Eating catfish is just as sinful as homosexuality

Sodomy- is an "anal or other copulation-like act, especially between males or between male persons or between human being and animal," and one who practices sodomy is a "sodomite.

1 Corinthians 6:9–10 as follows:

Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers—none of these will inherit the kingdom of God.

No homosexuality is not exempt.

Sodomy is condemned.
It includes gays and straights who perform anal sex. It means any anal sex, be it man with man, women with women, men with women or men with any animals,or women with any animals.

First chapter of Romans also mentions homosexuality quite clearly.

The Gays are lying about this for their own agenda.

So you're sticking with the idea that the Bible doesn't speak against sodomy?

I'm sticking with - your straw man didn't work because the straw you used was rancid.

I'll happily prove you wrong, but I'll give you another chance to go back and admit you're wrong.

Wrong about what? The assertion YOU just assigned to me, that I didn't make?

The Bible speaks against sodomy, oral sex is sodomy.

You need to take your gripe up with merriam webster, not me.

Sodomy- is an "anal or other copulation-like act, especially between males or between male persons or between human being and animal," and one who practices sodomy is a "sodomite.

Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers—none of these will inherit the kingdom of God.

Sodomy is condemned.
It includes gays and straights who perform anal sex. It means any anal sex, be it man with man, women with women, men with women or men with any animals,or women with any animals.

Do all homosexuals engage in sodomy?

No? So homosexuality is not a sin but sodomy is?

Darn I will have to retitle my thread to Eating catfish is just a sinful as sodomy?

USCitizen.

I hate to break it to you but "sodomy" is all sex except penis/vaginal penetration. Anal Sex is sodomy, oral sex is sodomy.

So, unless homosexuals are completely celibate, they ARE engaging in Sodomy.

sod·omy

noun \ˈsä-də-mē\

Definition of SODOMY

: anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex; also: copulation with an animal

:eusa_eh:

Sodomy is condemned.

Darn I will have to retitle my thread to Eating catfish is just a sinful as sodomy?

USCitizen.

I hate to break it to you but "sodomy" is all sex except penis/vaginal penetration. Anal Sex is sodomy, oral sex is sodomy.

sod·omy

noun \ˈsä-də-mē\

Definition of SODOMY

: anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex; also: copulation with an animal

That is the modern definition.

I wonder who can demonstrate that such was the understanding back in the days of the Bible?

On the other hand, I have to admit: I don't really care all that much.

Sodomy is condemned.

USCitizen.

sod·omy

noun \ˈsä-də-mē\

Definition of SODOMY

Thank you for illustrating my point tea party.

I assume from now on those who speak against homosexuality on this board will spend the same amount of time speaking out against straights performing oral sex.

Hell sure is gonna be crowded!!! :lol:

Jesus not Hating on things doesn't make them Suddenly OK...

He didn't Hate on Dog Fucking, did he?...

Must be OK then, Correct?...

Do you Think ANY Point you've Attempted to make was a good one so far?...

:)

peace...

As long as we're in total agreement that Jesus never stated any issue or gave any inkling whatsoever that homosexuality was immoral on any level, than we're good.

Thank you

I ADDRESSED THIS, OH ONE WHO IS READING COMPREHENSION CHALLENGED!

I have delt with people like this before. Most are homosexuals who claim to be "Christians."

They claim that Jesus himself never mentioned homosexualty, thus it is not a sin.

Quite erroneous for several reasons.

For one, Jesus didn't HAVE to mention homosexuality.

Jesus preached to JEWS during his lifetime. His sermons, his debates, and the religious questioning from Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes, Lawyers (etc) were all from and for JEWS (the only exception may be the Herodians, since Herod himself was an Idumean)

Thus, the subject of homosexuality never came up, BECAUSE IT WAS A SETTLED MATTER. No one questioned Jesus on homosexuality, because no one had to. Everyone knew the answer to that issue.

Leviticus 18 made it very clear homosexuality was not only a sin, BUT an abomination. Jesus confirmed the validity of the law to his Jewish audience, which includes Leviticus 18.

Quote:
Matthew 5:18 King James Version

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Can you imagine Jesus up and telling Jews that he was for gay marriage? He would have been stoned to death on the spot!

Get real people! You know what I'm saying is true!

Thus, the question of homosexuality is NEVER broached until the first Chapter of Romans.

Why you may ask! Why is homosexuality never mentioned (in the NT) until the first Chapter of Romans? The answer is to that is very easy to understand.

While Jesus' audience were Jews, who were debating points of the law, Paul (who wrote Romans) was bringing Christianity to PAGANS.

Although, there was NO QUESTION that homosexuality was verboten in Jewish Law, homosexuality was quite common in many pagan socities like Greece and Rome. (Indeed, people engaged in these pagan practices in the OT were called the "sodomites.")

Thus, right off the bat, Paul makes it clear to new Christian converts from the pagan cultures (that comprised the Roman Empire) that these sexual practices were a sin.

Thus, the erroneous notion that, since Jesus didn't mention homosexuality, homosexuality isn't a sin, is just a another way the PC crowd tries to rationalize their way around the Bible.

It's not based on fact, it's based on ignorance and lies.

It's as simple as that.

Jesus spoke about murder, divorce, anger and adultery in Matthew and many other sins of the time.
In the Bible.
By your way of thinking murder was not a "settled" sin.
Paul was speaking to the Jews, not the Romans, in Corinthians.
Since Jesus spoke about many other sins why is it "erroneous" that he never mentioned homosexuality?
That opinion makes no sense. Jesus mentioned MANY sins.
But never homosexuality. Ever.
Jesus preached blessings to those that THE JEWS LOOKED DOWN UPON.
In Matthew 5 Jesus commends, brings blessings and praises those that the Jews look down upon.
And you claim that homosexuals were not looked down upon by the Jews?
Jesus in Mark addresses the weaknesses and fallacies of the Jewish laws in the Judaistic system.
Early on in Jesus' ministry he began to butt heads with the Jewish rabbis over the religous law. One case in point is the Sabbath. The Pharrisses stated that Jesus was soft on the law. Why is it that Jesus worked on the Sabbath and disobeyed that law? How could that be? Pharrisses looked at Jesus as a law breaker.
Jesus gave us the proper interpretaion of moral law. Homosexuality is not in it.
Where is it in the 10 commandments?
Jesus laid out the law and labeled the Jewish law as "law in it's perversions". Imagine that.

All through the Bible Jesus speaks about the law and his interpretation of it and the moral codes he sets down. Best example was Jesus was soft on adultery according to Jewish law. They demanded women be stoned to death. Jesus did not do that and he spoke about that sin and others.
No where did he mention homosexuality. Claims that he had a "done deal" with that are without any fact or foundation anywhere in the Bible as the Bible is full of Jesus speaking of what he believed was sin.

Last edited:

USCitizen.

sod·omy

noun \ˈsä-də-mē\

Definition of SODOMY

I assume from now on those who speak against homosexuality on this board will spend the same amount of time speaking out against straights performing oral sex.

Oh blow me.

(j/k)

Damn, this is so easy it is unreal.
The Bible lists 667 sins and does not distinguish between them like you do mal. The penalty for lust is death in the Bible.
Homosexuality is listed as sin the same as the 7 "deadly sins": greed, envy, pride, wrath/anger, lust gluttony and sloth.
I am sure you treat the sin of gluttony the same as you do homosexuality mal.
Of course it is the Old Testament that lists most of these sins. New Testament does not mention homosexuality at all.
And most of these sins are Jewish law. We do not go by religous law in this country.
Something about the United States Constitution.
You need to read Romans 14:4 10, Mark 9:42, Acts 21:28, Numbers 14:2-3, 16:3 mal. Get back to us when you have mastered that.
Matthew said it best: It is a sin to think evil against any of God's children.
Luke got it right: It is a sin to despise your neighbor.

THE NEW TESTAMENT DOES MENTION HOMOSEXUALITY!!!!!!!

Why do you libs keep lying about this!

Romans 1 King James Version (KJV)

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

All of that refers to HOMOSEXUALITY. I already addressed this over and over and YET you lying libs insist on repeating the same lies.

As for the wages of sin:

Romans 6:23 King James Version (KJV)

23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The PENALTY FOR EVERY SIN IS DEATH. That's why Jesus died for us. Because God doesn't differentiate between sins.

You are confusing how God treats sin, and the laws he set up for a civil Hebrew Society through the Mosaic Law.

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

You speak ONLY OF YOUR OWN IGNORANCE and prejudice regarding the Bible, NOT from any knowlege.

I own 3 corporations and have voted Republican for 40 years.
I can always tell when you have ZERO confidence in your argument.
You call everyone a "lib" that disagrees with you.

Sodomy is condemned.

Sodomy may be a sin to you....then don't do it. But do NOT create CIVIL laws forcing your sin/no sin beliefs on other law-abiding, tax-paying adults. If it does not hurt others or their rights....it's NONE of your business.

Okay that's stupid.

I also think fornication is a sin. I'm not going to create laws against it.

OR adultery, etc.

We are NOT talking about laws. We are talking about what is considered a sin in the Bible.

Next you will claim we are, because of "gay marriage" blah blah blah.

Sorry, but it is not Christians forcing a change to any laws, IT'S THE GAYS.

Gay marriage has never existed the HISTORY of the world. Go back to Ancient cultures. Look at Greece where homosexuality was touted and encouraged. THERE WAS NEVER A THOUGHT OF MARRIAGE.

As a matter of fact the "normal" relationship in ancient Greece was pedophilia. YES, that's true. Look it up. Pedophilia. Guess where the word pederasty comes from. Bingo! Greece! It means quite literally "love of boys."

That's how it worked most of the times in Greece (for example, cultures like Sparta) An older man, preying on a young boy, and we he got tired of him and wanted another young boy, er I mean decided the boy was ready to "move on," he would find a wife for the "youth." THEN the boy would be married. But it was always to a WOMAN, not another guy.

It's gays who are trying to FORCE LAWS on us, changing the concept of marriage to something that HAS NEVER EXISTED.

Marriage is an institution for raising a family (and just because some couples can't have children doesn't change that. There are always exceptions to the rule, that doesn't CHANGE the rule)

I don't care how you cut it, the ONLY institution were you create a child IS A MAN AND A WOMAN. -- PERIOD!

USCitizen.

Oh blow me.

(j/k)

Lol well played

Actually the definition of Sodomy is:
Merriam-Webster
Definition of SODOMY
: anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex;
So actually any husband that has ever gotten a hummer from his wife is a sodomite.

>>>>>

Except for one thing!

Hebrews 13:4 King James Version

4Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

In other words, just like Vegas, what happens between a married man and a married woman, stays between them. Their bed is undefiled.

Sodomy applies to those outside marriage.

Sodomy is condemned.

Sodomy may be a sin to you....then don't do it. But do NOT create CIVIL laws forcing your sin/no sin beliefs on other law-abiding, tax-paying adults. If it does not hurt others or their rights....it's NONE of your business.

Okay that's stupid.

OR adultery, etc.

We are NOT talking about laws. We are talking about what is considered a sin in the Bible.

Gay marriage has never existed the HISTORY of the world. Go back to Ancient cultures. Look at Greece where homosexuality was touted and encouraged. THERE WAS NEVER A THOUGHT OF MARRIAGE.

As a matter of fact the "normal" relationship in ancient Greece was pedophilia. YES, that's true. Look it up. Pedophilia. Guess where the word pederasty comes from. Bingo! Greece! It means quite literally "love of boys."

That's how it worked most of the times in Greece (for example, cultures like Sparta) An older man, preying on a young boy, and we he got tired of him and wanted another young boy, er I mean decided the boy was ready to "move on," he would find a wife for the "youth." THEN the boy would be married. But it was always to a WOMAN, not another guy.

It's gays who are trying to FORCE LAWS on us, changing the concept of marriage to something that HAS NEVER EXISTED.

Marriage is an institution for raising a family (and just because some couples can't have children doesn't change that. There are always exceptions to the rule, that doesn't CHANGE the rule)

I don't care how you cut it, the ONLY institution were you create a child IS A MAN AND A WOMAN. -- PERIOD!
If same sex marriage didn't exist, why did the Christians feel the need to outlaw it and make it punishable by death around the year 300?

That sure sounds like Christians forcing laws to me.

Therefore the only problem God must have with homosexuals is anal sex.

As long as homosexuals are married to each other and don't engage in anal sex they have God's blessing.

How in the FUCK would any Thinking Person Conclude such an Absurd thing?...

Good Jebus Loard almighty...

You are one Stupid Motherfucker, Ravi... :thup:

:)

peace...
It's quite easy. The passages from the bible that have been posted have God being against men having anal sex.

There is nothing in the bible about oral sex.

There is nothing in the bible about what married couples can do.

In other words, anal sex is forbidden. Sex outside of marriage is forbidden.

The bible is pretty clear.

btw, homosexuality among Christians wasn't made illegal until 390 A.D.

Sigh, UNTRUE!

I have posted over and over and over, Romans 1 right off the bat, forbids homosexuality.

Romans 1 King James Version

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Actually the definition of Sodomy is:
Merriam-Webster
Definition of SODOMY
: anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex;
So actually any husband that has ever gotten a hummer from his wife is a sodomite.

>>>>>

Except for one thing!

4Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

In other words, just like Vegas, what happens between a married man and a married woman, stays between them. Their bed is undefiled.

Sodomy applies to those outside marriage.
So then why do you spend so much time denying gays the sacrament of marriage? If gays are married, sodomy laws and God's wrath would not apply to them.

I'm not Biblical Expert (God knows), but the last time I read it (not all of it, so maybe I missed the blue material?), the bible said ZERO about oral sex between husband and wife.

In fact, if somebody were to claim anything to the contrary, many would find it hard to swallow.

Therefore the only problem God must have with homosexuals is anal sex.

As long as homosexuals are married to each other and don't engage in anal sex they have God's blessing.

That's one possible interpretation. Divorced from the words of the argument and the Bible.

But I dunno.

I'm not only not a Biblical Expert or particularly religious, but as I understand it, the Bible refers to men "laying" with men.

I guess I could Google it to refine the answer. But ... nah.

Anybody could do that.

(whimper)

Romans 1, it's in Romans 1.

Romans 1 King James Version

USCitizen.

sod·omy

noun \ˈsä-də-mē\

Definition of SODOMY

I wonder who can demonstrate that such was the understanding back in the days of the Bible?

That's not a modern definition. The word sodomy, after all comes from SODDOM AND GOMMORAH!

Soddomites in the OT, is about homsexuals.

Sodomy is condemned.

Okay that's stupid.

OR adultery, etc.

I always appreciate people making my case for me. Let's talk about Adultery.

It's one of the BIGGIES in the 10 Commandments....but Adulterers are allowed to marry...and marry...and marry.

People even got killed (ok, women got killed)for Adultery....but there is no DOMA for Adulterers.

There are most likely MORE adulterers in the country than there are gay people....but no religious effort to deprive Adulterers of the rights of marriage.

Adultery is, without a doubt, a CHOICE....but again, no state propositions to take away the right of Adulterers to marry or have children.

Adultery destroys the sanctity of marriage on a daily basis in ALL states...but no one is doing a damn thing to legally put curbs on it.

USCitizen.

That's not a modern definition. The word sodomy, after all comes from SODDOM AND GOMMORAH!

Soddomites in the OT, is about homsexuals.

Gomorrah must have been the Lesbians.....no sodomy there by some of your selective definitions.

USCitizen.

sod·omy

noun \ˈsä-də-mē\

Definition of SODOMY

No sorry because Hebrews make it clear that the marriage bed is clean, undefiled. In other words, what's between a MARRIED MAN AND WOMAN is "undefiled."

Sodomy refers to practices OUTSIDE OF THE BOUNDS OF A MARRIED MAN AND WOMAN.

Drock you guys might as well give up. I know the Bible inside and out AND YOU GUYS OBVIOUSLY DON'T.

The ignorance I see here is appalling. Don't ANY of you even READ the Bible before pretending you know about it?

USCitizen.

No sorry because Hebrews make it clear that the marriage bed is clean, undefiled. In other words, what's between a MARRIED MAN AND WOMAN is "undefiled."

Sodomy refers to practices OUTSIDE OF THE BOUNDS OF A MARRIED MAN AND WOMAN.

Drock you guys might as well give up. I know the Bible inside and out AND YOU GUYS OBVIOUSLY DON'T.

The ignorance I see here is appalling. Don't ANY of you even READ the Bible before pretending you know about it?

That's your interpretation, sounds wrong to me but hey it's your interpretation.

Fine I'll play by your rules, in your interpretation it's an immoral sin for unmarried straight people to engage in oral sex?

Again if you think that you've got a looooooooot of preaching to do to straight people as well about sex, not just gays. There's a lot more straight oral sex happening in america now than gay sex.

Forum List

Back