Embattled New York Governor Acerbic Andrew Cuomo implies that Trump is worse than covid

Show us where in the Constitution the President is allowed to shut states down.

Show me where he isn't.
Tenth Amendment, Dumbfuck. If it isn't specifically spelled out as a power given to the Federal Govt, it is a right of the states and the people.

You lose, loser.

States rights are grounded in the United States Constitution under the 10th Amendment to the United States Constitution. The 10th Amendment states that “the powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

from the article, here's the money quote:

"It will be a double-barreled shotgun of incompetence," Cuomo told reporters during a press briefing in Albany. "You know what virus is worse than Covid? The virus of American division and federal incompetence. That's the virus that's wreaking havoc on this country."
But you lied about "embattled." Which I believe is a violation of rules, not the mods will touch a Trump thread.

Tenth Amendment, Dumbfuck. If it isn't specifically spelled out as a power given to the Federal Govt, it is a right of the states and the people.

You lose, loser.

Still, nothing that says that he can't order a nation-wide lockdown... but okay, I know you have to pretend his incompetence wasn't a factor.

Hint- hint - This buck-passing shit didn't work with Bush in Katrina, why do you think it will work now?

Um, States had the authority to shut down. Trump had no authority to shut states down, Stupid.

Sure he did. He just didn't use it. In fact, he's frustrated every attempt to get this thing under control, it's why we have the most cases and the most deaths.

GO!
The feds have power to regulate interstate commerce but the FACT TRUMP called for the States to shutter for 14 days. He shit himself when the Dow crashed and reversed course

You lose, loser.

Still, nothing that says that he can't order a nation-wide lockdown... but okay, I know you have to pretend his incompetence wasn't a factor.

Hint- hint - This buck-passing shit didn't work with Bush in Katrina, why do you think it will work now?
Congress with the potus signature would have the power under the commerce clause … even with Kegs and Alito. FDR shut down the entire banking system temporarily so perhaps the Emergency Powers Act goes that far. But it may be one of those things where a potus can do something temporaily, and find authorization after the fact.

POTUS has no such authority.

Meanwhile, NY has a death rate worse than Italy or Spain.

Your hero Fauci applauded the NY reaction to the Wuhan virus. Which, if the nation followed the Cuomo method, would have ~600,00 dead Americans. And the MSM says nothing about the stupid remark by Fauci.

You lose, loser.

Yes, there is. The 10th Amendment prohibits it, Moron.

I love how the Constitution always baffles you leftist window lickers. :iyfyus.jpg:

Um, States had the authority to shut down. Trump had no authority to shut states down, Stupid.

Sure he did. He just didn't use it. In fact, he's frustrated every attempt to get this thing under control, it's why we have the most cases and the most deaths.

GO!
The feds have power to regulate interstate commerce but the FACT TRUMP called for the States to shutter for 14 days. He shit himself when the Dow crashed and reversed course

It was advice, as your link clearly says. There was no shut down order from Trump.

es, there is. The 10th Amendment prohibits it, Moron.

No, it really doesn't. The constitution is not a suicide pact. 140K people are dead, I really don't care if not saving them was constitutional or not. Trump didn't save them.

Out he goes.

es, there is. The 10th Amendment prohibits it, Moron.

No, it really doesn't. The constitution is not a suicide pact. 140K people are dead, I really don't care if not saving them was constitutional or not. Trump didn't save them.

Out he goes.
Yes, it does.

Like I said...........Dimwinger ignorance on the Constitution is always amusing to me.

Yes, it does.

Like I said...........Dimwinger ignorance on the Constitution is always amusing to me.

No, it really doesn't. If Trump had saved 100K lives, no one would have had an issue with him.

Instead he lost 100K lives and now he's going down for the count.

Yes, it does.

No, it really doesn't. If Trump had saved 100K lives, no one would have had an issue with him.

Instead he lost 100K lives and now he's going down for the count.

Yes it does. Your ignorance doesn't trump the Constitution, Dummy.

Right now, Trump is sending Federal Troops into cities that didn't ask for them and don't really want them.

So the idea that he doesn't have the power to order a nationwide lockdown that almost everyone would have supported is bunk.

Right now, Trump is sending Federal Troops into cities that didn't ask for them and don't really want them.

So the idea that he doesn't have the power to order a nationwide lockdown that almost everyone would have supported is bunk.
Hey stupid, Trump has the authority, and obligation, to protect federal property.

He is prohibited by the 10th Amendment from forcing a national shutdown.

You are an idiot.

Hey stupid, Trump has the authority, and obligation, to protect federal property.

Okay. He's not protecting Federal Property, he's nabbing people off the street and gassing the mayor of Portland.

He's sending agents into cities that didn't ask for them.

He is prohibited by the 10th Amendment from forcing a national shutdown.

Not at all. Absolutely nobody would have called him out on it, even if it were. Unless he fucked it up, which he probably would, but then he'd be called on for fucking it up.

from the article, here's the money quote:

"It will be a double-barreled shotgun of incompetence," Cuomo told reporters during a press briefing in Albany. "You know what virus is worse than Covid? The virus of American division and federal incompetence. That's the virus that's wreaking havoc on this country."

He is hardly embattled. New York is able to re-open because they didn't follow Trump's advice.

Forum List

Back