Dwayne Haskins dead

Couchpotato

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2021
Dwayne Haskins was hit by a car and killed while training with fellow Steelers QBs in South Florida. Sad day.

Prayers to the family. RIP Dwayne.

Colin Kaepernick should take note. He might think about moving to Pittsburgh , which now has 2 openings for QB available, both a backup and starting job.

RIP Dwayne. You might have been great. Now how long will it be before some Democrat blames DeSantis for this tragic accident?

Dwayne Haskins was hit by a car and killed while training with fellow Steelers QBs in South Florida. Sad day.

What a shame. He was a major talent at Ohio State. RIP

Rooney's dislike showboaters.
I've been a Steeler fan my whole life and while the Steelers aren't the biggest "offenders" in that category it's also true that they've had their fair share. Haskin's issues were off the field dealing with fame and money more than on the field anyway.

And it seemed as though he was figuring it out as a young man after some early struggles in Washington. Sucks.

Read an article this AM from a Steeler's site, listed on my news feed, about his viability being in jeopardy QBwise, scroll down a couple more stories and bam, he'd dead.
Wow

I've been a Steeler fan my whole life and while the Steelers aren't the biggest "offenders" in that category it's also true that they've had their fair share. Haskin's issues were off the field dealing with fame and money more than on the field anyway.

I was referring to Kaepernick. If you note, most ,if not all of the showboater's don't last too long here.

What a shame. He was a major talent at Ohio State. RIP

Seriously. The guy looked to be a superstar in college, but things never panned out with the Redskins, allegedly for a lack of focus or seriousness, then Pittsburgh picked him up last year and he was talked about as being the potential #1 replacement for Roethlisberger, which this season now looked to be his golden opportunity to prove himself for, if not as the starter, maybe as #1 backup.

Now I wonder how the car hit him, did he run out in front of it or was the driver negligent?

Sad ending to a life and promising career; this now all but assures Rudolph as the starter this year for the Steelers, a QB who despite playing on par with or better than Big Ben, fans just don't seem to want to get behind, with Trubisky as his back-up.

I grew up during the "Steel Curtain" days. I watched the Steelers as much as any pro team. I usually pick which pro team to root for by which has my fav former Crimson Tide players. Pittsburgh has Najee Harris and Minkah Fitzpatrick. Both major talents.

It is tough for many young players to deal with the sudden wealth of the NFL.

Sorry to hear that. Pedestrians and cars don't mix. This morning here in CA the traffic info signs say "Watch out for pedestrians"
Deaths are way up due to this problem. 20% higher.

Seriously. The guy looked to be a superstar in college, but things never panned out with the Redskins, allegedly for a lack of focus or seriousness, then Pittsburgh picked him up last year and he was talked about as being the potential #1 replacement for Roethlisberger, which this season now looked to be his golden opportunity to prove himself for, if not as the starter, maybe as #1 backup.

Now I wonder how the car hit him, did he run out in front of it or was the driver negligent?

Sad ending to a life and promising career; this now all but assures Rudolph as the starter this year for the Steelers, a QB who despite playing on par with or better than Big Ben, fans just don't seem to want to get behind, with Trubisky as his back-up.

Rudolph has to beat out Trublisky..

How does a grown ass man get hit by a car

Steelers QB Dwayne Haskins dies after being hit by car

Curt Popejoy

Sat, April 9, 2022, 11:05 AM·1 min read

According to ESPN reporter Adam Schefter, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins has died at the age of 24 after being hit by a car in south Florida. This information came to Schefter per Haskins’ agent Cedric Saunders.

Haskins joined the Steelers before the 2021 season and looked to be in the mix to battle for the starting quarterback job this season after the retirement of Ben Roethlisberger.

Sad news.

Forum List

Back