🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Elena Kagan Is a Blithering Idiot!

She had no right to vote on the ACA case because as Solicitor General she helped craft the pile of crap.
No, she did not. She had absolutely nothing to do with writing the law. The Solicitor General represents the United States in cases in the Supreme Court. When she left, there were not ACA cases before the Supreme Court and only one had initially reached the Appeals Court. More to the point, what if she did recuse. The outcome would have been the same, only the vote would have been 5 to 3. Can you count?

No, she did not. She had absolutely nothing to do with writing the law. The Solicitor General represents the United States in cases in the Supreme Court. When she left, there were not ACA cases before the Supreme Court and only one had initially reached the Appeals Court. More to the point, what if she did recuse. The outcome would have been the same, only the vote would have been 5 to 3. Can you count?

The hell she didn't....otherwise why would she have been asked to recuse herself and refused to? And don't give me the "her vote didn't matter" bullshit...she had no right to vote.

I'd like to think Kagan is an idiot, but since sleeping her way to the top obviously didn't happen, brains is the only alternative answer.

The hell she didn't....otherwise why would she have been asked to recuse herself and refused to? And don't give me the "her vote didn't matter" bullshit...she had no right to vote.
She was asked to recuse because of idiots like you. You have no fucking idea what the solicitor general does. No clue what you are talking about.

So, you can't count.

She had every right to vote. Just admit you lost and STFU. You are not convincing anybody, and your whining only reinforces you being seen as a big baby.

They can proclaim anything they want. Nothing is changed for me. I do not, and will not, accept any 2 gay people as being married. Not ever. I don't care what papers they have, what ceremony they went through, or anything else. Millions of Americans no doubt, think exactly the same.
Sorry, but you're saddled with it. You have to subsidize it and allow it to deprive children of at least one of their parents and you can do nothing to stop it. We are being held hostage be neo-nazis.

She may be a Supreme Court justice, but Elena Kagan is a blithering idiot. In the discourse over Same Sex Marriage, she told the attorney representing SSM bans, John Bursch, you can't decide who is going to get equal treatment by law, and who isn't.

EARTH TO ELENA: We do exactly that EVERY DAY when we lock up criminals and put them in jails. Is their treatment equal ? Of course not. It's not supposed to be. Every time we put someone in a mental institution we do that. Every time we quarantine someone with Ebola we do that., Every time we hire someone to a job because they are qualified to do it, and don't hire someone else (who isn't qualified) we do that.

Elena isn't making any profound statement about equal treatment. All she is did is be an Activist judge, molding the discussion into how she wanted it to result. This is not even a smart ploy, since it is so obviously ridiculous, no matter the outcome.

This is a pure example of the absurdity of putting people on a supreme court for life. They should be able to be recalled by a public vote.

And what the other 4 justices who voted to allow SSM, said is probably just as stupid, I just happened to tune in and hear the response from Kagan.

I understand that intelligent women scare you slope skulls in flyover country, but that is nothing new

She was asked to recuse because of idiots like you. You have no fucking idea what the solicitor general does. No clue what you are talking about.

Uh huh.....and you just showed yourself to be helpless fucking joke.
So, what is the job a of the solicitor general, dipshit?

Maybe the better question is, why can't we ask for Justices to step side when they have publicly stated an opinion on a subject they will most likely review as a Justice?

Maybe the better question is, why can't we ask for Justices to step side when they have publicly stated an opinion on a subject they will most likely review as a Justice?

Because then Scalia would have had to recuse himself from the gay marriage issue and there was no way he was ever going to do that.

Because then Scalia would have had to recuse himself from the gay marriage issue and there was no way he was ever going to do that.

Deflection the best you got huh?

She may be a Supreme Court justice, but Elena Kagan is a blithering idiot. In the discourse over Same Sex Marriage, she told the attorney representing SSM bans, John Bursch, you can't decide who is going to get equal treatment by law, and who isn't.

EARTH TO ELENA: We do exactly that EVERY DAY when we lock up criminals and put them in jails. Is their treatment equal ? Of course not. It's not supposed to be. Every time we put someone in a mental institution we do that. Every time we quarantine someone with Ebola we do that., Every time we hire someone to a job because they are qualified to do it, and don't hire someone else (who isn't qualified) we do that.

Elena isn't making any profound statement about equal treatment. All she is did is be an Activist judge, molding the discussion into how she wanted it to result. This is not even a smart ploy, since it is so obviously ridiculous, no matter the outcome.

This is a pure example of the absurdity of putting people on a supreme court for life. They should be able to be recalled by a public vote.

And what the other 4 justices who voted to allow SSM, said is probably just as stupid, I just happened to tune in and hear the response from Kagan.

Obama didn't put her there for her smarts....he wanted leftist judges and he got them...

Obama didn't put her there for her smarts....he wanted leftist judges and he got them...

Funny that anyone thinks about leftist judges on this extremely conservative court. I'm still shaking my head over the 2000 decision that said in effect that we can vote but it's not necessary to count those votes if the election might go the "wrong" way.

Or the Citizen United decision that allows deep pockets to buy elections.

Forum List

Back