Emma Gonzalez Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, a poor snowflake ^^^ cowering in his safe space

We can pry his talking points out of his cold dead fingers.
what are you going to shoot him with first - your cold quick calculating wit?

What percentage of private sales of guns were sold to people with a criminal background? I bet you don't know and that's a problem.

Google is your friend.

"Recent studies that look at prisoners who had a gun when they committed a crime found that between 3 and 11 percent purchased the weapon at a store or gun show"

MSNBC's Joe Scarborough: Tiny fraction of crimes committed with legal guns

What percentage of private sales of guns were sold to people with a criminal background? I bet you don't know and that's a problem.

Google is your friend.

"Recent studies that look at prisoners who had a gun when they committed a crime found that between 3 and 11 percent purchased the weapon at a store or gun show"

You need to read your link a little more thoroughly. There are huge caveats and private gun sales being one of them. The studies were small in some cases the weapons were gifted to the criminal which I think needs to go through a background check and I don't expect many criminals to buy their guns at a gun store simply because of the background check. Anyway, your link as Politifact implies is unsubstantiated.

It wasn't meant to be a final number, just a ball park. Those things aren't going to change the numbers a lot. Most crimes are committed with illegally purchased guns

You are going with the very fallible argument of if it doesn't work 100% of the time then it;'s not worth it.
Sweetheart, it will fail 100% of the time. No criminal will provide their actual information when trying to purchase a firearm in a private sale if they are doing a “self background check”.

Joy here is literally trying to make the case that someone like Cruz would “police” themselves. :lmao:

It won't, it doesn't fail for other processes. But if it makes you feel better we could set up post offices to run background checks. They do passports, why not NICS checks.

Yeah, for sure.

Like background checks prevent shooters from getting a gun. That's just stupid. Oh wait, that's you.

They prevent people with a criminal record from easily obtaining one. I'm for that.

I got one. The NRA is responsible for this because they teach citizens to use guns safely! That's just whacked! Oh wait, that's you too.

They are a lobbying organization that is against most if not all common sense gun control measures. They do teach gun safety courses as well. It appears they do both at the same time so try to wrap your simple little brain around that.

Here we go. If you make guns illegal, people can't get them. You know, like drugs! Oops. You again.

I'm not for outlawing guns so take it somewhere else.

OK, this one's good. People can't carry guns across an open southern border! Bam! Oh wait, you again.

I suppose they can, should we make that legal? Of course not.

What was your point???

My point here was taking apart your post.

You're going after a small percent of crimes, Holmes. And sorry, this doesn't mean the 3-11% couldn't have just bought a gun illegally

Right, you're just repeating yourself at this point.

Bottom line you're against background checks, most everyone else is not.

That's not exactly my position, but you're thinking criminals who sell illegal guns are going to do background checks? You probably do.

Guns are legal now and most crimes are committed with illegal guns. But when we make guns illegal, poof, they'll disappear, right? LOL

Google is your friend.

Google is your friend.

You need to read your link a little more thoroughly. There are huge caveats and private gun sales being one of them. The studies were small in some cases the weapons were gifted to the criminal which I think needs to go through a background check and I don't expect many criminals to buy their guns at a gun store simply because of the background check. Anyway, your link as Politifact implies is unsubstantiated.

It wasn't meant to be a final number, just a ball park. Those things aren't going to change the numbers a lot. Most crimes are committed with illegally purchased guns

How do you know this?

How many criminals get their hands on guns via legal methods? Your link doesn't cover this at all.

Well, Emma Gonzalez is a skin-head so... :dunno:
Is she really a skin-head as in how the name skin-head is known politically and socially or is your calling her a skin-head just another one of your routine lies and dishonest ways to disparage and demonize some kid who is making you and your ilk feel insecure and afraid?

She's a fascist who wants to violently shut up anyone against her political views. Sounds pretty skin head to me

Translation: She disagrees with you and has a differing point of view.

Thanks, Peewee

You really hate to be wrong and have it pointed out to you, don't you?

All you did is repeat what I said back to me. That's your speed

He also has to show up in person with an id to get the gun.
No...you said he would just provide the background check verification number he received in the “self background check”. Are you changing your “plan” now that I’ve illustrated the astounding flaws in your previous plan?

Yeah, for sure.

Like background checks prevent shooters from getting a gun. That's just stupid. Oh wait, that's you.

They prevent people with a criminal record from easily obtaining one. I'm for that.

I got one. The NRA is responsible for this because they teach citizens to use guns safely! That's just whacked! Oh wait, that's you too.

They are a lobbying organization that is against most if not all common sense gun control measures. They do teach gun safety courses as well. It appears they do both at the same time so try to wrap your simple little brain around that.

Here we go. If you make guns illegal, people can't get them. You know, like drugs! Oops. You again.

OK, this one's good. People can't carry guns across an open southern border! Bam! Oh wait, you again.

What was your point???

You're going after a small percent of crimes, Holmes. And sorry, this doesn't mean the 3-11% couldn't have just bought a gun illegally

That's not exactly my position, but you're thinking criminals who sell illegal guns are going to do background checks? You probably do.

Why are you calling private sellers criminals?

Guns are legal now and most crimes are committed with illegal guns. But when we make guns illegal, poof, they'll disappear, right? LOL

Who said they want to make guns illegal? Please, I beg you Kaz, for once in your little worthless life don't make up someone else's argument, actually read what they post.

Is she really a skin-head as in how the name skin-head is known politically and socially or is your calling her a skin-head just another one of your routine lies and dishonest ways to disparage and demonize some kid who is making you and your ilk feel insecure and afraid?

She's a fascist who wants to violently shut up anyone against her political views. Sounds pretty skin head to me

Translation: She disagrees with you and has a differing point of view.

Thanks, Peewee

You really hate to be wrong and have it pointed out to you, don't you?

All you did is repeat what I said back to me. That's your speed

Who is repeating?

Google is your friend.

Google is your friend.

How do you know this?

How many criminals get their hands on guns via legal methods? Your link doesn't cover this at all.

WTF? That's what the link is about, what do you mean it doesn't cover it

No, the intent is not there. Jesus fuck, people. How do you make it from the bedroom to the PC without a white cane and a German Shepherd??

They would make more sense if the german shepherd was the one using the keyboard....

No...you said he would just provide the background check verification number he received in the “self background check”. Are you changing your “plan” now that I’ve illustrated the astounding flaws in your previous plan?

He would need to bring a verification number and yes of course his ID and then the seller would have to verify thorugh NICS the accuracy of the number.

Yeah, for sure.

What was your point???

Who said they want to make guns illegal? Please, I beg you Kaz, for once in your little worthless life don't make up someone else's argument, actually read what they post.

Just more inane babble by the bobble head

But if it makes you feel better we could set up post offices to run background checks. They do passports, why not NICS checks.
Rather than the post office though, I would propose the local police department or sheriff’s department. They are more qualified to handle the background checks and firearm issues/concerns.

Just more inane babble by the bobble head

Right, still a waste of time. I point out that your'e not really responding to my posts but more or less an argument you're having in your head and you reply by basically ignoring my post again.

Color me shocked.

But if it makes you feel better we could set up post offices to run background checks. They do passports, why not NICS checks.
Rather than the post office though, I would propose the local police department or sheriff’s department. They are more qualified to handle the background checks and firearm issues/concerns.

Post office already handles passports which this would be more akin too since it's just verifying identify and probably cheaper but sure, why not the police or sheriff.

He would need to bring a verification number and yes of course his ID and then the seller would have to verify thorugh NICS the accuracy of the number.
But now the problem is your right back to the personal safety issue. When I show my ID, the seller has my personal information. You may as well have allowed them to run the background check in the first place. You suggestion about the post office was exponentially better.

But now the problem is your right back to the personal safety issue. When I show my ID, the seller has my personal information. You may as well have allowed them to run the background check in the first place. You suggestion about the post office was exponentially better.

Paranoid, but whatever.

Post office already handles passports which this would be more akin too since it's just verifying identify and probably cheaper but sure, why not the police or sheriff.
Also, law enforcement centers are open 24x7. Post Offices have very limited hours. The more convenient you make it for citizens, the less likely they will be to oppose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back