Economy adds 175,000 jobs

No shit...RW'nger is one of the committed clueless - by choice.
As someone else pointed out in a different thread, if you still believe things are getting better - then that is because you are willing to deny your intelligence and replace it with imagination.
RW'nger's threads usually contain only the headline, not the story.
He doesn't mention anything about the record high part-timers in this number, he doesn't mention the record high "forced" part-timers working who need and can't find full time work.
he doesn't mention the HORRIBLE record high UNDERemployed and over-qualified people working crap jobs because there is nothing in their field.
he doesn't mention them - because he CHOOSES not to.
And that makes him a tool.

I love posting these threads and watching the "Economy must Fail" crowd come out of the woodwork

so, lets see, it appears that-

when the rate goes down, thats good?

and when it goes up.....thats good?

:lol:

Damn, Trajan.......

Why are you so complicated? You should try breaking things down to their simplest forms. The way that you engage in nuanced thought is too much for some of us. We demand simplicity! Context and facts just muddy the water.

I defend good news when I see it. I did it in this very thread. But the job situation is not good. Employee participation rate is stagnate. My tenants are all behind on their rent because they have been cut back to part-time work. It is affecting my income & my spending that will affect others. We have bridges falling into rivers & people getting paid to sit on their ass. That is a major problem.

fredgraph.png

agreed, 175k is way better than ADP's first look a few days ago of 135k. I'll take it....

You point is apt and heres another way to look at it;

ED-AQ855A_Lazea_G_20130605190606.jpg

explanation

Every time the unemployment rate changes, analysts and reporters try to determine whether unemployment changed because more people were actually working or because people simply dropped out of the labor market entirely, reducing the number actively seeking work. The employment rate—that is, the employment-to-population ratio—eliminates this issue by going straight to the bottom line, measuring the proportion of potential workers who are actually working.

During the past three decades the relation between unemployment and employment has been almost perfectly inverse. (See above chart.) When the employment-to-population ratio rises, the unemployment rate falls. When the unemployment rate rises, the employment-to-population ratio falls. Even the turning points are aligned. Consequently, the unemployment rate has been a very good proxy for the employment rate. But that relationship has completely broken down during the most recent recession.

While the unemployment rate has fallen over the past 3½ years, the employment-to-population ratio has stayed almost constant at about 58.5%, well below the prerecession peak. Jobs are always being created and destroyed, and the net number of jobs over the last 3½ years has increased. But so too has the size of the working-age population. Job growth has been just slightly better than what it takes to keep the employed proportion of the working-age population constant. That's why jobs still seem so scarce.

Edward Lazear: The Hidden Jobless Disaster - WSJ.com

I love posting these threads and watching the "Economy must Fail" crowd come out of the woodwork

so, lets see, it appears that-

when the rate goes down, thats good?

and when it goes up.....thats good?

:lol:

Damn, Trajan.......

Why are you so complicated? You should try breaking things down to their simplest forms. The way that you engage in nuanced thought is too much for some of us. We demand simplicity! Context and facts just muddy the water.

;)

I defend good news when I see it. I did it in this very thread. But the job situation is not good. Employee participation rate is stagnate. My tenants are all behind on their rent because they have been cut back to part-time work. It is affecting my income & my spending that will affect others. We have bridges falling into rivers & people getting paid to sit on their ass. That is a major problem.

fredgraph.png

This is one of the most important stats. We have a smaller ratio of people supporting a federal government that is 20%+ bigger than before Obama's presidency.

This is why the economy is limping badly.

Boedicca,

1. He stopped the free fall and we're stable(if not slightly growing).
2. He put many of those people on unemployment or government aid. They would of want through the same shit that people in the great depression had to if not. Think about it.

The goal right now is to get the people within 2. back to work. He did 1.

Is 2. taking resources away from other area's=YES.

Uh, we have higher unemployment now than what the Obama Administration said would have happened WITHOUT the stimulus.

He didn't stop a freefalll. He prevented a RECOVERY.

U.S. adds 175,000 jobs; jobless rate moves up

Employers added a better-than-expected 175,000 jobs in May, providing further evidence of a resilient labor market despite huge federal spending cuts and global economic turmoil.

The unemployment rate rose to 7.6% from 7.5%, the Labor Department said Friday, as 420,000 Americans, including previously discouraged workers who had given up job-hunting, joined the labor force. The labor force includes people working and looking for work.

Businesses added 178,000 jobs, while federal, state and local governments cut 3,000. Professional and business services, leisure and hospitality and retail led job gains.

I saw a financial reporter on MSNBC Morning Joe show this morning talking about the latest job numbers and everyone on the show all agreed that these latest numbers in many respects were not very good.

Our recovery if anyone wants to call it that is still pretty poor.
So the Libs are still trying to paint a rosy picture but people see this for what it really is.

Still a poor recovery.

Recovery Summer V: Another Hangover

No one really had a clue about the depth of the hole that our economy was facing in late 2008 and early 2009. How could anyone know for sure.

It was a guess.

Oh Gee. So in the face of that uncertainty, let's borrow trillions of dollars (mostly from the Chinese) and grow the size of government relative to GDP by 20%+. And then let's add a brand new expensive entitlement called ObamaCare (and justify it as budget neutral by including 10 years of taxes and only 6 years of benefits), and then let's Raise Taxes!!!!!

Those will all make sure we the hole is as deep as possible.

Employers added a better-than-expected 175,000 jobs in May, providing further evidence of a resilient labor market despite huge federal spending cuts and global economic turmoil.

The unemployment rate rose to 7.6% from 7.5%, the Labor Department said Friday, as 420,000 Americans, including previously discouraged workers who had given up job-hunting, joined the labor force. The labor force includes people working and looking for work.

Businesses added 178,000 jobs, while federal, state and local governments cut 3,000. Professional and business services, leisure and hospitality and retail led job gains.

I saw a financial reporter on MSNBC Morning Joe show this morning talking about the latest job numbers and everyone on the show all agreed that these latest numbers in many respects were not very good.

So the Libs are still trying to paint a rosy picture but people see this for what it really is.

Still a poor recovery.

Please find one liberal claiming that this is a great recovery.

Now, please find one nutter who will admit that the economy is better now than it was when President Obama took office.

This is fun!!!!

No one really had a clue about the depth of the hole that our economy was facing in late 2008 and early 2009. How could anyone know for sure.

It was a guess.

Again Germany smart, US stupid.

Federal Spending: Killing the Economy With Government Stimulus - Forbes

A similar debate is occurring in Europe, with the contest presented as “austerity” versus “growth.” Yet many of the nations which practiced austerity have grown the fastest. Germany remains the continent’s powerhouse even though its post-2008 stimulus was far less relative to its GDP than in the U.S. and other European states. Both Germany and Sweden enjoyed strong growth as they brought their budgets into closer balance.

Lost 8,000 Manufacturing Jobs this month.

fredgraph.png

But a 75,000 gain in service sector jobs.

fredgraph.png

So I guess I should be happy that there will be more people to take more order at AppleBee's this weekend.

It was a guess.

Still a poor recovery.

Now, please find one nutter who will admit that the economy is better now than it was when President Obama took office.

This is fun!!!!

Great for us working. not so great for you I guess.
Gas prices fall below $1.87 - Nov. 26, 2008

Gasoline prices declined for the 70th straight day, falling below the $1.87 per gallon mark, according to a national survey of credit card swipes at gasoline stations.

Last edited:

It was a guess.

You're kidding...

[ame=http://youtu.be/2I0QN-FYkpw]Peter Schiff Was Right 2006 - 2007 (2nd Edition) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/Z0YTY5TWtmU]Peter Schiff was right 2006-2007 - CNBC edition - YouTube[/ame]

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

So I guess I should be happy that there will be more people to take more order at AppleBee's this weekend.

How about building infrastructure, wind turbines, nuclear plants and the latest generation of space ships and research?

This would encourage the kind of jobs we need. :cool:

Nonsense. We are the most indebted nation in the history of the world. If we continue on this path, the end will be Very Ugly Indeed. It's pathetic that you aren't concerned about looming insolvency.

This is the only economic recovery effort in history where we tried to balance the budget at the same time

You can't insist on massive budget cuts and then complain that the economy is not booming

It's not the role of the Federal Government to fund billions of taxpayer dollars on bursts of short term employment in an effort to simulate a recovery. It's less regulations, allowing banks to invest in business and lend, which creates an environment for the private sector to expand, spend, and create jobs. The threat to raise taxes on big business, the passing of Obamacare, and increased government regulations on business, is why there is no economic boom under President Obama.

Still a poor recovery.

This is fun!!!!

The economy is better, but that's really not saying much. That would be like comparing someone who had a leg amputation and some who just has a broken arm. I'm sure compared to the amputee, the guy with the broken arm looks perfectly healthy.

This is the gist of the state of the economy. Not great, but better than 2007 - 2008. But if makes you wonder, if we've wasted all of this money just for anemic economic growth, it only makes you wonder what a another recession can possible be like.

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

How about building infrastructure, wind turbines, nuclear plants and the latest generation of space ships and research?

This would encourage the kind of jobs we need. :cool:

We have wind turbines way to many of them in Texas, just drive across that state like I did. Wind turbines most of the power comes at night when the demand is low wasted energy.. I am with you on rebuilding bridges and 100 year water system's but you need a plan and jump through the government red tape. You can not just throw money at it. All you get is tree's planted. Like the last stimulus.

It was a guess.

This is fun!!!!

Gasoline prices declined for the 70th straight day, falling below the $1.87 per gallon mark, according to a national survey of credit card swipes at gasoline stations.

I'm sorry. You monumental retard. You suggest that I do not work?

I am a distributor. Do you know what that word means? I am PARTICULARLY sensitive to fuel costs. My vehicles average 12 MPG. My business is WAY healthier now than it was in November 2008.

You are batting .000 when it comes to what motivates me, dummy. Try harder.

It was a guess.

This is fun!!!!

I figured lone loser would log off and run away when he read this post. liberals are so easy to play with.

Still a poor recovery.

This is fun!!!!

The economy is better, but that's really not saying much. That would be like comparing someone who had a leg amputation and some who just has a broken arm. I'm sure compared to the amputee, the guy with the broken arm looks perfectly healthy.

This is the gist of the state of the economy. Not great, but better than 2007 - 2008. But if makes you wonder, if we've wasted all of this money just for anemic economic growth, it only makes you wonder what a another recession can possible be like.

agreed, if I can channel Morgenthau for a moment- "We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work".

where we are, its relative to what we have spent, what Bernbanks buying......we should be a lot further along than this....

Forum List

Back