Elected Repubs and Dms wailing, "Don't elect Cruz, everybody here hates him!" Response: So what?

The guy won't get shit passed and his austerity from hell is just dumb. Go move to somalia.
Well the scary thing - for the establishment types - is if we actually handed this guy the veto power, and he stayed willing to shut the whole thing down, it wouldn't be him trying to get stuff passed.

Now we won't hand him the power because ..... the left anti-establishment folks want MORE govt control of their lives. The DLC wants the status quo. The Trump folks, it seems to me, are more enamoured with the cult of personality. A strong man, who's successful and who can bully. Bullying means you can refuse to answer a question, or question another's citizenship or patriotism. The gop establishment is lining up behind Trump because they thing that they can make deals with him, as opposed to Cruz, who has proven he will shut her down.
Wait, so you dont want Cruz to have veto power because he might shut down the government.
But you were OK with Obama having veto power, which he used to shut down the government?

Wow. The stupid here is scary.

They dont get it. The very fact that DC insiders hate Cruz adds to his appeal and popularity. People are disgusted with GOP pols in Washington because they ran and were elected on a platform of stopping Obama's agenda and then turn around and explain how they can't possibly do that.
Well, I agree the fact that the gop party is latching onto the Donald shows who they really fear ..... but, the Donald's killing him in the polls.
Trump is not "killing him" in the polls. He is ahread. Not the same thing.
And I believe the polls are wrong.

The guy won't get shit passed and his austerity from hell is just dumb. Go move to somalia.
Well the scary thing - for the establishment types - is if we actually handed this guy the veto power, and he stayed willing to shut the whole thing down, it wouldn't be him trying to get stuff passed.

Now we won't hand him the power because ..... the left anti-establishment folks want MORE govt control of their lives. The DLC wants the status quo. The Trump folks, it seems to me, are more enamoured with the cult of personality. A strong man, who's successful and who can bully. Bullying means you can refuse to answer a question, or question another's citizenship or patriotism. The gop establishment is lining up behind Trump because they thing that they can make deals with him, as opposed to Cruz, who has proven he will shut her down.
Wait, so you dont want Cruz to have veto power because he might shut down the government.
But you were OK with Obama having veto power, which he used to shut down the government?

Wow. The stupid here is scary.
no no. You misunderstood. I said it you want fundamental change, you'd do best by giving Cruz veto power. The gop establishement is lining up behind the Donald to prevent just that.

They dont get it. The very fact that DC insiders hate Cruz adds to his appeal and popularity. People are disgusted with GOP pols in Washington because they ran and were elected on a platform of stopping Obama's agenda and then turn around and explain how they can't possibly do that.
Well, I agree the fact that the gop party is latching onto the Donald shows who they really fear ..... but, the Donald's killing him in the polls.
Trump is not "killing him" in the polls. He is ahread. Not the same thing.
And I believe the polls are wrong.
Iowa's close, but Trump's a bit ahead. Trump's killing it in NH. Last time somebody said the polls were wrong, Mitt went down

Gee, we elected Obama....was the House and Senate supposed to follow his lead or resign?

As I said for Cruz, Obama should use the Bully Pulpit. He should go before the American people on national TV, explain that he wants to implement a system of socialized medicine where many of them will not be able to keep their same health plan or doctors, costs will go up, govt will force some people to pay for others, they’ll pay millions of dollars for a website that doesn’t work, and everyone will be forced to participate whether they like it or not, or get hit with fines and penalties.

And he should explain to them why this is a good program.

And he should ask the people to contact their Senators and representatives and tell them to vote for this plan.

And the people should think about the plan, and then call their Reps and tell them exactly what they think of it.

And the people should imply strongly that if the Reps don’t do what the people want, the people will vote them out of office.

Every President should do this for every major program he wants to see passed.

What’s the problem with it? :2up:

Congress shouldn't necessarily do what the President wants.

The President should initiate programs he wants, and then talk to the people, describe the programs, and suggest that if they want the programs they should contact their congressmen and urge them to vote for them.

ALL presidents should to this. Reagan did. That's how he got his huge tax cuts AND military buildup through Congress.

What could go wrong? :biggrin:

Wow.

When I suggested that the President and Congress should do what the people wanted them to do and get their support, the liberals got real quiet and stopped posting.

I'm not surprised.

Do the Republicans and Democrats "hate" him because he's not interested in compromising, and tells them so in no uncertain terms?

That strikes me as a good thing, not a bad thing.

And if Cruz brings his case directly to the American people, making speeches on national TV to explain what he was doing and why, and asking for their support, he (actually they) could bring a lot of pressure to bear on Congress.

And if they don't like that, then maybe they are the ones who should go.

Cruz wasn't even born in the US and his fat
Now I'm hearing from various sources, that a few elected officials have been saying that electing Ted Cruz would be a "cataclysm", or some such dire prediction.

"Everybody here hates him!", they say.

Well, so what?

If we, the American people choose him to be our President, that means we are also directing YOU to let him lead and follow his lead.

If you House and Senate members don't want that, then maybe YOU should leave. Resign. Bow out.

If we decide Cruz is the President we want, who are you Congresspeople to object? You don't like it, leave. And we'll elect other who DO want to follow his lead.

Problem solved. Kapisch?
Cruz wasn't even born in the US and his father was buddies with Castro. Patriotic Americans won't be voting for your Cuban messiah.

Now I'm hearing from various sources, that a few elected officials have been saying that electing Ted Cruz would be a "cataclysm", or some such dire prediction.

Well, so what?

If we, the American people choose him to be our President, that means we are also directing YOU to let him lead and follow his lead.

If you House and Senate members don't want that, then maybe YOU should leave. Resign. Bow out.

If we decide Cruz is the President we want, who are you Congresspeople to object? You don't like it, leave. And we'll elect other who DO want to follow his lead.

Problem solved. Kapisch?
Cruz wasn't even born in the US and his father was buddies with Castro. Patriotic Americans won't be voting for your Cuban messiah.

Even more lies from the lib side!

Well, so what?

Problem solved. Kapisch?

Vote for a true American you commie.

Well, so what?

Problem solved. Kapisch?
Career politicians hate him... Could it be he's one of the good guys??

Seems so

Well, so what?

Problem solved. Kapisch?

I am. Right now I am deciding between Cruz and Rubio, both fine Americans.

What does Cruz's father have to do with him?

My dad was a Democrat. Should I hang my head in shame? No, I won't because he wasn't a liberal dumb ass!

Well, so what?

Problem solved. Kapisch?

My dad was a Democrat. Should I hang my head in shame? No, I won't because he wasn't a liberal dumb ass!
Cruz was not born here and his father is an extremist radical. Go ahead and vote for your Cuban messiah.

Well, so what?

Problem solved. Kapisch?

Cruz was not born here and his father is an extremist radical. Go ahead and vote for your Cuban messiah.

Cruz wasn't born here? So?

His father was 14 years old at the time. Did you ever do anything you regretted later in life when you were a kid?

Forum List

Back