Eating catfish is just as sinful as homosexuality

You are trying to use one part ogf the bible to overrule a part you do not like/agree with.
Hence rationalization.

If you are "forgiven". You are given the Lord's grace to overcome. You are not the same person that made the same mistakes. In many cases, people marry without inviting the Lord into their relationship. Once that marriage fails, they embrace the Lord and His ways; they are no longer the same person.

I did not say that is how it always works. You asked how someone that was divorced could be re-married. I explained how it could work in Christianity. In the NT, the disciples were given the power to forgive sins. A person that is cleansed of their sins, is not the same person that has given themselves over to temptation and ignores the ways of the Lord. They are still responsible for the decisions/choices they made in the past, but in the eyes of the Lord, they are "clean from sin", and can start, fresh.

Bullshit. Your religion rejects and discriminates against gays. You say a gay can be Christian if he or she is celibate and leaves their spouse or partner.

YOUR code of "sexual ethics" is skewed in favor of heterosexuals.

Loving someone faithfully for 26 years is not a sin. It's beautiful.

So just keep being forgiven and sinnin?

Homosexuals can be Christian...

They just have to Acknowlege that in Christianity that the Defiance of God's Natural Design is an Abomination and stop doing it.

Otherwise, find a Faith that Embraces the Deliberate Deviation from what Creates us. :thup:

:(

peace...

Nope, homosexuals CAN NOT be Christian, unless they agree to forsake their loved ones and remain celibate.

There are many Christian sects that accept gays as full fledged Christians, Sky.

You are trying to use one part ogf the bible to overrule a part you do not like/agree with.
Hence rationalization.

If you are "forgiven". You are given the Lord's grace to overcome. You are not the same person that made the same mistakes. In many cases, people marry without inviting the Lord into their relationship. Once that marriage fails, they embrace the Lord and His ways; they are no longer the same person.

I did not say that is how it always works. You asked how someone that was divorced could be re-married. I explained how it could work in Christianity. In the NT, the disciples were given the power to forgive sins. A person that is cleansed of their sins, is not the same person that has given themselves over to temptation and ignores the ways of the Lord. They are still responsible for the decisions/choices they made in the past, but in the eyes of the Lord, they are "clean from sin", and can start, fresh.

Bullshit. Your religion rejects and discriminates against gays. You say a gay can be Christian if he or she is celibate and leaves their spouse or partner.

His religous beliefs, which I adamantly disagree with but support his right to have them, but not his religion.
We have 110 churches in Georgia from almost all Chritsian denominations that do not believe homosexuality is a sin.
And growing.

They just have to Acknowlege that in Christianity that the Defiance of God's Natural Design is an Abomination and stop doing it.

Otherwise, find a Faith that Embraces the Deliberate Deviation from what Creates us. :thup:

peace...

Nope, homosexuals CAN NOT be Christian, unless they agree to forsake their loved ones and remain celibate.

There are many Christian sects that accept gays as full fledged Christians, Sky.

They aren't Christian... Either the Sects or the Homosexuals... Unless they are Calling Homosexuality a Sin and Trying to not be Active in the Sin and Abomination, as the Christian Bible calls it 100% of the time God References it. :thup:

:)

peace...

His religous beliefs, which I adamantly disagree with but support his right to have them, but not his religion.
We have 110 churches in Georgia from almost all Chritsian denominations that do not believe homosexuality is a sin.
And growing.

They they are Misrepresenting God's Word and View that Homosexuality is Sin and Abomination.

and if any man shall take away from the words of the book...

Careful with that...

peace...

They aren't Christian... Either the Sects or the Homosexuals... Unless they are Calling Homosexuality a Sin and Trying to not be Active in the Sin and Abomination, as the Christian Bible calls it 100% of the time God References it. :thup:

peace...

Now we have someone telling us who is a Christian and who isn't.
So the 300 members of my church are not Christians.
And the 110 churches in Georgia that accept homosexuals as not sinful be they Methodist, Episcopal, Catholic, Baptist and others are not Christian.
Thanks GOD a/k/a mal.
We didn't know that and appreciate your insight. We thought following Christ and being Christlike in our journey was Christian. Great to know.
You are THE Ayatollah of ROCK AND ROLLA.

So just keep being forgiven and sinnin?

peace...

Question for you...........if God is love like you Christians want us to believe, why would He require us to forsake another human being?

And growing.

They they are Misrepresenting God's Word and View that Homosexuality is Sin and Abomination.

Careful with that...

peace...

Maybe you should have warned the Niecine council before they came up with the KJV of the Bible about taking away stuff.

I mean shit.........MOST of the current Bible is heavily edited.

And then, there's the new translations that keep coming out from supposedly "good" Christians.

peace...

Question for you...........if God is love like you Christians want us to believe, why would He require us to forsake another human being?

Why did God refer to Homosexuality as an Abomination and Sin 100% of the time in the Bible?...

Why did his Son Define Marriage VERY Specifically as a Man and Woman becoming One Flesh?...

Why is Every Homosexual Capable of Reflecting that Natural Design, yet they Choose not to?...

The Problem isn't with God and his Design, or Nature and it's Design, if you are not about God...

The Problem is with those who Choose to Defy and then go that extra Step to Demand Validation for thier Choice.

It's one thing to be Left alone in a Society, it's another to try to Change Laws to the Absurd, or to Demand that a Church Ingore it's own Teachings and Embrace something it simply can't Honestly Embrace.

peace...

And growing.

Careful with that...

peace...

Maybe you should have warned the Niecine council before they came up with the KJV of the Bible about taking away stuff.

And then, there's the new translations that keep coming out from supposedly "good" Christians.

Homosexuality is Sin and Abomination 100% of the time it's Reference in EVERY Version...

Find another Faith, ABS. :thup:

peace...

Why did God refer to Homosexuality as an Abomination and Sin 100% of the time in the Bible?...

Why did his Son Define Marriage VERY Specifically as a Man and Woman becoming One Flesh?...

Why is Every Homosexual Capable of Reflecting that Natural Design, yet they Choose not to?...

The Problem isn't with God and his Design, or Nature and it's Design, if you are not about God...

The Problem is with those who Choose to Defy and then go that extra Step to Demand Validation for thier Choice.

It's one thing to be Left alone in a Society, it's another to try to Change Laws to the Absurd, or to Demand that a Church Ingore it's own Teachings and Embrace something it simply can't Honestly Embrace.

peace...

* Of 32,000 verses in the Bible, only five directly mention homosexuality.
* The Qur'an only directly mentions homosexuality once.
* Leviticus, the book of the Bible which stipulates death for homosexuality, requires the same punishment for adultery, pre-marital sex, disobedient children and blasphemy.
* The Biblical Jesus does not condemn homosexuality.
* The destruction of the Biblical city of Sodom was due to their mistreatment of strangers.
* The Bible never condemns same sex marriage.
* The Biblical David and Jonathan had a formal same-sex union.
* 'Traditional marriage' in the Bible includes polygamy.
* No known sacred text forbids same sex marriage.
* Very few sacred texts even mention homosexuality.
* Hindu and other far eastern sacred texts do not condemn homosexuality.
* Homosexuality is not unnatural, it is practised by hundreds of species of animals.

Internet Sacred Text Archive Home

Careful with that...

peace...

Homosexuality is Sin and Abomination 100% of the time it's Reference in EVERY Version...

Find another Faith, ABS. :thup:

peace...

I don't need to find another faith. I'm not a bigoted brainwashed Christian.

remember, you're supposed to love and accept everyone. except the people you don't like.

similarly, you're supposed to follow all the teachings of the bible. except the ones you don't like.

pork? no that doesn't count anymore because jesus died. homosexuality? no that still counts even though it is also in the old testament. why? because "those people" frighten good christian men.

this is how selective "reasoning" works. because it's selective.

peace...

Episcopalians!
And Methodists!

remember, you're supposed to love and accept everyone. except the people you don't like.

similarly, you're supposed to follow all the teachings of the bible. except the ones you don't like.

pork? no that doesn't count anymore because jesus died. homosexuality? no that still counts even though it is also in the old testament. why? because "those people" frighten good christian men.

Do you have any inkling how ignorant, bigoted, hateful and crazy you sound?

you don't read too often...... do you?

I'd rep you twice if I could. Maybe someone else that do that for me.

you don't read too often...... do you?

You're a disgusting bigot. If I said even a fraction of the crap you anti-Christian haters say only substituted *black* or *Muslim* for *christian* I'd be arrested for hate speech and racism.

I have no doubt that some Christians are genuine in their beliefs that homosexuality is a sin, that gay people can be converted, and it is their duty as Christians to convert them. I think the intent and motives of some Christians are as pure as a new snowfall.

But I think many people use religion - and its certainly not just Christians - as a way to rationalize their own squeemishness towards gay sex. Most people aren't gay. And many, if not most heterosexuals find gay sex to be - let's be honest - repulsive. But most people are decent enough to know that prejudicism towards gay people just for being gay is not right. So they rationalize their own repulsion of gay sex in more acceptable manners. And one way they do that is through religion.

However, like in the past when religion was used to reinforce other social strictures - slavery and segregation was rationalized by the churches as Jesus being white, blacks not having souls, etc. - this will eventually crumble, at least to the point whereby homosexuals are no longer denied full civil rights in society, because the march of society is towards the self-actualization of the individual.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back