EPA Ignores Science to Propose Most Expensive Regulation in History

The tree huggers want to punish and tax the citizens for Natures occurring events, like ozone.
Ozone in nature is balanced human activities disrupt that balance.
We can restore balance by changing the way we produce products.

In other words, Ozone occurs naturally. Attempting to reduce it to zero is a fool's errand. Any such attempt will cost astronomical amounts of money.

Does that just about get it?
False ! failed attempt at spin .
It's us who upset the balance and we have to fix it cost is not an issue considering the consequences if we do nothing
If it just effected raving slap dicks like you I'd be right there with a canister of ozone spraying it in your home.

The costs of doing nothing are totally imaginary. The EPA has failed to demonstrate there are any such costs.

You keep referring to "the balance" instead of admitting you want the government to limit ozone to pre-industrial levels. Only the insane would want to live in a world where industry is outlawed. Liberals claim to care about the poor, but the exhibit no qualms about imposing costs on them that would force them to live like the poor in third world countries.
False . Your powers of false assumption are amazing !

What "false assumptions" have I made?

Didn't say that .
So me the studies that show the regulations will do more harm than the non regulated bullshit you are defending.
If not stfu.

Wow, you ARE a dumbass...

Don't you remember when the EPA cracked down on chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) because they were eating a hole in the ozone layer ( and by doing so, were contributing to global warming and allowing more harmful UV radiation to reach the Earth's surface)???

Don't you think it's kind of retarded to pay that much money to INCREASE the amount of Global Warming, not to mention the rate of Melanoma (the deadliest form of cancer)????
links?

Hole in Antarctic ozone layer may be adding to global warming - NBC News

The hole in the planet's ozone layer may be shifting wind patterns and cloud cover over Antarctica in a way that could be triggering slightly warmer global temperatures, a new study finds.

The ozone layer, depletion and uv radiation

A depletion of the ozone layer will increase the UV-radiation at ground level. Increasing doses of UV-B may cause skin cancer, eye cataracts, damage to the immune system in animals as well as human beings, and have an adverse impact on plant growth.

So, let's bankrupt the country where we can boost cancer rates and have more Global Warming??? Dumb move...

Or are you going to argue that we need to lower ozone levels to combat Global Cooling???
Wrong links but thanks for playing.

They are both credible links, and demonstrate that:

1) Less ozone (creating a " hole" in the ozone layer) contributes to Global warming, and

2) Less ozone in the atmosphere will allow more UV rays (which are detrimental to plant and animal life) to reach the surface...

Gee, if you can't read the links I posted and figure that out, you might want to check your family tree...
View attachment 50986
You might want to check yours.
I did not say your link were not credible .
False assumption is a classic example of inbreeding.

Wow, you ARE a dumbass...

Don't you remember when the EPA cracked down on chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) because they were eating a hole in the ozone layer ( and by doing so, were contributing to global warming and allowing more harmful UV radiation to reach the Earth's surface)???

Don't you think it's kind of retarded to pay that much money to INCREASE the amount of Global Warming, not to mention the rate of Melanoma (the deadliest form of cancer)????
links?

The hole in the planet's ozone layer may be shifting wind patterns and cloud cover over Antarctica in a way that could be triggering slightly warmer global temperatures, a new study finds.

A depletion of the ozone layer will increase the UV-radiation at ground level. Increasing doses of UV-B may cause skin cancer, eye cataracts, damage to the immune system in animals as well as human beings, and have an adverse impact on plant growth.

So, let's bankrupt the country where we can boost cancer rates and have more Global Warming??? Dumb move...

Or are you going to argue that we need to lower ozone levels to combat Global Cooling???

1) Less ozone (creating a " hole" in the ozone layer) contributes to Global warming, and

2) Less ozone in the atmosphere will allow more UV rays (which are detrimental to plant and animal life) to reach the surface...

Gee, if you can't read the links I posted and figure that out, you might want to check your family tree...
View attachment 50986
Then explain why we are trying to cure the hole in the ozone layer (and cut down on Global Warming and the detrimental effects of UV rays) by paying out all that money to REDUCE the amount of ozone...

And while you're at it, please explain why we REDUCED the amount of CFCs to PROTECT The ozone layer if we have TOO MUCH ozone...

Feel free to post links backing up your nonsense...

In other words, Ozone occurs naturally. Attempting to reduce it to zero is a fool's errand. Any such attempt will cost astronomical amounts of money.

It's us who upset the balance and we have to fix it cost is not an issue considering the consequences if we do nothing
If it just effected raving slap dicks like you I'd be right there with a canister of ozone spraying it in your home.

The costs of doing nothing are totally imaginary. The EPA has failed to demonstrate there are any such costs.

You keep referring to "the balance" instead of admitting you want the government to limit ozone to pre-industrial levels. Only the insane would want to live in a world where industry is outlawed. Liberals claim to care about the poor, but the exhibit no qualms about imposing costs on them that would force them to live like the poor in third world countries.

Every thing would cover it.
The admitting bullshit you posted would bexpect a good place to start. If that's not baltant and ignorant false assumption then it doesn't exist.
The second POS false assumption is the amazing denial of fact about the cost of doing nothing .
You have no clue as to how much has been rendered poison or unusable by doing nothing.

The tree huggers want to punish and tax the citizens for Natures occurring events, like ozone.
We might be able to restore balance if people like you would learn how to properly punctuate and separate sentences.
Ohhhh no the punctuation nazi ploy again.
Best you've got?

The admitting bullshit you posted would bexpect a good place to start. If that's not baltant and ignorant false assumption then it doesn't exist.
The second POS false assumption is the amazing denial of fact about the cost of doing nothing .
You have no clue as to how much has been rendered poison or unusable by doing nothing.

Calling the entire article an "assumption" is pure idiocy.

The EPA has not provided any credible evidence there is a cost to doing nothing. The available empirical evidence shows that their claims that ozone causes asthma are dead wrong. So where are the costs?

View attachment 50986
Then explain why we are trying to cure the hole in the ozone layer (and cut down on Global Warming and the detrimental effects of UV rays) by paying out all that money to REDUCE the amount of ozone...

And while you're at it, please explain why we REDUCED the amount of CFCs to PROTECT The ozone layer if we have TOO MUCH ozone...

When you answer the question about cancer or money , I might think about it .till then no.

I don't want the pollution and river filled with shit that occurs in china or india....It is up to who governs to govern wisely of course so maybe the epa is going a little too far.

The EPA went way beyond the point of "too far" about 20 years ago.
Bullshit. The op is one of the ignorant fucks I just posted about.

So far you have offered zero proof of that.
No, but you did and are still.

cons think it is their gawd given right to plunder/despoil the planet because that is what rw jesus wants for them.

Sent from my VS415PP using Tapatalk

The EPA has not provided any credible evidence there is a cost to doing nothing. The available empirical evidence shows that their claims that ozone causes asthma are dead wrong. So where are the costs?
Never said it was I said you were and you are still doing it or you have reading comp issues.

Bullshit.

I don't want the pollution and river filled with shit that occurs in china or india....It is up to who governs to govern wisely of course so maybe the epa is going a little too far.

Huh? I "did" what?

Huh? I "did" what?
Didn't know it was possible to be text deaf?

Huh? I "did" what?

You must be alluding to the fact that your posts are mostly unintelligible gibberish.

We might be able to restore balance if people like you would learn how to properly punctuate and separate sentences.
Best you've got?
Nothing Nazi about it, you dim wit. As far as the 'best I've got' goes, I save that for replies to intelligent posters. Never fear, I'll not likely have to use it on you....ever.

View attachment 50986

When you answer the question about cancer or money , I might think about it .till then no.

Ozone and UV: Where Are We Now? - SkinCancer.org

The stratospheric ozone layer absorbs most of the harmfulultraviolet B (UVB) radiation (shortwave UV rays measuring 280-315 nanometers, or nm) emitted by the sun. In small amounts, UVB radiation is helpful to life (e.g., for the production of vitamin D). But what happens when the ozone layer is threatened?

The more damage there is to the ozone layer, the more UVB rays that reach our bodies. UVB rays (as well as the sun's longer-wave, UVA rays, from 315-400 nm) can produce DNA damage in the skin and mucous membranes, causing genetic mutations that can lead to skin cancer, premature skin aging, cataracts and other eye conditions. Excessive UV exposure can also weaken immune system functioning, reducing our ability to fight off skin cancers and other maladies. Therefore, ozone loss is a serious health threat.

Reduced stratospheric ozone leads to increases in surfaceultraviolet (UV) radiation. UV light is divided into three bands: UVC (100-280 nanometers), UVB, and UVA. UVC is the most dangerous, but is mostly absorbed by oxygen and ozone molecules in the stratosphere and does not reach the earth's surface. When UV radiation passes through the earth's atmosphere, some of it collides with other molecules and particles, causing it to bounce around and change direction. This scattered UV radiation can increase sunburn risk even when you are in the shade.

UVB is partly scattered back to space by the atmosphere and absorbed by ozone, limiting how much reaches the earth throughout the year, while UVA is absorbed less by ozone and scattered less by the atmosphere; thus a larger percentage of UVA reaches the earth year-round. UVB strikes the earth more intensely during summer months when the sun is higher in the sky, so that the radiation travels on a shorter path through the atmosphere. Ozone and clouds are the most important factors in limiting UVB penetration. How much UV reaches the earth's surface depends on the amount of ozone overhead, clouds, small particles or aerosols, and pollution.

Measuring long-term changes in UV penetration is quite difficult. First, the amount of ozone overhead varies daily because of weather patterns, and to a lesser extent, due to ozone destruction by CFCs. Secondly, cloud systems change rapidly, and can cause the amount of surface UV to change by 10 to 50 percent (occasionally more) within minutes: While thick, uniform cloud layers allow little UV to arrive at the earth's surface, side reflections from tall, puffy clouds can actually enhance penetration of UV radiation by a few percent when compared with clear skies. As much as 80 percent of UV Radiation can pass through thin clouds that appear to block the sun, so that you can sunburn even on an apparently cloudy day. Since 1979, we have been able to estimate this large variation in UV levels on the ground by using satellites that measure ozone and cloud amounts over the entire earth, and then calculating the UV penetration to the ground. The calculations are validated by ground-based instruments.

Because of ozone depletion, by the mid-1990s average clear sky erythemal (skin reddening/sunburn-inducing) radiation had increased by about seven percent from levels in the 1970s at middle latitudes. This has fallen off somewhat and is now only about four percent higher than in the 1970s. [Figure 3].

ozone_figure3.jpg

FIGURE 3. The calculated percent change in UV irradiance caused by percent
changes in ozone over the continental United States. The ozone change is estimated
from satellite measurements over the United States.

I hope you don't mind scientific evidence...

Now we know that reducing the amount of ozone will cost money, so tell me...

Why should we spend that money to INCREASE Global Warming and kill people???

I'm waiting...

Huh? I "did" what?

You must be alluding to the fact that your posts are mostly unintelligible gibberish.
Wrong again no alluding needed you are text deaf.

Best you've got?
Nothing Nazi about it, you dim wit. As far as the 'best I've got' goes, I save that for replies to intelligent posters. Never fear, I'll not likely have to use it on you....ever.
really if I'm such a dim wit why bother answering or commenting at all. ?

Huh? I "did" what?

Wrong again no alluding needed you are text deaf.
Says the guy who doesn't even know when to use a period or a comma.

Forum List

Back