced himself in the Barbara Walters interview and back peddled from there.

Oh wait, that didn't happen.

Miss Kay is hardly going to disagree with her husband. He has no boss. He owns the company. Phil Robertson is a free man. He is beholden to no one. He doesn't care what liberals think.

Plus I dont see the majority of his customer base really getting all butthurt (lol) over his comments.

Mr. Robinson has already started back peddling.

Please prove that.

...oh, did you mean this?

We never, ever judge someone on who's going to heaven, hell. That's the Almighty's job," he told the magazine. "We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus — whether they're homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later, you see what I'm saying?"

"I myself am a product of the '60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior," the TV star said in a statement released by A&E Wednesday. "My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."

If you consider that back-peddling, you might be mistaken.

Plus I dont see the majority of his customer base really getting all butthurt (lol) over his comments.

The Robertsons really don't care! They are very wealthy, certainly don't live beyond their means, most of their food comes off the land anyway. No household staff, no real luxuries. The customer base is really hunters from all over the world. They are in a perfect position to say I don't care what you think.

Yes, I actually watch it every once in a while to see what stupid thing they do next.
Watching you right back pal.
Phil craps bigger than you.
It's a free country. Phil was asked his opinion and he expressed it. Simple.
Go fuck yourselves...........where all you LIBs like it best. Just wash it off afterwards OK?

Of Robertson is back peddling, there's no evidence of it.

Unless you mean how he denounced himself in the Barbara Walters interview and back peddled from there.

Oh wait, that didn't happen.

He released another statement about his comments to GQ mag.

And it seems that the tide is already turning, considering the fact that once GLAAD issued its statement, Phil was quick to clarify — and soften— his previous remarks.

"I myself am a product of the '60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior," the TV star said in a statement released by A&E Wednesday. "My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."

And there you have it — at least for now. While Phil is standing by his opinions, he might be feeling a bit repentant about the way he originally stated them.

'Duck Dynasty' Under Fire Following Star's Incendiary Anti-Gay Remarks | Yahoo TV - Yahoo TV

Forum List

Back