Electric ferry, what could go wrong?

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
England
Well, I know anything electric is failing and causing problems, but this ferry might top the charts. Just when the story gets worse, more and more embarrassment just keeps happening -

The guy that bought the old ferry was quids in, lol

If they wanted to run this ship with green energy, they should have just used the proven technology of rowing.

Or as in the video, diesel

The ferry can't handle the solar panels, acts as a sail. Needs stronger bow thrusters, €1.8million to fit. The cable needs upgraded and anchored, but environmental factors will probably prohibit that. So everyone has to drive a detour to the nearest bridge, causing more pollution. So they sold the old diesel ferry that worked for €16,000 and bought it back for €100,000, and it needs over €1m to renovate it because it was allowed to fall in disrepair.

Anyone connected to this climate farce needs sacked.

Last edited:
Well, I know anything electric is failing and causing problems, but this ferry might top the charts. Just when the story gets worse, more and more embarrassment just keeps happening -

SHARKS!!!

1728426441110.png

I keep saying the best way to get rid of bad ideas is to embrace them fully so the consequences of bad ideas can be experienced. This proves that point marvelously.

I keep saying the best way to get rid of bad ideas is to embrace them fully so the consequences of bad ideas can be experienced. This proves that point marvelously.
I was just checking YouTube and the ferry video came up. As I watched it, it just kept getting worse and worse for team electric, I was laughing by the end of it.

I watch that guy in Australia that covers everything news wise on EV's, so it's probably why the ferry came up as a suggested video to watch.

If they just listened, they wouldn't have to go through these expensive experiences.

A smaller battery, it's just one expensive and useless heavy paperweight. Needs stronger anchored lines because of that problem, but the environmental wackos won't be happy with installing deeper and bigger anchors. With buying back and starting to renovate the diesel ferry, it's a clear two fingers up to the wacko electric idea.

Forum List

Back