Elementary school shooting

Guys, you have to get somewhere. Since the OKC bombing, look up the number of plots such as that that have been foiled. Your truck bomb comparison to firearms as the choice for mass weapons has been flimsy since 1996.

The "tool" argument used by extremists is simply not convincing.

Take a closer look at those plots some time. Most of them involve the FBI finding somebody, talking them into something, giving them everything they need, and then holding a press conference to announce the arrest.

Again, I repeat: what are assault rifles built to do?
Protect and defend lives and again not many citizens have assault weapons.
Swing and a miss. What specifically was the assault rifle designed to do?

Your answer could apply to the Golden Retriever.

It would depend on the specific model we are talking about, but, in general, they are designed to use a portion of the gas from an explosion to propel a projectile down the barrel and use as much as possible of the rest to cycle the arming mechanism to bring another cartridge into position to be fired. This latter function is why semi automatic weapons are considered to be less powerful than older bolt action weapons.

Why do you ask?

Protect and defend lives and again not many citizens have assault weapons.
Swing and a miss. What specifically was the assault rifle designed to do?

Your answer could apply to the Golden Retriever.

It would depend on the specific model we are talking about, but, in general, they are designed to use a portion of the gas from an explosion to propel a projectile down the barrel and use as much as possible of the rest to cycle the arming mechanism to bring another cartridge into position to be fired. This latter function is why semi automatic weapons are considered to be less powerful than older bolt action weapons.

Why do you ask?
You described the actions of a semi auitomatic firing system. You did not answer the question which I now pose for a sixth time (it's getting tedious): What specifically was the assault rifle designed to do?

In many foreign countries they are used in celebrations.
Another swing and miss! What specifically was the assault rifle designed to do?

You answer could apply to firecrackers or banners.

I give up, enlighten me and possibly others with your partisan answer.
Actually, the evasions offered up by you and others is quite telling. It appears that you are afraid to confront the truth and keep throwing up nonsensical answers in the hope the question will just go away.

What was the assault rifle specifically designed to do?

Guys, you have to get somewhere. Since the OKC bombing, look up the number of plots such as that that have been foiled. Your truck bomb comparison to firearms as the choice for mass weapons has been flimsy since 1996.

The "tool" argument used by extremists is simply not convincing.

I think you missed my point Jake. It was that there are viable options to a gun in a mass killing. If you make guns harder OR equally hard to obtain as say a bomb, it makes the using the more effective weapon more likely.

Another swing and miss! What specifically was the assault rifle designed to do?

You answer could apply to firecrackers or banners.

Actually, the evasions offered up by you and others is quite telling. It appears that you are afraid to confront the truth and keep throwing up nonsensical answers in the hope the question will just go away.

...and I am certain you don't know the difference between a design and use. I have no fear of your answer. Just puzzled why you can't give an answer to your own question.

...and I am certain you don't know the difference between a design and use. I have no fear of your answer. Just puzzled why you can't give an answer to your own question.
I am trying to understand the virtue of the assault weapon. Why America should be forced to accommodate such weapons rather than take the sensible step and eliminate them. Someone, most gun nuts for my money, seems to love these weapons more than freedom and life itself. I'm wondering if such gun nuts are capable of forming a reasonable answer to my simple question which I now pose for a seventh time:

Actually, most people who live in a farming area could get all that was needed with no questions asked.........

This is true.

I know, starting about 1/2 mile from the house I can be in farm country and drive 40 miles or so seeing nothing but farms....

Everyone I know has two huge tanks on their properties...

One for regular gasoline

One for diesel fuel.

And there are several huge distribution facilities within just a few miles of everywhere.

All managed and run by conservatives.

Fucking moron city dwelling progressive loons.

I am trying to understand the virtue of the assault weapon. Why America should be forced to accommodate such weapons rather than take the sensible step and eliminate them. Someone, most gun nuts for my money, seems to love these weapons more than freedom and life itself. I'm wondering if such gun nuts are capable of forming a reasonable answer to my simple question which I now pose for a seventh time:

Don't worry about it. You don't have to approve it any more than you need to approve my ownership of horses, fast cars, or a greenhouse.

It was designed to do what every other rifle was designed to do.....there is your answer.
Should we get rid of all semi automatic weapons? If not, why not?

This would be a slippery slope, IMO.

Don't worry about it. You don't have to approve it any more than you need to approve my ownership of horses, fast cars, or a greenhouse.
There's no correlation between your horse, greenhouses or cars. I'm asking a simple question. Shall I repeat it?

It was designed to do what every other rifle was designed to do.....there is your answer.

I'm sorry, but you did not answer the question. Some rifles are designed to practice target shooting. Some of those rifles include sophisticated design element such as the rifles used in the Olympic sport of Biathlon. Other riffs were specifically designed as sniper rifles. Others were designed to bag a specific variety of game (see an elephant gun or deer rifle).

But assault rifles were designed with specific uses in mind.

What specifically was the assault rifle designed to do?

]I am trying to understand the virtue of the assault weapon. Why America should be forced to accommodate such weapons rather than take the sensible step and eliminate them. Someone, most gun nuts for my money, seems to love these weapons more than freedom and life itself. I'm wondering if such gun nuts are capable of forming a reasonable answer to my simple question which I now pose for a seventh time:

Can't answer your own question huh?

No one in a position of power in the Democratic Party is suggesting th elimination of assault weapons. That makes you a leftwing loon by definition.

America is not being forced to accomodate such weapons. They are currently covered by the Constitution AND federal law.

These people you belittle are true Americans who love freedom and life enough to use their time, talent and money to maintaining a means to keep life and freedom. You prefer to think your life and freedom come at no cost. That simply is not true. You dishonor all service personnel present and past who had to use weapons in defense of your life and freedom.

Now answer your own question, so I can pick your insane answer apart.

Last edited:

I'm sorry, but you did not answer the question. Some rifles are designed to practice target shooting. Some of those rifles include sophisticated design element such as the rifles used in the Olympic sport of Biathlon. Other riffs were specifically designed as sniper rifles. Others were designed to bag a specific variety of game (see an elephant gun or deer rifle).

All rifles were designed for 1 purpose....get real Nosmo.

]I am trying to understand the virtue of the assault weapon. Why America should be forced to accommodate such weapons rather than take the sensible step and eliminate them. Someone, most gun nuts for my money, seems to love these weapons more than freedom and life itself. I'm wondering if such gun nuts are capable of forming a reasonable answer to my simple question which I now pose for a seventh time:

Can't answer your own question huh?

No one in a position of power in the Democratic Party is suggesting th elimination of assault weapons. That makes you a leftwing loon by definition.

America is not being forced to accomodate such weapons. They are currently covered by the Constitution AND federal law.

These people you belittle are true Americans who love freedom and life enough to use their time, talent and money to maintaining a means to keep life and freedom. You prefer to think your life and freedom come at no cost. That simply is not true. You dishonor all service personnel present and past who had to use weapons in defense of your life and freedom.

Now answer your own question, so I can pick your insane answer apart.
You are no more adept at sidestepping the question than you are at making cogent point. If you cannot answer, or if you are afraid of your answer, I can accept that as truth.

I'm asking the unanswerable question:

I gave you many chances to answer your own question Nosmo. Now I will answer. I didn't up til now, because I wanted to just get to your stupid answer.

An assault weapon's PRIMARY purpose is to supress an enemy. By delivering a large number of rounds down range, the enemy is forced to take defensive positions. This allows other troops to engage the enemy with sniper fire, grenades and other weapons to wound, kill or force a retreat of the enemy.

All rifles were designed for 1 purpose....get real Nosmo.
If that were true, all rifles would be designed the same.

Forum List

Back