'Duck Dynasty' Under Fire Following Star's Incendiary Anti-Gay Remarks

I just heed history and am informed of current events. To bad you believe in fairy tales

tapatalk post

Actually, thanatos, [MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION] has you outclassed in the history department. He and I have had debates on histrionics that would exceed your ability to comprehend. One of my favorite debate partners to tell you the truth. To say you heed history and are informed of current events is a misnomer.

Histrionics?

Historicity I mean, damn that spell check.

Last edited:
Apparently there is no more free speach anymore. I mean really, all this phoney outrage because someone has their own personal feelings and beliefs about homosexuality that isn't in line with queer-enablers?

What's the plan, get everyone fired because they don't believe fags are "A-OK"?

Why not?

Michael Richards made racist comments. He hasn't worked since.

Mel Gibson made anti-Semetic Comments. He hasn't worked since.

There are lines you don't cross.

I hear it quite often in this day and age, "freedom of opinion." It is a staple of American freedom. But I've been thinking about that this morning, and well, come to think of it, there is no freedom of opinion anymore. It's impossible for one to have a personal opinion these days. If a person happens to belong to any political party, in reality they have ceded the essences of their opinions to the ideals and directions of the party they belong to. I know, I was a brash young Republican not long ago, my opinions and responses hinged on every ideal the party represented.

But then I had an epiphany: are my opinions really my own? Am I really thinking for myself? The answer to those questions were clearly obvious. Not at all. The disingenuous political stances my 'party' stood for had been dictating my opinions. I was no longer thinking for myself. I had turned into a parrot; a mouthpiece, repeating anything and everything my party was telling me to. Enough was enough. This is what facilitated my transformation into a libertarian. The pattern isn't hard to recognize, really. Politics has a bad way of robbing a person the ability to think for himself. The freedom to have an opinion suddenly hinges on whether someone agrees with them or not. They feel compelled to change the opinions of others and react hostilely to anyone who refuses. Examples of this exist on both ends of the political spectrum.

Firstly, black men, black women, white women and Hispanics have all been co-opted by the Democrats. Their opinions must match the party's platform, or else they're racist, misogynistic, anti immigrant or an Uncle Tom. Examples include Herman Cain, Mia Love, Sarah Palin and Marco Rubio. On the Republican side it is equally as unnerving. Just a few hours ago, I was reading a thread where conservatives were being urged to 'let the gay shit go.' The author dubbed anyone who didn't see eye to eye as a 'hater.' In some ways this could be worse than what Democrats are doing; asking a person to simply sacrifice his or her own ideals and opinions for a little capitulation to the mainstream way of thought. Our Founding Fathers strove for the freedom of thought, not to ascribe to the 'joiners vs. thinkers' mentality. Its as if either party believes they have a monopoly on free thought. Oh, how wrong they are.

The monotony of the two party system is this: Opinion is fact, fact is opinion. One or the other can be summarily dismissed if it doesn't conform to the established way of thinking and doing things. Many intelligent people are victimized by this mentality, and as a result are using such a gift for deleterious means. There is no freedom of opinion in Politics anymore. People are eager to trumpet the causes of their own side; all the meanwhile completely unaware they are being used as tools, and not for the causes of the nation as a whole. The most prominent people in history chose to think for themselves, to not be dictated to by a fixed set of ideals. Politics has a way of stealing away the most precious gem in dwelling in each of us. Our souls.

Wow. Complete sentences, astute observations, valid points. Very refreshing from the usual "Nuh uh!" replies or "You're a libtard" type posts.

Grew sick of the constant 'monkies throwing feces' nature of American politics myself. So much so I gave up on participating altogether. While I identify as a liberal with some conservative positions (death penalty, abortion, etc.) I refuse to vote or get involed beyond discussing it online and watching the news. If we start electing people not beholden to special interests, taking what amounts to bribes and only ever saying what's been scored and tested and written by professional speech writers, then I'll get involved real quick. But thus far, every politician of every stripe is a complete puppet of whoever got them elected. Empty shirts all of them.

Politicians of today bear no resemblance to the ones who got this country up and running. And while the Founders were far from perfect, they're a lot better than the mouthpieces we have now. No one today would dare stand up and say what they really think, and those that do always 'walk back their comments' the very next day if they even wait that long. If no one's gonna stand up for what they believe, why should we believe in them?

"Politicians make bad politicians." Me.

We need to stop electing professional liars and start getting leaders who're actually willing to lead. Not follow. If not willing to stand up for what you believe in risking your political office, sit the hell down and shut that silly little hole below you nose. We've had enough from your ilk. Why we continue to settle for 3rd and 4th rate candidates then act all surprised when they do poorly and drive this country closer and closer to the cliff is mind-boggling.

"There's no IQ requirement to run for Congress." (paraphrased remark from "Religulous")

Time to get leaders with IQs above 80. Ones who can do more than read prepared statements and look pretty on tv. Politicians who get into office intending to stay there until they die doing only whatever their donors want, and saying only what makes them popular is driving this country off a cliff. In a time when other countries are seeing mass protests and uprisings, how much longer til we get that here?

Over a decade of war loosing to a 19th century society, national debt so massive it can never be paid off, wasteful spending everywhere, unfair taxes, and leaders feathering their own nests instead of representing their constiuents as they swore oaths to do? What's it take before the people say enough. Time for drastic change.

...Wow, they're right, ya do get more conservative in your 40s. :)

Apparently there is no more free speach anymore. I mean really, all this phoney outrage because someone has their own personal feelings and beliefs about homosexuality that isn't in line with queer-enablers?

And here we have our example of ignorance, stupidity, and hate from the right.

Again, the issue has nothing to do with ‘free speech,’ in fact our right to speak freely has never been more secure.

Was A&E wrong to put Phil Robertson on hiatus (Duck Dynasty)

This isn’t a ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ issue.

And yet again: as a private entity A&E is at liberty to do as it sees fit to protect its interests, placing a cast member on hiatus ‘violates’ no free speech; and the private citizen viewers are at liberty to stop watching A&E if they disagree with the network’s decision.

And here we have our example of ignorance, stupidity, and hate from the right.

Again, the issue has nothing to do with ‘free speech,’ in fact our right to speak freely has never been more secure.
Phil's remarks were neither ignorant or stupid or reflected hate.

His comments were based on his Christian beliefs and personal experiences where he grew up. ..... :cool:

I hear it quite often in this day and age, "freedom of opinion." It is a staple of American freedom. But I've been thinking about that this morning, and well, come to think of it, there is no freedom of opinion anymore. It's impossible for one to have a personal opinion these days. If a person happens to belong to any political party, in reality they have ceded the essences of their opinions to the ideals and directions of the party they belong to. I know, I was a brash young Republican not long ago, my opinions and responses hinged on every ideal the party represented.

But then I had an epiphany: are my opinions really my own? Am I really thinking for myself? The answer to those questions were clearly obvious. Not at all. The disingenuous political stances my 'party' stood for had been dictating my opinions. I was no longer thinking for myself. I had turned into a parrot; a mouthpiece, repeating anything and everything my party was telling me to. Enough was enough. This is what facilitated my transformation into a libertarian. The pattern isn't hard to recognize, really. Politics has a bad way of robbing a person the ability to think for himself. The freedom to have an opinion suddenly hinges on whether someone agrees with them or not. They feel compelled to change the opinions of others and react hostilely to anyone who refuses. Examples of this exist on both ends of the political spectrum.

Firstly, black men, black women, white women and Hispanics have all been co-opted by the Democrats. Their opinions must match the party's platform, or else they're racist, misogynistic, anti immigrant or an Uncle Tom. Examples include Herman Cain, Mia Love, Sarah Palin and Marco Rubio. On the Republican side it is equally as unnerving. Just a few hours ago, I was reading a thread where conservatives were being urged to 'let the gay shit go.' The author dubbed anyone who didn't see eye to eye as a 'hater.' In some ways this could be worse than what Democrats are doing; asking a person to simply sacrifice his or her own ideals and opinions for a little capitulation to the mainstream way of thought. Our Founding Fathers strove for the freedom of thought, not to ascribe to the 'joiners vs. thinkers' mentality. Its as if either party believes they have a monopoly on free thought. Oh, how wrong they are.

The monotony of the two party system is this: Opinion is fact, fact is opinion. One or the other can be summarily dismissed if it doesn't conform to the established way of thinking and doing things. Many intelligent people are victimized by this mentality, and as a result are using such a gift for deleterious means. There is no freedom of opinion in Politics anymore. People are eager to trumpet the causes of their own side; all the meanwhile completely unaware they are being used as tools, and not for the causes of the nation as a whole. The most prominent people in history chose to think for themselves, to not be dictated to by a fixed set of ideals. Politics has a way of stealing away the most precious gem in dwelling in each of us. Our souls.

Hilarious.

This I will guarantee: The entire family has already torn up their contract with A&E.
As Phil goes so goes the entire family.
The hilarious thing is should the family decide not to continue the series.....on any network the sales of their products will skyrocket.
I can see a duck call hanging in the back window of millions of vehicles.
Displaying the Duck Dynasty merchandise will become a social/political statement.
The merchandizing geniuses at DD already now this of course. In a way the best thing that could happen was to have a bunch of LIB pussies pressure another bunch of LIB pussies at A&E to remove Phil.
I hear the 'metro' drinking the (cough) 'hot chocolate' in Bobo's ad is being offered a comedy series on A&E. He and Chrisie Hayes and 'Maddcow' and Reggie Love are going to be room mates and the audience has to figure out which of them has the 'night in with a friend' and what sex the friend might be. The last scene will show them clinking their (cough) 'hot chocolate' mugs and licking their lips. (PS. Watch for 'someone special' to make a 'cameo'.)

The stars of "Duck Dynasty" might be America's most popular TV family, but that could change very soon — because Phil Robertson has made some seriously divisive anti-gay remarks that have sparked instant backlash.

Speaking with GQ, Robertson lamented that when "everything is blurred on what's right and what's wrong ... sin becomes fine." So just what qualifies as sinful in his book?

"Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there — bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men," he declared.

Phil probably should have cut himself off at this point (considering he's a national TV star), but instead he paraphrased Corinthians. "Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers — they won’t inherit the kingdom of God," he warned. "Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."

What's more, according to him, it's basically incomprehensible. "It seems to me, a vagina — as a man — would be more desirable than a man's anus," he explained. "That's just me. I'm just thinking, 'There's more there! She's got more to offer.' I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical."

'Duck Dynasty' Under Fire Following Star's Incendiary Anti-Gay Remarks | Yahoo TV - Yahoo TV

Reading this, I feel this the same kind of drama that some liberal media is known for. Wasn't there outcry from some liberals when Miss California was also asked her honest opinion? In my opinion, GLAAD is becoming the obnoxious drama queen that everyone wants to ignore, and it is hurting the image of homosexuals as a group.

The Duck Dynasty Men before their beards:

Si:

Phil: ( high-school and college football player and almost went pro: )

Willie:

Brothers in high-school:

Brothers, small: aww

Can you imagine.....suspending a Red Neck from a show about Red Necks, for talking like a Red Neck.....

Wow. Complete sentences, astute observations, valid points. Very refreshing from the usual "Nuh uh!" replies or "You're a libtard" type posts.

Grew sick of the constant 'monkies throwing feces' nature of American politics myself. So much so I gave up on participating altogether. While I identify as a liberal with some conservative positions (death penalty, abortion, etc.) I refuse to vote or get involed beyond discussing it online and watching the news. If we start electing people not beholden to special interests, taking what amounts to bribes and only ever saying what's been scored and tested and written by professional speech writers, then I'll get involved real quick. But thus far, every politician of every stripe is a complete puppet of whoever got them elected. Empty shirts all of them.

Politicians of today bear no resemblance to the ones who got this country up and running. And while the Founders were far from perfect, they're a lot better than the mouthpieces we have now. No one today would dare stand up and say what they really think, and those that do always 'walk back their comments' the very next day if they even wait that long. If no one's gonna stand up for what they believe, why should we believe in them?

"Politicians make bad politicians." Me.

We need to stop electing professional liars and start getting leaders who're actually willing to lead. Not follow. If not willing to stand up for what you believe in risking your political office, sit the hell down and shut that silly little hole below you nose. We've had enough from your ilk. Why we continue to settle for 3rd and 4th rate candidates then act all surprised when they do poorly and drive this country closer and closer to the cliff is mind-boggling.

"There's no IQ requirement to run for Congress." (paraphrased remark from "Religulous")

Time to get leaders with IQs above 80. Ones who can do more than read prepared statements and look pretty on tv. Politicians who get into office intending to stay there until they die doing only whatever their donors want, and saying only what makes them popular is driving this country off a cliff. In a time when other countries are seeing mass protests and uprisings, how much longer til we get that here?

Over a decade of war loosing to a 19th century society, national debt so massive it can never be paid off, wasteful spending everywhere, unfair taxes, and leaders feathering their own nests instead of representing their constiuents as they swore oaths to do? What's it take before the people say enough. Time for drastic change.

...Wow, they're right, ya do get more conservative in your 40s. :)

Great...

So when are you going to file to run for office?

What's that you say? You're not going to do it? You're too busy...can't be bothered...have other obligations?

Did Washington have anything going on? Did Andrew Jackson? Did Teddy Roosevelt? Did San Ervin? Dick Cheney was CEO of Halliburton, decided to leave that to become the VP and take what was probably a 8-10 MILLION DOLLAR pay cut. At that time, he had 3 heart attacks in the bank already. You think he could have just sat there in Dallas and coutned his millions? Yes...he could have but, like him or loathe him, he chose to serve.

Why aren't you?

This is the problem with American politics...too few are willing to serve. I don't think politics is that important myself in the grander scheme of life. When you have a strong Constitution, the actors on the stage reading the lines means much. What's the old saying; the government was built by giants to be run by pygmies? We have a great many pygmies in all levels of government.

Templar's revelation is as hilarious as it is hollow. Partisans on message boards are partisan because of one or two reasons; they actually believe their BS or they take joy in slinging insults. Both Parties are responsible for the state of affairs. Both parties are totally out to lunch fiscally. Both parties have failed in their ever-repeated urge to change. So I'm a values voters. Currently, the Dems are closer to my values than the GOP. Frankly, I think you have to be soft between the ears to share the same values as the GOP but that's a topic for another thread.

Meanwhile, we get the government we deserve. If the American people are apathetic (and they are), the government is apathetic. Case in point, we're $17T in debt and there is zero outrage in the street.

Was A&E wrong to put Phil Robertson on hiatus (Duck Dynasty)

This isn’t a ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ issue.

And yet again: as a private entity A&E is at liberty to do as it sees fit to protect its interests, placing a cast member on hiatus ‘violates’ no free speech; and the private citizen viewers are at liberty to stop watching A&E if they disagree with the network’s decision.

Well then, lets shift the debate over to why a broadcast company feels the need to drop someone in a heartbeat due to a personal statement, that in no way threatens anyone, does not call for harm to be done to anyone, and at the end of the day does no real harm to anyone.

We have come to a point where one side of the political debate is given all sorts of leeway, and when they cross the line it takes a massive outswelling of outrage to even get them a slap on the wrist. On the other hand, someone on the "wrong" side of the debate is an instant target for the "butthurt group of the week's" media campaign to silence them via economic assault.

We have come to the point where if you offend the wrong 1% of the population you are ostracised without due process, and usually without being able to defend yourself.

Considering something "offensive" when it really only offends a small vocal minority may not be censorship, but it sure as hell isnt justice.

EXACTLY... the fucking queers have been preaching TOLERANCE from the start, all except for THEY won't TOLERATE anyone that doesn't fall in line with THEIR AGENDA.

Two faced, hypocritical PERVERTS. This kind of BIGOTED bull shit towards heterosexuals and/or Christians for what they BELIEVE is what constantly reminds people of how MILITANT and INTOLERANT queers and leftists actually are towards ANYONE who DARE say ANYTHING against their sick little pet, perverted, disgusting, sexual mental illness.

I hope the entire Duck Dynasty family tells A&E to fuck off and quits.

Last edited:
This I will guarantee: The entire family has already torn up their contract with A&E.
As Phil goes so goes the entire family.
The hilarious thing is should the family decide not to continue the series.....on any network the sales of their products will skyrocket.
I can see a duck call hanging in the back window of millions of vehicles.
Displaying the Duck Dynasty merchandise will become a social/political statement.
The merchandizing geniuses at DD already now this of course. In a way the best thing that could happen was to have a bunch of LIB pussies pressure another bunch of LIB pussies at A&E to remove Phil.
I hear the 'metro' drinking the (cough) 'hot chocolate' in Bobo's ad is being offered a comedy series on A&E. He and Chrisie Hayes and 'Maddcow' and Reggie Love are going to be room mates and the audience has to figure out which of them has the 'night in with a friend' and what sex the friend might be. The last scene will show them clinking their (cough) 'hot chocolate' mugs and licking their lips. (PS. Watch for 'someone special' to make a 'cameo'.)

one can start here
Duck Calls | Duck Commander

Forum List

Back