Eating catfish is just as sinful as homosexuality

I did NOT tell you that you were going to hell....that's not up to me. If you think God doesn't exist, why does this bother you?

I just know where you get off calling homosexuality an "abomination". You don't know me. I have had a number of single heterosexual friends who wish they were as lucky in love as I am.

I didn't call it an abomination...GOD did! Read the Bible! You can make excuses all you want, doesn't matter to me, but it matters to God. How can you read the passage below and not SEE that God is saying it's immoral? Just because you're in a relationship with another woman?? Homosexuality includes men AND women...You're only decieving yourself by denying it....

1 Corinthians 6 TNIV - Lawsuits Among Believers If any of you - Bible Gateway

All catfish eaters will burn in hell!

The homosexuality issue is the one time a lot of christians ignore the "What would Jesus do?" line.

He certainly never attacked gays or the act of being gay, and I know a lot of his messages about loving your fellow human, loving your neighbor, even loving your enemy if you're a gay hating bigot, like my signature shows.

Would you please list: book, chapter, and verse where Yeshua told someone: by all means continue to sin, it will be okay, Dad won't be mad at all.

Yeshua did the opposite. The ONLY time you saw Him angry in the Gospels was when the money changers and cons where in His Father's house. Did He leave them alone, or did He run them out? What did he tell the adulterous woman after He convinced the men they weren't without sin to be casting stones? Did He tell her, just keep on having immoral sex? Or did He tell her to STOP THAT?

Oh, please, please answer with Biblical passages, showing that Yeshua ignored sin!!!

You do know that catfish have terrible spines that would cause serious damage...

Just surprising that an issue that's so important to a lot of christians is something Jesus didn't even waste 5 minutes on.

If it's in the Old Testament only I dunno why it's a big deal, the Old Testament says rape victims have to marry their rapist, christians certainly don't take that seriously. Seems the new testament deals with sodomy more than specifically being gay, and if that's the issue than lesbians are a-ok to your God and a lot of straight people are in trouble.

Corinthians IS the New Testament...it's in both the old and new, so it still very important.

and every site I look says there are different meanings for the translations to the verses that supposed talk down being gay. Here's a site that addresses the Corinthians verses, among others.

Gay Christadelphians: 1 Corinthians & 1 Timothy

"The correct translation of these words is highly debated, and there is no consensus among Bible translators. Malakos is translated as "effeminate" (King James Version, American Standard Version), "pervert" (Contemporary English Version), "male prostitutes" (New Revised Standard Version), and even "the self-indulgent" (New Jerusalem Bible). In the NIV, arsenokoites is translated as "homosexual offenders" in 1 Corinthians but as "perverts" in 1 Timothy. As it is possible to be a heterosexual pervert, these English terms are clearly two different things. Other translations for arsenokoites include "homosexuals" (New American Standard Bible, New Living Translation), and "sodomites" (New Revised Standard Version, New King James Version). Some translations translate malakos and arsenokoites as one word or phrase, such as "men who practise homosexuality" (English Standard Version), "homosexual perverts" (Good News Bible), or "sexual perverts" (Revised English Bible, Revised Standard Version (2nd Edition)).

When translators cannot agree on the general meaning of a Greek word, it is a sign of their uncertainty. These verses are important for Christadelphians when thinking about same-sex relationships, so it is very important to look at these words as carefully as we can."

Yeshua probably did not spend a lot of time "listing sins". The Hebrews knew what the sins were (they broke all of them and were periodically punished by the Lord for doing so).

Their "traditions" interferred with the will of the Lord. Yeshua mentions that. His time here was to tell us how things had "changed": no longer would a person be responsible for the sins of their ancestors (the Caananite woman showed that), the Lord would be written onto every heart so that "religious instruction" would not be needed (those that thirst for knowledge still seek knowledge), the 10 Commandments were "simplified", and eternal life was available to any willing to reach for it. Yeshua lumped what we consider "crimes" in with what we would consider "smaller" sins. He told us, in the eyes of the Lord they were all sins; He did not place them with any priority. Immoral sexual behavior (includes heterosexuals as well as bi-sexual, and homosexual behavior) was on His list, not our list.

Why do people that think it is okay to declare lying, coveting, stealing (kidnapping), murdering, real sins accept immoral sexual behavior is sinful, UNLESS it is including homosexual behavior? I don't get it. All of us sin, but only the homosexual activists want to declare their actions not sinful (by what authority, the Lord, the LORD declared it sinful, what human has the ability to nullify the Lord's Word?)

I just know where you get off calling homosexuality an "abomination". You don't know me. I have had a number of single heterosexual friends who wish they were as lucky in love as I am.

I didn't call it an abomination...GOD did! Read the Bible! You can make excuses all you want, doesn't matter to me, but it matters to God. How can you read the passage below and not SEE that God is saying it's immoral? Just because you're in a relationship with another woman?? Homosexuality includes men AND women...You're only decieving yourself by denying it....

I wisely avoid the bible. I don't believe in your god or the abomination label. What is abominating to me, is Christian Africans calling for the execution of gay people. That is serious evil.

Question, why didn't you mention the "muslims" that ARE executing gay people?

The Bible has been trnaslated so many times over the years and it was men that did the translating.
This "inspired by and spoken to by God" BS that I hear concerning the many scribes that translated the King James version is laughable.
Ordinary men, with their bias', marching orders of the day and conflicting text to conversion all contributed to the translations.
Bottom line there is nothing wrong with gay folk. Anyone that quotes 2000 year old Jewish customs is just a little kooky but we all know the real reason they do it and it has nothing to do with the Bible.
They look down on gays the same way blacks and others were and have always have been looked down upon.
Some folks have to condemn somebody, anybody just to make them feel better about themselves.
The sick part about it is they claim their religion forces them to.

So, you don't have the guts to call the Lord a liar, but continue to bear false witness, against Him? Immoral sexual behavior is a sin, same as "bearing false witness", or coveting, or any of the more serious sins. You are a person, you have no, NO authority to declare a behavior the Lord declared "sinful", not so. Please quit lying to people.

I wisely avoid the bible. I don't believe in your god or the abomination label. What is abominating to me, is Christian Africans calling for the execution of gay people. That is serious evil.

Why should I? Everyone knows about the muslims, few know the christians want the same thing.

The Bible has been trnaslated so many times over the years and it was men that did the translating.
This "inspired by and spoken to by God" BS that I hear concerning the many scribes that translated the King James version is laughable.
Ordinary men, with their bias', marching orders of the day and conflicting text to conversion all contributed to the translations.
Bottom line there is nothing wrong with gay folk. Anyone that quotes 2000 year old Jewish customs is just a little kooky but we all know the real reason they do it and it has nothing to do with the Bible.
They look down on gays the same way blacks and others were and have always have been looked down upon.
Some folks have to condemn somebody, anybody just to make them feel better about themselves.
The sick part about it is they claim their religion forces them to.

So, you don't have the guts to call the Lord a liar, but continue to bear false witness, against Him? Immoral sexual behavior is a sin, same as "bearing false witness", or coveting, or any of the more serious sins. You are a person, you have no, NO authority to declare a behavior the Lord declared "sinful", not so. Please quit lying to people.

Exhibit A as to why more and more people are turning away from religion....

Why should I? Everyone knows about the muslims, few know the christians want the same thing.

Maybe some wacko Christians. That is not the general opinion of Christians that I know.

Everyone knows about the Muslims because they do it, and it's true.

Nobody knows about the Christians because they DON'T do it.

Maybe some wacko Christians. That is not the general opinion of Christians that I know.

Nope, because the general Christian opinion is that it is a choice, so they then tell you you have to pray for salvation via Jesus, so you can "pray away the gay".

Sorry, but you can't pray body chemistry and neural networks into something they're not.

Nope, because the general Christian opinion is that it is a choice, so they then tell you you have to pray for salvation via Jesus, so you can "pray away the gay".

Sorry, but you can't pray body chemistry and neural networks into something they're not.

If you can't "pray away the gay" go to Uganda. They have the final solution there. Compliments of Scott Lively.

For fish to be considered clean to eat they must have fins and scales. It is in Leviticus. I can't quote chapter and verse though.
the same book that says hosexuality is a sin as well.
And a sin is a sin.

Save for murder and suicide. In the gay community it's HOMOcide.:lol:

Well yeah the same is true of pork, but that rule has been repealed, the rule against homosexuality has not been repealed. How do we know? Well those are the rules.:lol:

NO pork has not. The rules still apply...sorry.:eek:

Well yeah the same is true of pork, but that rule has been repealed, the rule against homosexuality has not been repealed. How do we know? Well those are the rules.:lol:

Where in the bible was pork declared clean to eat?

I recall Jesus supposedly cast out demons from an man into some pigs.
Poor little pigs...
Maybe that was the beginnings of republicans?

It would be a great mascot. Don't forget Peter laid down the no no meat: no fish without scales, cloven hoofed animals (deer, goat, moose, etc;) PORK for they are unclean to you.

Forum List

Back