Enough blaming "RW Conservatives" that corporations are people

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
It is codified and agreed to, by both parties, that Corporations are people:

§ 1-201, Clause 27, Uniform Commercial Code:
§ 1-201. General Definitions. | UCC - Uniform Commercial Code | LII / Legal Information Institute

"Person" means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, government, governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, public corporation, or any other legal or commercial entity.

Get a clue libbies. I don't like this definition either, but it's not a "right-wing dogma," it's codified law. Let's change it!

The Uniform Commercial Code (UCC or the Code), first published in 1952, is one of a number of uniform acts that have been promulgated in conjunction with efforts to harmonize the law of sales and other commercial transactions in all 50 states within the United States of America.

Last edited:

§ 1-201. General Definitions. | UCC - Uniform Commercial Code | LII / Legal Information Institute

"Person" means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, government, governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, public corporation, or any other legal or commercial entity.

Get a clue libbies. I don't like this definition either, but it's not a "right-wing dogma," it's codified law. Let's change it!
I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.

Believe? This is not something you can simply "believe" or "disbelieve" it's fucking codified into law, whether you "believe" it or not.

Yes, it's a terrible definition that needs to be changed, but "disbelieving" what is written won't help towards that end.

Believe? This is not something you can simply "believe" or "disbelieve" it's fucking codified into law, whether you "believe" it or not.

Yes, it's a terrible definition that needs to be changed, but "disbelieving" what is written won't help towards that end.
A corporation is an entity that exists only on paper.

Although it has the legal rights of a living, breathing, human being, it is not one.

Corporations should not be considered "persons", nor should they have any say in the politics of this nation. It should be illegal for any corporation to have a voice in our political system, or have direct contact with any elected official.

This country is "We the people", not "We the people, Inc."

Although it has the legal rights of a living, breathing, human being, it is not one.

Corporations should not be considered "persons", nor should they have any say in the politics of this nation. It should be illegal for any corporation to have a voice in our political system, or have direct contact with any elected official.

Yes, I agree with you. And? It seems like you're trying to disagree with me.

Yes, I agree with you. And? It seems like you're trying to disagree with me.
Actually, this is one of my "hot buttons" and I was just pontificating for a moment, it had nothing to do with you.

But I do agree we need to go beyond the "bitching about it" part and actually do something to change it. This is definitely an issue that needs us to take the next step.

Personally, I think we should vote out all incumbents, right or left, until we get back the government that is loyal to us and not the over 39,000 registered Washington lobby groups. If the turnover rate gets high enough, perhaps politicians will start catching the clue, that just like anyone else, if they don't do the job they were hired to do, then we'll get somebody who can.

The law regarding corporations are persons and SCOTUS decisions like Citizens United, have stripped us of our representation in government.

The Uniform Commercial Code (UCC or the Code), first published in 1952, is one of a number of uniform acts that have been promulgated in conjunction with efforts to harmonize the law of sales and other commercial transactions in all 50 states within the United States of America.

Citizens United made Corporations people. You are correct, it's not a Right Wing or Left Wing law today because both parties took part in it. But it's like NAFTA. Sometimes when things don't work out, the Left says, "This isn't working out' and the Right says, "they voted for it too"

I'm curious why the Right can't learn from mistakes. Because on paper, the Right Wing should be winning...

Last edited by a moderator:

Enron, next question?

If Corporations are people then answer this;

All Corporations, statistically have every party/class of voter. So how is it justified that money these people helped earn goes to a campaign they don't vote for. That's illegal. You can educate your employee's on politics at your own expense, but you can't force them to vote your way. Yet this is happening.

So does that apply to Unions as well, or are they different?

Citizens United made Corporations people. You are correct, it's not a Right Wing or Left Wing law today because both parties took part in it. But it's like NAFTA. Sometimes when things don't work out, the Left says, "This isn't working out' and the Right says, "they voted for it too"

I'm curious why the Right can't learn from mistakes. Because on paper, the Right Wing should be winning...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlPQkd_AA6c]Romney: Corporations Are People, My Friend. - YouTube[/ame]

Remind us again how you don' take sides....

:bang3:

So does that apply to Unions as well, or are they different?

Unions are a variety of parties, not one party. I don't understand your question. Unions don't vote together in politics :bang3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlPQkd_AA6c]Romney: Corporations Are People, My Friend. - YouTube[/ame]

Remind us again how you don' take sides....

I guess I had better get this out of the way on this thread, sorry this is off topic everyone.

I take sides on EVERY matter. I am a single topic, single opinion person. I DO NOT resort to a party platform like most people do to get my answers.

I get my answer from my brain and I have an answer to everything. Right or wrong, that's up for debate. I always compliment the person that beats me at a debate. The last time was about a month ago. I don't like being that person that has to say, "I was wrong, you are right" so I keep learning to prevent being wrong.

I'm not sure why you would think I don't have opinions because I'm antiparty:doubt:

Corporations are good as they
1. Hire millions of people
2. this increases the living standard of our country as more people have income.
3. They innovate and are a large percentage of our innovativeness as a nation. Apple, intel, hp, facebook, google, etc...
4. They feed the population for less. A small single room business would cost far more as quality is important!

Both extremes are nuts as they don't make any sense...If the leftist anti-corporate people had their way we would be as fucked as the losertrians!

Corporations are good as they
1. Hire millions of people
2. this increases the living standard of our country as more people have income.
3. They innovate and are a large percentage of our innovativeness as a nation. Apple, intel, hp, facebook, google, etc...
4. They feed the population for less. A small single room business would cost far more as quality is important!

Both extremes are nuts as they don't make any sense...If the leftist anti-corporate people had their way we would be as fucked as the losertrians!

No one said corporations aren't good LOL!

Following the thread at all?

Or are you just taking the side of the weak minded people that bow to Industry and let them get away with everything they want because it might "trickle down"? News flash, Corporations have all time high profits and workers wages are at an all time low. Learn.

Last edited:

All Corporations, statistically have every party/class of voter. So how is it justified that money these people helped earn goes to a campaign they don't vote for. That's illegal. You can educate your employee's on politics at your own expense, but you can't force them to vote your way. Yet this is happening.

So obviously you are just as against these facts...
CNN exit polls showed that 38 percent of union members voted for President Bush in the 2004 election, but more than 95 percent of union funds went to support Democratic presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry.

A 1999 Zogby poll found a majority of union members—nearly 55 percent—thought people should be given a choice of investing their Social Security taxes in some form of personal retirement accounts.
But union officials spent millions of dollars to oppose private accounts in the Social Security system.

Between 1990 and 2010, 93 percent of donations made by National Education Association political action committees and individual officers went to Democrats, according to OpenSecrets.org.

YET!!!

According to the NEA’s own “Status of the American Public School Teacher 2005-2006,”
(latest available data produced March 2010) only 41 percent of public school teachers are Democrats.
Union Facts | Use of Dues for Politics

Talk about taxation without representation!
Unions' leadership have traditionally given MORE to Democrats and yet NOT all union members vote democrat.
So how is that fair? People having their dues used to promote Democrats but the union member is GOP?

Citizens United made Corporations people.

Citizens United affirmed that Corporations are people. They've been people since the 1950's under the UCC (and actually even earlier in the 20th Century with the predecessors to UCC).

And corporations lobbied Congress to list them as "people", with all of the rights and none of the responsibilities. It's all legal. They paid Congress to make it that way.

So obviously you are just as against these facts...
CNN exit polls showed that 38 percent of union members voted for President Bush in the 2004 election, but more than 95 percent of union funds went to support Democratic presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry.

A 1999 Zogby poll found a majority of union members—nearly 55 percent—thought people should be given a choice of investing their Social Security taxes in some form of personal retirement accounts.
But union officials spent millions of dollars to oppose private accounts in the Social Security system.

Between 1990 and 2010, 93 percent of donations made by National Education Association political action committees and individual officers went to Democrats, according to OpenSecrets.org.

YET!!!

According to the NEA’s own “Status of the American Public School Teacher 2005-2006,”
(latest available data produced March 2010) only 41 percent of public school teachers are Democrats.
Union Facts | Use of Dues for Politics

Talk about taxation without representation!
Unions' leadership have traditionally given MORE to Democrats and yet NOT all union members vote democrat.
So how is that fair? People having their dues used to promote Democrats but the union member is GOP?

Im not against what you posted, no.

As it stands I'm fully aware that more people in unions believe in a fair days pay which seems to be only a Democratic perspective. So yes, it seems Unions are Left Wing.

I also know that some unions had flaws and forced people into their unions that didn't want to be in them.

You seem to be justifying Citizens United because certain Unions got out of control.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back