🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Education funding

Just think how good the kiddies could learn with a few trillion more in the hands of those courageous teachers unions....... Lol

Reforming the educational system and making held accountable must be the goal of the republican party. We're all better off with a better educated population as that's key to economic growth.

How about instead of killing off entire organs of our society, work for better? :eek:

Last edited:
Half of my property taxes goes to education. Multiply that out by all the homes and businesses and that's a lot of money. A LOT. And they regularly have referendums for more and more. For the children. The teachers strike right before school starts, illegal to do but nothing ever happens to them execpt more bennies and more money. I'd love to see a performance audit of the entire system but any attempt gets torpedoed.

I did some work for the teacher's union and went to their headquarters. Holy shit. Brass fixtures everywhere. Trees and waterfalls inside the lobby. Five star resort styling. WTF?

I'm convinced that the Mafia was rank amateurs compared to these guys.

I was viewing the TV and an ad for Governor came on the tube. He talked about fracking in the state and how PA is the only state that does not tax the profits from fracking. He said he would change that. So far I am with him. Then he says, sitting in a classroom with kids, that he would then make sure that education was fully funded for a change.

At that point I realized he was just saying BS. The governor doesn't say what is taxed or not that is still a legislative issue. I do know that the governor we have now balanced the budget without raising income tax.

My point in all of this, is education, like most government programs, a bottomless pit? We continue to spend more and more on education but politicians tell us we need to keep spending more and more.

What say you?

the instant that a politician starts spilling the 'for the kids' or the fire/police/public parks lines it is a bald faced lie. A lie that they willingly spew right into your face.

That is nothing more than a convenient way to fleece more cash out of the people. We need to STOP spending more in education and start spending what we have more efficiently. We do not have a funding problem - we have a bureaucratic problem and the more that the feds get involved the worse off we are getting.
Control, plain and simple. Have to control the dumbmasses.

I was viewing the TV and an ad for Governor came on the tube. He talked about fracking in the state and how PA is the only state that does not tax the profits from fracking. He said he would change that. So far I am with him. Then he says, sitting in a classroom with kids, that he would then make sure that education was fully funded for a change.

At that point I realized he was just saying BS. The governor doesn't say what is taxed or not that is still a legislative issue. I do know that the governor we have now balanced the budget without raising income tax.

My point in all of this, is education, like most government programs, a bottomless pit? We continue to spend more and more on education but politicians tell us we need to keep spending more and more.

What say you?

Spending is the answer to every problem for a libtard...except national defense. The fags and girly men have overcome the demoquack party...all the way to the whitehouse. Self discipline, focus, effort and parental involvement are the key to education...not mo muny.

A young talented person who wants to be a teacher is frankly wasting their time and tossing away a much higher earning potential to be stuck at a whopping salary of maybe 60 thousand some day. I hear everyone gripe about education and how bad the teachers are. Then again a very smart talented person with the ability to be a good effective teacher is not going to teach when they can go into the private sector and do much much better. Then we have the "we have to be more accountable" and test more. So now I hope all those that love this testing are happy with the fact that many days per year are spent testing. Then we say "don't teach to the test" that is the dumbest most HYPOCRITICAL statement I've ever heard. If you are going to be judged on "tests" then you had BETTER BE teaching solely to the test. Finally, kids today that I see.... tied to their technology. They see violence and sex on TV all night. Many kids come from broken homes, etc. Basically I see society as a mess. And we tell schools to fix all this. Too big of job for a school. As stated above..parental involvement, holding KIDS more accountable, higher standards are all needed. But its going to take a concerted effort by all parties involved.

A young talented person who wants to be a teacher is frankly wasting their time and tossing away a much higher earning potential to be stuck at a whopping salary of maybe 60 thousand some day. I hear everyone gripe about education and how bad the teachers are. Then again a very smart talented person with the ability to be a good effective teacher is not going to teach when they can go into the private sector and do much much better. Then we have the "we have to be more accountable" and test more. So now I hope all those that love this testing are happy with the fact that many days per year are spent testing. Then we say "don't teach to the test" that is the dumbest most HYPOCRITICAL statement I've ever heard. If you are going to be judged on "tests" then you had BETTER BE teaching solely to the test. Finally, kids today that I see.... tied to their technology. They see violence and sex on TV all night. Many kids come from broken homes, etc. Basically I see society as a mess. And we tell schools to fix all this. Too big of job for a school. As stated above..parental involvement, holding KIDS more accountable, higher standards are all needed. But its going to take a concerted effort by all parties involved.

How much should a teacher make for working 10 months out of the year?

That is beside the point. You want the best and brightest teaching or not? Should those people be told "you should teach" when they can do far far better in the private sector? Why should they sacrifice to "help their country" or some kind of bs like that? How much should a CEO who does none of the actual labor make? Same concept. To me the time means nothing. If you have a skill that is needed or desired then you should seek out higher wages and better benefits without giving thought to "helping out.". That's the way the system is designed.

That is beside the point. You want the best and brightest teaching or not? Should those people be told "you should teach" when they can do far far better in the private sector? Why should they sacrifice to "help their country" or some kind of bs like that? How much should a CEO who does none of the actual labor make? Same concept. To me the time means nothing. If you have a skill that is needed or desired then you should seek out higher wages and better benefits without giving thought to "helping out.". That's the way the system is designed.
Is that teaching or undoing what their parents have instilled in them by Gubmint and Union edict?

Why would somebody with talent teach when they could earn more money and good benefits without the stress in a classroom? Please explain. We live in a capitalistic society. The system has provided a means for hard working people to achieve personal wealth by getting educated and using their training to move up the financial ladder. No matter how good a teacher is, if they can do better then why do you think they should continue to teach?

Absolute nonsense. Teachers get summers off (which a lot of people would kill for) have great beifits and make good money (60k is chump change to you? You have no clue what it's like in the private sector. Comparing it to a CEO that makes billion dollar decisions is just stupid. The unions protect the lower rung elements so they don't get weed out and the trend seems to be more on self esteem these days that acedemia.

Forum List

Back