Emma Gonzalez Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would also benefit us to redefine what assault weapons are so that when we call for a ban against them, it’s clear that we aren’t trying to ban all guns.
Redefine assault weapons? That would imply you people actually defined them in the first place. You didn’t. I wish you would. But you didn’t.

They were defined by law we had an assault weapons ban. I'd like to see a genuine debate about what that entails in 2018.

“Directly from Emma Gonzalez:

We need to digitize gun-sales records, mandate universal background checks, close gun-show loopholes and straw-man purchases, ban high-capacity magazines, and push for a comprehensive assault weapons ban with an extensive buyback system.

It would also benefit us to redefine what assault weapons are so that when we call for a ban against them, it’s clear that we aren’t trying to ban all guns. No one needs to use an assault weapon to protect themselves while walking home at night. No one should be allowed to use an AR-15 to strategically hunt people, which, in case anyone forgot, is what made us speak out in the first place.”

Emma Gonzalez is clearly an intelligent and thoughtful young woman; and I wholeheartedly support and applaud her participation in the political process and our free and democratic society.

Her proposals are well-considered, succinctly expressed, and perfectly consistent with current Second Amendment jurisprudence.

And I respectfully stand in opposition to her proposals, save for a universal background check – which would have the effect of closing the gun show ‘loophole,’ as universal background checks and the gun show ‘loophole’ are the same issue.

Strawman purchases are currently illegal.

There should be no records of gun sales – digitized or otherwise; it’s the responsibility of gunowners to keep records of their firearms, not the government.

There is no rational basis in support of banning high capacity magazines or assault weapons – less than two percent of gun crime and violence are committed with long guns, even fewer with assault weapons; given such a ban would have little or no effect on reducing overall gun crime and violence, a ban wouldn’t be justified, and likely not withstand a court challenge.

Ms. Gonzalez is correct that lawmaking bodies determine what is or is not an assault weapon; a semi-automatic AR 15 is in fact an assault weapon as a fact of law.

Last, whether one ‘needs’ an AR 15 or not is not the purview of government regulatory policy; citizens are not required to ‘justify’ the exercising of a fundamental right as a ‘prerequisite’ to indeed do so. The burden rest solely with government to justify it's desire to place limits and restrictions on citizens’ rights and protected liberties.

Last edited:
“Directly from Emma Gonzalez:

We need to digitize gun-sales records, mandate universal background checks, close gun-show loopholes and straw-man purchases, ban high-capacity magazines, and push for a comprehensive assault weapons ban with an extensive buyback system.

It would also benefit us to redefine what assault weapons are so that when we call for a ban against them, it’s clear that we aren’t trying to ban all guns. No one needs to use an assault weapon to protect themselves while walking home at night. No one should be allowed to use an AR-15 to strategically hunt people, which, in case anyone forgot, is what made us speak out in the first place.”

Emma Gonzalez is clearly an intelligent and thoughtful young woman; and I wholeheartedly support and applaud her participation in the political process and our free and democratic society.

Her proposals are well-considered, succinctly expressed, and perfectly consistent with current Second Amendment jurisprudence.

And I respectfully stand in opposition to her proposals, save for a universal background check – which would have the effect of closing the gun show ‘loophole,’ as universal background checks and the gun show ‘loophole’ are the same issue.

Strawman purchases are currently illegal.

There should be no records of gun sales – digitized or otherwise; it’s the responsibility of gunowners to keep records of their firearms, not the government.

There is no rational basis in support of banning high capacity magazines or assault weapons – less than two percent of gun crime and violence are committed with long guns, even fewer with assault weapons; given such a ban would have little or no effect on reducing overall gun crime and violence, a ban wouldn’t be justified, and likely not withstand a court challenge.

Ms. Gonzalez is correct that lawmaking bodies determine what is or is not an assault weapon; a semi-automatic AR 15 is in fact an assault weapon as a fact of law.

Last, whether one ‘needs’ an AR 15 or not is not the purview of government regulatory policy; citizens are not required to ‘justify’ the exercising of a fundamental right as a ‘prerequisite’ to indeed do so. The burden rest solely with government to justify it's desire to place limits and restrictions on citizens’ rights and protected liberties.
That's a poll tax on guns. I'm not saying someone wrote that for her, but it's irrelevant WHO said it - it's unconstitutional.

I don't care about her hair or sexual orientation; if she wants to parrot the latest DNC talking point on disarming Americans that's her business. The 2A was not about hunting squirrels, it was making sure Americans had the necessary firepower to maintain their freedom.

End of story.

She sure did a Castro like tactic ripping the constitution. That is for sure.
That was fake, you fool. You guys were such easy pickings for the Russians.
Yes, but there isn't a 'figurative' Constitution, which is what she is tearing up.

I know, it went right over your head.
You'll fall for anything.
I'm not falling for anything.

She is figuratively trying to tear up the Constitution by imposing government where it is specifically banned.

One need not have a physical paper to shred the Constitution.

Speaking of falling for anything. Do you support the removal of a gun to stop school violence?

Anyone know when Emma's family fled the Progressive Paradise of Cuba: No guns, universal healthcare, low carbon foot print?

Why wont she hop an inner tube with Hogg and head back to Paradise
You must be very, very afraid of that little girl. In 20 years, she or someone like her will be president. :D

piece of crap!

shame on her!!!

Skye

You repeatedly demonstrate you are a dimwit with the propaganda you post

Why does someone proud of their Cuban heritage need to speak Spanish?

That was fake, you fool. You guys were such easy pickings for the Russians.
Yes, but there isn't a 'figurative' Constitution, which is what she is tearing up.

I know, it went right over your head.
You'll fall for anything.
I'm not falling for anything.

She is figuratively trying to tear up the Constitution by imposing government where it is specifically banned.

One need not have a physical paper to shred the Constitution.

Speaking of falling for anything. Do you support the removal of a gun to stop school violence?
She's doing no such thing. She's not seeking a repeal of the 2nd Amendment.

That was photoshopped you moron. The original was her ripping up a target, then some good little NRA pinhead photoshopped it to make it look like she ripped up the Constitution.

But, if you were willing to believe Pizzagate, then I guess you will believe anything.

So if I can show you a photo of a Democrat photo shop, you're going to condemn that just as strongly?

No. It wouldent get him any thank you emoji from his libtard buttbuddies.

Actually, I already answered that question further up the thread. Meme's do nothing for me one way or the other. I nothing them. If they are funny, I might laugh, but that is about it. And no, funny doesn't just stick to one party.

But.............if they are used to intentionally slander someone of something they didn't do (tearing up the Constitution), I think something bad should happen to the photoshop perpetrator.

ABikerSailor on a Republican meme: Whoa, what a lie!

AbikerSailor on a Democrat meme: Meh, memes don't mean anything to me

Exactly as Crixus said

That was photoshopped you moron. The original was her ripping up a target, then some good little NRA pinhead photoshopped it to make it look like she ripped up the Constitution.

But, if you were willing to believe Pizzagate, then I guess you will believe anything.

So if I can show you a photo of a Democrat photo shop, you're going to condemn that just as strongly?

No. It wouldent get him any thank you emoji from his libtard buttbuddies.

Actually, I already answered that question further up the thread. Meme's do nothing for me one way or the other. I nothing them. If they are funny, I might laugh, but that is about it. And no, funny doesn't just stick to one party.

But.............if they are used to intentionally slander someone of something they didn't do (tearing up the Constitution), I think something bad should happen to the photoshop perpetrator.

. . . so you are against freedom of speech and freedom of expression?

Interesting.

Not surprising given many of the political stands you take. . . .

Making false statements about someone and passing them on as truth isn't freedom of expression, it's slander.

And, in my quest to support this country and the Constitution, I spent 20 years in the military.

Sure you did, Sport. Every leftist on the board was in the military and is a gun owner and avid shooter.

If you're one of the few not lying, maybe you should challenge some of the others like Joe B and Bodecea who obviously are lying

Anyone know when Emma's family fled the Progressive Paradise of Cuba: No guns, universal healthcare, low carbon foot print?

You must be very, very afraid of that little girl. In 20 years, she or someone like her will be president. :D

If someone like her becomes President, it won't be America any longer

If someone like her becomes President, it won't be America any longer
LOL Oh, that's funny. I am laughing out loud. And smiling. It will be America, just not the America bigots and racists want.

Holy Hucklefvck, this thread delivers a message of White Supremacy.
Well, Emma Gonzalez is a skin-head so... :dunno:
Is she really a skin-head as in how the name skin-head is known politically and socially or is your calling her a skin-head just another one of your routine lies and dishonest ways to disparage and demonize some kid who is making you and your ilk feel insecure and afraid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back