Election Interference: Here are the Four Colorado Justices Who Voted to Exclude Donald Trump from the 2024 Ballot

Not Trump.....it just was a gut feeling, I guess.

Yup, which clears the way for red states (and blue states with conservative courts) to have "gut feelings" about Joe Biden.

I would say asking illegal immigrants to "surge to the border" certainly constitutes an insurrection, and I'm sure a lot of state supreme court justices would agree.

None of which is affected by this ruling. This ruling only concerns the primary ballot in Colorado. It has no effect at all on federal elections.
It will if it's upheld by the SC. But the Co. SC and SoS have already deferred to their decision.

None of which is affected by this ruling. This ruling only concerns the primary ballot in Colorado. It has no effect at all on federal elections.

The election for the office of the Presidency in the USA is not a federal election. It 's a group of state elections. Each state elects electors to...

Did you people ever take any Junior High School civics classes?

You do realize this is for a primary election. It will have no effect on the general election.

The ruling states that Trump is disqualified to hold office - that's for all elections held in Colorado. It immediately orders the Colorado Sec. of State to remove him from the primary ballot and to not count write in votes for him., but it is not limited to the primary ballot only.

Article 1, Sec. 4 of the Constitution says that States run the federal elections., so Trump will not be allowed on the Presidential election ballot in Colorado unless SCOTUS overrules.

It will if it's upheld by the SC. But the Co. SC and SoS have already deferred to their decision.
No not even if it is upheld by the Supreme Court. This is for a primary state election. If there is no primary, there is no state ballot.

SCOTUS could just refuse to hear the appeal based on Article 1 Sec. 4 of the Constitution.

In that case they'll be 49 more decisions by 49 State Supreme courts - it would be bizarre. Trump would be on the Presidential ballot in some states and not in others - I doubt that SCOTUS would want that.

Of course, Kamala Harris could reject any electors for Trump at the electoral college based on the 14th Amendment Sec. 3.

:laughing0301:

The election for the office of the Presidency in the USA is not a federal election. It 's a group of state elections. Each state elects electors to...

Did you people ever take any Junior High School civics classes?

The election that Colorado wants to control is not a federal election. No electors are consulted. It is a state primary election. It is a primary election because the national Republican Committee said so. They can unsay so too.

Does somebody need to be convicted of insurrection for the amendment to apply to them? I don’t think that how the amendment is written. Where would they need to be charged and convicted?
Trump led a protest. He never said a word about overturning the election.

SCOTUS could just refuse to hear the appeal based on Article 1 Sec. 4 of the Constitution.

In that case they'll be 49 more decisions by 49 State Supreme courts - it would be bizarre. Trump would be on the Presidential ballot in some states and not in others - I doubt that SCOTUS would want that.

Of course, Kamala Harris could reject any electors for Trump at the electoral college based on the 14th Amendment Sec. 3.

:laughing0301:
Not true. This decision has no effect on who appears on the ballot for the presidential election.

If he is off the primary ballot in CO, he will definitely get left off the general

Last edited:

Forum List

Back