🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

End religious tax-exemption

As I stated before, here in jesusland

Storefront churches a property tax issue

Well-established churches, with their towering steeples and worship signs, are a common sight in Jackson, part of the South's Bible Belt. What is not so noticeable, at first glance, are the number of churches in old store fronts — from former bank buildings to closed neighborhood cleaners.

This is especially true in south Jackson, where the number of such churches is on the rise. With lower overhead and more flexibility, smaller congregations can establish and maintain a presence. And property owners, if the space is donated, can have it removed from tax rolls.

Storefront churches a property tax issue

What a friend they have in je$u$

jefferson-quote-e1428430128306.jpg

Tax-Churches.jpg

Last edited:
Alaska town is right to tax churches

Estimates vary, but studies show exempting religion from taxes in America costs the taxpayers between $71 billion and $83.5 billion a year, according to the New Civil Rights Movement. For comparison, America’s food stamp program costs about $75-80 billion a year.

Giving churches special tax exemptions violates the separation of church and state. By providing a financial benefit to religious institutions, government is supporting religion.

A tax break for churches forces all American taxpayers to support religion, even if they oppose some or all religious doctrines:

No church property is taxed and so the infidel and the atheist and the man without religion are taxed to make up the deficit in the public income thus caused.

- Mark Twain

Giving churches special tax exemptions violates the separation of church and state.by providing a financial benefit to religious institutions, government is supporting religion

Lmao talk about spin..... By them not collecting taxes is honoring seperation of church and state.
So why should the public support shamanism with their tax dollars? What gives it the special place?

How are they supporting them?
To tax them means their is no seperation between church and state.
By taxing property off the tax rolls means less funding for the public needs such as schools, by giving one group tax free status the government is giving privilege to region

The problem is that the power to tax is the power to regulate. People decide to join and donate. The government shouldn't get jealous that there are dollars going by they can't skim off of. I know many think it's government money in the first place but it really isn't. I'm not for greedy pastors but greedy politicians are a dime a dozen.

Estimates vary, but studies show exempting religion from taxes in America costs the taxpayers between $71 billion and $83.5 billion a year, according to the New Civil Rights Movement. For comparison, America’s food stamp program costs about $75-80 billion a year.

Giving churches special tax exemptions violates the separation of church and state. By providing a financial benefit to religious institutions, government is supporting religion.

A tax break for churches forces all American taxpayers to support religion, even if they oppose some or all religious doctrines:

No church property is taxed and so the infidel and the atheist and the man without religion are taxed to make up the deficit in the public income thus caused.

- Mark Twain

Giving churches special tax exemptions violates the separation of church and state.by providing a financial benefit to religious institutions, government is supporting religion

Lmao talk about spin..... By them not collecting taxes is honoring seperation of church and state.
So why should the public support shamanism with their tax dollars? What gives it the special place?

By taxing property off the tax rolls means less funding for the public needs such as schools, by giving one group tax free status the government is giving privilege to region
And why should my taxes go to programs that have nothing to do with government
Plan Parenthood has nothing whatsoever to with governing yet you want my tax dollars to go to them.
It's the same damn thing.

- Mark Twain

Its not "one" group guno it's in the constitution ( about religions) we are not talking Wal-Mart here...

So now you think the government can spend the money that was given as charity/offering/tithe better then the church?

Btw Catholic priests still live on the poverty line, my uncle is one of them

Religions should be able to deduct what the portion they do for charity just like any other business.

Why should someone get a tax free ride for choosing to become a shaman or witch doctor ? Should a social worker or a teacher get the same tax break? .

I had two friends that become catholic priests but left after 8 and ten years , they went to work as social workers at a hospitals in the Bronx and Brooklyn , should they have gotten a tax free ride?

Last edited:
The Cult of Cimarron

How do you balance faith with human needs? Religious leaders want to see their congregations flourish financially, but their doctrines preach humility and empathy and charity.

This dilemma is magnified in multi-cultural America, where everyone wants to be a spiritual mechanic.

When I watch the fame-paranoia Woody Allen film "Celebrity" [1998], which presents the vignette of a wild and bratty American movie star named Brandon Darrow who drowns every jaded human instinct in a puddle of self-gratification, I think about how vigilantism in America is a real sentiment and that jurisprudence frustration is a real consequence of capitalism-compromised democracy.

That's why I appreciate the social significance of crime-consciousness American comic book super-villains such as Kingpin (Marvel Comics), a wily tycoon with a taste for the underworld, and Two-Face (DC Comics), a disfigured rogue district attorney named Harvey Dent who becomes a terrifying terrorist.

If you end religious tax-exemption, you might as well end crime glorification in the media.

:afro:

Maniac Cop (Film)

two-face.jpg

Forum List

Back