Emma Gonzalez Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
That worked so well with Cruz....didn't it?

The FBI wanted to have another school shooting, probably not the last either

^How does one take this seriously?

Steps the FBI took after received 37 tips that Cruz was dangerous:

End of list

I think we can all agree the FBI didn't do enough. To claim the FBI was wanting or even not taking action in the hopes that this kid would shoot up a school is moronic and demonstrates how diseased the alt-right have become.

Crisis Actors and retarded conspiracies, this is where the far right is leading you.

I agree with you on the FBI. But what's truly moronic and demonstrates how diseased the left has become is that you still want to pretend gun laws will work and when we're getting shot we should call a cop and wait for them to arrive to direct traffic

I'm interested in getting guns away from people who shouldn't have them. You're out their creating strawmen as usual. Let me know when you get back into orbit.

You guys keep doing this. Someone says 'gun control' and you immediately stroke out and think they are talking about repealing the 2nd amendment.

I'm referring to increased background checks to include ridding ourselves of gun show and private sale loopholes. Banning certain components of guns such as bump stocks and extended clips. Involve mental health professionals more directly into the background check system. Raising the age of purchase to 21, not allowing those who are facing domestic abuse charges to own/purchase guns.

You find a real poll where any of that is unpopular.

Keep idiots and morons who have a documented history of being unable to control themselves from owning guns.

You think we're idiots and believe your BS. Judge Stevens just said it our loud, you want to repeal the 2A. Just own up to it!

I don't want to overturn the 2nd as I own a gun and of course I think you guys are idiots.

Had Hillary won, you would have had your 5th gun grabber SCOTUS vote and the 2A would be history and the FBI would never have been outed as the Democrat Party SS.

The SCOTUS can't overturn the 2nd amendment, this is yet another reason why I think you're an idiot.

They can rule that there is no individual right to arms.

Try again

Opinion | John Paul Stevens: Repeal the Second Amendment

"In 2008, the Supreme Court overturned Chief Justice Burger’s and others’ long-settled understanding of the Second Amendment’s limited reach by ruling, in District of Columbia v. Heller, that there was an individual right to bear arms. I was among the four dissenters...."

Yep. That the Bill of Rights aren't individual rights is how corrupt the SCOTUS is

I see, well we have for better or worse 3 branches of government outlined by our forefathers. What would be a better system Kaz? It appears to me you're willing to take down our democracy rather than institute some common sense gun control measures. Congrats, patriot*.

You're supporting that the Bill of Rights aren't individual rights and you're asking me that question? We have a Federal government. Forget the farce it has become and Google what the term means

You think we're idiots and believe your BS. Judge Stevens just said it our loud, you want to repeal the 2A. Just own up to it!

I don't want to overturn the 2nd as I own a gun and of course I think you guys are idiots.

Had Hillary won, you would have had your 5th gun grabber SCOTUS vote and the 2A would be history and the FBI would never have been outed as the Democrat Party SS.

The SCOTUS can't overturn the 2nd amendment, this is yet another reason why I think you're an idiot.

Try again

That's already been decided, there is precedent to that you have the right to bear arms.

Yes, to you of course bearing arms meaning the gun is at home in a gun safe

Does it? When have I ever said that, Kaz? Put up or shut up ya' lying douche.

You never move past the Democrat talking points. Ever. That's on you, slick, not me

View attachment 184892

King cited Gonzalez's Cuban heritage as a reason why she should love guns, as Castro removed all weapons from its citizenry. A lie.

Castro never confiscated all guns, and in fact, Cuba had an active citizen militia for many years, especially after the Bay of Pigs invasion in 1961. GunPolicy.org puts current private gun ownership there at several hundred thousand.

So, another baseless lie that the right often uses to shore up its attacks on its enemies.

Steve King Attacks Emma González With Offensive Meme

It’s offensive to point out that she is wearing the symbol of a brutal violent regime? How?
She is Cuban American. One of her parents, I think. Try going to Little Havana and saying shit about the Cuban flag. Go ahead. Make my day.

You really think they are going to disagree that the Cuban government is beutalyand violent? They did flee for a reason.

Why is it you never see Senator Cruz or Rubio flying a Cuban flag?

Because they wouldn't have the balls to call attention to their own ancestry in the Republican party?

Here are some anti-Castro protesters.

AR-141229946.jpg

Anyone know when Emma's family fled the Progressive Paradise of Cuba: No guns, universal healthcare, low carbon foot print?

Why wont she hop an inner tube with Hogg and head back to Paradise

Emma was born in the US. She wore the flag to honor her father.

González was not born in Cuba, but her father is a native-born Cuban who immigrated from that island country to New York City in 1968 and now works in the U.S. as an attorney for a cybersecurity company.

FACT CHECK: Was Emma González Wearing a Cuban Flag Patch During Her 'March for Our Lives' Speech?

Cut it with the BS and lies - or not.

Either way, these kids are gonna bite you bigly.

Does that change the fact that it’s the symbol of a brutal violent regime?

So you’re alright with people wearing the confederate flag to honor their fathers? And you won’t assume they are racist?

Try again

"In 2008, the Supreme Court overturned Chief Justice Burger’s and others’ long-settled understanding of the Second Amendment’s limited reach by ruling, in District of Columbia v. Heller, that there was an individual right to bear arms. I was among the four dissenters...."

Yep. That the Bill of Rights aren't individual rights is how corrupt the SCOTUS is

I see, well we have for better or worse 3 branches of government outlined by our forefathers. What would be a better system Kaz? It appears to me you're willing to take down our democracy rather than institute some common sense gun control measures. Congrats, patriot*.

You're supporting that the Bill of Rights aren't individual rights and you're asking me that question? We have a Federal government. Forget the farce it has become and Google what the term means

Once again, more strawmen. Kaz, you're going to have to respond to what I say rather than continuing to imagine your own conversation.

You're not the brightest bulb on the strand are ya? Pretty much a waste of time also.

She stepped onto the national debate on gun control....THAT situation.

Oh! THAT situation. The one where seventeen of her classmates and teachers were killed? I don't even know how many wounded.

You're right. How the hell dare she.

There are many in that class who aren’t trying to be famous by taking away the rights of others.

Being a victim doesn’t give you a free pass that allows you to say and do what you want without consequence.
What consequence do you propose?

People speaking against you
As is their constitutional right

What is not a right is posting fake news, photo shop and doctored videos to smear these victims
I’m pretty sure Photoshop is protected under the First Amendment

That worked so well with Cruz....didn't it?

It didn't, the background check system is too weak and there is not an adequate way for mental health problems to be included in the check. Also, he purchased the guns while under 21. So, yeah there ya' go.

He was never put into the system,moron, having no record will do that.

Right, it's one of those things about the background check system that needs to be corrected. What is so difficult for you to not understand?

How to you "correct" government incompetence and indifference? Hey, 17 people died at the hands of bureaucratic incompetence, no biggie. We just need to correct that. The problem is we aren't pretending that gun laws will work.

Kaz, what efforts do you think the FBI should have taken that you would agree to? Maybe even you and I can agree on something.

1) In this case, they should have forwarded the tips they received on Cruz to the local authorities, and they repeatedly didn't

2) In general, the FBI should have a massive effort to clean the gun check database and ensure that everyone who has had their right to buy a gun restricted with due process is in the gun check database and no one else is in the database

3) The FBI should arrest or help local authorities arrest (depending on jurisdiction) anyone who tries to buy a gun and fails the background check

2 and 3 are why I currently oppose gun checks. There is no consequence to failing one. So it's only an obstacle to honest citizens

It didn't, the background check system is too weak and there is not an adequate way for mental health problems to be included in the check. Also, he purchased the guns while under 21. So, yeah there ya' go.

Right, it's one of those things about the background check system that needs to be corrected. What is so difficult for you to not understand?

Be corrected? It would have worked if he'd been put on it. Are you nuts? Oh wait.....

He's disingenuous. Do you notice all these leftist gun owners (sic) never say, "Democrats want to eliminate guns. I don't." They always pretend they don't realize what the Democratic party's true goal is, which is why they are not credible.

Do some people want to repeal the 2nd? Sure, it's not going to happen but I wouldn't deny there are people there who think that. What's your point? You asked/assumed what my views are and got it wrong.

I was pissed at the Republicans for not being fiscally conservative. I left the party, I didn't pretend they were

But you still voted for them....him.

There aren't "some people" in the Democrat party who want to outlaw guns completely, Democrats overwhelmingly do. That you don't realize that is why I say you're lying. If you really believed in gun checks but did not want to restrict honest citizens from guns, you would be keenly aware of what Democrats post constantly all over the board every day in threads that you're participating in

Anyone know when Emma's family fled the Progressive Paradise of Cuba: No guns, universal healthcare, low carbon foot print?

Why wont she hop an inner tube with Hogg and head back to Paradise

Right.... more attacks on the people, and not on the arguments.

Why do you think this is okay? Why do you think that attacking people is a justified tactic of "debating" politics?

You mean like accusing people who weren’t there of murder and having blood on their hands because they disagree with you politically? Which is exactly what Emma and many of these other kids are doing

They're accusing people of something they know they did. How they choose to frame that is up to them.

But then again you're saying "if teenage kids do it, then we can do it too", what does that make you all? Nothing better than a bunch of teenage kids.

Aren't the NRA supposed to be GROWN UPS?

These kids are reacting to something that has happened and impacted their world. Their political knowledge isn't great and they're searching for answers to their problems. You can't necessarily expect them to be totally right.

However what the NRA is doing is spending a lot of money to attack these kids, and they're KIDS. They're at HIGH SCHOOL for fuck's sake, and you lot are going after them like they deserve it.

You're like a mafia, if a small child gets in your way, you get rid of them without battering an eye lid, and on Sunday you're in church pretending to be pious again.

Right.... more attacks on the people, and not on the arguments.

Why do you think this is okay? Why do you think that attacking people is a justified tactic of "debating" politics?

The FBI wanted to have another school shooting, probably not the last either

^How does one take this seriously?

Steps the FBI took after received 37 tips that Cruz was dangerous:

End of list

I think we can all agree the FBI didn't do enough. To claim the FBI was wanting or even not taking action in the hopes that this kid would shoot up a school is moronic and demonstrates how diseased the alt-right have become.

Crisis Actors and retarded conspiracies, this is where the far right is leading you.

I agree with you on the FBI. But what's truly moronic and demonstrates how diseased the left has become is that you still want to pretend gun laws will work and when we're getting shot we should call a cop and wait for them to arrive to direct traffic

I'm interested in getting guns away from people who shouldn't have them. You're out their creating strawmen as usual. Let me know when you get back into orbit.

You draw zero distinction between yourself and the left who want to eliminate guns completely. Straw man my ass.

You seriously believe you believe in the right of gun ownership and use for honest citizens, and you can't come up with one thing you disagree with the anti-gun zealots that dominate your party on?

That's on you, boy-chick, not me

Try again

That's already been decided, there is precedent to that you have the right to bear arms.

You never move past the Democrat talking points. Ever. That's on you, slick, not me

I don't think there is a singular opinion on concealed carry in the Democratic Party or maybe even elsewhere as each state has it's own laws.

Not that you asked but I'll answer anyway so that maybe you can check yourself on all the assumptions you're making.

I think in order to carry you should have a license and to get that license your criminal and mental health record should be squeaky clean. I also believe that the license should be renewable, in other words every 2, 4 or whatever number of years you go through the background check system to ensure you're still with the law. Credible accusations of domestic abuse (i.e. arrested, charged or have a restraining order against you) require the temporary removal of your right to carry. Oh, and of course in order to carry you need to take and pass a training class and retake the class when your license is up for renewal.

As for the DNC, some would think that doesn't go far enough and others would think it goes too far. What do I care?

I am in now way against carrying a weapon, I just think that is reserved for people who can prove they aren't complete morons.

Progressives: we want Americans unarmed. Sure, it might not turn into a Progressive Dictatorship that brutally crushes, rounds up and murders its unarmed citizens like every other time in human history going back to caveman times, but that's a chance you'll have to take

Here's some examples:

18th Century Scots: "A series of draconian laws against the Scots in the eighteenth century strove to eliminate Highlands culture: the clans were effectively broken up, the traditional kilts were outlawed, and the Highlanders were disarmed."

Scotland

death-by-government.png

Try again

Once again, more strawmen. Kaz, you're going to have to respond to what I say rather than continuing to imagine your own conversation.

You asked me a question, I answered it. You don't know what a Federal government means and you don't care. So you sent fur flying and ran away

Be corrected? It would have worked if he'd been put on it. Are you nuts? Oh wait.....

He's disingenuous. Do you notice all these leftist gun owners (sic) never say, "Democrats want to eliminate guns. I don't." They always pretend they don't realize what the Democratic party's true goal is, which is why they are not credible.

Do some people want to repeal the 2nd? Sure, it's not going to happen but I wouldn't deny there are people there who think that. What's your point? You asked/assumed what my views are and got it wrong.

I was pissed at the Republicans for not being fiscally conservative. I left the party, I didn't pretend they were

But you still voted for them....him.

There aren't "some people" in the Democrat party who want to outlaw guns completely, Democrats overwhelmingly do. That you don't realize that is why I say you're lying. If you really believed in gun checks but did not want to restrict honest citizens from guns, you would be keenly aware of what Democrats post constantly all over the board every day in threads that you're participating in
"There aren't "some people" in the Democrat party who want to outlaw guns completely, Democrats overwhelmingly do."

Stop kazzing. That complete and utter bullkaz.

Try again

I don't think there is a singular opinion on concealed carry in the Democratic Party or maybe even elsewhere as each state has it's own laws.

Not that you asked but I'll answer anyway so that maybe you can check yourself on all the assumptions you're making.

I think in order to carry you should have a license and to get that license your criminal and mental health record should be squeaky clean. I also believe that the license should be renewable, in other words every 2, 4 or whatever number of years you go through the background check system to ensure you're still with the law. Credible accusations of domestic abuse (i.e. arrested, charged or have a restraining order against you) require the temporary removal of your right to carry. Oh, and of course in order to carry you need to take and pass a training class and retake the class when your license is up for renewal.

As for the DNC, some would think that doesn't go far enough and others would think it goes too far. What do I care?

I am in now way against carrying a weapon, I just think that is reserved for people who can prove they aren't complete morons.

1) You obviously don't believe in the Constitution since your standard is not due process and you believe it's up to gun owners to prove to the government they should be allowed to own a gun

2) You're a lying moron that you chalk up that while most Democrats want guns to be illegal to well, if there's one person in the Democrat party who doesn't want that, then you don't need to disagree with any Democrats. Again, I left the Republican party because the party isn't fiscally conservative. Your standard of one other fiscal conservative in the party wasn't good enough for me. And you the sure hell don't apply that Standard to Republicans that if one agrees with you the rest of them are OK

3) You OK with other Constitutional rights being applied with your standard that you need to prove to government you deserve them and you're not entitled to due process to be denied them?

And ask your drug dealer about your theory that if you make it illegal for someone to buy a gun, they can't get one. What do you suppose they would say? Yeah, man. I can't sell drugs, they're illegal ...

Idiot

How to you "correct" government incompetence and indifference? Hey, 17 people died at the hands of bureaucratic incompetence, no biggie. We just need to correct that. The problem is we aren't pretending that gun laws will work.

Kaz, what efforts do you think the FBI should have taken that you would agree to? Maybe even you and I can agree on something.

1) In this case, they should have forwarded the tips they received on Cruz to the local authorities, and they repeatedly didn't

Sure, agree. I think they could have done more but it's a start.

2) In general, the FBI should have a massive effort to clean the gun check database and ensure that everyone who has had their right to buy a gun restricted with due process is in the gun check database and no one else is in the database

Yep, so you're fine with the FBI keeping a list of people who are allowed to buy a gun? As opposed to the background check system simply checking someone's criminal record when they try to get a gun? There is a difference, not sure you know what you are saying here, lefty.

3) The FBI should arrest or help local authorities arrest (depending on jurisdiction) anyone who tries to buy a gun and fails the background check

I'm OK with that. Just curious, how big do you want to inflate the FBI?

2 and 3 are why I currently oppose gun checks. There is no consequence to failing one. So it's only an obstacle to honest citizens

So what you are saying is you want a registry of sorts for people who are legally able to purchase a gun and you want to grow the FBI's responsibility.

OK.

Try again

You asked me a question, I answered it. You don't know what a Federal government means and you don't care. So you sent fur flying and ran away

No, I don't believe I ever asked a question that would result in your answer.

Yep, so you're fine with the FBI keeping a list of people who are allowed to buy a gun? As opposed to the background check system simply checking someone's criminal record when they try to get a gun? There is a difference, not sure you know what you are saying here, lefty.

The right to buy a gun being restricted with due process of law MEANS criminal history, you stupid piece of shit. You're a complete waste of time

I'm OK with that. Just curious, how big do you want to inflate the FBI?

Inflate the FBI by their following up on people who just committed a crime? WTF? The FBI's job is to put criminals in jail, you stupid piece of shit. These are people who committed a crime by trying to buy a gun when that right was restricted with due process of law. Arresting people for committing crimes is the FBI's job. Seriously, you're really not a bright guy

No, I don't believe I ever asked a question that would result in your answer.

You asked me what would be a better system than the one we have now. I answered what our government was designed to be, a Federal government.

Dude, you're an idiot. Seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back