Elementary school shooting

There is far more fertilizer and diesel fuel in the US than guns. You want to kill people in quantity? A gun is not a good choice.
If fertilizer was processed only to be rendered into explosives, if diesel fuel had only one use; that as a catalyst in a bomb, you may have a point. What are assault rifles built to do?

Scare the crap out of liberals and government officals. Works like a charm.
Seriously. Please explain why it's so important to have millions of assault weapons at the disposal of civilians. What is the great benefit? Do you recognize the deadly operation of the assault rifle when in the hands of civilian shooters? Does their amusement with the firing of an assault rifle make such rifles indispensable items of modern life, or do you recognize the absolute imperative to eliminate the threat altogether?

What is the virtue of an assault weapon? Is that virtue greater than our safety? Should we accommodate the assault weapon by arming Kindergartens all because some people feel sexy or powerful or aroused or superior whenever they are armed with ghastly fire power?

If your answer is as esoteric as combatting tyranny, and you rely on the constitution to make your point, how does the phrase "a well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state" not fulfill the means of combating tyranny?

Last edited:
There is far more fertilizer and diesel fuel in the US than guns. You want to kill people in quantity? A gun is not a good choice.
If fertilizer was processed only to be rendered into explosives, if diesel fuel had only one use; that as a catalyst in a bomb, you may have a point. What are assault rifles built to do?

Firearms have a purpose you seem to over look to defend with.
I repeat: what are assault rifles built to do?

Seriously. Please explain why it's more important to have millions of assault weapons at the disposal of civilians. What is the great benefit? Do you recognize the deadly operation of the assault rifle when in the hands of civilian shooters? Does their amusement with the firing of an assault rifle make such rifles indispensable items of modern life, or do you recognize the absolute imperative to eliminate the threat altogether?

What is the virtue of an assault weapon? Is that virtue greater than our safety? Should we accommodate the assault weapon by arming Kindergartens all because some people feel sexy or powerful or aroused or superior whenever they are armed with ghastly fire power?

If your answer is as esoteric as combatting tyranny, and you rely on the constitution to make your point, how does the phrase "a well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state" not fulfill the means of combating tyranny?

The AR 15 is not an ‘assault weapon,’ those sold to civilians are semi-auto only.

Citizens are not required to justify the exercising of a Constitution right as a condition of indeed exercising that right. There are many things my fellow Americans say and do that I consider completely devoid of virtue and value; I am compelled nonetheless to acknowledge their right to engage in such activities, owing me no justification or explanation.

As an aside, of the many virtues of the AR 15 is its accuracy, which is relatively rare among semi-auto rifles – as most semi-auto designs are inherently inaccurate. AR 15s are consequently sought-after target rifles.

But you are correct about the nonsense of ‘combating tyranny,’ at least in the context of armed civilians rising up against an ‘unjust’ government. Rather, the Second Amendment does enable a consistent application with regard to limiting the power of government overall, in that the state is compelled to acknowledge due process, and provide evidence in support of its desire to curtail or prohibit the exercising of a given right.

Seriously. Please explain why it's more important to have millions of assault weapons at the disposal of civilians. What is the great benefit? Do you recognize the deadly operation of the assault rifle when in the hands of civilian shooters? Does their amusement with the firing of an assault rifle make such rifles indispensable items of modern life, or do you recognize the absolute imperative to eliminate the threat altogether?

The AR 15 is not an ‘assault weapon,’ those sold to civilians are semi-auto only.

Citizens are not required to justify the exercising of a Constitution right as a condition of indeed exercising that right. There are many things my fellow Americans say and do that I consider completely devoid of virtue and value; I am compelled nonetheless to acknowledge their right to engage in such activities, owing me no justification or explanation.

As an aside, of the many virtues of the AR 15 is its accuracy, which is relatively rare among semi-auto rifles – as most semi-auto designs are inherently inaccurate. AR 15s are consequently sought-after target rifles.

But you are correct about the nonsense of ‘combating tyranny,’ at least in the context of armed civilians rising up against an ‘unjust’ government. Rather, the Second Amendment does enable a consistent application with regard to limiting the power of government overall, in that the state is compelled to acknowledge due process, and provide evidence in support of its desire to curtail or prohibit the exercising of a given right.
The military instructs soldiers to engage in semi automatic mode to enhance the accuracy of their fire. Full automatic weapons have a tendency to 'drift up' when fired, making them less effective as weapons. Can targets be accurately hit with bolt action rifles?

Does the semi automatic firing system enhance the safety of the weapon? Are there products that pose a significant risk to life and health and are therefore excluded from the public?

Should the next ghoulish development of the gun-makers craft prove even more devastating in its effect, will your argument still apply?

Does public safety have to take a back seat while people exalt in greater fire power just for the fun of it? Is the right to continue to live dispensable and the desire for military weaponry inviolate?

Last edited:
Hmmmm....why DO governments shoot unarmed people?

images

2-year old victim at waco.

waco2.jpg

Feds+Lose.jpg

So these are your heroes. A whacky cultist who was impregnating 11 year olds and a Nazi who was teaching his kids to hate?

I would almost consider POS reping you but for the last part of your post.
Let me correct you on one thing. The private citizen will not be fighting tyranny alone. Many police and military will join the fight. Those that remain will be out numbered and out gunned. You might also want to rethink your assertion.
14 United States Governors : Prepare State Militia Defenses, To Be Ready Against Obama

Interesting how America expects every other nation to rise up against tyranny in their state, but in the US its an impossibility. Since you expect failure, why do you sentence these foreign freedom fighters to death on what you call a fools errand?

The fact you assume the military will simply follow orders and kill Americans points to the tyranny that apparently already exists in your minds. Also, the feelng I get is that you think there is nothing in your freedom that bears risking anything more than a broken finger nail on a message board. I am throughly disgusted with your attitude and support of, at least my, Constitution.

Both of you have fail so far on this point.

Try accumulating the amount of fertilizer and diesel fuel for such an attach, and you won't make it out of the driveway without police assistance.

Actually, most people who live in a farming area could get all that was needed with no questions asked.........

Try accumulating the amount of fertilizer and diesel fuel for such an attach, and you won't make it out of the driveway without police assistance.

Actually, most people who live in a farming area could get all that was needed with no questions asked.........

This is true.

This is true.

I know, starting about 1/2 mile from the house I can be in farm country and drive 40 miles or so seeing nothing but farms....

Guys, you have to get somewhere. Since the OKC bombing, look up the number of plots such as that that have been foiled. Your truck bomb comparison to firearms as the choice for mass weapons has been flimsy since 1996.

The "tool" argument used by extremists is simply not convincing.

Forum List

Back