Enter the Age of Censorship, FCC circumvents Congress to classify internet as Public Utility

The only mention of Executive Action is in the title. Sorry buddy....you want something to be there that isnt

"The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives this month revealed that it is proposing to put the ban on 5.56 mm ammo on a fast track, immediately driving up the price of the bullets and prompting retailers, including the huge outdoors company Cabela's, to urge sportsmen to urge Congress to stop the president."

Thats not Executive Action...Sorry you didnt read your own link.

Maybe you have something that shows what Executive Action he issued or will issue. You dont tho...because you cant find one. Must be a liberal conspiracy

BATFE is an executive branch agency. The actions of all executive branch agencies are executive actions.

You are correct that this action was not an official Executive Order signed by the President, but even then, you have no way of knowing if this executive action was ordered by said President unofficially. Indeed, considering his past public statements, one could easily assume this action was at least prompted by the President's own words.

Of course I'm right...These fucktards are known for intermingling issues and actions to claim something happened that didnt happen at all.

You do know what happens when you assume dont you?

When I assume, I am usually proved to be correct...unless of course I want to make an ass of u and me. Assuming that the ATF's actions are directly related to the public pronouncements of the President is a pretty safe assumption.

Yeah but an assumption isnt proof of anything. I'm asking for proof not assumptions and rumors.

Of course since no proof exists..that means it really must be true!!! Like The Fountain of Youth

So basically you need proof that you need to take a crap before you'll believe you have to take a crap. Bet your ole lady loves washing your soiled skivvys.

You realize you have no grasp whatsoever of this topic, right?

^^^ liberal playbook page 1, deflect with a personal insult. Don't deflect, go ahead tell us who's going to pay the costs of net neutrality I'm sure we'll find your explanation fascinating.
What does neutrality cost now? You need to be reminded that this came about because service providers were seeking to change the internet to be more like cable tv. Any changes that come about because of this are nothing compared with what the cable companies had in store for us
Consolidation is not always a bad thing. It quite often makes things far more efficient and cheaper.
The internet is the modern equivalent of public square, anyone with server space and a domain name can put practically anything they want up there and there is nothing anyone can do to stop them unless the cable companies get their way. They want to be the gatekeepers to what you see just like TV and that cannot be allowed.

Incorrect...but that delusion will be proven incorrect soon enough now that the feds have gotten their regulation-happy little hands on da intrawebz. Now the gatekeepers you mention will have their own gatekeepers to answer to.
Free speech is protected even on the internet, want to explain the mechanism government control of the internet might look like?

Avoiding the We the People (via Congress) Obama's FCC classifies the internet as a public utility, a trojan horse for unrestrained censorship against "hate speech."

It passed just this hour in a 3-2 vote.

Good to know that chief lobbyist for the bill was appointed by Obama (and funded by George Soros) to lead the new regulations.

Define "hate speech"?

Do you mean that people opposed to gay marriage will be shut down for "hate speech"? Depends on who is running the store at that point. Any attempt to clamp down on traditional marriage advocates will result in elections like 2014. It will be greasing the skids for a defiant American populace to return to conservative values.

ie: be careful what you wish for because as-yet, the voting booth is still a private venue where free speech is always protected..

Avoiding the We the People (via Congress) Obama's FCC classifies the internet as a public utility, a trojan horse for unrestrained censorship against "hate speech."

It passed just this hour in a 3-2 vote.

Good to know that chief lobbyist for the bill was appointed by Obama (and funded by George Soros) to lead the new regulations.

Define "hate speech"?
In the UK and other Eurotrash nations, China and elsewhere, hate speech is simply "Speech against the Government."

The only mention of Executive Action is in the title. Sorry buddy....you want something to be there that isnt

"The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives this month revealed that it is proposing to put the ban on 5.56 mm ammo on a fast track, immediately driving up the price of the bullets and prompting retailers, including the huge outdoors company Cabela's, to urge sportsmen to urge Congress to stop the president."

Thats not Executive Action...Sorry you didnt read your own link.

Maybe you have something that shows what Executive Action he issued or will issue. You dont tho...because you cant find one. Must be a liberal conspiracy

BATFE is an executive branch agency. The actions of all executive branch agencies are executive actions.

You are correct that this action was not an official Executive Order signed by the President, but even then, you have no way of knowing if this executive action was ordered by said President unofficially. Indeed, considering his past public statements, one could easily assume this action was at least prompted by the President's own words.

Of course I'm right...These fucktards are known for intermingling issues and actions to claim something happened that didnt happen at all.

When I assume, I am usually proved to be correct...unless of course I want to make an ass of u and me. Assuming that the ATF's actions are directly related to the public pronouncements of the President is a pretty safe assumption.

Yeah but an assumption isnt proof of anything. I'm asking for proof not assumptions and rumors.

Of course since no proof exists..that means it really must be true!!! Like The Fountain of Youth

So basically you need proof that you need to take a crap before you'll believe you have to take a crap. Bet your ole lady loves washing your soiled skivvys.

No no you're right...I'm actually on my 5th straight hour of sitting on the toilet because I might have to take a crap sometime today and why wait for my body to tell me. Sure you're right...

No no you're right...I'm actually on my 5th straight hour of sitting on the toilet because I might have to take a crap sometime today and why wait for my body to tell me. Sure you're right...

There you sit, broken-hearted, tried to shit, but only farted.

You do not even know what you are fighting for,

Of course, if only I knew I would join you in fighting to end civil liberty in favor of dictatorship/

You must really like the fact that a hand-full of companies control everything that comes out of your TV screen.

It's a hell of a lot better than the FCC monopoly to AT&T that reigned while Title II of the 1934 telecom act was in force - EXACTLY what the Internet was just placed under.

Who do you think the FCC will designate as the sole ISP for the nation? Verizon? Comcast? We'll have to wait and see,

You're what, 14 or 15? You weren't born when these rules were last in place, but many of us were - we remember a government monopoly of telephones and the outrageous long distance charges. We remember only three stations on TV, because the FCC outlawed any competition using the authority of the 1934 act.

That is what you are fighting for on the internet where small start-ups do not have a chance in hell of becoming anything because the big guys have bought up all the artificially limited bandwidth and the cable company will become the gatekeeper of everything you can reasonably access on the net.

Don't be a moron, the FCC will designate a government monopoly as the only ISP. From 1934 to 1987 there was one phone company - AT&T based on the power the FCC just usurped over the internet. If this were to stand, within 2 years there would be only a single ISP. Thankfully, this will not stand.

news.PNG

Last edited:
I suppose you claim no one is seriously trying to outlaw drugs, etc.

That government can't fully succeed rarely restrains them in assaults on liberty. Look, you fight for dictatorship and the enslavement of the populace under rulers with unlimited power, I get it. But the majority still "cling to guns, god, and the Constitution." Your little tin god Obama finds it quaint, but his unconstitutional reign is opposed by many.

I expect the Republicans in Congress to smack the FCC down over this - it won't live to be implemented.
You do not even know what you are fighting for, You must really like the fact that a hand-full of companies control everything that comes out of your TV screen. That is what you are fighting for on the internet where small start-ups do not have a chance in hell of becoming anything because the big guys have bought up all the artificially limited bandwidth and the cable company will become the gatekeeper of everything you can reasonably access on the net.

Pretty sure we could come up with a solution that didnt involve turning control of the internet over to the government.
How do you think this constitutes government control? This is no more control over the internet than the first amendment is control over speech.

You have way to much trust in the government.
You do not know a bad thing when it is staring you in the face. This is a pretty clear issue once you strip away all the scare tactics of what the government might do. As it stands internet freedom won the day. What might happen down the road is anyone's guess but do not despair, nothing that might harm the internet escapes the notice of the millions of nerds around the world who are VERY protective of it. If internet freedom is your worry then always side with them, they are happy with how this turned out.

No,I'm a realist. The government does nothing unless it benefits government.
There will be taxes and there will be regulations...it's only a matter of time.
Look at the mess the government makes of everything,SS,obamacare the IRS..and speaking of the IRS. Do you really trust a government that would use the IRS as weapon with this kind of control over the internet?

No, the OP did. That's the question he can't answer.

FCC is not "da gubmint".
And it has never censored anything. So I'm still looking for the basis of this speculation.
OK... whatever... I never knew you you were dense, or such a leftist hack, sorry.

Enjoy your apathy.

That's seven.
Yup, seven times it has been explained to you and you played ignorant.

I'm simply asking where in any of this is any indication of "censorship"; where has the FCC ever censored anything; and how is FCC -- which is a creation of Congress itself -- "circumventing" Congress?

I got no answers. All I get is
hair-fire.gif
. Doesn't impress me.

Eight.
That's just incredibly dumb to think that's not what this is all about, and that they won't.

Why else do you think George Soros pumped $196,000,000.00 into getting this rammed though? You think he wants FREE SPEECH? Seriously, you can't be that ignorant. The entire WORLD knows Soros is all about.

Yeah, I think Hillary and the Pres, hate being criticized, the Benghazi issue which called out Hillary to the table, the Republicans taking back seats in the house, all things where information spread through the internet stokes their opposition. If they can limit our options for information sources we can be made more managable. Thats what they want a managable population

You do not even know what you are fighting for, You must really like the fact that a hand-full of companies control everything that comes out of your TV screen. That is what you are fighting for on the internet where small start-ups do not have a chance in hell of becoming anything because the big guys have bought up all the artificially limited bandwidth and the cable company will become the gatekeeper of everything you can reasonably access on the net.

Pretty sure we could come up with a solution that didnt involve turning control of the internet over to the government.
How do you think this constitutes government control? This is no more control over the internet than the first amendment is control over speech.

You have way to much trust in the government.
You do not know a bad thing when it is staring you in the face. This is a pretty clear issue once you strip away all the scare tactics of what the government might do. As it stands internet freedom won the day. What might happen down the road is anyone's guess but do not despair, nothing that might harm the internet escapes the notice of the millions of nerds around the world who are VERY protective of it. If internet freedom is your worry then always side with them, they are happy with how this turned out.

No,I'm a realist. The government does nothing unless it benefits government.
There will be taxes and there will be regulations...it's only a matter of time.
Look at the mess the government makes of everything,SS,obamacare the IRS..and speaking of the IRS. Do you really trust a government that would use the IRS as weapon with this kind of control over the internet?
When you can point to a specific policy that makes the internet less accessible, more expensive or less free then I will give credence to your arguments. I do not share your fears because the internet resists government control like no other construct in human history. It's like trying to hold an eel, the harder you squeeze the slipperier it gets.

Wheres the part about Executive action? You keep saying it and your article title says it but when you read there is no Executive Action at all.

So now you're translating because you cant find what you said was happening. Like some fake ass Preacher translating the word. Except this doesnt need translating. If you say its an Executive Action and you cant post any links showing its an Executive Action. Then its not.

Post the link you sad bitch....You cant because you think that your translations mean something

You're insane.

You cannot grasp rational words.

The BATFE - an EXECUTIVE arm of the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION took ACTION to outlaw common ammunition.

You are clearly not lucid - but if McDonald's food quality department decided to mandate razor blades be placed in all happy meal hamburgers - would that be an executive action and the responsibility of the CEO? Since you are not rational, I'll answer - yes it would, it is an executive decision made on behalf of and with the authority of the Chief Executive.

Wheres the part about Executive action? You keep saying it and your article title says it but when you read there is no Executive Action at all.

So now you're translating because you cant find what you said was happening. Like some fake ass Preacher translating the word. Except this doesnt need translating. If you say its an Executive Action and you cant post any links showing its an Executive Action. Then its not.

Post the link you sad bitch....You cant because you think that your translations mean something

You're insane.

You cannot grasp rational words.

The BATFE - an EXECUTIVE arm of the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION took ACTION to outlaw common ammunition.

You are clearly not lucid - but if McDonald's food quality department decided to mandate razor blades be placed in all happy meal hamburgers - would that be an executive action and the responsibility of the CEO? Since you are not rational, I'll answer - yes it would, it is an executive decision made on behalf of and with the authority of the Chief Executive.

I didnt ask for a paragraph explaining anything. I asked for proof Obama did it.

You cant...which to you means it's true

So what censorship is happening on the internet that wasn't happening before?

The FCC seized the authority to regulate the content of the Internet yesterday. Try to keep up.

No they didn't.
It's under Title 2.

It won't be long before we see videos of Open Carry Activists being removed for "offensive/hateful/terrorist content"

That won't happen either.

10mr51s.jpg

Now that we have made the internet a public utility, if you like your internet service provider, you can keep your internet service provider...ASTERISK*

*As long as that public utility internet service provider is the only one that we allow to operate where you live.

Forum List

Back