'Ebola Doctor' in US hospital now

Ebola does not transmit through breath....it requires contact with blood or bodily secretions.

Transmission | Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever | CDC

I've read the same, if that is they case, why is the guy assisting him wearing a contained mask with oxygen then? When I saw it I assumed it was the doc in the self-contained mask, but it was not. I questioned it too. I am aware of how it is transmitted, just was confused by it though.

CaféAuLait;9557382 said:
Ebola does not transmit through breath....it requires contact with blood or bodily secretions.

I've read the same, if that is they case, why is the guy assisting him wearing a contained mask with oxygen then? When I saw it I assumed it was the doc in the self-contained mask, but it was not. I questioned it too. I am aware of how it is transmitted, just was confused by it though.

Ebola mutates, thus the caution.

While research continues to understand the virus better, it is known that the first incidence of the Ebola medical condition occurs due to contact with an infected animal. This occurs when birds drop fruits that are half eaten, animal fluids that are not cleaned properly from vegetation or contamination of seeds. Once a human is infected with Ebola, Ebola virus transmission occurs from direct contact or body fluids between humans. In most cases, the transmission occurs when an infected human is in the last stages of the Ebola hemorrhagic fever.

Ebola Virus Transmission - The Ebola Virus

Once again, another airbodrne strain like Reston could develop, that does cause illness in humans, or an area is cleared in the Everglades or bayous, and Ebola emerges. There is alo a US missionary about to be transoported to Emory.

Last edited:
I'd say WWIII is a greater threat.

The spread of Ebola in Africa is cultural with lack of proper facilities etc.

It would have a difficult time taking root here.

I'd say WWIII is a greater threat.

The spread of Ebola in Africa is cultural with lack of proper facilities etc.

It would have a difficult time taking root here.

Yes, unless a mutation occurs or a previously undiscovered animal carrier infects a human; still, the handling of animal remains is safer here than in Africa.

CaféAuLait;9557382 said:

While research continues to understand the virus better, it is known that the first incidence of the Ebola medical condition occurs due to contact with an infected animal. This occurs when birds drop fruits that are half eaten, animal fluids that are not cleaned properly from vegetation or contamination of seeds. Once a human is infected with Ebola, Ebola virus transmission occurs from direct contact or body fluids between humans. In most cases, the transmission occurs when an infected human is in the last stages of the Ebola hemorrhagic fever.

Once again, another airbodrne strain like Reston could develop, that does cause illness in humans, or an area is cleared in the Everglades or bayous, and Ebola emerges. There is alo a US missionary about to be transoported to Emory.

Every RNA virus mutates.

The odds of Ebola "mutating" to be airborne are about the same as HIV becoming airborne.

CaféAuLait;9557382 said:

Every RNA virus mutates.

The odds of Ebola "mutating" to be airborne are about the same as HIV becoming airborne.

Thank you; 10% of African and Asian monkeys are believed to carry the virus, I wonder if any are in US zoos.

\\Ebola: Description, Vector, Mechanisms, Symptoms, etc.

Think about it. The same bloated federal bureaucracy that inadvertently poisoned most of it's staff with anthrax when they reversed the air conditioning is now charged with containing the most volatile virus on the planet.

Think about it. The same bloated federal bureaucracy that inadvertently poisoned most of it's staff with anthrax when they reversed the air conditioning is now charged with containing the most volatile virus on the planet.

Emory University Medical is in charge, I HOPE.

Ebola is not anywhere close to being the "most volatile virus on the planet". This is nothing but fear-mongering nonsense.

Ebola is not anywhere close to being the "most volatile virus on the planet". This is nothing but fear-mongering nonsense.

Question: The Influenza outbreak 1917-1920; appeared suddenly, was quite virulent, then disappeared. Why not Ebola? Is it the animal hosts that continue to carry, yet are asymptomatic?

No cure? About 98% fatality rate? Wasn't it the Liberal establishment that defended unrestricted anonymous public homosexual sex acts while the AIDS virus was spreading and then blamed society when homosexuals and IV drug abusers were dying like flies? Apparently Ebola spreads by bodily fluids the same way but is a hundred times more dangerous.

Question: The Influenza outbreak 1917-1920; appeared suddenly, was quite virulent, then disappeared. Why not Ebola? Is it the animal hosts that continue to carry, yet are asymptomatic?

The flu (A/H1N1) hasn't "disappeared", and it's rather irrelevant anyway. I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

Last edited:

No cure? About 98% fatality rate? Wasn't it the Liberal establishment that defended unrestricted anonymous public homosexual sex acts while the AIDS virus was spreading and then blamed society when homosexuals and IV drug abusers were dying like flies? Apparently Ebola spreads by bodily fluids the same way but is a hundred times more dangerous.

This is what I mean by nonsense.

The current outbreak of Ebola has a 55% fatality rate.

Ebola is not in any way "a hundred times more dangerous" than AIDS. It's very much the other way around.

And yet.....

Dr. Margaret Chan, director-general of the World Health Organization, said the meeting in Conakry:

"If the situation continues to deteriorate, the consequences can be catastrophic in terms of lost lives but also severe socio-economic disruption and a high risk of spread to other countries," she said.

Chan emphasized Friday that the general public "is not at high risk of infection," but also said the Ebola virus should not be allowed to circulate widely.

"Constant mutation and adaptation are the survival mechanisms of viruses and other microbes," she said. "We must not give this virus opportunities to deliver more surprises."

WHO: Ebola moving faster than control efforts - Health - MSN Healthy Living

Last edited:

And yet.....

Dr. Margaret Chan, director-general of the World Health Organization, said the meeting in Conakry:

"If the situation continues to deteriorate, the consequences can be catastrophic in terms of lost lives but also severe socio-economic disruption and a high risk of spread to other countries," she said.

Chan emphasized Friday that the general public "is not at high risk of infection," but also said the Ebola virus should not be allowed to circulate widely.

"Constant mutation and adaptation are the survival mechanisms of viruses and other microbes," she said. "We must not give this virus opportunities to deliver more surprises."

WHO: Ebola moving faster than control efforts - Health - MSN Healthy Living

I'm not sure why you posted this in response to my post (I'm pretty sure that Dr. Chan would agree with me in that Ebola is not the "most volatile virus on the planet").

I've helpfully highlighted the most important part of that quote also, that you must have missed.

Forum List

Back