EPA Ignores Science to Propose Most Expensive Regulation in History

Wrong links but thanks for playing.

They are both credible links, and demonstrate that:

1) Less ozone (creating a " hole" in the ozone layer) contributes to Global warming, and

2) Less ozone in the atmosphere will allow more UV rays (which are detrimental to plant and animal life) to reach the surface...

Gee, if you can't read the links I posted and figure that out, you might want to check your family tree...
View attachment 50986
You might want to check yours.
I did not say your link were not credible .
False assumption is a classic example of inbreeding.
Then explain why we are trying to cure the hole in the ozone layer (and cut down on Global Warming and the detrimental effects of UV rays) by paying out all that money to REDUCE the amount of ozone...

And while you're at it, please explain why we REDUCED the amount of CFCs to PROTECT The ozone layer if we have TOO MUCH ozone...

Feel free to post links backing up your nonsense...
When you answer the question about cancer or money , I might think about it .till then no.

Ozone and UV: Where Are We Now? - SkinCancer.org

The stratospheric ozone layer absorbs most of the harmfulultraviolet B (UVB) radiation (shortwave UV rays measuring 280-315 nanometers, or nm) emitted by the sun. In small amounts, UVB radiation is helpful to life (e.g., for the production of vitamin D). But what happens when the ozone layer is threatened?

The more damage there is to the ozone layer, the more UVB rays that reach our bodies. UVB rays (as well as the sun's longer-wave, UVA rays, from 315-400 nm) can produce DNA damage in the skin and mucous membranes, causing genetic mutations that can lead to skin cancer, premature skin aging, cataracts and other eye conditions. Excessive UV exposure can also weaken immune system functioning, reducing our ability to fight off skin cancers and other maladies. Therefore, ozone loss is a serious health threat.

Reduced stratospheric ozone leads to increases in surfaceultraviolet (UV) radiation. UV light is divided into three bands: UVC (100-280 nanometers), UVB, and UVA. UVC is the most dangerous, but is mostly absorbed by oxygen and ozone molecules in the stratosphere and does not reach the earth's surface. When UV radiation passes through the earth's atmosphere, some of it collides with other molecules and particles, causing it to bounce around and change direction. This scattered UV radiation can increase sunburn risk even when you are in the shade.

UVB is partly scattered back to space by the atmosphere and absorbed by ozone, limiting how much reaches the earth throughout the year, while UVA is absorbed less by ozone and scattered less by the atmosphere; thus a larger percentage of UVA reaches the earth year-round. UVB strikes the earth more intensely during summer months when the sun is higher in the sky, so that the radiation travels on a shorter path through the atmosphere. Ozone and clouds are the most important factors in limiting UVB penetration. How much UV reaches the earth's surface depends on the amount of ozone overhead, clouds, small particles or aerosols, and pollution.

Measuring long-term changes in UV penetration is quite difficult. First, the amount of ozone overhead varies daily because of weather patterns, and to a lesser extent, due to ozone destruction by CFCs. Secondly, cloud systems change rapidly, and can cause the amount of surface UV to change by 10 to 50 percent (occasionally more) within minutes: While thick, uniform cloud layers allow little UV to arrive at the earth's surface, side reflections from tall, puffy clouds can actually enhance penetration of UV radiation by a few percent when compared with clear skies. As much as 80 percent of UV Radiation can pass through thin clouds that appear to block the sun, so that you can sunburn even on an apparently cloudy day. Since 1979, we have been able to estimate this large variation in UV levels on the ground by using satellites that measure ozone and cloud amounts over the entire earth, and then calculating the UV penetration to the ground. The calculations are validated by ground-based instruments.

Because of ozone depletion, by the mid-1990s average clear sky erythemal (skin reddening/sunburn-inducing) radiation had increased by about seven percent from levels in the 1970s at middle latitudes. This has fallen off somewhat and is now only about four percent higher than in the 1970s. [Figure 3].

ozone_figure3.jpg

FIGURE 3. The calculated percent change in UV irradiance caused by percent
changes in ozone over the continental United States. The ozone change is estimated
from satellite measurements over the United States.

I hope you don't mind scientific evidence...

Now we know that reducing the amount of ozone will cost money, so tell me...

Why should we spend that money to INCREASE Global Warming and kill people???

I'm waiting...
Still no answer cancer or cost?

No, but you did and are still.

Huh? I "did" what?
Didn't know it was possible to be text deaf?

You must be alluding to the fact that your posts are mostly unintelligible gibberish.
Wrong again no alluding needed you are text deaf.
Says the guy who doesn't even know when to use a period or a comma.
Wrong it's called not bothering to, not the same thing as not knowing how .
Another fine example of false assumption.

Rea

1) Less ozone (creating a " hole" in the ozone layer) contributes to Global warming, and

2) Less ozone in the atmosphere will allow more UV rays (which are detrimental to plant and animal life) to reach the surface...

Gee, if you can't read the links I posted and figure that out, you might want to check your family tree...
View attachment 50986
Then explain why we are trying to cure the hole in the ozone layer (and cut down on Global Warming and the detrimental effects of UV rays) by paying out all that money to REDUCE the amount of ozone...

And while you're at it, please explain why we REDUCED the amount of CFCs to PROTECT The ozone layer if we have TOO MUCH ozone...

When you answer the question about cancer or money , I might think about it .till then no.

The stratospheric ozone layer absorbs most of the harmfulultraviolet B (UVB) radiation (shortwave UV rays measuring 280-315 nanometers, or nm) emitted by the sun. In small amounts, UVB radiation is helpful to life (e.g., for the production of vitamin D). But what happens when the ozone layer is threatened?

The more damage there is to the ozone layer, the more UVB rays that reach our bodies. UVB rays (as well as the sun's longer-wave, UVA rays, from 315-400 nm) can produce DNA damage in the skin and mucous membranes, causing genetic mutations that can lead to skin cancer, premature skin aging, cataracts and other eye conditions. Excessive UV exposure can also weaken immune system functioning, reducing our ability to fight off skin cancers and other maladies. Therefore, ozone loss is a serious health threat.

Reduced stratospheric ozone leads to increases in surfaceultraviolet (UV) radiation. UV light is divided into three bands: UVC (100-280 nanometers), UVB, and UVA. UVC is the most dangerous, but is mostly absorbed by oxygen and ozone molecules in the stratosphere and does not reach the earth's surface. When UV radiation passes through the earth's atmosphere, some of it collides with other molecules and particles, causing it to bounce around and change direction. This scattered UV radiation can increase sunburn risk even when you are in the shade.

UVB is partly scattered back to space by the atmosphere and absorbed by ozone, limiting how much reaches the earth throughout the year, while UVA is absorbed less by ozone and scattered less by the atmosphere; thus a larger percentage of UVA reaches the earth year-round. UVB strikes the earth more intensely during summer months when the sun is higher in the sky, so that the radiation travels on a shorter path through the atmosphere. Ozone and clouds are the most important factors in limiting UVB penetration. How much UV reaches the earth's surface depends on the amount of ozone overhead, clouds, small particles or aerosols, and pollution.

Measuring long-term changes in UV penetration is quite difficult. First, the amount of ozone overhead varies daily because of weather patterns, and to a lesser extent, due to ozone destruction by CFCs. Secondly, cloud systems change rapidly, and can cause the amount of surface UV to change by 10 to 50 percent (occasionally more) within minutes: While thick, uniform cloud layers allow little UV to arrive at the earth's surface, side reflections from tall, puffy clouds can actually enhance penetration of UV radiation by a few percent when compared with clear skies. As much as 80 percent of UV Radiation can pass through thin clouds that appear to block the sun, so that you can sunburn even on an apparently cloudy day. Since 1979, we have been able to estimate this large variation in UV levels on the ground by using satellites that measure ozone and cloud amounts over the entire earth, and then calculating the UV penetration to the ground. The calculations are validated by ground-based instruments.

Because of ozone depletion, by the mid-1990s average clear sky erythemal (skin reddening/sunburn-inducing) radiation had increased by about seven percent from levels in the 1970s at middle latitudes. This has fallen off somewhat and is now only about four percent higher than in the 1970s. [Figure 3].

ozone_figure3.jpg

changes in ozone over the continental United States. The ozone change is estimated

I'm waiting...
Read my post...

It clearly shows the cancer link, Dumbass...

Huh? I "did" what?

You must be alluding to the fact that your posts are mostly unintelligible gibberish.

Only idiots believe punctuation isn't an important part of communicating.

The tree huggers want to punish and tax the citizens for Natures occurring events, like ozone.
Ozone in nature is balanced human activities disrupt that balance.
We can restore balance by changing the way we produce products.
We might be able to restore balance if people like you would learn how to properly punctuate and separate sentences.
Ohhhh no the punctuation nazi ploy again.
Best you've got?
Nothing Nazi about it, you dim wit. As far as the 'best I've got' goes, I save that for replies to intelligent posters. Never fear, I'll not likely have to use it on you....ever.
really if I'm such a dim wit why bother answering or commenting at all. ?
My mother taught me to be kind to dumb animals and to help stupid humans improve themselves.

Rea

ozone_figure3.jpg

I'm waiting...
Read my post...

It does but it does not answer the question.

Only idiots believe punctuation isn't an important part of communicating.
What you do is communication it's
paranoid ranting false conclusions ,comparisons , bigotry assumption etc
Etc.

Ozone in nature is balanced human activities disrupt that balance.
We can restore balance by changing the way we produce products.
We might be able to restore balance if people like you would learn how to properly punctuate and separate sentences.
Ohhhh no the punctuation nazi ploy again.
Best you've got?
Nothing Nazi about it, you dim wit. As far as the 'best I've got' goes, I save that for replies to intelligent posters. Never fear, I'll not likely have to use it on you....ever.
really if I'm such a dim wit why bother answering or commenting at all. ?
My mother taught me to be kind to dumb animals and to help stupid humans improve themselves.
Since I'm neither I don't need or want your "kindness"
Define improvement.

Rea

ozone_figure3.jpg

I'm waiting...
Read my post...

The estimated cost is in the OP...

All you have to do is put that fine Liberal education to work and read at a first-grade level...

Estimated cost of the EPA's program: $1.1 Trillion...

Consequences of doing it: Increased Global Warming and more cases of skin cancer (including Melanoma, the deadliest form of cancer).... Also, increased UV rays cause damage to plant life, increasing hunger....

Conclusion: Congratulations, once again you've made the village idiot look like an Einstein!!!!

Rea

ozone_figure3.jpg

I'm waiting...
Read my post...

All you have to do is put that fine Liberal education to work and read at a first-grade level...

Consequences of doing it: Increased Global Warming and more cases of skin cancer (including Melanoma, the deadliest form of cancer).... Also, increased UV rays cause damage to plant life, increasing hunger....

Conclusion: Congratulations, once again you've made the village idiot look like an Einstein!!!!
Still not a answer cost or cancer
Btw there is nothing you can tell me about cancer that I don't already know .
Having survived leukemia I'm an expert.

Rea

ozone_figure3.jpg

I'm waiting...
Read my post...

Still not a answer cost or cancer
Btw there is nothing you can tell me about cancer that I don't already know .
Having survived leukemia I'm an expert.
I listed the estimated cost of the regulations, plus given you evidence of the increased cancer risk...

If you're too damn stupid to read, that's your problem...

View attachment 50986

ozone_figure3.jpg

I'm waiting...
This post clinched it for me.

Daws has been measured and found wanting.
Not a single bit of credible evidence for the opposite side of the issue.
Only diversion.

If you remember my essay a couple of weeks ago I noted that the slow, steady increase in disorders such as autism, asthma, Type I diabetes and similar was utterly inconsistent with environmental poisoning. Specifically, we've not only done a lot to clean up the environment over the last 30-40 years (which should lead to a decrease in such conditions) we've also removed a huge number of chemical and other agents from our environment that the moonbats claimed caused these ailments. But the incidence kept rising.

The other explanation is that it's genetic, and our technological improvements in society allow people who would not be able to reproduce to do so in more cases than was previously true. If this is the case then the more technological advancement we make the more survivable a condition becomes, and thus the more-likely the genetic coding for it will be passed on. This in turn means that there will be a material and continuing increase in the incidence of such conditions.

That happens to match observations. A Thesis Begins To Validate....

ozone_figure3.jpg

I'm waiting...
This post clinched it for me.

Daws has been measured and found wanting.
Not a single bit of credible evidence for the opposite side of the issue.
Only diversion.

131886-Lie-On-The-Floor-And-Do-Nothing.jpg

Forum List

Back