Emails Reveal President Obama Shut Down WW2 Memorial Knowing Vets Were Coming!

It really doesn't matter now does it? Obama, the most powerful man in the world. The man who changes law with a mere stroke of a pen. A man who sends our men into harms way to bomb Syria and Libya. Couldn't keep the memorials open, amazing how the liberal left lauds his military adventures then in the next breath make the case that he is impotent. Simply amazing.

Damn...could you explain what you just posted?

Really? You didn't understand that I was saying you were accusing Obama of being so powerless he couldn't keep a memorial open? Really you are that unaware?

That's it?

When ALL National Parks are closed in a shutdown, why should one memorial be singled out to remain open?

In the chaos of a Government shutdown, you expect our messiah, the most powerful man on earth, to go to every Government site being impacted by the Republican Shutdown to decide whether it could be spared or not?

Last edited:
And as for your excuse that they only had two days to figure this all out? Did they not KNOW that a shut down was looming? Did they not know this for months before hand? That's about as lame a reason for what happened as I've ever heard.

Did the WWII vets know the memorials would be closed?

Shouldn't they have known that MONTHS in advance?

Some of the WWII vets scheduled their visit several months in advance and had no way of knowing that Obama would refuse to negotiate with the Congress.

And as for your excuse that they only had two days to figure this all out? Did they not KNOW that a shut down was looming? Did they not know this for months before hand? That's about as lame a reason for what happened as I've ever heard.

Some of the WWII vets scheduled their visit several months in advance and had no way of knowing that Obama would refuse to negotiate with the Congress.

It was in all the papers........GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN

They were headed to Washington, you know, where the Government is located? And nobody thought to enquire what would and would not be open?

Do you understand what a "Fence" is?

Google it and get back to me

You can call it what you like, Winger...they still had to pay to put it up. Care to take a guess as to what THAT cost us taxpayers?

You think it is included in the $26 Billion that was wasted in the Republican Shutdown?

Just curious, but does that $26 Billion include government employees salaries, since they were all paid every dime they would have earned if they had been on the job, and that even included overtime pay that was not earned.

They were headed to Washington, you know, where the Government is located? And nobody thought to enquire what would and would not be open?

That is because they didn't think the Commander in Chief would stick it to vets.

Really? You didn't understand that I was saying you were accusing Obama of being so powerless he couldn't keep a memorial open? Really you are that unaware?

That's it?

When ALL National Parks are closed in a shutdown, why should one memorial be singled out to remain open?

In the chaos of a Government shutdown, you expect our messiah, the most powerful man on earth, to go to every Government site being impacted by the Republican Shutdown to decide whether it could be spared or not?

He, and his party, caused it so yeah.

You can call it what you like, Winger...they still had to pay to put it up. Care to take a guess as to what THAT cost us taxpayers?

You think it is included in the $26 Billion that was wasted in the Republican Shutdown?

Just curious, but does that $26 Billion include government employees salaries, since they were all paid every dime they would have earned if they had been on the job, and that even included overtime pay that was not earned.

I would hope it would

That's it?

No, I would expect him to delegate that job down the chain of command to those who actually run those sites. Who is Barack Obama to make that call? He knows about as much about how the National Parks run as he does about economics...which is to say...LITTLE!

What's obvious is that the Obama White House obviously put a great deal of thought into how they would put maximum pressure on the GOP in the advent of a shutdown by closing things the general public LIKES, like the National Parks. Too bad they didn't put half the thought into what should be closed to save money and what should remain open to save money. But then again...this was NEVER about cost cutting...it was always about politics.

I would hope it would

LOL...so you're admitting that your 26 billion number is a total fabrication? Good to know.

That's it?

No, I would expect him to delegate that job down the chain of command to those who actually run those sites. Who is Barack Obama to make that call? He knows about as much about how the National Parks run as he does about economics...which is to say...LITTLE!

What's obvious is that the Obama White House obviously put a great deal of thought into how they would put maximum pressure on the GOP in the advent of a shutdown by closing things the general public LIKES, like the National Parks. Too bad they didn't put half the thought into what should be closed to save money and what should remain open to save money. But then again...this was NEVER about cost cutting...it was always about politics.

What part of a PARK, makes it an essential government function?

I would hope it would

LOL...so you're admitting that your 26 billion number is a total fabrication? Good to know.

CBO number not mine. Do you call paying people for three weeks of time they were sent home wasted money?

That's it?

What part of closing down things that cost more to close than to keep open is really stupid, don't you grasp, Winger? All I'm saying is that if the Obama White House really cared about cost cutting instead of playing politics they would have had things close that were expensive to keep open and keep things like the WWII monument open because it cost more to close it than it did to keep it open. That didn't happen because this was ALWAYS about making it as painful for the American people as possible and blaming it on the GOP.

I would hope it would

CBO number not mine. Do you call paying people for three weeks of time they were sent home wasted money?

No, I'm calling including that pay as "lost" to the economy is ridiculous. It was delayed for a slight amount of time. What really happened was Federal workers got a three week paid vacation. Gee, sure is tough working for the Government!!!

If this doesn't suggest that our unconstitutional putative president doesn't respect our WW2 vets and servicemen, then I don't know what to say.

I bet Christie is wishing he was a Democrat now, which is ironic since it's hard to tell him apart from one...

That is because they didn't think the Commander in Chief would stick it to vets.

Let's look at the big picture

The Republican Shutdown sent home government workers at the VA who were nonessential. That means veterans benefits, disability claims and issues with benefits could not be processed. But do Republicans care about THOSE veterans? Of course not

Not when they can get photo-ops with WWII vets in wheelchairs who couldn't get into a park

No, I'm calling including that pay as "lost" to the economy is ridiculous. It was delayed for a slight amount of time. What really happened was Federal workers got a three week paid vacation. Gee, sure is tough working for the Government!!!
You are not an accountant are you?

WE Taxpayers paid for labor that was not performed. That money was lost

Tough working for the Government? Ask them about the 12 day unpaid furloughs Congress gave them

Last edited:

What part of closing down things that cost more to close than to keep open is really stupid, don't you grasp, Winger? All I'm saying is that if the Obama White House really cared about cost cutting instead of playing politics they would have had things close that were expensive to keep open and keep things like the WWII monument open because it cost more to close it than it did to keep it open. That didn't happen because this was ALWAYS about making it as painful for the American people as possible and blaming it on the GOP.

The sequester was about cost cutting

When the Government is shut down, it is not about saving money but not being authorized to spend it. Now Congress, not wanting to be tarred and feathered for their incompetence, makes an exception........Essential Government functions are allowed to stay open. Dont want people dying because Congress can't do their jobs

Now......Finally......How can PARKS be considered an essential function?

Do you even know what the Mall is?

It is the open space between the monuments. Shutting down the entire Mall is not practical. Protecting the monuments is

Those "illegals"you made up did not have access to the monuments either. I don't know where you pulled that picture but no way is that the National Mall. Why are you making shit up?

Those vets also had full access to the mall

You are, to paraphrase, the "World's Dumbest Politician' Joe Biden, a F'Kn idiot!...Even your subversive loving NBC has proclaimed he shut down THE MALL and has pictures.... Moron, they call themselves progressives because they have no guts!

"Government Shutdown Closes National Mall, Monuments"

"We have 3,000 permitted events on the Mall every year. While the government is shut down, all of those events have to be canceled, including [the Honor Flight]," Johnson said. "We have a wonderful time with the vets that come and visit. A superintendent comes out and greets them ... but that can't be tomorrow."

Government Shutdown Closes National Mall, Monuments | NBC4 Washington

The National Mall was not shut down

It was open during the whole Republican shutdown. Even WWII vets had open access to the mall area

So, you're saying that what NBC prints and produces for TV is a lie, are you not?

That's it?

Perhaps the part that kept the golf course open at Edwards AFB for the Manchurian muslim to play on during the shutdown!...all other AFB golf courses where dumbo wasn't playing were closed during the presidents shutdown.

Perhaps the part that kept the golf course open at Edwards AFB for the Manchurian muslim to play on during the shutdown!...all other AFB golf courses where dumbo wasn't playing were closed during the presidents shutdown.

Golf Courses at military bases stay open because they are not funded by Congress. They operate on something called Non Appropriated Funds (NAF). This means the courses operate like a non-profit organization. They charge fees and operate the course off of those fees.

Edwards is in the desert, Obama doesn't play there. But if he was so inclined, it would have been open.

Forum List

Back