Dutch euthanasia law used kill alcoholic 41

Crazy but his choice after all.

Then let him do it himself, don't get medical people involved. More importantly don't let government controlled medical people get involved.
Why not? Sounds like he's been trying to kill himself with alcohol for years. And according to your article HE REQUESTED IT.

In his quest for small government Marty thinks government should decide when we die. Hmm ... that isn't small government, is it?

I don't think this was the intent when these laws were first proposed....

Dutch euthanasia law used to kill Mark Langedijk who decided death was the way to escape | Daily Mail Online

The death of Mr Langedijk marks a new departure in Dutch euthanasia practice, which killed more than 5,500 people last year.

The scope of the mercy killing law, introduced 16 years ago to apply only to those in unbearable suffering, has already widened so that those who die include many whose problems include ‘social isolation and loneliness’.

One of those who died was a woman in her 20s who had been a victim of child sex abuse.

Papers released to explain the workings of the euthanasia laws said doctors believed she could not live with her mental suffering and her post-traumatic stress disorder and other conditions were incurable.

These laws were supposed to be about terminally ill people in pain, with no chance of survival or recovery. I know this is The Netherlands, but seriously, this makes me very very nervous.
If people want to die is it any of your business why?

The one and only thing in this world anyone has any control over is one's own existence.
If an adult can't come to grips with his own existential pain be it from addiction or abuse why can't they choose to end their lives?

Then do it yourself. don't get another actor involved, especially one that has connections to the State. Doesn't Holland have universal healthcare?

Dutch euthanasia law used to kill Mark Langedijk who decided death was the way to escape | Daily Mail Online

The death of Mr Langedijk marks a new departure in Dutch euthanasia practice, which killed more than 5,500 people last year.

The scope of the mercy killing law, introduced 16 years ago to apply only to those in unbearable suffering, has already widened so that those who die include many whose problems include ‘social isolation and loneliness’.

One of those who died was a woman in her 20s who had been a victim of child sex abuse.

Papers released to explain the workings of the euthanasia laws said doctors believed she could not live with her mental suffering and her post-traumatic stress disorder and other conditions were incurable.

These laws were supposed to be about terminally ill people in pain, with no chance of survival or recovery. I know this is The Netherlands, but seriously, this makes me very very nervous.

Morality is best left in the hands of government where it belongs. They don't make mistakes

i really hope this is sarcasm.

I don't know how I could make any clearer that it is

Then let him do it himself, don't get medical people involved. More importantly don't let government controlled medical people get involved.
Why not? Sounds like he's been trying to kill himself with alcohol for years. And according to your article HE REQUESTED IT.

So a doctor should cut off someone's hand if they request it?

There is a huge difference between mercifully ending someone's pain when they are terminal and killing someone because they can't fix their drinking, or can't handle leaving their apartment, or feel paranoid that everyone is out to get them and can't deal with it.

Yes, there is, but that doesn't mean government should decide what we do with our bodies and our lives

No one stopped him from jumping off a cliff if he wanted to. The issue is with it I have is that someone with government connections is the one that did it.

Was it? Was he mentally competent to make such a choice? How hard would it be for a person to convince you that because Hillary lost, you have no chance at a happy life? What if they told you that your death would make the baby Obama smile?

The mentally unstable are easily manipulated, Rati.

Yeah, that is so different from government

There is a huge difference between mercifully ending someone's pain when they are terminal and killing someone because they can't fix their drinking, or can't handle leaving their apartment, or feel paranoid that everyone is out to get them and can't deal with it.

They do sex reassignment upon request and that involves a bit of blade work.

Yes, there is, but that doesn't mean government should decide what we do with our bodies and our lives

No one stopped him from jumping off a cliff if he wanted to. The issue is with it I have is that someone with government connections is the one that did it.

You consider doctors government? So who isn't government then?

In his quest for small government Marty thinks government should decide when we die. Hmm ... that isn't small government, is it?

Again, he can do it himself. When he gets someone else involved, someone with connections to the government, that should start sounding alarm bells.

The one and only thing in this world anyone has any control over is one's own existence.
If an adult can't come to grips with his own existential pain be it from addiction or abuse why can't they choose to end their lives?

Then do it yourself. don't get another actor involved, especially one that has connections to the State. Doesn't Holland have universal healthcare?

Why should someone risk bleeding out if they don't want one of their hands?

And I don't care who employs the Dr if a person wants to do pay a Dr to remove a body part then that's between him and his Dr and is none f your business

In Holland with universal healthcare, they are connected to the government.

They do sex reassignment upon request and that involves a bit of blade work.

Step right up and put your genitalia right here!

And I don't care who employs the Dr if a person wants to do pay a Dr to remove a body part then that's between him and his Dr and is none f your business

Such a person should get mental help, not cut their hand off. Same as someone who wants to die because of feels, and not a terminal painful illness.

Suicide by cop is so much more human...

Such a person should get mental help, not cut their hand off. Same as someone who wants to die because of feels, and not a terminal painful illness.

Tell us, how long have you been playing God?

That's your opinion.
Personally I don't think I have any right to tell anyone what they can or cannot do to his or her own body
Why do you feel you have the right to do so?

That makes everyone in Holland government. How does government deciding to socialize your ass mean a small government conservative thinks they own all of you?

I don't get how anyone can support legalized killing by a medical professional of someone who is not going to die anyway soon, and is in pain and/or suffering.

The whole idea of allowable euthanasia was that the person was going to die soon anyway. These people are not terminal, they could be helped, even if it took years to do.

Was it? Was he mentally competent to make such a choice? How hard would it be for a person to convince you that because Hillary lost, you have no chance at a happy life? What if they told you that your death would make the baby Obama smile?

The mentally unstable are easily manipulated, Rati.

Yeah, that is so different from government

I'm not sure I follow your point?

That's your opinion.
Personally I don't think I have any right to tell anyone what they can or cannot do to his or her own body
Why do you feel you have the right to do so?

What i care about is that someone who is supposed to help a person's well being is allowed to kill them over mental issues.

That makes everyone in Holland government. How does government deciding to socialize your ass mean a small government conservative thinks they own all of you?

No, it makes medical professionals government related, not government.

Forum List

Back