'Duck Dynasty' Under Fire Following Star's Incendiary Anti-Gay Remarks

The first show I watched was the one where they wanted a duck blind so instead of building a treehouse type of thing, they hauled an old beat up trailer up on a stump. LOL

I love when Phil and/or Si are interacting with the granddaughters. It's so cute.

Si cracks me up. His stories are just wild. Mostly, I love the deadpan words and expressions from Jace and Phil.

Oh, A&E so fucked up on this one.

His remarks didn't seem all that incendiary to me. Incendiary is claiming that "God hates fags" or calling for violence against gays. A total overreaction by A&E. People need thicker skin if they are offended by comments like this. Don't like it? Change the channel.

Why is saying "black and proud" or "gay and proud" or "hispanic and proud" or "American and proud" ok but "Christian and proud" is seen as "intolerance"? He said he didn't understand what men saw in another man's anus vs a woman's vagina. He was not saying it was like beastiality, he said "what is next"?

These double standards are so extreme, it is mind boggling.

He is being demonized, because someone feels threatened. I don't think it's entirely gays, but perhaps business rivals. They've reminded people that depending on someone else for your survival, is dangerous.

Apparently there is no more free speach anymore. I mean really, all this phoney outrage because someone has their own personal feelings and beliefs about homosexuality that isn't in line with queer-enablers?

What's the plan, get everyone fired because they don't believe fags are "A-OK"?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Wish the Robertsons would let me live on a small section of their land. I'd go in a heartbeat. They could teach a thing or two. And it would be fun as well as enlightening.

In a quote that may raise even more eyebrows than his feelings about gays, Robertson claims he "never" saw black people mistreated during the pre-civil rights era in his home state, and strongly suggests that African Americans were more content under Jim Crow.

"Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I'm with the blacks, because we're white trash," he said. "They're singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson sounds off on gays, civil rights - latimes.com

Yup! Raised my eyebrows. Still don't think he deserved the boot, though.

GLAAD excoriated Robertson for the interview, accusing him of pushing "vile and extreme stereotypes."

"Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe," GLAAD spokesman Wilson Cruz said. "He clearly knows nothing about gay people or the majority of Louisianans -- and Americans -- who support legal recognition for loving and committed gay and lesbian couples. Phil's decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors who now need to reexamine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families."

'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended over anti-gay comments - MSN TV News

His remarks didn't seem all that incendiary to me. Incendiary is claiming that "God hates fags" or calling for violence against gays. A total overreaction by A&E. People need thicker skin if they are offended by comments like this. Don't like it? Change the channel.

They weren't incendiary. He said that whether you are humping a sheep or another dude's bunghole it is unnatural. Like it or not not it's true. Unfortunately he phrased it poorly which gave the scumbag media an opening to twist things.

Become? What planet have you been living on? It's the number one show. And I hope it gets bigger just to spite them.

I am not lying about who I am so I can sabotage a primary. Your as bad as Fakie

tapatalk post

That sir crossed a line. I don't make a habit of sabotaging free thought, as both parties have done. Would I lie about being a libertarian given how poorly they're viewed? Sorry bub, until you get to know me, you aren't allowed to judge me.

You said it yourself you dishonest hack

tapatalk post

Really? Now you put words in my mouth?

Democrats are racists and they still are.
^^ Yet another demonstration of the idiocy the OP is concerned about.

This one tries to conflate a political party with a personal character trait. What a maroon.
rofl.gif

I just heed history and am informed of current events. To bad you believe in fairy tales

tapatalk post

Actually, thanatos, [MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION] has you outclassed in the history department. He and I have had debates on historicity that would exceed your ability to comprehend. One of my favorite debate partners to tell you the truth. To say you heed history and are informed of current events is a misnomer.

Last edited:
^^ Yet another demonstration of the idiocy the OP is concerned about.

This one tries to conflate a political party with a personal character trait. What a maroon.
rofl.gif

I just heed history and am informed of current events. To bad you believe in fairy tales

tapatalk post

Actually, thanatos, [MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION] has you outclassed in the history department. He and I have had debates on histrionics that would exceed your ability to comprehend. One of my favorite debate partners to tell you the truth. To say you heed history and are informed of current events is a misnomer.

Histrionics?

tapatalk post

Actually, thanatos, [MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION] has you outclassed in the history department. He and I have had debates on histrionics that would exceed your ability to comprehend. One of my favorite debate partners to tell you the truth. To say you heed history and are informed of current events is a misnomer.

Histrionics?

Yup.

I'm wondering if that's not why I had an hysteria-ectomy.

Forum List

Back