Dylann Roof convicted of killing church goers

That's your rhetorical misrepresentation.

You are arguing with yourself.

Coward.
Dude, for someone who loves to claim others are too emotionally invested in this topic, you are obviously overly emotional about this topic.
Divine.Wind your reasons are your own emotional responses.

They do not outweigh in any way the "reasons" of others who DO support capital punishment.

It is simply a numbers game.

In Texas (your state) there are more people who disagree with you.

Without majority rule we would have anarchy.
The love or hate of capital punishment is simply an emotional response by different peoples.

Divine.Wind since you are in Texas you live in a State where the People execute more felons than any other state. You should move to California where this issue is more of a close call, then your vote and your rhetoric would count. In Texas it won't. You are outnumbered there.
In my opinion, using mistakes as an excuse to prohibit capital punishment is a rhetorical emotional argument against justice.

We should try not to make mistakes.

But mistakes will always happen.

You said his reason for attacking others was right. What more "appropriate target" would you suggest? An aircraft carrier? Fort Hood like Major Hasan? Congress?
None of the above. But I can think of a few which I discreetly decline to list here.
Remember Joseph Stack? Was he right to attack the Austin, TX IRS building?
No. Because there were innocent respondents in that building at the time.
Now changing what people post. How leftist of you.

[...]

McVeigh and Roof seem to have this death wish mentality.

And to achieve their death wish they each killed a lot of innocent people.

These mass killers deserve to die and anyone not manly enough to execute them is a coward.
There is absolutely no comparison in either the personal characters or the motivations of Tim McVeigh and Dylan Roof. While I do not approve of what McVeigh did I do understand his motive and I share the outrage that drove him.

[...]

McVeigh and Roof seem to have this death wish mentality.

And to achieve their death wish they each killed a lot of innocent people.

These mass killers deserve to die and anyone not manly enough to execute them is a coward.
There is absolutely no comparison in either the personal characters or the motivations of Tim McVeigh and Dylan Roof. While I do not approve of what McVeigh did I do understand his motive and I share the outrage that drove him.
Wow.

Would you have co-conspired with him too ??

That's your rhetorical misrepresentation.

You are arguing with yourself.

Coward.
Dude, for someone who loves to claim others are too emotionally invested in this topic, you are obviously overly emotional about this topic.
Divine.Wind your reasons are your own emotional responses.

They do not outweigh in any way the "reasons" of others who DO support capital punishment.

It is simply a numbers game.

In Texas (your state) there are more people who disagree with you.

Without majority rule we would have anarchy.
The love or hate of capital punishment is simply an emotional response by different peoples.

Divine.Wind since you are in Texas you live in a State where the People execute more felons than any other state. You should move to California where this issue is more of a close call, then your vote and your rhetoric would count. In Texas it won't. You are outnumbered there.
In my opinion, using mistakes as an excuse to prohibit capital punishment is a rhetorical emotional argument against justice.

We should try not to make mistakes.

But mistakes will always happen.
Ethics is always emotional.

If you murder you should die.

I oppose the death penalty too.
I think life imprisonment works very well. There's no need in peacetime to have death penalty :)

Agreed. There are two logical reasons and one emotional reason to have the death penalty.

1) "Rabid dog". A vicious, murderous criminal who constantly presents a dangers to others should be put down for the safety of everyone.

2) Cost effectiveness. It's cheaper to kill them than keep them under constant guard for the rest of their lives.

3) Revenge. People want someone to pay for a crime and they don't care if it's an innocent one or a guilty one.

Wow.

Would you have co-conspired with him too ??
Roof's action was driven by extreme psychopathology, evidenced by the fact that there is no rational basis for the motivation he's described, which is racial intolerance. But to do what McVeigh did calls for two complementary frames of mind; an overwhelming state of rage against some real and identifiable injustice -- and a sense of personal hopelessness.

In simple terms, according to the forensic psychiatrist who examined McVeigh, he suffered from a severe case of PTSD. He believed he had nothing to live for and he believed the BATF should not go unpunished for what they did at Waco. Two psychological components which are volatile when combined.

To answer your question; I do not suffer from PTSD. I have plenty to live for -- and I believe the way to deal with BATF is to punish those responsible for the raid, then disband that agency, because it obviously does more harm than good.

So, no. I would not have conspired with McVeigh. But I do understand what motivated him.

Dylann Roof convicted in Charleston church massacre

He's been found guilty. Hopefully he can avoid the death penalty.

I am not good at english ,who can do me a favor ,sent this letter to president donold trump,t can not ...save the taiwan
论台湾实际拥有核打击能力的紧迫性和必要性
大多数大陆人认为, 台湾必须尽快拥有对大陆沿海14个省24个直辖市的核打击能力。如果台湾被大陆攻占,最终中国将被俄罗斯人肢解(长城以北)和吞并(黄河以南)。
先说必要性:1 部分或全面战争是大陆独裁政权与欧美民主社会斗争的不可回避的终极阶段,让台湾实际用有核打击能力是国内外民主力量以最小代价赢得最大效果的捷径,因为大陆当局走民主的可能性根本不存在。
2对大陆政治的统治集团内部产生离心力,对其国际政治扩张形成一定压力,促其内部政治该弦。 3 对大陆以东南沿海房地产为主的经济给予致命打击。 4 对大陆国内各阶层矛盾起到激化和发酵 ,将老百姓根本利益与当局剥离对立。 5 对大陆军事形成较长时间无法超越的制衡,同时令其外交陷入窘境,发展道一定情况,大陆当局会主动请国际介入。 6 对国内民主力量的鼓舞,大陆人都知道台湾拥有核武器,才会真切的关心政治,尤其是两岸政治,不再做吃了就睡的猪。
最重要的是紧迫性:目前大陆当局对台湾在拥有并亮出核武器前而发动对台湾进攻的可能性在高速膨胀,已超过台湾拥有并亮出核武器后刺激大陆采取军事进攻台湾的风险。事实上大陆已认定台湾拥有核武器,在其亮出核武器前攻占台湾,比其亮出核武器,引发大规模民众恐慌后再攻占台湾而负担的麻烦及风险小的多。

外交辞令:中国是有核国家,台湾是中国一部分,自然也应该有核武器。台湾核武器属台湾自制。

Forum List

Back