Elizabeth Warren: 'End Electoral College'

You fuckers have it down to a brazen science.

But yea...let's do away with all of it. I'm sure you'd give that lip service until it actually came to a bill or Court ruling...because you WANT that one party minority rule you have now

You hate Conservatives don't you?

How do you get THERE from that post?

And you freaks are a lot of things...but "conservatives' you ain't

You fuckers have it down to a brazen science.

But yea...let's do away with all of it. I'm sure you'd give that lip service until it actually came to a bill or Court ruling...because you WANT that one party minority rule you have now

You hate Conservatives don't you?

How do you get THERE from that post?

And you freaks are a lot of things...but "conservatives' you ain't

LOL, an American hating , white guilt ridden piece of shit like you decides who is and who isn't anything?

Democrats have abandoned white, working class voters.

Bullshit...there's plenty of white working class voters in states like New York and California and Maryland and PA.

YOUR party abandoned them...making their vote worthless.
My party???

edit: (also - PA went to Trump).

PA also didn't show a majority of votes for anybody.

Along with Wisconsin... Michigan.... North Cackalackee.... AridZona.... Florida.... even Utah. Every one of 'em sent 100% of their EVs to a klown who couldn't score 50% of their state. Somebody say "tyranny of the minority"?

And just like that --- back on topic. Thank me later.

Bullshit...there's plenty of white working class voters in states like New York and California and Maryland and PA.

My party???

Along with Wisconsin... Michigan.... North Cackalackee.... AridZona.... Florida.... even Utah. Every one of 'em sent 100% of their EVs to a klown who couldn't score 50% of their state. Somebody say "tyranny of the minority"?

The minority can never truly be tyrannical. The majority will always, ultimately, have more power. That's why we need devices (like EC) to keep them in check.

Please put me on ignore and you won't have to be embarrassed every time you show your ass!
I suspect half the people here already have you on ignore.

Now, STFU, and go away. Anyone with a third grade math education knows you fucked up. Suck it up and move on, dumbass!
You would obviously know since you have about a 3rd grade math education. Shall I prove it? You keep SAYING I fucked up but I'm still waiting for you to SHOW US WHERE. Show us ONE OTHER PERSON who agrees with you!

WHERE? PROVE IT, TOUGH GUY. Talk is cheap, especially coming out of your mouth.

Or can't you even prove a 3rd grade math error wrong?

Rockhead Tory, tackling all of the truly tough and important issues of the day.

Please just go away! You are making start to feel sorry for your pathetic little brain.

Where should I go "Admiral?" We were all talking about the electoral college until YOU inserted your fat fuck of a face into the topic trying to claim I made an addition error, and 23 posts later after having been proven a liar and dead wrong again every way come Sunday, you're still trying to save face with more bullshit and lies! I'm not going anywhere, assclown! Next, I will c&p the original post you attacked and dare you for the 11th time to show me where the math error was, "teacher!" :auiqs.jpg: Funny, you're the only one who seems to see it! Must be that "new math" you teach. What a total head case you are.

Put me on ignore if you can't handle the truth.

You have to realize...that because of the Depression the Republican Party was DEAD for decades. The elected only one Republican to the Presidency from 1932 till 1968. That's 36 years. That meant liberal SCOTUS Justices. Brown v Board, Roe V Wade,Civil RIghts. All things they hated.

On top of that they lost Congress for the most part all the way until the 90s. That's a lot of grievance stored up and they are doing everything possible to make this a one party system...a MINORITY one party system.

And the Depression killed them not so much because they caused it, but rather because thy had no response to it. That New Deal worked. It worked so well that it took nearly 40 years for people to forget how vacuous and callous the Republican Party is.

And Republicans have been working REALLY hard to dismantle the New Deal ever since Reagan. Look what's happened to the middle class since then...
The New Deal worked only as a means of getting FDR reelected. He used all the money the government was spending to buy votes. He spent on a lavish scale in those counties where he needed votes.

As a solution to the Depression, the New Deal was a total flop. In fact, it turned a sharp but short recession into the Depression.

You have to realize...that because of the Depression the Republican Party was DEAD for decades. The elected only one Republican to the Presidency from 1932 till 1968. That's 36 years. That meant liberal SCOTUS Justices. Brown v Board, Roe V Wade,Civil RIghts. All things they hated.

On top of that they lost Congress for the most part all the way until the 90s. That's a lot of grievance stored up and they are doing everything possible to make this a one party system...a MINORITY one party system.

And the Depression killed them not so much because they caused it, but rather because thy had no response to it. That New Deal worked. It worked so well that it took nearly 40 years for people to forget how vacuous and callous the Republican Party is.

And Republicans have been working REALLY hard to dismantle the New Deal ever since Reagan. Look what's happened to the middle class since then...
The New Deal worked only as a means of getting FDR reelected. He used all the money the government was spending to buy votes. He spent on a lavish scale in those counties where he needed votes.

As a solution to the Depression, the New Deal was a total flop. In fact, it turned a sharp but short recession into the Depression.
Yea...funny how our country did GREAT from the 40s all the way to the 80s....and then you fuckers stated rolling back New Deal policies. The middle class has been getting crushed ever since and oh look ..The Great Recession

My party???

So what? The EC votes went to the candidate that got the most votes. Who should they go to, the one with the least?

Please put me on ignore and you won't have to be embarrassed every time you show your ass!

Now, STFU, and go away. Anyone with a third grade math education knows you fucked up. Suck it up and move on, dumbass!
You would obviously know since you have about a 3rd grade math education. Shall I prove it? You keep SAYING I fucked up but I'm still waiting for you to SHOW US WHERE. Show us ONE OTHER PERSON who agrees with you!

Please just go away! You are making start to feel sorry for your pathetic little brain.

Where should I go "Admiral?" We were all talking about the electoral college until YOU inserted your fat fuck of a face into the topic trying to claim I made an addition error, and 23 posts later after having been proven a liar and dead wrong again every way come Sunday, you're still trying to save face with more bullshit and lies! I'm not going anywhere, assclown! Next, I will c&p the original post you attacked and dare you for the 11th time to show me where the math error was, "teacher!" :auiqs.jpg: Funny, you're the only one who seems to see it! Must be that "new math" you teach. What a total head case you are.

I don't ignore anyone anymore. Don't need to. I'd rather watch you keep making a horse's ass of yourself. You're like a drunk who's fallen down into a pile of dog shit, then stumbles around telling everyone else they stink. Priceless. What's it going to be next? :popcorn:

I don't ignore anyone anymore. Don't need to. I'd rather watch you keep making a horse's ass of yourself. You're like a drunk who's fallen down into a pile of dog shit, then stumbles around telling everyone else they stink. Priceless. What's it going to be next? :popcorn:

You need to lay off the booze while posting. You are just a mean drunk!

I'm done. You need to just go somewhere and sleep it off.

If the State declares they're going to select electors based on the national popular vote, but the state's voters had voted for the other candidate, how are they not losing their voting rights and being disenfranchised?

As far as federal laws go, the Voting Rights Bill of 1965 was passed to eliminate discriminatory provisions that kept blacks from voting. Constitutional amendments have dealt with extending the voting franchise to specific groups. In 19th amendment gave the franchise to women, the 26th does not permit states to deny the vote because of age to anyone that's at least 18.

And none of that is relevant to the discussion.

Au contraire, Elizabeth Warren is in favor of getting rid of the Elector College in order to decide the presidency based on the nation's popular vote. However the quickest way to achieve the end goal would be to leave the U.S. Constitution alone and have states enact the National Popular Vote law, which 13 states with a total of 181 electoral votes have already done. That's two-thirds the way there in terms of the 270 electoral votes needed to select a president.

So, you and Elizabeth Warren just want to ignore how things are supposed to work to substitute your opinion for that of the national compact? Ridiculous.

If the State declares they're going to select electors based on the national popular vote, but the state's voters had voted for the other candidate, how are they not losing their voting rights and being disenfranchised?

As far as federal laws go, the Voting Rights Bill of 1965 was passed to eliminate discriminatory provisions that kept blacks from voting. Constitutional amendments have dealt with extending the voting franchise to specific groups. In 19th amendment gave the franchise to women, the 26th does not permit states to deny the vote because of age to anyone that's at least 18.

Au contraire, Elizabeth Warren is in favor of getting rid of the Elector College in order to decide the presidency based on the nation's popular vote. However the quickest way to achieve the end goal would be to leave the U.S. Constitution alone and have states enact the National Popular Vote law, which 13 states with a total of 181 electoral votes have already done. That's two-thirds the way there in terms of the 270 electoral votes needed to select a president.

So, you and Elizabeth Warren just want to ignore how things are supposed to work to substitute your opinion for that of the national compact? Ridiculous.

You've made a couple of assumptions, primarily on how things are suppose to work. I on the other hand understand that our federal Constitution calls for the vote of the Electoral College to determine our president and that there is no Constitutional provision or federal law that requires its electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their states.

Another of your assumptions is that I share Elizabeth Warren's desire to change things. To you I say again, au contraire. Reality as I see it is that a national popular vote will most easily come about through ignorance of those people who count on the federal courts to prevent any change. I make no such assumption because I always hope the courts use the Constitution as their guide rather than some artificial standard such as how posters like you think things are suppose to work.

Yea...funny how our country did GREAT from the 40s all the way to the 80s....and then you fuckers stated rolling back New Deal policies. The middle class has been getting crushed ever since and oh look ..The Great Recession
We emerged from WW 2 as the sole world power. The ravaged world retooled while our strongest job creators slowed down and the employees held the industrial might we had to like a gun to a head of the companies. Strikes by auto employees and steel workers slowed growth down. Our nation peaked by the 1960's. Those industries started to slowly wane as the government unions picked up the pace and the taxpayer became the blood donors. So by the earl 1970's when we cut the last tie to gold from Bretton Woods and the loans from the space program, the great society and the viet nam war came due with the help of the quotas and affirmative action our nation started its decline. The 1970's was a malaise. Foundation ended and human payouts expanded massively. The debts we built up were so bad that the Federal Reserve raised the rates into double digits under Volker in Reagans' beginning years as president. Every downturn has been worse since then. The last one we had quantitive easements and bull crap foundation packages totaling trillions and trillions of dollars. Another downturn will be much worse. There was no rollbacks. We went legaly broke and now live off of printing fiat currency and other people suffer for it.

You've made a couple of assumptions, primarily on how things are suppose to work. I on the other hand understand that our federal Constitution calls for the vote of the Electoral College to determine our president and that there is no Constitutional provision or federal law that requires its electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their states.

Another of your assumptions is that I share Elizabeth Warren's desire to change things. To you I say again, au contraire. Reality as I see it is that a national popular vote will most easily come about through ignorance of those people who count on the federal courts to prevent any change. I make no such assumption because I always hope the courts use the Constitution as their guide rather than some artificial standard such as how posters like you think things are suppose to work.

Each of the States chose to have their population decide how their electoral votes would be allocated. Now, the movement is to allow other states to decided how their electoral votes would be allocated. That is Ridiculous!

You can try to distract or create another sort of argument, as you do there, but that doesn't change the fact that the whole idea is ridiculous!

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she fully supports abolishing the Electoral College and moving toward a national vote, the first time the 2020 presidential candidate has publicly taken the stance.

“My view is that every vote matters,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to roaring applause at her CNN presidential town hall at Jackson State University in Mississippi. “And the way we can make that happen is that we can have national voting, and that means get rid of the Electoral College.”

More: Elizabeth Warren Calls For Getting Rid Of The Electoral College

Amen! I couldn't agree more! Elections should be about people - not acreage! BTW, the rest of the link is worth reading.
So you believe we should accept the opinion of Elizabeth Warren, the woman who lied about her ancestry for decades?

Having done the math it turns out that red states get MORE EC votes (per capita) than blue states. I have no doubt that if blue states had the same advantage conservatives would have already started that civil war they dream of.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she fully supports abolishing the Electoral College and moving toward a national vote, the first time the 2020 presidential candidate has publicly taken the stance.

“My view is that every vote matters,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to roaring applause at her CNN presidential town hall at Jackson State University in Mississippi. “And the way we can make that happen is that we can have national voting, and that means get rid of the Electoral College.”

More: Elizabeth Warren Calls For Getting Rid Of The Electoral College

Amen! I couldn't agree more! Elections should be about people - not acreage! BTW, the rest of the link is worth reading.
So you believe we should accept the opinion of Elizabeth Warren, the woman who lied about her ancestry for decades?

Having done the math it turns out that red states get MORE EC votes (per capita) than blue states. I have no doubt that if blue states had the same advantage conservatives would have already started that civil war they dream of.

Blue states would if they had less population. The idea of the EC is to give less populated states some power to have a say as to who our President should be.

Each of the States chose to have their population decide how their electoral votes would be allocated. Now, the movement is to allow other states to decided how their electoral votes would be allocated. That is Ridiculous!

You can try to distract or create another sort of argument, as you do there, but that doesn't change the fact that the whole idea is ridiculous!

No argument from me that a national popular vote would be ridiculous. My postings here have consistently been to the point that those of us against such change would be foolish to rely on the federal court to shoot down a change that is Constitutional.

I can't dumb down that message enough to get it through to some people who believe the law of the land is how they perceive things. I suggest to these people to google the term, "faithless elector" and begin their own journey of understanding that the present system of allowing political parties to determine our electors is just as much a bastardization of the system as that being newly proposed.

My party???

So what? The EC votes went to the candidate that got the most votes. Who should they go to, the one with the least?

At the very least they should go proportionally. When you only pull 47% you don't deserve to call it "100".

If you're buying a house and the seller wants $100,000 do you hand him $47k and tell him the deal is done?

A unanimous vote in anything else means "absolutely, no doubt about it, we all agree on X". Obviously if a given state is so split that nobody is the choice of everybody or even a majority, it's dishonest to go to Congress and go "oh wow man, it's amazing, literally everybody in our state voted for X". That's absolute bullshit and it insults the voters of that state and tosses 53% of their votes directly into the crapper. The end result is that more people in that state could agree that their votes were tossed into the crapper than the number who agreed to vote for X.

Last edited:

My party???

At the very least they should go proportionally. When you only pull 47% you don't deserve to call it "100".

If you're buying a house and the seller wants $100,000 do you hand him $47k and tell him the deal is done?

A unanimous vote in anything else means "absolutely, no doubt about it, we all agree on X". Obviously if a given state is so split that nobody is the choice of everybody or even a majority, it's dishonest to go to Congress and go "oh wow man, it's amazing, literally everybody in our state voted for X". That's absolute bullshit and it insults the voters of that state and tosses 53% of their votes directly into the crapper. The end result is that more people in that state could agree that their votes were tossed into the crapper than the number who agreed to vote for X.

Yes, it's called being a sore loser.

When you vote for your Governor, the people that cast their vote against him or her had their vote tossed out. That's the way contests work. This isn't a foot race or baseball where you have second best, third best and so forth. If you vote for a candidate and your candidate loses, then you lose too because the other people won.

Forum List

Back