Enter the Age of Censorship, FCC circumvents Congress to classify internet as Public Utility

Of course, if only I knew I would join you in fighting to end civil liberty in favor of dictatorship/

It's a hell of a lot better than the FCC monopoly to AT&T that reigned while Title II of the 1934 telecom act was in force - EXACTLY what the Internet was just placed under.

Who do you think the FCC will designate as the sole ISP for the nation? Verizon? Comcast? We'll have to wait and see,

You're what, 14 or 15? You weren't born when these rules were last in place, but many of us were - we remember a government monopoly of telephones and the outrageous long distance charges. We remember only three stations on TV, because the FCC outlawed any competition using the authority of the 1934 act.

Don't be a moron, the FCC will designate a government monopoly as the only ISP. From 1934 to 1987 there was one phone company - AT&T based on the power the FCC just usurped over the internet. If this were to stand, within 2 years there would be only a single ISP. Thankfully, this will not stand.

news.PNG

And where is the FCC's new authority to 'censor content'?

The same authority they use to censor content in radio and television. Hasn't anyone learned from the "camel's nose under the tent" strategy that statists have been using for like EVAR?

Show us where in the FCC regulation passed yesterday that affirms net neutrality where the FCC claims any authority to regulate content in a manner they couldn't already do before the vote.

They claim authority to regulate the Internet, period. Once you accept that little slight of hand, the rest is cake.

Then it will be remarkably easy for you to find where in the FCC regulations passed yesterday that the FCC was granted new authority to regulate content on the internet that they didn't have before.

Please do so now.

The lack of evidence only strengthens their beliefs.

Good luck on getting an answer

And where is the FCC's new authority to 'censor content'?

The same authority they use to censor content in radio and television. Hasn't anyone learned from the "camel's nose under the tent" strategy that statists have been using for like EVAR?

Show us where in the FCC regulation passed yesterday that affirms net neutrality where the FCC claims any authority to regulate content in a manner they couldn't already do before the vote.

They claim authority to regulate the Internet, period. Once you accept that little slight of hand, the rest is cake.

Then it will be remarkably easy for you to find where in the FCC regulations passed yesterday that the FCC was granted new authority to regulate content on the internet that they didn't have before.

Please do so now.

So you can't quote any FCC regulation that says what you're insisting it does.

Clearly evidence isn't the basis of your beliefs. So what is?

Please do so now.

So you can't quote any FCC regulation that says what you're insisting it does.

Clearly evidence isn't the basis of your beliefs. So what is?

I agree with you....I'm saying if you're looking for any proof to what these retards are saying you'll quickly find they dont have any proof....its all what they believe.

Yes, indeed.

The internet, the last bastion of Liberty, has been nationalized, infiltrated by the fascists.

I don't think 'fascist' means what you think it means. And so far, the only indication of 'regulation' we've seen is that internet service providers have to treat all data equally.

I don't think lucid means what you think it means.

Go back to night school, take a US History Course, then , AND ONLY THEN, repost.

Laughing.....notice you don't actually disagree with any point I've raised. Nor raise any of your own related to the topic.

When you can manage either, feel free to rejoin the conversation.

farting......I disagree with ALL your points

I am so overwhelmed by your gross stupidity that I don't even know where to start.

Then show us where in the FCC regulation passed yesterday grants the FCC more authority to 'censor' the internet that it already had before the net neutrality vote.

I strongly suggested that you go back to night school and take US History for a reason.

Thorough out our history the government started programs with noble purposes then slowly, when no one was watching , changed the program altogether

One such program was PAPER MONEY .as Legal Tender

In the Legal Tender Cases

110 U.S. 421 (1884)

The Corrupt scumbags ruled that PAPER MONEY WAS CONSTITUTIONAL SO LONG AS IT WAS REEDEMABLE FOR GOLD AND SILVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My question to you my ignorant opponent

IS PAPER MONEY REEDEMABLE FOR GOLD AND SILVER TODAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Pretty sure we could come up with a solution that didnt involve turning control of the internet over to the government.
How do you think this constitutes government control? This is no more control over the internet than the first amendment is control over speech.

You have way to much trust in the government.
You do not know a bad thing when it is staring you in the face. This is a pretty clear issue once you strip away all the scare tactics of what the government might do. As it stands internet freedom won the day. What might happen down the road is anyone's guess but do not despair, nothing that might harm the internet escapes the notice of the millions of nerds around the world who are VERY protective of it. If internet freedom is your worry then always side with them, they are happy with how this turned out.

No,I'm a realist. The government does nothing unless it benefits government.
There will be taxes and there will be regulations...it's only a matter of time.
Look at the mess the government makes of everything,SS,obamacare the IRS..and speaking of the IRS. Do you really trust a government that would use the IRS as weapon with this kind of control over the internet?
When you can point to a specific policy that makes the internet less accessible, more expensive or less free then I will give credence to your arguments. I do not share your fears because the internet resists government control like no other construct in human history. It's like trying to hold an eel, the harder you squeeze the slipperier it gets.

300 pages of regulations, FCC refuses to talk about in front of congress? now why wouldnt they want to?

I don't think 'fascist' means what you think it means. And so far, the only indication of 'regulation' we've seen is that internet service providers have to treat all data equally.

Go back to night school, take a US History Course, then , AND ONLY THEN, repost.

Laughing.....notice you don't actually disagree with any point I've raised. Nor raise any of your own related to the topic.

I am so overwhelmed by your gross stupidity that I don't even know where to start.

Then show us where in the FCC regulation passed yesterday grants the FCC more authority to 'censor' the internet that it already had before the net neutrality vote.

I strongly suggested that you go back to night school and take US History for a reason.

Thorough out our history the government started programs with noble purposes then slowly, when no one was watching , changed the program altogether

110 U.S. 421 (1884)

The Corrupt scumbags ruled that PAPER MONEY WAS CONSTITUTIONAL SO LONG AS IT WAS REEDEMABLE FOR GOLD AND SILVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, when ever you have a small group of people who think they can radically change the course of the 'masses' for the better. It usually ends up doing the opposite, history bears that out over and over again in so many ways

It is impossible to successfully censor the internet. Other counties have learned this fact to their dismay.

We agree on that point though for our approach to that belief differs.

Now, are you REALLY ready to bend over, grease up, and accept the taxes, fees and countless other additional expenses you WILL pay? Not this week. Not next month but surely before Walmart has the Christmas Tree displays up in the garden shop.

110 U.S. 421 (1884)

The FCC regulates paper money? Or did you just plop down a great big red herring?

Can I take it from your utter rout from net neutrality that you don't know enough about the topic to discuss it intelligently.

110 U.S. 421 (1884)

Yeah, when ever you have a small group of people who think they can radically change the course of the 'masses' for the better. It usually ends up doing the opposite, history bears that out over and over again in so many ways

The proponents of paper money was the Lincoln Administration.

"Justice" Gray's corruption and ignorance caused the US to go belly up in 1935, we lost the gold standard and a lot of people suffered and gave FDR the pretext to change us into a full fledged fascistic republic.

110 U.S. 421 (1884)

The FCC regulates paper money? Or did you just plop down a great big red herring?

Can I take it from your utter rout from net neutrality that you don't know enough about the topic to discuss it intelligently.

trend
trend/
noun
noun: trend; plural noun: trends
a general direction in which something is developing or changing.
"an upward trend in sales and profit margins"
synonyms: tendency, movement, drift, swing, shift, course, current, direction, progression, inclination, leaning;More

300 pages of regulations, FCC refuses to talk about in front of congress? now why wouldnt they want to?

Why would they. The FCC works at the pleasure of the President.

Is that right?

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Independent agencies of the United States federal government are those agencies that exist outside of the federal executive departments (those headed by a Cabinet secretary). More specifically, the term may be used to describe agencies that, while constitutionally part of the executive branch, are independent of presidential control, usually because the president's power to dismiss the agency head or a member is limited.

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is charged with regulating interstate and international communications by radio, television, wire, satellite, and cable. It licenses radio and television broadcast stations, assigns radio frequencies, and enforces regulations designed to ensure that cable rates are reasonable. The FCC regulates common carriers, such as telephone and telegraph companies, as well as wireless telecommunications service providers.

110 U.S. 421 (1884)

"Justice" Gray's corruption and ignorance caused the US to go belly up in 1935, we lost the gold standard and a lot of people suffered and gave FDR the pretext to change us into a full fledged fascistic republic.

Wow....you've completely abandoned the topic of the thread, didn't you? You won't touch net neutrality or the FCC with a 10 foot pole.

Is there any topic I can't run you off of?

110 U.S. 421 (1884)

trend
trend/
noun
noun: trend; plural noun: trends
a general direction in which something is developing or changing.
"an upward trend in sales and profit margins"
synonyms: tendency, movement, drift, swing, shift, course, current, direction, progression, inclination, leaning;More

Try "red herring".

110 U.S. 421 (1884)

Wow....you've completely abandoned the topic of the thread, didn't you? You won't touch net neutrality or the FCC with a 10 foot pole.

Is there any topic I can't run you off of?

Au contraire, my confused retarded opponent

I intend to get through your thick skull that historical evidence shows that every time the federal government has intervened in the economy it has caused clusterfucks which necessitated even deeper more severe interventions.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it

. George Santayana (16 December 1863

Forum List

Back