Enter the Age of Censorship, FCC circumvents Congress to classify internet as Public Utility

You realize its the poor and middle class who are going to pay for neutrality right, the left screws over the poor and middle class again shocker. /sarcasm

You realize you have no grasp whatsoever of this topic, right?

^^^ liberal playbook page 1, deflect with a personal insult. Don't deflect, go ahead tell us who's going to pay the costs of net neutrality I'm sure we'll find your explanation fascinating.
What does neutrality cost now? You need to be reminded that this came about because service providers were seeking to change the internet to be more like cable tv. Any changes that come about because of this are nothing compared with what the cable companies had in store for us

No one is seriously trying to outlaw guns, quit trying to derail the thread with your phantom fears.

I suppose you claim no one is seriously trying to outlaw drugs, etc.

That government can't fully succeed rarely restrains them in assaults on liberty. Look, you fight for dictatorship and the enslavement of the populace under rulers with unlimited power, I get it. But the majority still "cling to guns, god, and the Constitution." Your little tin god Obama finds it quaint, but his unconstitutional reign is opposed by many.

I expect the Republicans in Congress to smack the FCC down over this - it won't live to be implemented.

You realize its the poor and middle class who are going to pay for neutrality right, the left screws over the poor and middle class again shocker. /sarcasm

^^^ liberal playbook page 1, deflect with a personal insult. Don't deflect, go ahead tell us who's going to pay the costs of net neutrality I'm sure we'll find your explanation fascinating.
What does neutrality cost now? You need to be reminded that this came about because service providers were seeking to change the internet to be more like cable tv. Any changes that come about because of this are nothing compared with what the cable companies had in store for us

You think government control is free lmao :laugh:

So what censorship is happening on the internet that wasn't happening before?

No one is seriously trying to outlaw guns, quit trying to derail the thread with your phantom fears.

That government can't fully succeed rarely restrains them in assaults on liberty. Look, you fight for dictatorship and the enslavement of the populace under rulers with unlimited power, I get it. But the majority still "cling to guns, god, and the Constitution." Your little tin god Obama finds it quaint, but his unconstitutional reign is opposed by many.

I expect the Republicans in Congress to smack the FCC down over this - it won't live to be implemented.
You do not even know what you are fighting for, You must really like the fact that a hand-full of companies control everything that comes out of your TV screen. That is what you are fighting for on the internet where small start-ups do not have a chance in hell of becoming anything because the big guys have bought up all the artificially limited bandwidth and the cable company will become the gatekeeper of everything you can reasonably access on the net.

Wheres the part about the Executive Action bro? Having a hard time finding that huh? Is this the Lock Ness defense?

"Its there, just no one can see it?"

Are you insane, or simply retarded?

Who do you think "The Administration" is?

Wheres the part about Executive action? You keep saying it and your article title says it but when you read there is no Executive Action at all.

So now you're translating because you cant find what you said was happening. Like some fake ass Preacher translating the word. Except this doesnt need translating. If you say its an Executive Action and you cant post any links showing its an Executive Action. Then its not.

Post the link you sad bitch....You cant because you think that your translations mean something

You do not even know what you are fighting for, You must really like the fact that a hand-full of companies control everything that comes out of your TV screen. That is what you are fighting for on the internet where small start-ups do not have a chance in hell of becoming anything because the big guys have bought up all the artificially limited bandwidth and the cable company will become the gatekeeper of everything you can reasonably access on the net.

Pretty sure we could come up with a solution that didnt involve turning control of the internet over to the government.

Prehaps not, but the government did not start this shit. If it turns out badly blame the cable companies for not leaving well enough alone.

Pretty sure we could come up with a solution that didnt involve turning control of the internet over to the government.
How do you think this constitutes government control? This is no more control over the internet than the first amendment is control over speech.

Consolidation is not always a bad thing. It quite often makes things far more efficient and cheaper.

Prehaps not, but the government did not start this shit. If it turns out badly blame the cable companies for not leaving well enough alone.

You realize these are private companies investing their own money to bring a service to their customers, right.

I find it interesting how the left picks and chooses its enemies. There is over $1 trillion dollars of government backed student loan debt on the books, young people are being slaved out to debt before they even start their careers. Why isn't the left calling for regulation and price fixing on universities?

Consolidation is not always a bad thing. It quite often makes things far more efficient and cheaper.
The internet is the modern equivalent of public square, anyone with server space and a domain name can put practically anything they want up there and there is nothing anyone can do to stop them unless the cable companies get their way. They want to be the gatekeepers to what you see just like TV and that cannot be allowed.

The only mention of Executive Action is in the title. Sorry buddy....you want something to be there that isnt

"The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives this month revealed that it is proposing to put the ban on 5.56 mm ammo on a fast track, immediately driving up the price of the bullets and prompting retailers, including the huge outdoors company Cabela's, to urge sportsmen to urge Congress to stop the president."

Thats not Executive Action...Sorry you didnt read your own link.

Maybe you have something that shows what Executive Action he issued or will issue. You dont tho...because you cant find one. Must be a liberal conspiracy

BATFE is an executive branch agency. The actions of all executive branch agencies are executive actions.

You are correct that this action was not an official Executive Order signed by the President, but even then, you have no way of knowing if this executive action was ordered by said President unofficially. Indeed, considering his past public statements, one could easily assume this action was at least prompted by the President's own words.

Of course I'm right...These fucktards are known for intermingling issues and actions to claim something happened that didnt happen at all.

You do know what happens when you assume dont you?

When I assume, I am usually proved to be correct...unless of course I want to make an ass of u and me. Assuming that the ATF's actions are directly related to the public pronouncements of the President is a pretty safe assumption.

How do you think this constitutes government control? This is no more control over the internet than the first amendment is control over speech.

You have way to much trust in the government.

You realize these are private companies investing their own money to bring a service to their customers, right.

I find it interesting how the left picks and chooses its enemies. There is over $1 trillion dollars of government backed student loan debt on the books, young people are being slaved out to debt before they even start their careers. Why isn't the left calling for regulation and price fixing on universities?
The government started the internet for the public good and built it on principals of free speech and equality. Is that so bad that it needs to be changed to something else that benefits only corporations and leaves us with a poorer, less vibrant internet?

The internet is the modern equivalent of public square, anyone with server space and a domain name can put practically anything they want up there and there is nothing anyone can do to stop them unless the cable companies get their way. They want to be the gatekeepers to what you see just like TV and that cannot be allowed.

Incorrect...but that delusion will be proven incorrect soon enough now that the feds have gotten their regulation-happy little hands on da intrawebz. Now the gatekeepers you mention will have their own gatekeepers to answer to.

The only mention of Executive Action is in the title. Sorry buddy....you want something to be there that isnt

"The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives this month revealed that it is proposing to put the ban on 5.56 mm ammo on a fast track, immediately driving up the price of the bullets and prompting retailers, including the huge outdoors company Cabela's, to urge sportsmen to urge Congress to stop the president."

Thats not Executive Action...Sorry you didnt read your own link.

Maybe you have something that shows what Executive Action he issued or will issue. You dont tho...because you cant find one. Must be a liberal conspiracy

BATFE is an executive branch agency. The actions of all executive branch agencies are executive actions.

You are correct that this action was not an official Executive Order signed by the President, but even then, you have no way of knowing if this executive action was ordered by said President unofficially. Indeed, considering his past public statements, one could easily assume this action was at least prompted by the President's own words.

Of course I'm right...These fucktards are known for intermingling issues and actions to claim something happened that didnt happen at all.

You do know what happens when you assume dont you?

When I assume, I am usually proved to be correct...unless of course I want to make an ass of u and me. Assuming that the ATF's actions are directly related to the public pronouncements of the President is a pretty safe assumption.

Yeah but an assumption isnt proof of anything. I'm asking for proof not assumptions and rumors.

Of course since no proof exists..that means it really must be true!!! Like The Fountain of Youth

Purple asparagus.

My answer makes as much sense as your question.

You have way to much trust in the government.
You do not know a bad thing when it is staring you in the face. This is a pretty clear issue once you strip away all the scare tactics of what the government might do. As it stands internet freedom won the day. What might happen down the road is anyone's guess but do not despair, nothing that might harm the internet escapes the notice of the millions of nerds around the world who are VERY protective of it. If internet freedom is your worry then always side with them, they are happy with how this turned out.

Forum List

Back